Yugioh: Fusion of Worlds: Rise of the Emperors [starting] [accepting in ooc thread]

Blackwing-Master

"You're tell me. Tomorrow's my first day teaching incase you forgot." He laughed a bit then got back on his d-wheel. "See you later then." he started moving but at a rather slow pase, not in much of a hurry to return to the stadium, seeing as he wasn't assigned a dorm. [i]I'll take care of thet in the morning I guess.[/i] he thought, shruging. [i]Now, that Alexander guy, he make me wonder. I sensed something, or rather my signer mark sensed something,[/i] He looked down to the dragon mark on his arm. [i]Either he's a signer, or one of our enemies.[/i] James sped up a little bit.

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[color=orange]Rayos chuckled, "The phrase Dragon Birthmark is a misnomer." He explained to Umbris, walking back to his room at the Ra Yellow dorm, "The Crimson Dragon rarely chooses someone to become a Signer from birth anymore because, well, the last guy that he picked went psychotic and blew up half of New Domino in the name of his spider god." He then perked up when Umbris mentioned the dream Duel, "What actually happened," Rayos explained, "Was that you and Alexander were caught in a temporal dilation field. Time sped up exponentially for you for the span of a fraction of a second, and afterward when time sped up, your memories jumped with it, blurring the events together." He shrugged, "Or it was a dream and you need to lay off the catnip, either way."[/color]

[font="Franklin Gothic Medium"]"Ah, right,"[/font] Umbris said upon hearing about the misnomer. [font="Franklin Gothic Medium"]"I should have realized. Guess that explains why he now has it actually showing through his fur... ...[/font]

[font="Franklin Gothic Medium"]"... temporal dilation field, you say?"[/font] Umbris asked. [font="Franklin Gothic Medium"]"Now how exactly could that have happened...? But now that you mention it, I guess that could explain why I had trouble communicating with Alex until he summoned me...."[/font] He then shot Rayos a peeved look. [font="Franklin Gothic Medium"]"And yes, I'm certain that the duel actually happened, and was not catnip-induced. Really, Mr. Rayos, must you crack jokes at my expense? How do you know about temporal dilation fields to begin with?"[/font] He sighed, then continued, [font="Franklin Gothic Medium"]"Anyways, to one of my previous questions: Why do you think Alexander was chosen to be a Signer now?"[/font]

[color=orange]"Because he's needed." Rayos told the Neo-Spacian, "The Crimson Dragon is a literal God that's been around for thousands if not millions of years. You've probably heard of him as Quetzalcoatl, in fact." The immortal stopped outside his door and turned around, "You don't stick around for that long without picking up some insight into who and what you need and when you need them. The Crimson Dragon needed another Signer and Alexander was that Signer. So he Marked him. Simple as that." And with that, the assistant head of Ra Yellow unlocked his door, slipped into his room, and locked it behind him again.[/color]

((Insert skip to the next morning here FINALLY))

Aki awoke to someone nibbling on her ear, and squealed a bit, recoiling, until she saw who it was, and laughed, hugging her companion. [color=#FF1493]"Good morning, beautiful. How was your night?"[/color] Aki asked, quoting an old country song.

Sola opened her eyes to find herself resting on a cluttered desk, the Professor sleeping peacefully next to her. She smiled sweetly, and went off to do...whatever she normally did.

Teslarc was sleeping on the windowsill of Servant's room, undetected by anyone.

Alexander awoke a few minutes after eight to a sudden pain in his head that left just as fast as it came. The afterimages of last night's dream still in his head, Alex laid in bed for a few moments, looking up at the cracks in his ceiling ([i]"I'll have to patch that up later,"[/i] he thought to himself) before raising his right arm upwards, showing the new mark on his lower arm.

"... why me...?" he thought to himself aloud. As confused as he was to the whole situation, Alexander knew that he was now in the same boat as James, Rayos and Drake. He was now a Signer, but he knew not what he had to do.

Feeling mostly awake after a few minutes, Alexander got up and did his morning routine; start the coffee, take a quick shower, get mostly dressed, drink coffee, have a small breakfast, look over his lesson plans once more, finish getting dressed, blah, blah, blah....

[i][font="Franklin Gothic Medium"]"Good morning, Alex,"[/font][/i] Umbris said inside of Alex's head. [i][font="Franklin Gothic Medium"]"Did you sleep well?"[/font][/i]

"Not as well as I would hope," Alex admitted, realizing that he had put on his jacket the wrong way. "But I suppose it was well enough." As he took off his inside-out jacket to fix it, a thought occurred to him. "... wait... I don't remember getting into bed last night."

[i][font="Franklin Gothic Medium"]"Oh, that was me,"[/font][/i] Umbris replied. [i][font="Franklin Gothic Medium"]"You had passed out last night, so I, uh...." [/font][/i] The Neo-Spacian trailed off as Alex raised an eyebrow in confusion. [i][font="Franklin Gothic Medium"]"... what's the best way to say this without creeping you out?"[/font][/i]

"Did you possess my body last night?" Alexander asked bluntly. Umbris gave an embarrassed chuckle.

[i][font="Franklin Gothic Medium"]"... yeah. Yes, I did,"[/font][/i] Umbris admitted, [i][font="Franklin Gothic Medium"]"but if I hadn't, you would have been stuck outside in the rain, and--"[/font][/i]

"Say no more," Alex said understandingly. "You did what you had to, so I've no problem with that."

[i][font="Franklin Gothic Medium"]"Right, heh-heh,"[/font][/i] Umbris chuckled.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Luisa awoke a few minutes after eight, momentarily startled to see that it was not her own bed that she had been sleeping in, but calmed down upon remembering why she was there in the first place. She looked over to her right to see Mark sitting in a chair next to the bed she was in, sound asleep. "Mark?" she said quietly, her voice cracked from sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Nat was awake five minutes before seven, and had already gotten himself ready by eight, even though classes wouldn't be starting until later.

[b][i]"Good morrow, Nathaniel,"[/i][/b] greeted Verde, the Naturia Beast. [b][i]"How was your slumber?"[/i][/b]

"Bizarre," Nat said semi-bluntly as he took a bite of wheat toast, "and that's all I'm saying about it."

[b][i]"Really?"[/i][/b] Verde replied. [b][i]"Not enough about what made it bizarre?"[/i][/b]

"... I get the feeling you're not going to stop until I tell you," Nat relented, "so... ... I could have sworn that Luisa was in my dream last night. And by "in", I mean "invaded"."

[b][i]"How so?"[/i][/b]

"She thought that it was [i]her[/i] dream," Nat continued. "As if we could both have the same dream."

[b][i]"Did she say anything else?"[/i][/b] asked Verde.

"No. She just... wondered off and vanished. Didn't think anything else of it." Finishing his toast, Nat put on his two-toned jacket--blue on the left side, green on the right--and grabbed his backpack before heading out for a quick walk around the dorms.

David woke up in his spacious new room in Obelisk Blue, and wondered where he was for a moment before realising that he was in the duel academy and that there was some pretty wierd stuff going on. 5 minutes later you could find him outside at the beach running out to start surfing some of the waves. As he did he thought over the events of last night, trying to make sense of it all. Last night after Mark sent him away he wandered over to Obelisk Blue and managed to find his room. From there he dried off properly and started to think of how the things he'd seen had happened. Returning to the present he started to surf his way back into the shore to get ready for the first day of classes.

[color=red]Drake woke up and rolled out of bed, his body sore from the cuts and bruises he sustained the previous night. The Signer growled a curse and dragged himself to the bathroom to redress his wounds and get cleaned up before class. He was glad that this was the first day of class and thus would be spent designing the Duel Runners and taking care of all the legal wavers.[/color]

[color=orange]Rayos, meanwhile, hasn't slept since the end of the Dark Signer revival and instead worked on his lesson plan again, retooled his Deck, and skimmed through Aki's dreams.[/color]

[color=green]"P... perfect..." Elisa said, holding Aki close, "You make for an a... amazing pillow."[/color]

[color=blue]Mark stirred almost instantly when Luisa spoke, having apparently not been asleep for too long based on how alert he already was, "Good morning." He said, his hair hiding his eyes until he slipped his sunglasses back on, his gloves having stayed on all night apparently.[/color]

Servant woke up. He sighed. For a while now, he would have to lay low. [i][color=darkred]What a pain. . .[/color][/i] He thought to himself. He got up from his bed and looked at his Duel Disk. [color=red]"First day at the academy."[/color] He said to himself in his innocent, normal-sounding voice. He then noticed the one known as Teslarc sleeping on his windowsill. How did she get there. . . .? Oh well. In ten minutes he was ready, at which time Teslarc was gone. It was still an hour before nine o'clock, but there was nothing much else to do. He walked out of his room and looked about.

"Didn't get much sleep, huh?" Luisa asked Mark as she straightened out her hair. "Me, I had the weirdest dream that I was... in Nat's dream, for some reason." Luisa didn't mention anything about seeing Wulf, nor about... another part of her dream.

"Anyways, I wonder what Wildheart's up to?" she said as she looked out the window.

Outside the boat, Luisa could see Wildheart sitting on the dock, facing away from the boat, holding an umbrella over his head which had only managed to keep his head dry (it was a small umbrella compared to his size). The rest of his body, as well as a good length of his ponytail, was drenched.

"What is he doing out there?" Luisa blurted out as she scurried up the ladder to the trap door. "I hope he wasn't out there all night!"

James was on his way back to the Slifer dorm, wondering if he could get answers about Alexander. [b]"James,"[/b] Gale said, sitting on James' shoulder. [b]"Do you really think he's against us?[/b] James didn't look at Gale. "No, not really. I just want to find out why my mark reacted, since it's only does so when a Signer Dragon is summoned, a Signer is in a duel, in rare occasions, when a signer is "created," or around the enemy. I just want to sort this out now." James, noticing he was almost at the Slifer dorm, slowed down infront of the building.

Jasmine was still asleep. A voice echoed in her head she had not heard since coming to the island. [color="#9932CC"] "Jasmine... Jasmine, wake up."[/color] Jasmine's eye lids started to open as she saw a slightly transparent, bird-woman-like figure with aqua hair and a blue sleeveless shirt. "Harpie Queen? Is that you?" she said, still half alseep. [color="#9932CC"]"Yes, it is. You need to wake up. classes are in about an hour."[/color] Jasmine jumped out of bed and grabbed her Obelisk uniform, changed, then ran out the door, ingnoring Harpie Queen the entire time.

After fixing his jacket and re-braiding his goatee, Alexander grabbed his hoverboard from his closet, and his Duel Disk from the top of his dresser, and headed out the door. From the walkway, he could see someone approach the Slifer Dorm on his Duel Runner.

"Hey, isn't that Drake's buddy?" Alex mused to himself as he walked down the steps.

[i][font="Franklin Gothic Medium"]"Indeed it is,"[/font][/i] Umbris said from within Alex's head. [i][font="Franklin Gothic Medium"]"His name's James, and... well, I had to impersonate you when he introduced himself last night. Just act natural."[/font][/i]

Once he reached the bottom, he placed his hoverboard down and got on it, activating it. After hovering in place for three seconds, Alex then directed his board to move toward James.

"Hey, I remember you from last night!" Alex called out as soon as he was close enough. "James, right?"

James stopped his d-wheel, suprised that the hairy man was riding a hover board. "Yep, that's me." Gale disappeared as they aproached him. " I've got a question. Last night when I saw you after Drake won his duel, right before we shook hands, I sense something. So the question is," James pulled up his sleave, revealing a red dragon head. "Does this look somewhat familliar?" The mark on his arm blazed up as he talked.

Jack had woken up and gotten ready for his first class. He looked at the PDA he recieved when he was accepted into the school and clicked the class app, which displayed his scuedule for the day. "Don't remember signing up for this class." he said, looking at the last class of the day. "Oh well, I'll deal with it today then get my scedule changed for tomorrow.

When James revealed his Mark to Alexander and asked if the lombax had one as well, Alexander's own Mark began to warm up as it shone through his right jacket sleeve. "You're a Signer, too?" he asked as he removed his right arm from his jacket sleeve, revealing the Claw Mark which was a different shade of red than the red stripes on his fur. Despite it beginning to hurt him, Alex shrugged off the pain. "So, you're the same as Rayos and Drake then."

As he spoke, the Extra Deck compartment of his Duel Disk also emitted a red glow. Alex took out his Extra Deck to inspect it, and as he looked through his number of Synchro Monsters, one particular card caught his eye. It was of a horned dragon, colored black and crimson. He stared at this card for a moment, trying to remember how he could have possibly acquired it in the first place, but then began to grow frightened of it, as he remembered the "vision" that he had the night before. His eyes widening in horror as his breathing hastened. In his exasperation, he dropped his Extra Deck, its contents spreading out on the ground.

It took him a while to calm down before realizing what had happened, then got off his hover board to pick up his dropped Synchro Monsters. "I'm really sorry about that," Alexander said apologetically to James. "I dunno what got into me."

"I am not just a Signer. You are talking to the head Signer." James looked down at the dropped cards, noticing among them Red Dragon Archfiend. "So you're Red Dragon Archfiends Signer. And you don't have to apologize. Thing happen. Well, we better be getting ready for our moring classes. I'll be seeing you around." And without giving Alexander a chance to reply, James sped off.

Jasmine had walked into her first classroom, not seeing any students. "Hello? Anyone there?" After waiting a few seconds, and getting no reply, she sighed and started to walk out of the room.

Where she bumped into Servant, who just happened to be heading there. One of Servant's contact lens fell off, but he got it and put it back in before she noticed, or so he thought. [color=darkred]"Loo-[/color][color=red], er, look where you're going."[/color] He said. [color=red]"Seriously!"[/color] He looked behind the girl who had bumped into him. [color=red]"There's no one there? Oh well. I might as well wait."[/color] He then walked into the classroom, only to realize that he didn't know where to sit. [color=red]"I always forget these kind of things. Where am I supposed to sit again? Or can I sit anywhere? Silly people don't explain these things at all."[/color]

When Alex looked up from the ground seconds later, James had already sped off on his D-Wheel. Straightening out his Extra Deck--being extra sure to place his Signer Dragon on the bottom--Alex placed it back into the Extra Deck compartment of his Duel Disk, hopped onto his hover board, and sped off to the academy.
[i][font="Franklin Gothic Medium"]
"You alright, Alex?"[/font][/i] asked Umbris.

"... I'm not completely sure," said Alexander.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Wildheart!" Luisa yelped out as she exited the boat and hopped onto the dock. "What are you doing out here?"

"Out here?" the Elemental Hero repeated. "I decided to come out here just in case that Fenrir guy showed up again." Although that statement itself was true, it was not the real reason why he was outside; he had left the boat to avoid accidentally causing a fight between him and Mark two Duel Spirits. Of course, he didn't feel comfortable telling Luisa that, but he felt guilty for not telling the whole story nonetheless.

"And you stayed out the rest of the night? You could have gotten sick!" Luisa then paused to consider what she had said. "... wait... can you get sick?"

"Not like humans can, no," Wildheart replied. "Unless we get hit with an Ekibyo Drakmord or Crush Card Virus, among other things, we really have no fear of getting sick."

"Oh," said Luisa.

Wildheart nodded, then turned to Mark who was standing on the boat with Dewloren and Moon Star. "Hey, Mark. I have some business to take care of in the Spirit World. Could I trust you to walk Luisa to school for me?"

"Huh? What for?" Luisa asked, confused.

"I'll tell you when I get back," Wildheart said.

James, who was just riding around the island to kill time, started thinking about Alex again. [i]Now that we know he's on our side, now we need to know if he's ready to fight when it comes to it.[/i] When he reached the front of the school, he stopped. "I guess I'll have to test him myself." He said beforw hopping off his d-wheel, connecting his duel disk to his arm, and walking into the building.

Jasmine, who was shocked by the person she ran into, turned to the boy. "Sorry about that. Um, I think you can sit where you want." She said nothing else before walking out the door. [i]SOmethign seems odd about him...[/i]

Aki smiled, enjoying every second of her time with her new friend. She hoped Rayos might be willing to accept a menage a trois, or else things would be very complicated. Most likely, he already knew, and was alright with it. [color=#FF1493]"Mine was wonderful, with you by my side."[/color] Sure, quoting a song was corny, but Aki thought it was cute. [color=#FF1493]"Anyways, do you want to get ready for class now, or would you like to keep lying here with me?"[/color]

[color=blue]"Of course." Mark said, giving Wildheart a confidant smile and offering him his hand, "We shouldn't run into too much trouble, werewolves do only come out at night, after all, so that crazy bastard's probably back to normal now... Or as normal as a man that believes he's a werewolf can get at least."[/color]

[color=green]"I don't care either way." Elisa said, "Though w... we should probably get ready soon... M... maybe ten more minutes?" The brunette suggested, snuggling closer to her new roommate/mentor/possible girlfriend.[/color]

"I'd just feel guilty if I leave Luisa alone," Wildheart said, returning Mark's smile. "Normally I'd walk with her. Or float, whichever is more correct," he added, referring to how he was just a Spirit before, as opposed to the solid being he is currently. "I just need to become intangible now so I can transport to the Spirit World."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Alex eventually reached the front of the academy, noticing that James' D-Wheel was parked at the base of the stairs. He then looked up toward the upper levels of the school, remembering how massive it seemed to him when he first came to teach at the Academy. He gave off a sigh.

[font="Franklin Gothic Medium"][i]"Nervous?"[/i][/font] asked the Neo-Spacian to the lombax.

"First day of school again," replied Alexander. "Of course I'm nervous."

[i][font="Franklin Gothic Medium"]"And I thought it would be the new students who would be nervous."[/font][/i]

"Hey, teachers can get nervous, too," said Alex, a little chuckle escaping his lips as they formed a small smile. He hopped off his hoverboard, collapsing it so he could carry it with him on his back.

"Good morning, professor," said a voice from behind Alex. The lombax turned around to find Nat approaching him.

"Ah, good morning to you, too, Nathaniel," Alexander replied. "You're actually here early. Classes don't start until 9:00."

"I'm aware of that," Nat said. "I just like coming in early; gives me time to enjoy the halls while they're not as congested with students."

"A simple pleasure, I see," Alex said. "Alright, then. You and Verde can head in. I'll see you later."

"Very well, professor. Have a nice day," Nat said politely as he went inside. Meanwhile, Alex remained outside to look at the outside of the Academy building.

[color=blue]Mark nodded and pulled out his copy of Wildheart's card, severing the mental link between the two of them with a concentrated effort of will, returning Wildheart to his intangible form, "She won't be alone." He assured Wildheart, "My brother and a couple old friends of mine are teachers here, they won't let anything happen to her, assuming whatever activated the Signer Marks is dumb enough to attack in broad daylight. Besides that, I'll be at my card shop all day, so if anything does happen I won't be far away."[/color]

[color=crimson]A man with long, waist length red hair and a Ra Yellow uniform walked up alongside Alexander, "Ah, Mr.... Alexander, right?" The teacher asked, "I'm sorry, I'm terrible with names." He offered the Lombax his hand, "We met at staff orientation. I'm Singlus, in case you forgot. I teach Duel Disk Maintenance and Customization... or at least I'm supposed to be teaching that soon, my room kinda got double booked by a Ms...." He checked the touch screen computer in his hand, "Ah, Ms. Sola Secuti. She was accidentally given my room, or I was accidentally given her room, I'm not sure." He chuckled, "Anyway, I'm rambling, sorry."[/color]

Aki snuggled back and kissed Elisa on the forehead. [color=#FF1493]"Of course, my love."[/color]

As if on cue, Sola walked in carrying several things. [color=#FF2400]"Oh...umm...I'm terribly sorry! It appears I'm in the wrong room!"[/color] She briefly checked the room number. [color=#FF2400]"Hmm...that's odd...it appears we're in the same room at the same time...must have been a clerical error or something."[/color] She suddenly got an idea. [color=#FF2400]"Well, I have an interesting idea on how we could solve this dilemma! We could duel for the time slot! The winner gets the immediate slot, and the loser has to have their class during the free period afterwards! Or I could just have my class across the hall. Your choice."[/color]

"Ah, it's no problem, Singlus," Alex said, shaking the Ra professors hand. "Name's Alexander Abernathy, by the way." Just then, another professor, a female, came in with a large clutter in her hands. "Oh, and good morning Ms... Sola Secuti, is it? Pleasure to meet you.

"Personally," he said in response to Sola's suggestion, "I think you two can still teach during the same time slot. Indeed, Sola, you can simply teach in the room across the hall. Just be sure to sort this mess out with booking later on."

[i][font="Franklin Gothic Medium"]"Or we could just let them duel for the spot,"[/font][/i] Umbris said from inside Alex's head. [i][font="Franklin Gothic Medium"]"A little healthy competition wouldn't hurt."[/font][/i]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The instant Mark severed his connection with Wildheart, the Elemental Hero felt himself getting lighter as he returned to being intangible and see-through.

"You be careful, okay Wildheart?" Luisa said to her partner.

With a slight chuckle, Wildheart replied, "You don't have to worry about me. Things'll be fine, I promise. I'll try to get back during free period, okay?"

"Alright," Luisa said with an acknowledging nod. With that, Wildheart faded away as he teleported to the Spirit world.

[color=crimson]Mr. Singlus, always up for a morning Duel, passed Alexander the cup he was holding, which, by the smell and weight of it, contained roughly half of a large double caff white chocolate mocha latte, "Here, hold this, would ya?" He said, pulling out his Duel Disk, a rather plain version for a teacher whose class focused on customization, "How about this, we still have twenty minutes to class time, whoever wins gets our scheduled room, whoever loses goes across the hall." The redhead in dire need of a haircut suggested, slamming his fist into his palm, triggering his Duel Disk's Duel Mode by means of five concealed pressure plates, one around each of the fingers on his right hand sans thumb and another on his left palm, "So, who's going first?"[/color]

[color=blue]"So, shall we head off to class? Or do you want to go to your dorm and shower first?" He asked, looking at the clock on his Duel Disk, "Classes don't start for another forty-five minutes, so you have time."[/color]

Archived