Card Reviews and a Statement [Updated with new cards]

Mehmani

Touché.

Very well.

There's actually nothing wrong with the cards. The OCG is flawless, and the images are of excellent quality. Your definitions of where the cards can be used are detailed, and it seems to work very well.

The cards are perfect, but your attitude ticked me off. (This shall, however not affect your score)

P.

[quote name='Lord Ursus' timestamp='1294169230' post='4911379']
Mikhail Tal, you are a stupendously arrogant kid.

I don't know what kind of self-proclaimed title you back your insults behind, but seriously, you are starting to sound childish, idiotic and pompous. These are three defining characteristics I find hard to deal with. Get a grip on yourself, shut your mouth, or get off the forum until you can. Heck, flame me, whatever. I won't care for the know-it-all attitudes of a person three years younger than me.
[/quote]

I want to actually try out this little deduction thing.

Good grammar on a children's forum suggests a slight superiority complex. Religious and/or from a non-English speaking country then, or perhaps both. Registration date is 2007 so you've been here a while but largely inactive. Professional language when reviewing leads me to believe you are someone who frequents Realistic Cards. Only a troll (a good one) or someone who lives in a country where English is not spoken would use grammar as on the internet it always protects intelligence. JG is Scandinavian and he shares some of your mannerisms but I'm sure you're not Danish (I know the Danish), so I'm guessing Sweden, Norway or Finland as they are major powers. The Swedish are less liberal and the Finnish less urban so I'm guessing Norway.

Long time here, obviously resentful of it suggests troll. Ah, but there's something else...you have a mild air of superiority, only without arrogance. That suggests a religion, but Western as only Westerners have that kind of natural mentality. Christianity definitely.

I am a self-proclaimed sociopath with a ridiculous memory and eye for detail. Believe me, I am pompous and arrogant as they come. I don't "know it all", nor do I claim to. I just like finding people who make life interesting. Boredom is a horrible thing. And as you may know, I will never back down from an argument, particularly when I am presented with someone who likes to cheat when they argue.

[quote name='ze super cat' timestamp='1294176471' post='4911665']
It's funny because none of the cards are actually playable.
[/quote]

byakk, you know how I hate pretentiousness (irony) and how I love explanation. Would you care to elaborate rather than have your TCG forum fame speak for itself? You certainly talk the talk with your deadpan sarcasm and /b/tard-reject level trolling, but I wonder if you can walk the walk by explaining exactly how and why my cards are unplayable. The excess mechanic is a terrible one, yes.

"The excess mechanic is a terrible one, yes."

You just explained why. :huh:

There are several problems with Excess Monsters currently.

They are too tricky to summon. You need 2+ monsters with the exact same level that's equal to the Excess monster to drop it. That doesn't tend to happen often, and when it does, why? You're just spending multiple cards to get one out and by then it just won't be worth it.

They are too much of a dead draw. You will frequently draw into an Excess when you can't summon it and vice versa. This is why Synchros were good, they were always accessible by the player in the luxury of the Extra Deck.

They waste too much card advantage. You're spending 2+ cards to summon 1 card. This is why Tribute Summoning isn't that popular, because you're giving up 2 monsters that you spent cards to maintain on the field to summon a bigger card (this problem is occasionally nonexistant in some decks)

But anyways, I should give an explanation why your cards are not playable.

First off, how are you going to effectively summon Duality Synchron? Debris -> Ryko? Why not just use Debris -> Dandy to make Black Rose and use less advantage? :huh: Wasting Debris in Debris Synchro is a fairly bad thing, because usually the point is to save Debris for when the field starts to become a bit unmanageable. You won't get that much profit off of Duality Synchron anyway. You might make Junk Destroyer, but you're only destroying one card after you've spent 1 (spend 2 get 1 back), and this is why we have Caius.

For Volcanon, Excess Monsters are [u]semi-nomi[/u], so you can't actually firedog into this or rekindle it without properly excess summoning it first, or use it's first effect without properly excess summoning. So basically, if you can't spend cards to use it, the card is worthless. I also can't think of any good monsters that you could equip to this in Debris Synchro, since you're already doing stuff to summon this guy in the first place. Sure you can drop it after a black rose nuke and equip black rose, but why? That would require you to run something like Decisive Arms when the extra deck is already tight.

Creaut is simply unneeded in Dragunities.dek. I understand the basic premise of Dux -> Phalanx, but [i]why[/i]? Why would you waste another card + space instead of making Dragunity Knight - Vajayjay into Stardust/any level 8 synchro/Leviathan? Additionally, the revival effect is just meh, and doesn't really go well with Dragunity's playstyle.

I'll probally comment on the cards later but for now I just wanted to say that the effect needs to be Realistic but you need to be inventive in your effects.

Also Eye Candy IS useful. I always base effects on my choice of images. Try to be inventive, my Field Chibi's are an example of this.

[quote=Mikhail Tal]I want to actually try out this little deduction thing.

Good grammar on a children's forum suggests a slight superiority complex. Religious and/or from a non-English speaking country then, or perhaps both. Registration date is 2007 so you've been here a while but largely inactive. Professional language when reviewing leads me to believe you are someone who frequents Realistic Cards. Only a troll (a good one) or someone who lives in a country where English is not spoken would use grammar as on the internet it always protects intelligence. JG is Scandinavian and he shares some of your mannerisms but I'm sure you're not Danish (I know the Danish), so I'm guessing Sweden, Norway or Finland as they are major powers. The Swedish are less liberal and the Finnish less urban so I'm guessing Norway.

Long time here, obviously resentful of it suggests troll. Ah, but there's something else...you have a mild air of superiority, only without arrogance. That suggests a religion, but Western as only Westerners have that kind of natural mentality. Christianity definitely.

I am a self-proclaimed sociopath with a ridiculous memory and eye for detail. Believe me, I am pompous and arrogant as they come. I don't "know it all", nor do I claim to. I just like finding people who make life interesting. Boredom is a horrible thing. And as you may know, I will never back down from an argument, particularly when I am presented with someone who likes to cheat when they argue.[/quote]

Very well deducted. Though every single fact you mentioned here stands on my profile. I always use good grammar, wherever I am.

My inactivity has been caused by my slightly asosial past and very busy life. I do for the moment have a job, several friends to commune with, and as such, cannot spend as much time here as I would have liked.

It's nice to see you know yourself that much.

[quote name='ze super cat' timestamp='1294182894' post='4911915']

You just explained why. :huh:

They are too tricky to summon. You need 2+ monsters with the exact same level that's equal to the Excess monster to drop it. That doesn't tend to happen often, and when it does, why? You're just spending multiple cards to get one out and by then it just won't be worth it.

They are too much of a dead draw. You will frequently draw into an Excess when you can't summon it and vice versa. This is why Synchros were good, they were always accessible by the player in the luxury of the Extra Deck.

They waste too much card advantage. You're spending 2+ cards to summon 1 card. This is why Tribute Summoning isn't that popular, because you're giving up 2 monsters that you spent cards to maintain on the field to summon a bigger card (this problem is occasionally nonexistant in some decks)

But anyways, I should give an explanation why your cards are not playable.

First off, how are you going to effectively summon Duality Synchron? Debris -> Ryko? Why not just use Debris -> Dandy to make Black Rose and use less advantage? :huh: Wasting Debris in Debris Synchro is a fairly bad thing, because usually the point is to save Debris for when the field starts to become a bit unmanageable. You won't get that much profit off of Duality Synchron anyway. You might make Junk Destroyer, but you're only destroying one card after you've spent 1 (spend 2 get 1 back), and this is why we have Caius.

For Volcanon, Excess Monsters are [u]semi-nomi[/u], so you can't actually firedog into this or rekindle it without properly excess summoning it first, or use it's first effect without properly excess summoning. So basically, if you can't spend cards to use it, the card is worthless. I also can't think of any good monsters that you could equip to this in Debris Synchro, since you're already doing stuff to summon this guy in the first place. Sure you can drop it after a black rose nuke and equip black rose, but why? That would require you to run something like Decisive Arms when the extra deck is already tight.

Creaut is simply unneeded in Dragunities.dek. I understand the basic premise of Dux -> Phalanx, but [i]why[/i]? Why would you waste another card + space instead of making Dragunity Knight - Vajayjay into Stardust/any level 8 synchro/Leviathan? Additionally, the revival effect is just meh, and doesn't really go well with Dragunity's playstyle.
[/quote]

The only way to make Excess Monsters playable is to make them have ridiculously good effects, but I don't do that because RC has a weird OCD thing about balance. I'll work on it, definitely.
[quote name='Lord Ursus' timestamp='1294233411' post='4913233']
Very well deducted. Though every single fact you mentioned here stands on my profile. I always use good grammar, wherever I am.

My inactivity has been caused by my slightly asosial past and very busy life. I do for the moment have a job, several friends to commune with, and as such, cannot spend as much time here as I would have liked.

It's nice to see you know yourself that much.
[/quote]

Well, I always thought the best way to deal with social problems was to acknowledge them, but I eventually decided to exploit it and use it as a party trick. I really should have picked up on the asocial past, there are clear signs of it now I think about it.

[quote name='ze super cat' timestamp='1294257327' post='4913688']
The problem with your cards is that there's no [i]reason[/i] to run them, because we have better things to do in the situations where we can summon them.
[/quote]

Exactly. There are better situations and scenarios to be made by using different cards. But what should I do? You need to have a long effect to be seen as a good card-maker here, but the best cards in the metagame are always simple but good. It's a difficult dilemma, but I'll give it a think and see what I can do.

You could always continue from my other idea of breaking Excess rules and make them actually playable, such as having a level 2-3-4/ect that can be Normal Summoned, or a level 5/6 that has a Cydra-esque Summon effect to stop it being a dead draw. Naturally, these Summons could miss all/part of the effect, but it'd make them much less dead-draw worthy. You could also make them non-semi-nomi which would help. Really, to make Excess decent, you need to make them not really an Excess monster, because the Excess mechanic is terrible.

i realise this post is a - not commenting or related to the cards in this thread and b - possible candidate for spam/flame attntion/me getting a warn or ban, but hey, im saying what i want to say.

i realise the arguing has stopped, but ffs people. get a damn life. this forum is for people to post thier ideas and creations which they have put thier time, effort and energy into to make them likeable by as many people as possible. this is not a forum for people to CUT EACH OTHERS THROATS ARGUING ALL THE FREAKING TIME. if you want to argue the toss about something someone has said about your cards or comments or posts etc, then DO SO OVER PM and save the space, data and time of those who want to read the cards and other peoples comments about them and make thier own, not waste thier time wading throught an argument to look for what they came looking in the thread to do.

feel free to pm me with any problems or replying quips you see fit. if you feel the urge to use this to analyze me then know this, i don't give a damn but welcome the look into the working of your sad little mind if you do.

there, ive had my rant. its 01.25 am im knackered, gonna finnish what i came on to do and go to bed. night.

[quote name='-Griffin' timestamp='1294444961' post='4918626']
You could always continue from my other idea of breaking Excess rules and make them actually playable, such as having a level 2-3-4/ect that can be Normal Summoned.
[/quote]

That part wouldn't change the design at all =/, if its a really good effect on Excess Summon it can turn out to be a good thing under the right circumstances. Ie: Should I just normal summon it? Or can I kill my monsters so its effect activates but triggers its Excess Immunities?

• 4 weeks later...
[quote]ze super cat, on 04 January 2011 - 11:14 PM, said:

You just explained why.

[b]the same goes for syncros. 2+ mons to make annother. yes they are now easily playable cause there are loads of support specifically for them but my point still stands.[/b]
[/quote]

ok, i need to ask this cause i cant figure it out. what does semi-nomi mean?

Archived