Yugioh: Fusion of Worlds: Rise of the Emperors [starting] [accepting in ooc thread]

Blackwing-Master

[i]This... smells good[/i], Alex thought as he sniffed at the cup given to him by Singlus. [i]I'm almost tempted to have a sip....[/i]

[font="Franklin Gothic Medium"][i]"Don't do it,"[/i][/font] Umbris said in a chastising tone.

"I know, I know," Alex said. "I'll just remember to get my own next time."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"No, that's fine, Mark," Luisa said to the Moon King as they headed for the Academy. "I normally shower at night, anyway." As she spoke, she was contemplating on whether she should tell Mark about the rest of her dream.

Ultimately, she relented. "Mark, I'm sorry, but I wasn't entirely honest earlier, about my dream. I saw Wulf in my dream last night, and he told me about Fenrir, only that's not the guy's real name, it's really something like... Wolfgang or... Wolfram! Yeah, Wolfram's his real name. And Wulf asked me to find some way to save him, but I don't know what he exactly meant by that, and...." She gave a hollow, embarrassed chuckle. "Sorry, I guess I rambled on a bit there, huh?"

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sola grabbed her Duel Disk and shuffled her deck before placing it into the deck slot. [color=#FF2400]"Alright. I will accept those terms on one condition: the winner gets to choose a humiliating outfit for the loser to wear during their class!"[/color] She was ready to duel, but when he asked who would go first, she couldn't think of anything. [color=#FF2400]"Umm...uhh...coin flip?"[/color]

Aki gently stroked Elisa's hair as they continued to lie in Aki's bed. [color=#FF1493]"What would you like for breakfast? I can have it brought up here for us."[/color]

[color=blue]"Not at all." Mark said, smiling, "You probably helped me out a lot, actually. Wolfram was obviously either a student or teacher here, which means they'll have him on record. That's more than we had yesterday." He told Luisa.[/color]

[color=crimson]Singlus shrugged, "Or you could go first." He told Sola, "It's only polite to let the lady have the first move, after all." He rationalized, drawing five cards from his Deck.[/color]

[color=green]"I'm actually not hungry." Elisa told Aki, "Besides, if we e... eat breakfast, that just means I have get o... off you sooner." The WIND Duelist said, blushing slightly, "I... I don't want to have to get up."[/color]

"You're right," Luisa said, happy that her blabbering was actually helpful. "Anyways, I guess we can try looking for him in the archives later today. Hopefully, what we find can shed some more light on who Fenrir--I mean, Wolfram really is." She chuckled half-creepily at a thought that occured to her just then. "You know, this is just like those stories of the abandoned dorm that I once heard about."

Even after this, Luisa still had one piece of her dream withheld from Mark, something that... terrified her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Alex strode over to the base of the steps and sat down on the bottom step, setting the cup down next to him. He was looking forward to seeing an interesting duel. Meanwhile, Nat was standing in the open doorway of the Academy, viewing the impending duel with intrigue.

After walking up the stairs, James found his room. He noticed that over the door was a sign that said "Advance Synchro Summoning." There was also a spot where a name tag once was. James pulled out a key and stuck it into the lock, turned the key, and unlocked the room. The room itself was bare except for the twelve desks that remained and his desk. [i]Small class?[/i] he thought. At the front of the room was a chalk board with an addition problem on it, each number in different colored chalk. [i][color="#FF8C00"]5[/color]+[color=gold]3[/color]=[color=white]8[/color][/i] He then looked around the room for a clock, but with little suprise, there was not one in the room. [i]When the old teacher left, he took everything.[/i]He then pulled out his PDA which said it was 8:15. "Plenty of free time until classes start."

[color=blue]"There's an Abandoned Dorm?" Mark asked Luisa, looking quizzically at her, "I've never heard of that. Granted I've been..." He coughed, "Indisposed for the past four or five years." He sighed and then perked up, "So, want to get some breakfast before class?" He asked her, "You should at least eat something before your first day of classes, especially given the night you had."[/color]

[color=orange]Rayos, who just happened to be walking past James' room after he walked in peeked his head inside, "Your schedule get messed up too?" He asked, holding up his schedule, which showed every class of his bumped back an hour, "Who the Hell runs this place that they messed up our class schedules?" He sighed as Elemental Knight appeared beside him, "Dad, knock it off and go... I don't know, be useful. For once."[/color]

James chuckled as he looked back to see his old friend. "No, my schedule was not messed up. I just thought I'd get an early start and check out the classroom." He looked around the room. "Not at all what I excpected. So whats new with you? Haven't seen you in quite a long time."

Jack had walked to the school. He noticed two people, most likely teachers, readying themselves to duel. As much as he wanted to watch, he decided against it and walked into the building. [i]It's amazing that I went from living in a dump and stealing pizza from a local restaurant to survive, to learning at Duel Academy. Guess good things do happen if you wait long enough.[/i] He looked at his PDA, noticing his homeroom was the Advance Synchro Summoning room. He walked towards the room.

[color=orange]"Not a lot, really." Rayos said, "My dad's still pissing me off, Aki and I moved in with Drake, and my Signer Dragon transformed." The immortal Signer said, holding up Dark End Dragon and chuckling, "Hers transformed into Light End too, so I guess the Crimson Dragon's trying to tell us something." He chuckled and rubbed his new flesh arm, "Ya know, I've had two legitimate arms for over two years, and I still can't get used to it." He told James, "Makes me feel a little bit like this blonde guy I once saw on a TV show."[/color]

((Note: I did not base Rayos off Edward Elric))

Sola understood. [color=#FF2400]"Alright, I'll start us off!"[/color] She drew 5 cards, then a sixth.
[color=#FF2400]"I will first Normal Summon Neo the Mystic Paladin LV4!"[/color]

Neo the Mystic Paladin LV4
LIGHT/Spellcaster/4/1700/1000
This monster also counts as a Warrior-Type monster. During the End Phase of a turn that this card destroyed a monster by battle, by sending this card to the Graveyard, Special Summon 1 "Neo the Mystic Paladin LV6" from your hand or Deck.

An blonde warrior with icy-blue eyes, strange armor with arcane runes, a blue cape, brown gloves, and a silver sword appeared. (1700 ATK)
[color=#FF2400]"Next, I activate Trade-In, sending my Arturtillery LV8 to the Graveyard to draw 2 cards!"[/color]
She drew 2 cards after sending a card depicting a heavily armored turtle on it to her Graveyard.
[color=#FF2400]"I set 3 face-down cards, then I end my turn!"[/color]

Sola: 4000 LP
Hand: 2
Monsters: Neo LV4 (1700 ATK)
Spells/Traps: 3 FD
Graveyard: Trade-In, Arturtillery LV8

Aki smiled and stroked Elisa's back. [color=#FF1493]"I understand, my sweet. Besides, I don't want to get up yet either."[/color]

[color=crimson]Mr. Singlus drew his card and thought about his hand for a brief moment, "I Summon Y-Dragon Head in Defense position and set two cards face-down." He decided as a red metal dragon appeared in front of him, separated from the Ra Yellow teacher by two holographic cards, "That's all for this turn." He announced, sauntering over to Alexander and picking up his morning mocha, taking a sip and sighing, "OK, we've got about five minutes to end this Duel or you owe me half a large double caff white chocolate mocha latte." He told Sola, "And a scone." He added after a moment.[/color]

[color=green]Elisa let out a sound vaguely resembling a purr and kissed Aki's neck, "H... how am I this lucky?"[/color]

James laughed a bit. "Yeah, but the duel disk your gauntlet use to make was pretty cool, you have to admit." James chuckled, then looked at the Dragon card in Rayos's hand. "It seems either every Signer gets a change in dragon, or we get a new Signer. Just seems like the trend continues." James, pulling out his Stardust Dragon. "From the event last night, I'm sure you know I still have Stardust Dragon." Smiling a bit, he thought to himself, [i]And I wouldn't have it any other way.[/i]

"Um...," Luisa said as she considered Mark's offer. "You know what? Why not. If I don't, I'm gonna be famished by lunchtime," she added, laughing a bit at her own exaggeration.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[i][font="Franklin Gothic Medium"]"So, a Lv Deck versus, from what I can tell at a glance, a V-to-Z Deck,"[/font][/i] Umbris said to Alex as he analyzed the current field. [i][font="Franklin Gothic Medium"]"This'll be interesting; I haven't seen those types of decks used in years."[/font][/i]

"Really?" Alexander said to his "spiritual roommate". "Now that you mention it, and now that I think about it... aren't there other Beta cards?"

[i][font="Franklin Gothic Medium"]"Beg your pardon?"[/font][/i]

"When you sealed away the memories of Ratchet, Marcus and Bayonetta," Alex began, "where exactly did you put them?"

A look of shock flashed across Umbris' face at realizing that Alex was catching on. "So, you've figured it out, huh?"

Alex nodded, a slight smirk on his face. "You sealed their memories into cards, didn't you? And, to be honest," added the lombax, "I had a hunch, especially when you mentioned sealing my memories as well."

[font="Franklin Gothic Medium"][i]"Well, then,"[/i][/font] Umbris admitted, [font="Franklin Gothic Medium"][i]"you're technically right; the Beta cards are the memories of those that you and I had encountered during our last venture. Thing is, as of now, there are only three, they being Ratchet, Marcus and Bayonetta. I[/i] could [i]form the other memories as cards... but it will take a while to "create" them all."[/i][/font]

"Well, maybe not all of them," Alex said, but then thought about a bit. "To be honest, the thought of literally playing with people's memories is a little... bizarre."

"Memories, Duel Spirits... it's really all the same to me," Umbris replied.

[color=orange]"Yeah, I heard about that." Rayos said, "I also heard about Drake's Dragon finally coming back, which is kinda why I wanna talk to you before people start showing up for class." He sighed, "I don't want to risk losing Aki again." He told James after a moment, "Between our rebirths, I was always wondering if this was it. If I'd lost the love of my life. I can't do that. You can trust me to back you up and I'll always fight by your side, but I think you should start relying more on Drake. I get that you probably don't agree with his morals or near total lack thereof, but I can't take on these threats and devote my full attention to each Duel if I know that if I were to die, I would leave Aki heartbroken or clinging to false hope that I'd come back again." He rolled up the sleeve of his right arm, revealing the scarring hiding his Tail Mark, "You and I are the only people that know how I got my body back, and I want to keep it that way for as long as possible."[/color]

[color=blue]"Oh, yeah, I'll bet." Mark said jokingly as they walked passed Alexander, Mr. Singlus, and Ms. Secuti, "That redheaded guy looks familiar..." He muttered to Luisa, low enough so Sola and Mr. Singlus couldn't hear.[/color]

James looked at Rayos, a bit shocked by his decision. "But..." James turned away for a second, and closed his eyes, thinking about what Rayos had just said. he turned back around and reopened his eyes. "I respect your decision, but remeber that our enemy still sees you as a Signer. They may still target you. Are you willing to take that risk?" James, looking more serious then he had in awhile, said.

Jack, who was in the same hallway as his homeroom, heard people talking from the room ahead. He passed it noticing a familliar face, but he couldn't remeber his name. He also looked at the plate for the room reading "Advance Synchro Summoning." [i]That's my homeroom, but I'll wait to enter until they're done talking.[/i] He then passed the room, still hearing some talking.

[color=orange]"I have to think about my dorm too." Rayos replied, "Near as I can tell from the introductory dinner yesterday, Ra Yellow doesn't have any Signers in it. If whoever's targeting us this time comes after them, they won't be able to stand against it. Slifer has Alexander and the Blue Head Signer, whereas Obelisk has Jasmine and Aki." He shrugged, "Even if I were strong enough to fight alongside you this time, I can't do that knowing my students will be left unguarded." He pulled a secondary deck box from the inside of his jacket and tossed it to James, "Besides," He said as the Head Signer opened the box and pulled out Flame Wingman, who had a large black slash across it that didn't seem to sit right with either of the three Signers in the vicinity of the room, "I can't use my old Deck after what happened and I'm wary about placing my full faith in something that my father came up with. If I hesitate for a second when it counts, I could doom the entire school. If I don't restrain myself, I could lose myself again. I can't do that, not yet." He sighed, "Besides, Drake's a much better Duelist than I am. It's him you want with you when the time comes. He's fought with us for years now, even without a Mark or Dragon of his own. Now that the Crimson Dragon's backing him, he's got more than enough power to replace me."[/color]

"Good morning, Mr. Abernathy," Luisa said cheerily as she and Mark passed the lombax on the steps.

When they passed by Singlus and Sola, Mark said to Luisa, in a low voice, [color="#0000FF"]"That redheaded guy looks familiar..."[/color]

"Does he? Think you know him?" Luisa asked Mark, also keeping her voice low. "He's a new teacher in Ra Yellow. His name is Singlus. Actually, that's his last name, I think; he hasn't brought up his first name yet."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Out of the alley of [url="http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Skyscraper"]the old part of the city[/url], Wildheart emerged in the [url="http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Skyscraper_2_-_Hero_City"]futuristic part of Skyscraper City[/url]. Near the center was Hero Tower, the home base of the Elemental Heroes, as well as the meeting ground of the Destiny, Masked and Vision Heroes.

Wildheart gazed upon the tower for a few moments, somewhat glad to be home, before proceeding to walk towards it. "I really hope this works," he said under his breath.

[color=blue]"No, I've never seen him before in my life, but he still looks familiar." Mark told her, still keeping his voice low, "Like, when you're looking at a photo of somebody but that picture's from way before you met." He nodded, "That's it. I've seen him before when he was younger... But where..." He asked rhetorically, trying to get his mind to remember where he's seen the Ra Yellow teacher with the crimson hair.[/color]

[color=orange]"You're early." Masked Hero Fountain told Wildheart, nodding, "Trinity's Materials actually had a pool going between them over whether you'd actually show up or not." He said, offering his compatriot his hand, "It's times like these that make me kinda ashamed that they actually have slightly more seniority than I do."[/color]

((Fountain's only Orange because Rayos uses Masked Heroes, there's no deep symbolism here.))

"Rayos... I understand, I accept that you don't want to be part of the danger that comes with being a Signer, but our enemy won't. All I'm saying is you don't have to be by my side, but watch your back still." He walked over to Rayos, handing the deck box back to him. "Besides, no one could replace you. You've been with this generation of Signers since the begining. Through thick and thin, you stuck with us. Well, mostly me, but you get this idea." James turned back to his desk.

[color=orange]"Think about it, James." Rayos told him, slipping his Deck box into his inside jacket pocket, "Whoever we're fighting only knows of one Signer: Drake. Depending on if they've done their homework or not, they could know about you and me. But what about Alexander, Aki, and the Sixth Signer, not to mention the Blues? There's no way they could know about them, which means they're going to be targeting everyone. We can't leave the students in Ra Yellow undefended. That's fully half of the student body and I'm the only one that can protect them. Besides, you have to start thinking more tactically than emotionally." He said, "I haven't defeated Drake in a Duel in my life, or my last life, for that matter. He's the one that you need backing you up, not me."[/color]

"Why wouldn't I be here?" Wildheart said with a slight, hollow chuckle as he shook Fountain's hand. "Those three honestly thought I would chicken out? And to think that Trinity has more sense than the three of them combined... er, so to speak."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As Mark tried to remember where he had seen the red-head from before, Luisa heard a clamor from the cafeteria. "Wonder what's going on in there?" she said loud enough for Mark to hear. Grabbing Mark's arm, she dragged him into the cafeteria, toward the lunchline where the kitchen (and the commotion) was. Looking into the kitchen, she could see the cafeteria workers jabbering amongst themselves, complaining about something. "Pardon me," she said to the closest lunch lady there, "but what happened here?"

"Hey, students shouldn't be back here!" yelped the lunch lady. "But if ya must know, it looks like something broke into the kitchen last night and took off with some of our food!"

"Must've been some sort of animal," said another lunch worker. "It smells like wet dog in here!"

[color=orange]"Yeah, I wouldn't know how Fusion works." Fountain said, holding up Masked Change Second, "Acid. Transform." He said as the card erupted into a blue orb of light that completely surrounded him and imploded on itself, revealing a blue armored Warrior holding a gun in his hand, "Sorry about that, I'm technically here as Acid since Bassols is apparently having a girl's weekend with some of your people so I can't show up as Fountain or Vapor." He shrugged, "Hell if I know, I just wish that Rekka would get his next form already, it's a little annoying having just me and her doing all the 'official business' junk."[/color]

[color=blue]"Well, that's one mystery solved." Mark told Luisa, pulling her out of earshot of the onlookers, "I'm expecting we'll have a lot more animal attacks in the future. Unless of course we run into Wolfram and knock some sense into him. And by we I mean me. And by knock some sense into him, I mean beat him into unconsciousness and see if that fixes anything."[/color]

"Heh, right, the girls usually have their Ladies' Night around this time," Wildheart said to Acid. "Shall we get going, then? Plasma and the others will more than likely be expecting us soon." With that, he and Acid headed for Hero Tower.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I dunno if that'll actually work," Luisa said in a low voice. "I mean, sure it'll teach him a lesson for last time, but we don't know if it'll snap Wolfram out of whatever state he's in; he may remain "Fenrir" forever, as terrible as that sounds. Besides," she added, staring Mark in his shaded eyes, "What if you can't do this alone? I'm not saying you're not capable, nor am I suggesting that I do it instead, but maybe... we could tell the other teachers? You know, so that they can try dealing with him if he shows up again? Especially Mr. Abernathy; he'd be rather upset if he doesn't have the ingredients he needs for the dinners he makes because of Wolfram taking food."

[color=orange]"Yeah, it's a pain trying to schedule around them too." Acid said, "I'm sure you Elementals don't have the same problem since you've got a small army on your side, but there are only five of us Masks since our LIGHT Hero hasn't been activated yet, and Gust hasn't been able to so much as Mask Change yet, so we're woefully unguarded with just me, Goka, and Dark Law to defend our City, and since I'm here hearing why we should hold off on murdering the greatest terror that our world has ever known, Goka and Dark Law are alone. If the Evils found out about that, I'd probably come home to a ruined city. I'm risking hundreds of lives by just BEING here."[/color]

[color=blue]"If that doesn't work, then I'm going to try it again. And I'm going to do it alone." He lifted his sunglasses so Luisa could see his frozen multifaceted eyes, "He's a werewolf, I'm the Moon King. He's my problem." He told her, his voice carrying a strong tone of finality, "Besides, whatever I do now may very well be my last act on this Earth. I may as well do something important before I leave."[/color]

Sola drew her card. [color=#FF2400]"Alright! I draw, and I Normal Summon Chrono Matron in Attack Mode!"[/color]

Chrono Matron
LIGHT/Beast-Warrior/4/1600/1600
When this monster is destroyed and sent to the Graveyard, you may Special Summon 1 Level 3 or lower "LV" monster from your Deck in Attack Position.

A strange pink-furred kangaroo with a cream-colored stomach that had an interesting symbol resembling a clock at eleven o' clock painted on it in purple paint appeared, clad in spiked red boxing gloves. (1600 ATK)
[color=#FF2400]"Now, Neo, attack his Y-Dragon Head! Mystic Slash!"[/color]
Neo charged at the dragon to slice it in two with his silver sword.

"My apologies, Acid," Wildheart said. "I'll see if any of the other Heroes would be willing to lend their assistance."

"Right where you are is fine, Wildheart."

Wildheart stopped in his tracks upon hearing a familiar voice. Turning to his right, he saw Shining Flare Wingman's Fusion Materials: Sparkman, Avian, and... ... no Burstinatrix.

"Where's Burstinatrix?" Wildheart asked, somewhat confused.

"She went with the other girls," Sparkman stated. "She said that she, 'waited all damned week for this night,' and she wasn't going to let an emergency meeting stop that."

"She, er... sends her sincerest apologies," added Avian, who appeared to have the deep-red outline of a hand on his left cheek.

Wildheart was completely perplexed by this. "Okay.... So, I'm guessing you've brought a substitute for her?"

"He should be here in a few--" said Sparkman before a gurgling sound cut him off. Out of the cracks in the sidewalk, [url="http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Beastking_of_the_Swamps"]a liquid being emerged, bringing with it a rather foul stench.[/url]

"Oh, jeez...!" blurted out Wildheart, his voice muffled by his hands which were now covering his nose and mouth.

"I know," Avian said, also covering his nose, "but I'm afraid he was the only substitute available on such short notice."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I know, it's just...," Luisa began, but wasn't sure that anything she would say at this point would make any difference.

Archived