Yugioh: Fusion of Worlds: Rise of the Emperors [starting] [accepting in ooc thread]

Blackwing-Master

Watching the waves push against the boat, James stood at the edge, wondering what was happening at Duel Academy. He remebered the call he recieved, a familliar voice on the other end begging him to return to Duel Academy, to accept the teaching job he had been offered those many years ago, then finally giving in to the man's wish. He looked to his left, Jasmine standing there. He looked to his right, Gale, his duel spirit, standing on his shoulder. Before he knew it, the Academy was within sight. James started to walk away. "James," Jasmine said, "where are you going." He turned around, faint smile on his face. "We're almost at the Academy. You better get ready." He walked away, noticing Gale was still on his shoulder.

Jack was in his assigned room on the ship, digging around for his Academy Duel Disk. "Great, if I don't find it soon, I'll have to go back to my old Scrap Disk!" He looked back to the bed, his old Duel Disk made of spare parts he found in the junkyard he use to live in. "C'mon! Where is it?" He finally saw a small spot of red among the pile of filth. He cleared away the rest of te junk to find his Duel Disk. "Yes!" He put it on and put in his Scrap Deck. "Duel Academy, here I come!"

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If one were to approach the Slifer Red Dorm, they would notice a faint sound of a piano being expertly played, growing louder as they got closer. The music was carried through the open window of the second floor room belonging to Professor Alexander Abernathy, a strange individual who enlisted as a teacher at Duel Academy over a year ago.

Sitting at his piano, Alexander swayed slightly to and fro [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=loe7bqole5M"]as his fingers seemed to dance across the keys[/url], his eyes closed as if in a dream-like trance. It was only when his PDA began beeping incessantly that his train of thought, as well as his music, came to a halt. Giving off a sigh mixed with annoyance and disappointment, he picked up his device and read the message that was sent to him. Alexander scanned the message with his emerald green eyes, reading it all at a glance. His large, feline-like ears twitched as he finished reading the text, reminded of something important.

"Crap!" he gasped under his breath. "I almost forgot. The boat comes in today." Getting out of his seat at the piano, he strode over to his closet, removed the tank top he was wearing and tossed it into the hamper as he grabbed a clean black t-shirt and red uniform jacket from their hangers. He put on the t-shirt before heading out of his room, jacket in hand. He was halfway to the steps to go down before he realized that he had forgotten his deck and Duel Disk. Cursing under his breath once again, he put on his jacket as he ran back into his room, grabbed his Duel Disk and Deck Pouch from the top of his dresser, and rushed back out, strapping his Duel Disk to his back.

Someone knocked on the door the James' cabin, and a sweet voice asks. [color=#FF0000]"Excuse me, but may I come in?"[/color] If James looked through his cabin's peephole, he could see a cute young woman standing outside his room. She had red hair with black highlights and streaks tied into a ponytail, a blue eye and a gold eye behind circular glasses, a female teacher's version of the Slifer Red uniform, a clipboard, and a strange Duel Disk that looks like the Academy Duel Disk, but it is shinier and more like the standard Duel Disk. [color=#FF0000]"I am Sola Secuti. I am a teacher at the Duel Academy, and I wanted to talk to you, especially regarding your new position."[/color]

Gale disappeared as someone knocked on the door. James chuckled a bit then walked to the door, opening it. "Hello Sola, seems you know me already. Now, come in and tell me what you wanted to talk about."

Jasmine walked slowly to her room, worrying about James. [i]He's been different ever since he returned to us from his Dark Signer state. Make me wonder if that part of him is still there...[/i] She opened the door to her room, packed up what was out, which wasn't very much at all, and sat on the bed, wondering about the friends she had left by coming here with James.

Jack threw his stuff in a small dirty suitcase he found in the junkyard before he left. [i]I'm glad I got a chance to come here, but I really miss the junkyard.[/i] he thought, looking at the dirty suitcase that he just noticed had a few holes in it, which only made him want to go back more.

as the waves rocked the ship leading to duel accademy, adam fazarius was constantly checking and revising his lesson plan. Three years have passed since adam started teaching at the school. However, he craved more with his life. it was not like he actually didn't want this job, he did. However, teaching many young children how to play a card game was not his idea of heaven. However, he did have a living to make and he also would get to play his favorite card game. adam kept these words as a reminder not to lose his mind.

Sola started to come in, but she tripped on her own high heels, and fell down onto the floor, losing her glasses and her clipboard. She got up, rubbing her head. For some reason, she looked really familiar to James, like he had seen her before, a long time ago. [color=#FF0000]"I'm so sorry!"[/color] The young woman replied, picking up her clipboard and her glasses as she got up. However, the moment she put her glasses back on, she seemed different, and the feeling of nostalgia and knowing this person from before faded away. [color=#FF0000]"I am such a klutz! I just wanted to come in here to congratulate you on joining us here at Duel Academy! I have been here for about a year now, so it's nice to have another rookie teacher! We gotta stick together!"[/color] She playfully jabbed him in the ribs. [color=#FF0000]"Also, I wanted to check and make sure that everything was in order. Do you have your uniform and your Duel Disk?"[/color]

Two-thirds of the way from the docks, Alexander's pace slowed down from a fast jog to a walk, his breathing still a little heavy from his previous rushing. He figured that the boat wouldn't arrive for another half hour or so, so he decided to have a little fun to himself in the meantime. Taking out his PDA, which also doubled as a Duel simulator, he inputted a few commands, selected his "opponent" (Seto Kaiba, Battle City Deck), and began his duel, still being mindful of where he was walking whilst keeping his eyes on the screen.

"This should be quite the challenge," he said to himself as "Seto Kaiba" summoned Vorse Raider to the field in Attack Position and set two cards face down before ending his turn. "Now then... what card should I summon first...?" he said slowly, eying the Playful Possum and Ultimate Offering in his hand....

James thought for a second as the glimpse he saw of her without glasses seemed oddly familliar. "Um, yes, yes everythings fine. I got everything I need." He looked at the Duel Disk on his arm, but not the Academy one. "Thanks anyways. Wait, why are you on the boat if you already work at Duel Academy? I wouldn't think they would assign a one-year teacher to guide the new students on there way to duel Academy."

Jack ran out of his room and straight to the exit ramp, though they were still a good ways away from the Academy. He sat on the ground and pulled out his cards, more specificly his synchros, Scrap Dragon, Scrap Twin Dragon, Atomic Scrap Dragon, and Scrap Archfiend. He thought back to when he first found his deck preasembled on the sidewalk by the junkyard, no one else around, as if someone left it there for him. He smiled and looked to his Mark, which he recently found out was similar to the one Signers have. He would consider that maybe he was a signer if it wasn't for the fact the all the signer marks where red. The puzzle continued ping-poning in his head, thought going back and forth.

Sola looked at James' Duel Disk, then looked at her own, and exclaimed. [color=#FF0000]"Aww! I can't believe shipping screwed up again! You got the Version IV Duel Academy Duel Disk when you were supposed to have gotten the Version V, like everyone else has!"[/color] Sola motioned to her own Duel Disk, which looked like an improvement over James' Duel Disk. [color=#FF0000]"Everyone will have one of these, and if you show up with an outdated model, you'll be the laughingstock of the campus!"[/color] Sola thinks for a second. [color=#FF0000]"However, they might have spares in the cargo hold! Let's go!"[/color] She motioned for James to follow her.

"...Alright." James followed her, but didn't know what to expect. Not everyone he met was who they seemed to be. Was she like that? "You think the y would let me keep this anyways? It's outdated, so it's not like they'll use it again. Besides, it would be a nice collectors piece."

Jasmine was still sitting on her bed, looking out the window. Then, she thought to herself, [i]Did they put my d-wheel in the boat, or forget it. I'm sure mine could get lost among the thousands of others from the other students.[/i] She got off her bed, put her duel disk on her arm, and jogged to the stairs leading to the lower deck.

Sola nodded as she entered the cargo hold. [color=#FF0000]"Sure, but still, you model is inferior. It doesn't have the processing power required for the new system they installed over the summer. Plus, the Version V has several new features that you will discover as you duel with it."[/color] She finally reached several boxes and she started fishing around. [color=#FF0000]"Fortunately, with a bunch of teenagers, things tend to go missing. Hopefully, this should just be seen as either a kid snatching one up or a clerical error, like KaibaCorp sending you the wrong model."[/color] She finally found the right box. [color=#FF0000]"Umm...I forgot what dorm you were going into!"[/color]

Despite being (mostly) careful where he was walking and managing to get "Kaiba"'s Life Points down to 2400 ten minutes in (whilst having 2000 Life Points himself), Alexander failed to see a lone stone in his path and subsequently tripped on it. He stumbled a bit before losing all balance and falling face-down to the ground, his PDA flying out of his flailing hands and landing a few feet ahead of him.

Laughing at himself for not being more careful, the Lombax got up and dusted himself off before striding over to his fallen PDA and knelt down to pick it up. At that point, something happened that he wished didn't; a sharp, numbing pain raced throughout his entire body, causing him to gasp out in shock. Using one of his arms to keep him from falling again, Alexander held his other hand to his chest, his breathing heavy as he felt his heart race. Despite the pain only occurring for a split second, he remained in this position for the minute afterwards.

Looking down at his hand, he noticed that it "lost focus" in time with his heartbeat; visually, it looked as though he was staring at a television screen whose picture was being distorted by "snow". Clenching his hand into a fist, Alexander began calming himself, keeping his breathing steady while clearing his mind. Soon, his hand retained its "focus" and was no longer distorted.

Giving off a shaky sigh, Alexander picked up his PDA and himself, then continued on his way to the docks. He decided to continue the simulation later.

*Annoying Old-School Alarm Clock Ring*

Darren reaches over to his night stand and turns off the clock. Sitting up in the hotel bed and letting his feet dangle, he hunched over and rubbed his eyes and face.

[b]"Hmph, well I guess today's the day. Get ready Paladin, we've got a long day ahead of us."[/b]
[i]"Yes, sir. At your command."[/i] Paladin replied, as he vanished away.

He continued to stand up out of the bed and open the curtains to the view of the early morning that awaited him outside. He unzipped his dufflebag and pulled out a pair of clothing. He proceeded to change and place the pair of dirty clothes into the bag and zipped it up.

[b]"Paladin, let's go. it's time."[/b]

Dark Paladin appeared behind him as he exited the door and followed him as he walked to the boating dock.

-20 MINUTES LATER-

Darren arrived at the boating dock and seen he was just in time for a quick rest and on the boat, seeing how he had about 15-20 minutes to spare. They seemed to go by awfully fast as he soon heard the departure announcement. He rounded his stuff and boarded the boat to Duel Acadamy. He slowly but surely made his way to the front. Duel Acadamy was in the distance, not too far away, but he could see enough to make it out.

[b]"Well, here we go. Let's figure out what this strange marking and my Red Dragon Archfiend card have to do with each other."[/b]
[i]"And hopefully it's nothing bad master."[/i]

Servant had been cautiously eying Sola for a while. He tried as carefully as possible to avoid her attention. She matched all those photos his previous owner had torn up, and burned, and obliterated, and sent the remaining particles into a never-ending miniature black hole where they would continue crushing each other until the end of eternity. His previous owner had hated her that much. But she also looked a bit different, so he couldn't be sure. Either way, if his previous master, who was super powerful, hated her, that meant she was strong, since she still exists. Wait a second, why was he afraid? He had the power of Wisel Infinity backing him up. He quickly slipped away into the dock before anyone could notice. This mission seemed to get more and more difficult by the minute. But no, his new master had done a great deal freeing him from experimentation, and he owed his new master that much.

Once Jasmine reached the basement, she activated her duel disk, with luminated the area just enough to make out where her duel runner was. She spotted it right away and hooked her Academy Duel Disk up to it to see if it would fit, which it did. "Good, no more worries." She disconnected her duel disk from the d-wheel and walked away. Once she was out, she noticed the Academy was only moments away. She ran to her room to get her clothes.

"You know, they didn't tell me. It just came to me that I had no idea where I was going to live once we got there." James felt a small shock of pain from his Signer mark under his sleaved shirt and tightened his fist until it stopped. "I'll find out once we get there." He took the Duel Disk out of the woman's hand. "Thanks for the help. I guess I'll see you around." James started walking away. [i]There must be a Signer on the ship. Or maybe...[/i] He looked around a bit, then continued walking away.

Miss Sola stopped James, and smiled. [color=#FF0000]"First off, you picked up the wrong model."[/color] She took the Duel Disk and handed him a different one in grey colors. [color=#FF0000]"This is a color-variable model. Just key in what colors you want, and it will change to those colors."[/color] She then checked around to make sure there was enough room in the cargo hold. [color=#FF0000]"I say we have about 15 minutes before we actually start docking. That gives us plenty of time to have a quick duel. Plus, it allows you to test out your new Duel Disk."[/color] She pulled out a deck and inserted it into her Duel Disk. [color=#FF0000]"You ready?"[/color]

"I guess I'm alright with that." He inseted his deck and hit multiple buttons befre the Duel Disk became black. "Nice. I guess I take the first turn if that's alright with you. Draw! I summon Blackwing Shura the Blue Flame." A blue birdman creature appeared on the field. "Next I'll play Foolish Burial to send Blackwing Vayu the Emblem of Honor from my deck to the graveyard. I'll end my turn with a face-down card."
LP:4000
Hand:3
Field:Shura, s/t
Graveyard:Vayu, Foolish

Jasmine returned to her cabin, notcing she had rushed to her cabin for nothing, seeing as there was still a bit of time before they would land on the island. She flopped down on her bed and close her eyes, nearly falling asleep.

A few minutes later, Alexander found his way to the Academy's docks. The sea breeze blew past him in a gentle caress as the scent of the ocean struck his nostrils. The Lombax wandered over to one of the warehouses on the dock and leaned against the wall of it with his left shoulder, facing the sea. He watched the motion of the waves for a bit, only stopping for fear of being hypnotized by the ocean.

Chuckling to himself about this thought, Alexander then took his deck out of its pouch and began rummaging through it, looking at each card in detail until he came across his three favorites: Batonetta - Beta, Marcus Fenix - Beta, and Ratchet - Beta. Seeing these three cards together filled him a sense of nostalgia, yet at the same time, he felt....

Alexander shook his head to clear it of the depressing thought that entered his mind at that moment, then proceeded to put his deck away. He then took out his PDA again to continue the Duel Simulation that was still in progress.

Sola drew her card. [color=#FF0000]"Alright! I Normal Summon Blazing Salamander LV4 in Attack Mode!"[/color]

Blazing Salamander LV4
Fire/Dragon/4/1700/900
This monster also counts as a Pyro-Type monster. When this monster declares an attack, if the ATK or DEF of the opposing monster is higher than the ATK of this monster, you may increase the ATK of this monster by 300 during the Damage Step only. At the end of a Battle Phase in which this monster attacked, change this monster to Defense Position. During your Standby Phase, by sending this face-up card to the Graveyard, Special Summon 1 "Blazing Salamander LV6" from your hand or Deck.

A cute little fiery serpent appeared on Sola's side of the field. (1700 ATK)
[color=#FF0000]"Next, I will activate Double Summon, allowing me to Normal Summon again, and I will Summon Herbisaurus LV4 in Attack Mode!"[/color]

Herbisaurus LV4
EARTH/Dinosaur/4/1500/1500
This monster also counts as a Plant-Type monster. During your Standby Phase, if this card is face-up on your side of the field, you may increase your Life Points by 200 for each Spell or Trap Card on your side of the field. During the End Phase of a turn that this card destroyed a monster by battle, by sending this card to the Graveyard, Special Summon 1 "Herbisaurus LV6" from your hand or Deck.

A strange baby brachiosaurus-like dinosaur with a fern-like growth on its back and roots all over its body appeared. (1500 ATK)
[color=#FF0000]"Now I will activate the effect of my Blazing Salamander! When it attacks, if its opponent is stronger, its ATK bumps up to 2000! Blazing Flare!"[/color]
The salamander's fire flared up as it spat a fireball at Shura.

James watched as his monster shattered into small, yellow, triangular pieces and disappeared. "I guess you'll be attacking me with your dino as well?" James prepares for the attack by the dinosaur. [i]Level monsters, don't see those every day...[/i]

Jack had fallen asleep while waiting for the boat to reach the Academy. He was awoken by the boat rocking slightly, causing him to fall over. Once he woke up a bit, he got up and looked at a near-by clock, which had only changed by about a half an hour. "I figured we would have been there by now." He sat back down, but kept himself awake.

Sola nodded. [color=#FF0000]"Herbisaurus, attack him directly! Seed Rain!"[/color]
The dinosaur shot a bunch of seeds out of the tree on its back, which rained down on James. (James: 2300 LP)
[color=#FF0000]"I set 2 cards, then end my turn!"[/color]
Blazing Salamander cooled down as it changed to Defense Position, but Sola looked ready for anything.

[color=#FF0000]Sola:[/color] 4000 LP
Hand: 1
Monsters: Blazing Salamander LV4 (900 DEF), Herbisaurus LV4 (1500 ATK)
Spells/Traps: 2 FD
Graveyard: Double Summon

Meanwhile, on campus, Aki was bored. Really bored. She was sitting on her throne in the middle of the Obelisk Girl's Dorm, which was, in essence, her castle, plucking at her guitar randomly, when Israfel walked in.
[color=#FF1493]"What is it?"[/color]
[color=#800080]"Milady, the new students are going to arrive soon. Are you prepared to give your...presentation?"[/color]
[color=#FF1493]"I guess so...Where's Rayos?"[/color]
Israfel shrugged, and Aki resumed her absent-minded plucking, sighing as she did so. She wished that something or someone interesting would come on the new boat load. She hadn't had a good challenge in months. Everything seemed gray and dull. Even her musical performances had taken a turn for the worse. Israfel knew this, and tried to cheer her queen up, but Aki Ross, Queen of Duel Academy, needed something to get her blood pumping.
But what?

James Signer mark lit up through his shirt. [i]Great, now that that's secret is out,[/i] "Draw! I play Black Whirlwind. Next I summon Blackwing Sirrocco the Dawn, which, because of Whirlwind, let's me add Blackwing Gale the Whirlwind to my hand. Now, if I control a Blackwing monster, I can Special Summon Gale from my hand." A multi-colored bird appeared, with eyes that look as if they are staring into your soul. "Now, with Gale's effect, I can half the attack and defense of one of the montsers you control, and I select your Herbisaurus. Now, I'll tune Sirrocco the Dawn and Gale! *insert summoning chant here* Synchro Summon, take flight, Stardust Dragon! Now I'll remove Vayu and Sirrocco to Special Summon Armed Wing. Armed Wing, attack her Blazing Salamander." A bird holding a spear shot small energy 'bullets' out of the tip of it's spear as well as slicing the mosnter with the spear.
(If no response)
"Stardust Dragon, attack her Herbisaurus. Shooting Sonic!" The dragon shot a blast of light that looed as if made of stars at the opponent's dinosaur.
(if no response)
"I end my turn."

LP:2300
Hand:2
Field:Armed Wing, Stardust, BWW, s/t
Graveyard:Foolish, Shura, Gale

Feeling that the boat was taking longer than expected to reach the docks, and wanting a more "real" dueling experience (i.e., he lost the Duel Simulation when "Kaiba" summoned Obelisk the Tormentor and obliterated the rest of his Life Points), Alexander decided to head back toward the Main Academy building to see if any of the teachers or students would accept a challenge from him. "Simulations are more for practice, anyway," he muttered to himself with a huff.

He made the long trek to the campus, passing the Ra Yellow Dorm on the way and coming close to the Obelisk Blue Dorms....

[color=#800080]"Milady, we need to go!"[/color]
[color=#FF1493]"I don't want to."[/color]
[color=#800080]"We need to see the new students and tell them about us!"[/color]
[color=#FF1493]"They will find out about us the hard way."[/color]
[color=#800080]"Umm...there's this new teacher! James, or something. He uses Blackwings and Dragunities. Very strange combination."[/color]
Aki was out the door by the time he said "combination".
[color=#800080]"Milady, wait up!"[/color]

Sola grinned and flipped up her Trap Card. An irritating din ringed through the cargo hold, preventing James from Synchro Summoning.
[color=#FF0000]"Fortunately, my Discord Trap Card prevents you from Synchro Summoning, something I don't often use!"[/color]

Shortly after dozing off the symbol on Darren's back began to burn. He dropped to his knees in pain, confused, the pain slowly went away.

[b]"You hear that Paladin? That noise..."[/b]

He became intrigued by some noise not too far away.

[b]"A duel?[/b]

Darren quickly found his way away from the front of the ship and to where the duel is. Though as he seen the duel, he became fascinated by the monster who was on one side of the field. As he continued to look at the monster, the symbol on his back gave a light burning sensation. He was surprised that the Dragon and his own Dragon had the same effect on him. Confused...he turns and goes into the restroom and locks the door behind him. He takes of his shirt and looks in the mirror sideways.

[b]"Paladin are you seeing this? The mark is glowing and burning the same way as whenever I summon my Red Dragon Archfiend. Do you think...?"[/b]

Paladin then appears next to him, [i]"That they're related? It's a possible explanation to why the same effects happen to you. But the question still remains. [u]WHAT[/u] does it have in common? Not only your Dragon, but how the dragon's are related."[/i]

Darren proceeds to put his shirt on and unlocks the door, taking one look back, and exiting. He goes and watches the duel, hoping that he may get some kind of clue as to what was happening, and why...

Archived