Bleach, The Call of the Shinigami | Co-hosted by ~Supra~ and Lord of Chaos | (Started/Accepting Captains and Dethicanians)

Ghoulish

"Captain Nagakai, This battle seems to want us to test our skills but also I think it is for us to get to know each other more, allowing a more fluid relationship." Seeing Ryunosuke trying to talk to him made Gero feel that much more respect for him. After all, No one knew of him till today, so this little test will be good for everyone. Gero had to make sure, under no circumstances, that his shikai was to be out today. That was the last thing he needed, Death of a Captain or someone's Zanpakuto to dissappear from exsistance.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
"To be able to cross swords in a battle between colleagues is an experience to cherish. When your zanpakuto clash with your opponent's zanpakuto, a bond is formed. That bond creates a form of respect whether the opponent is a comrade or an enemy. A battle between two strong individuals is a great way to get to know one another. Just by the exchange of blows, the two combatants can find out a variety of info. You are smart Captain Hiraishin...." Ryunosuke said as he gazed at the battlefield. "I'll be looking forward to see what your capabilities are.... Just by exchanging a few words with you I can already tell that your strong, both physically and mentally.... Heh, I wish you the best of luck my Captain...." Ryunosuke said with his smirk widening. "Oh, and by the way.... Will you be using your Shikai in your battle, just out of curiosity I wanted to ask this question."

He looked at Ryunosuke, "Today, Unforunatly you will not see it. Due a complication and the safety of the other captains, I will not. It is very dangerous to not only them but also me aswell, so I dont use it unless it is absolute. " He looked down at the hilt of his blade. It seem to beckon to be awakened but he knew control was the best weapon. "and what about you, Captain. Anything to expect when seeing you move out there on the field?"

"I see.... Maybe it is better that way.... I don't blame you for not wanting to use your zanpakuto.... Even though I may not know what powers your zanpakuto posesses, I do know that a zanpakuto is a very powerful weapon and comes with powerful consequences...." Ryunosuke then gave a slight chuckle and began talking again. "Maybe later then...." Ryunosuke then looked at his zanpakuto and his grin widened. ".... Well Captain Hiraishin.... let's just say when I battle, it will be rather prolonged, and I do intend on using my Shikai if it calls for it. Though, I won't be using the full extent of my Shikai for several reasons. One of them being that my Shikai is a little bit too destructive when the battle continues for a long time.... But I can assure you that I won't let my zanpakuto overdo it.... Though.... My zanpakuto is the type to not take directions very clearly hehe.... Oops, sorry me Captain Hiraishin, my thoughts are wandering off again. I'll have to go collect them later...." Ryunosuke lightly joked.

"During my battle, I'll have to avoid using too much of my techniques. Rather, I'll try to outsmart the opponent.... Hmm.... Captain Hiraishin, just a thought, what made you want to become a captain in the first place? We might as well get to know each other a little better before the battles begin. So might as well kill some time now...."

" I orignally didnt want this position in the first place. The more and more I'd try to deny it, the more i was wanted. I finally gave into becoming the Captain when the former Commanding Captain came to me personally and now I am here. My idea of taking a group of sub-ordinates if you can allow me to call them that, and being responsible for them isnt my idea of leading but you get what your dealt. Now if it was more one on one teaching like master to apprentice, Then I would have been more accepting to the position." Gero hope this wasnt too much information. "What about you? Your Story must be more exciting then mine."

Upon hearing Gero asked about his story of becoming captain, Ryunosuke gave a slight chuckle. "Oh my story? Hehe, my story isn't really at that interesting believe me.... but I won't mind telling it to you.... Well.... Before getting this position, I was a seated officer for the 3rd Division for quite awhile. This was way back however.... Anyways.... Before the deaths of the previous captains, I took off to a location for training for quite some time. When I returned, I was simply asked to become captain.... I didn't noticed that so many faces in the 3rd Division had changed however, hehe.... I must say Captain Hiraishin, this is the first time I see a non-Kuchiki family member be a captain of the 6th Division. Your capabilities must be amazing.... One of these days, we should have a little sparring match, to get to know each other.... What do you think?.... Would you be interested in showing your Shikai to me?...." Ryunosuke asked.

" In due time, Captain, but is we spar, I can assure you I wont reveal my Shikai. About your other concern, " Gero turned his attention to his hilt again. "There is a very good reason a Kuchiki was not chosen as the Captain, but I can not tell you. If you want more info, talk to the Former Commanding Captain. Much has changed in the past years, hasnt it..." Gero looked out to the field with a lost looked one his face. " My apologises to you Captain for drifting off into thought. It seems that I have alot on my mind then just this test." Taking out a piece of paper and pencil, he jotted a few notes down, then said, "What do youthink about the new Commanding Captain? You think he is sufficient enough for the post?"

Ikkutei walks over to the head captain, Hiroshin. He waved to catch his attention and then spoke firmly. "May i ask for you permission to speak with you?" Ikkutei had something he needed to tell him. He was prepared to avoid conflict with all other captains and had a strong reason for it. He believed surely the Head Captain would understand when he asks him. Ikkutei was standing taller as he approached the captain, but as he spoke he had bent down to a kneel as his show of respect. "Forgive me for speaking out of line." He then said, fixxing his eyes on the ground. He would then wait for his Head Captain to acknowledge him.

"Oooh, I see.... Rather mysterious now aren't we?" Ryunosuke said in a clear sarcastic tone. "When.... Many things have changed, but our duty of protecting order still hasn't.... You know, sometimes I wonder what life would be like if I just sold dried plums and other snacks for a living? Hmm, probably I would be rather successful, what do you think Captain Hiraishi? Hehe...." Ryunosuke asked jokingly. "This job of being captain can sometimes be very stressful.... Oh, and no need to appologize.... We all daze into our little world one time or another.... And the new Captain-Commander...." Ryunosuke gave a slight chuckle as he thought of how to answer. "Well, to be brutally honest.... He is not yet ready to take on such a role.... He shows promise yes, but he lacks experience. However, I think it is only a matter of time before the snake will soar and become a dragon, wouldn't you agree?" Ryunosuke asked calmly.

Gero smiled at the remark that was given. " I see.....We will see as the clock turns...." Continuing writing and taking notes, he felt sure maybe that revealing his Shikai today could happen...To scare the other Captain, but that was it. "Well it seems that you are in luck today, Captain. You may see why I dont feel so safe when having my Shikai out..... but nonetheless let us get started so I can meet my Division in full. That brings up a question. How do you feel about your sub-ordinates by the first impression you got?"

Daichi stepped in to the rocky arena and grabbed a rock on the ground. He tossed the rock in to the air a few times before throwing it against a large boulder and watching it shatter on impact. "What do you say we get these fights started so we can hurry up and get out of here." He turned back to the others. "So how are the match ups gonna be decided? Or is this just gonna be a free for all? Ether way is fine with me." Ryusei stood a ways away from the others. "You sure seam eager to get hurt. I have a feeling I'm gonna have a few patients when this is over with."

Before Ryunosuke could answer Gero, he noticed Daichi destroying a large boulder. "My, my, someone sure is a bit hotblooded...." Ryunosuke said without the smirk on his face. The smirk then returned onto his face and he looked at Gero. "Captain Daichi over there sure is rushy isn't he? There'll be plenty of times to battle, but not a lot of time to get to know your fellow captains.... But he brings up a good point, how will the combatants be chosen to fight I wonder? Hmm, the most fun way I would say is just a random selection, that way you can really learn from the battle, wouldn't you agree Captain Hiraishi? About my subordinates.... They seem unsure of what to make of me.... You may know that the 3rd Division has bad luck with captains.... So they must be weary of me.... No matter, I don't think you can trust someone right away after just exchanging a few words...."

Ryunosuke then took a seat. "Another impression I got from them is that they seem to be rather unorganized as a team. I'll have to help them on that.... And what about you my fellow colleague? Did you get a good impression off of your division members? It must be pretty strange for them to finally have a captain who is not a Kuchiki, wouldn't you agree?"

Gero also took a seat next to Ryunosuke. "Captain Daichi seems most excited, but if he dosent control his blazing spirit, someone who is cunning is going to wipe the look on his face." Writing some more notes, he continued," It seems my division is not the only one that was willing to give their first impressions. Almost everyone gave my an odd look, as if someone like me could replace a Kuchiki was the most outward idea to behold. Rukia was especially angry at the desision of me being Captain." Making some more notes, he stood up and called to Daichi," Instead of worring about this fight, why dont you sit down. You never know if you dont sit down."

"Rukia Kuchiki hmm?.... Even though she isn't part of the 6th Division she sure is concern about the roles of the Kuchiki Clan in the Gotei 13...." After giving a light chuckle, Ryunosuke looked up towards the sky. ".... But, there's a reason why you were chosen to become captain of the 6th Division.... So you better make an impression amongst your subordinates, or else your division will never be complete.... Hehe.... Looking up at the sky kind of reminds me of my childhood in the Western Rukongai District...."

[Flashback]

"Alright kid, give us all of your money or else we'll beat the living daylight out of ya!" a small bully said while gripping the kimono collar of a small kid. "Well, well, what do we have here? Four idiots picking on a defensely kid? My, my, that doesn't look good for your group image...." a child Ryunosuke said from out of the darkness. "Shut the hell up kid! And how stupid are ya?! There's only three of us!" one of the bullies shouted. Ryunosuke gave a light and intimidating chuckle. "The fat one over there counts as two.... But enough about numbers.... You might want to let that kid go." Ryunosuke said calmly with the smirk on his face. The bullies were furious and without another word, charged at Ryunosuke who jsut stood there with the smirk still present. After a few seconds, the bullies were shown unconscious on the ground with Ryunosuke standing there without even a speck of dirt on him.

Ryunosuke then walked over to the crying kid. "There, there, no need to cry.... I've taken care of those bullies.... Go home.... Oh, wipe your tears...." Ryunosuke said as he crouched down and handed the kid a handkerchief. The kid stopped crying and stared at Ryunosuke as he calmly walked away without looking back.

[Present]

"Oops.... There my thoughts go again hehe.... So tell me Captain Hiraishin, do you know about the new enemies of the Soul Society? You might've heard of them.... You know, Depthicanians.... There is also a group of 8 Depthicanians that are said to be the strongest of the strongest. It was mentioned that they were the ones who killed the previous Gotei 13.... What do you make of this new threat?"

Sitting back down, Gero went back to Ryunosuke. "I think we should get rid of them immediatly, but it seems that nothing can happen until we are fully acquainted.." Ger said pointing at the New captains. "What I am most surprised is that all the former captains were killed, so how much of a threat can we be if those with more experience where stopped? Maybe it is fate that has decided that it was necessary for a change in the Gotei 13...." Looking back at his notes, he made more notes at a thought he just had. "They cant be as powerful as Aizen and the Arrancar were but I ask you, what do you think? Do we have a chance?" He turned to look at Ryunosuke, waiting to see his answer.

Ryunosuke's smirk widened, "Nope.... We stand no chance against them...." Ryunosuke answered quite calmly and happily. ".... But, I'm speaking of that right now.... We need to improve on our skills at combat and improve the combat skills of our subordinates as well.... These Depthicanians might just as well be stronger than Aizen and the Arrancars.... Afterall, they took over Hueco Mundo, kill all of the former captains, and even eliminated Ichigo Kurosaki.... Now they sound pretty dangerous to me, hehe.... But.... I have faith in our abilities don't you? We shouldn't be so negative about things.... Keep faith Captain Hiraishin.... Besides, I want to go up against one of the 8 to see just how powerful they are.... That would be fun wouldn't you think? My, my, sure has been quite awhile now.... The former Captain-Commander needs to hurry things up.... I need to stretch out my arms a little.... In any case.... Whatever happens, happens.... I'm not afraid to go up against one of them, are you?" Ryunosuke asked calmly as he stood up and stretched his arms a bit.

OOC: Apparently you misread my previous post. It wasn't the boulder that shattered, it was the rock that Daichi threw.

IC:
Daichi grabbed his zanpaktou and held in in his arms so that it wouldn't get in the way when he sat down. "Whatever." He walked to the group of captains and took a seat with the others. "You're actually worried about these Depthican people? We'll beat those guys. It won't be easy, but I don't plan on dying so soon after making captain rank." He leaned his Zanpaktou on his shoulder. "We just have to be prepared for anything and everything. But i guess that's gonna have to wait until this tournament, or whatever it is, finishes."

"It's true that they have done a lot of impressive feats. But then again, it's not to impressive to take over Huaco Mundo, without the Espada there aren't really that many hollow that can match a captain. And considering Ichigo lost his shinigami powers almost 200 years ago, I can't imagine him being nearly as strong a fighter as before." Ryusei commented before siting down as well. "And as for killing all of the captains..... Well, i got nothing on that."

Gero took note of Ryunosuke's answer and responded," I have faith......I feel that Ichigo isnt dead...infact.."Gero closed his eyes"....It wouldnt be Ichigo if he died on us." He shook his head." Ichigo will come back. But onto the Enemy at hand. I have no doubt I could take on one if it was alone. In fact whoever face me wouldn't stand a chance against me." He stood up next to Ryunosuke. " I agree with on the fact that this test of skills should get on the road, so to speak....Do you think that they want to just start on our own, Seeing if we can organise ourselves. After all, we are logical and smart Captains, Otherwise we wouldnt have been picked." Gero put his hands behind the back and focus his attention on the field agan. It seemed so empty, apart from the Captains. " Ryunosuke, let us make the most of our time as Captains."

Omushiba, within one heartbeat, stood up straight from the ground and had no signs of ever drinking any alcohol at all today. "A test of our skills with our fellow comrades eh?" Omushiba said and then walked over to Ryunosuke and standing next to him. "I see no problem with giving the crowd a taste of our powers, it'll be like a concert, just like the world of the living!" Omushiba said and then looked at the new head captain and then got in close to Ryunosuke so he could whisper to him. "I'd either want you or Hiroshin; you because you'll put up the best fight I've had in ages and Hiroshin so I can teach him a thing or two about expecting the unexpected." Omushiba said and then returned to his normal standing position. "By the by, I don't intend to use my bankai it's...well lets just say it's not to be used around those I don't think should die..." Omushiba said and gave the other captains a smirk.

~~~

"The world of the living isn't all it's cracked up to be. Selfish little people running around, never caring about life or death; there's no honor in under-thinking." Sykes said and then sighed at the thought of the living world in comparison to all the other worlds. "It's strange to think about it like this...but we could have all just as easily ended up as arrancar like them down their; or even as shinigami." Sykes than started thinking what it would have been like to be one of the two. "Heh, guess there's no point in over-thinking either heh?" He said and then gave a slight chuckle and smirk.

((Oops, guess I did misread :P))

Ryunosuke's smirk widened upon hearing what Daichi had said, "Hehe, now that's the spirit...." Ryunosuke said with a slight chuckle. Ryunosuke then turned to Arashi, "You're right for the most part Captain Arashi, but you must remember that none of the Espada stood a chance against the previous captains and they were killed rather easily, meaning the powers of the Depthicanians are extraordinary. Even if the Espada were there, I wouldn't think Hueco Mundo would stand much of a chance anyways. And Ichigo Kurosaki.... Well, who knows what happen with him ehh? But I agree with Daichi that it doesn't matter how strong they are.... we will eliminate all of them...." Ryunosuke said with his smirk widening.

Ryunosuke then turned to Gero. "Well Captain Hiraishin, I don't know what really happened to Ichigo Kurosaki, but.... If you have faith on him, then I'm pretty sure he's alive, but I never really know him personally.... I've only heard of him through stories people told me.... I think it's best if we deal with this problem ourselves.... And as for the battles.... I agree that we need to get this show on the road.... but it wouldn't be wise to make decisions without consent from the former or new Captain-Commander...."

Ryunosuke then looked at Omushiba with a wider smile. "Heh, I'm glad you feel that way Captain.... Hey, we might not be able to fight officially, but...." Ryunosuke then walked out from the group and turned around to face them again. "Who's up for a little friendly sparring?...." Ryunosuke said as he placed his right hand upon his zanpakuto.

-Meanwhile-

"Humph.... To be an Arrancar?.... A human?.... A shinigami?.... I guess if fate really want's us to live as those beings then fate would've made us into them.... However, that is not the case.... Are both of you ready to depart?...." Night asked calmly.

Gero walked over to Ryunosuke, " You said you wanted to spar with me sometime...how about now? It could kill the time waiting and it would be an honor to spar with you after the grand conservasion we just had." Reaching for the Zanpakuto's hilt, he unsheathed it. "So tell me how is this going to work?" With this being said, he put one hand behind is back, and blade in the left and waited for Ryunosuke.

"Ahh, we have contestant number two already, Captain Hiraishin.... Very good.... Although...." Ryunosuke paused for a moment as he gripped the handle of his zanpakuto with only his index finger and flinged his zanpakuto upwards into the air. Ryunosuke then caught his zanpakuto with his right hand, a relatively easy task considering his zanpakuto's sealed form was a wakizashi. Ryunosuke then proceeded to continuously spin his zanpakuto in a circle using only his index finger. "I was actually hoping for a little group game.... So I need more players before I can begin, but the game is pretty simple.... The first player to touch all of the other players at least three times each wins.... After you have touched one of the players, you must move back at least 20 feet and then you can attempt to touch them again, meaning you can't touch them all three times at once.... Relatively simple yes? Oh, and because we want to conserve energy for the real battles to come, we won't be able to use shikai, bankai, or kido. Also, you can't attack the players with your zanpakuto, rather you can gently tap the player.... So, how about it? Any other contestants wanting to join in?"

Resheathing his Zanpakuto, he shook his head. " I think it is a grand game." To be honest, this could turn out to be unfair to the other Captains but it wasnt his idea, so he cant complain. Gero looked at Ryunosuke and gave a chuckle. If anything, Ryunosuke was also good at this, r he wouldnt have started this game in the first place. Closing his eyes, he began hieghtening his hearing and letting his bare feet show, so that he could be more aware of the surrounding area. He would need his ears and feet to be his eyes. It painted a 360 degree image in his head, so that his eyes werent needed.

"I think I'll pass. Something like taping people with your sword sounds kind of dull. But if you guys want a fight, then I'll be right here." He pulled a pair of headphones over his ears and closed his eyes as he listed to the music play. Ryusei on the other hand opened up a book and began reading. "I'm not one for fighting unless the situation demands it. Sorry." When he finished the page he was reading he turned and began reading the next page. "Besides, the last think we need is the fourth squad tired from running around all day. It's my job to heal you, I can't do that if I'm tired. Unless you want me to accidentally cut off your arm or something like that."

((Final post for today))

"Well, you two don't seem to want to have any fun.... Oh, and Captain Arashi, I did state that no one would be using their zanpakuto to really attack.... This game, actually rather exercise, is to help highten your reaction speed and senses. As well as your maneuverability, but...." Ryunosuke then stopped his zanpakuto spin and held it tightly in his hand. "I guess we'll just have to do a quick match between only us too huh Captain Hiraishin?...." Ryunosuke's smirk widened as he noticed Gero preparing. "Oooh, interesting form there.... Well, if anybody changes their mind feel free to jump in...." Ryunosuke then took a step foward, but before his foot had reached the ground, Ryunosuke had disappeared. Ryunosuke then disappeared above the ground behind Gero, with his index finger calmly reaching towards Gero's shoulder.

Archived