DG's Nexus Circle (V1)

-DG-

[center]Well, I decided to redo my Nexus Circle. I made it alot better, but I figured I should release this.

RULES:

1. You must credit. At all times. No exceptions.
2. You may not derive works from this (Use it to make one)
3. You may NEVER claim as yours.
4. I don't require you to pay.
5. Don't ask for the raw version. I made it, I have the rights. I don't have to give you this.

[IMG]http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb186/slifer909/NexusFree.png[/IMG]

Please note, as I stated, this was my first. Some of this isn't correct, but it's as close as I could get at the time.

Enjoy :)[/center]

[quote name='.:Overdrive:.' timestamp='1291391937' post='4825838']
Finally, you released it =D. It's really great

Since Tutorials are in the Graphic Design section...
ID'd

[IMG]http://i52.tinypic.com/2yp0pw0.png[/IMG]
[/quote]

• 1 month later...
I have a question for you DG. I've known you for a long time now, about a year or more. This is incredible. What I don't get is, how do you make a tech circle from scratch? Do you draw it and printer scan it to recolor with gradients, do you just edit a standard tech circle to make a better tech circle, or are you just somehow so good with picture editing programs that you can simply use different tools in the toolbox to make something this awesome? I tried making a tech circle of my own, it ended up the worst I've ever seen.

For me, I look at a real one for reference. I use booster ads for size and location.

Usually, I "trace" the outline of things w/ the polygonal lasso tool (The way most do it), but it's not that simple. I've got 2 years of booster experience now, and I have learned effects that work for tech circles and how to duplicate effects for the most part. Making a raw circle can take 30min-1hr, but usually that's due to trial and error.

Not only have you learned the patterns and effects of tech circles, you also managed to make your own patterns to make it look, "Stylish." Nice tech circle DG. I don't know what the polygonnal lasso tool is or whatever, cuz I assume you use photoshop, while I use gimp. Is it just like a free select? That's what I use.

Archived