The Anime-tion Club of YCM

Shadow Zero

[quote name='Shadow Zero' timestamp='1297794991' post='5010558']
Waitwaitwaitwaitwaitwait. Is Tales of Phantasia before or after Tales of the Abyss?
[/quote]
The mainline games in order go: Phantasia, Destiny, Eternia, Destiny 2, Symphonia, Rebirth, Legendia, the Abyss, Innocence, Vesperia, Hearts, Graces.

Aside from Destiny and Destiny 2 none of the games are immediately important to each other. Symphonia is viewed as a far distant prequel to Phantasia, and by far distant I mean like 4000 years, but other than that each is it's own thing.

Currently only Phantasia, Eternia, Symphonia, and Abyss have anime adaptations of the game. Vesperia has a movie that takes place before the events of the game.

Hope that helps.

• Replies 854
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Am I too late for the "Tales of" discussion?

I've played Symphonia, Legendia, and Vesperia. Haven't really beaten all of them. I would rent Symphonia (for the gamecube) at a nearby place but it was sadly stolen so I could never finish the game and finding it seems nearly impossible. I remember that I had just started disc 2 and I was back at Lloyd's village and he was injured. Legendia I had finished the main storyline and was on the subplot, "A Home For Chloe." I know I got the name wrong. I guess I got bored (know idea how that happened) and sold it. Vesperia I still have but I just haven't gotten around to playing it. Honestly, I'm kind of dissapointed in it. I liked the other two better.

Know what needs an anime?
Kingdom Hearts.
They can even do an adjacent Final Fantasy anime and cross over with it and FF7.
Hey, if they made anime on Marvel and DC heroes, why not video games .-.
The only downside behind that for me would be hearing Mickey, Donald and Goofy in Japanese, their English voices are irreplaceable.

It would ._.

But now I feel the need to tell you to add Tuxedo Gin to your list.

Teh plot is:

This boxer dude, Ginji (I think that was his name) likes this girl. A lot. But after they start to go out...Genji dies in an accident.

But this angel guy comes down and tells him that if he lives the lifespan of any animal, and dies a natural death by old age as that animal, he can be reborn again.

So naturally, he chose a penguin, because they're the favorite animal of the girl he likes. She sees him in the street, and adopts him as Gin-chan, her new pet.

It's all a hilarious, and sometimes serious, story about Ginji as a penguin trying to ward off any people that like the girl he likes, and learning how to be a penguin, and all that.

I loved it <3

It is, actually. I mean, especially once he finds out a natural life of a penguin is around 20 years.

He was like "; - ;"

because by then Minako (the girl he likes) would be in her 30s, and would definitely have gotten married or such already.

I think it's around 15-16 volumes.

Altho finding it online is hard @_@

I found an online site that has Tuxedo Gin all the way to chapter 9 tho XDD

• 3 months later...
NEGA BUMP!

Come on guys, this thing has been quit for three months and more, don't yo think that's long enough?! THIS THING MUST LIIIIIVE!!!

Also, on the topic of anime, Yugioh Zexal seems to be somewhat interesting at the moment. But you know what else is interesting at the moment? The Dungeon Fighter Anime.

Archived