YCSトロント トーナメントデッキ

burnpsy

[quote name='burnpsy' timestamp='1301538058' post='5101776']
That would be nice.

and that conveniently just leaves 2 unreleased cards + Burei and Solemn. The end result being that I only have to go out and get 4 cards.

EDIT: Kinetic Soldier VS Puppet Plant. Which should I use against Sams?
[/quote]
I would like to use Puppet Plant to take the Shi En then OTK and have protection in the form of Shi En but that seems situational so idk.

• Replies 450
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[quote name='Batteryman B)' timestamp='1301572246' post='5102297']
I would like to use Puppet Plant to take the Shi En then OTK and have protection in the form of Shi En but that seems situational so idk.
[/quote]

If I can't OTK at that point, I'd still swing for huge amounts and then use it as Synchro fodder. It's only LV5, so I have plenty of options to summon with him...

Plus, a well-timed Puppet Plant can stop the Gateway loop, I think...

Normally, I'd immediately go for Puppet Plant, but Kinetic Soldier's no pushover in this deck either. 3350 ATK LV4 Machine... Though they can play around it by summoning a Synchro that isn't Shi En.

[quote name='HaouJudai' timestamp='1301584110' post='5102440']
kinetic soldier for sure - he has synergy with this build
[/quote]

Makes sense.

OK then, then this build appears to be good for now, unless something major happens or it fails miserably in testing against more than just GKs and Hopeless.

[quote name='Batteryman B)' timestamp='1301609754' post='5103215']
Gateway loop isn't played any more. Honestly, the only synergy Kinetic Solder has is Limiter Removal and Burei which I don't believe to be enough to justify that it is more usable.
[/quote]

It's also Fortress food.

And that's a good point, too.

Dammit.

Let's see here:

[b]Kinetic Soldier[/b]
[u]Pros (4):[/u] Can be used over and over as long as it's in play, even when the opponent attacks it; 6700 ATK with Limiter Removal; valid Burei material; Fortress food.
[u]Cons (4):[/u] Uses up my Normal Summon; cannot get rid of Shi En while it's equipped with Spirit; more easily blocked; can be played around by non-Warriors.

[b]Puppet Plant[/b]
[u]Pros (5):[/u] I get to use Shi En; I can take their Shi En and use it as Synchro fodder; also works against Spellcasters, so I can use it against GKs; can be used for BRD's second effect; does not use up my Normal Summon.
[u]Cons (4):[/u] Only works once; no synergy outside of BRD; doesnt work when D-Fissure's out; only works during my turn.

Did I miss anything?

Added.

So it's 4-4 VS 4-4. Still Indecisive.

EDIT: Puppet Plant only works during my turn, so some of those Pros are wrong.
EDIT2: Swapped TRA for Colossal, after RBoD pointed out how stupid-easy Colossal Arm OTK can be to pull off here.
EDIT3: Trying Scrap Dragon over Red Nova, as suggested. Let's see how it goes.
EDIT4: Scrap Dragon was generally better, due to the consistency of summoning it. Also, makes dead Accelerators/One for Ones useful and can abuse Map.

[quote name='wiithepeople' timestamp='1301711203' post='5106102']
Personally, this is going to be a tough choice. I'm very sure Lighton will be a common for EXVC, so there should be no problem to get it. Also, there could be another banlist on the way before the YCS, so all I see that might get hit is the staples. No biggie.
[/quote]
I agree completely that there [i]could[/i] be a banlist before the YCS.

[quote name='HaouJudai' timestamp='1301675327' post='5104763']
Run Kinetic Soldier for some irl testing - also Scrap Dragon is MUCH better than Red Nova
[/quote]

I know that now.

But before I tested, I didn't have any idea what I could have it destroy.

[quote name='wiithepeople' timestamp='1301711203' post='5106102']
Personally, this is going to be a tough choice. I'm very sure Lighton will be a common for EXVC, so there should be no problem to get it. Also, there could be another banlist on the way before the YCS, so all I see that might get hit is the staples. No biggie.
[/quote]

Uhh... What exactly is the tough choice here? The only thing yet undecided is Puppet Plant VS Kinetic Soldier. I'll be working, so I can get everything in the deck after I pick up a bunch of manga and a 3DS.

Also, no duh there'll be a new banlist. 2 weeks before the tourney, to be exact.

[quote name='Manjoume Thunder' timestamp='1301728576' post='5106986']
lol I don't anything about morps but I have a feeling that you will want the normal summon that Kinetic takes.
[/quote]

Eh, depends on the hand. Sometimes, I can do stupid-long moves without my Normal Summon.

But that point is still valid. I can use Puppet Plant and still proceed to do the rest of my play with my Normal Summon still being available.

BUMP

As I forgot to list the not using my Normal Summon under Puppet Plant's pros, it's actually 4-4 VS 5-4. Puppet Plant wins. I'll use Kinetic Soldier in my IRL version until I pick up some Puppet Plants... but then again, I can't really use my IRL version until I get Librarian, since it's central to my not-running-out-of-cards.

The change tested fine. I have't actually gotten to activate Book in a while anyways.

Should I try Full House? Possible over a Double Cyclone or two? It could also potentially work in the main, since I don't draw Decree nearly as often as I need to. I like the idea because it abuses Map while destroying more of their stuff than Double Cyclone would.

I'm probably going to switch Colossal back to Thought Ruler, or put something like a second Librarian in there. Colossal was re-added for the potential Colossal Arm OTK, but I haven't gotten it at all in practice, as I usually do triple Celfon on turn 1.

Also, should I give Brionac another shot?

Full House makes Map miss too much. :/

And Brionac's only $40. I have to pay $20 for Librarian, $30 for Burei and $35 for Scrap Dragon anyways. Having him isn't an issue, it's whether or not he sucks here.

EDIT: 1 Accelerator -> 1 Lighton

Second one causes too many dead draws.

EDIT2: Tossed Colossal for a second Librarian for previously-stated reasons. I actually get a LOT of openings to pull out the second. At the same time, I've never gotten Colossal Arm OTK in practice, and the ruling will probably come to the TCG by the time of the YCS. If not, I'll consider Colossal > RDA. Might want a second Formula with 2 Lighton in here now.

[quote name='burnpsy' timestamp='1302310588' post='5123749']
Full House makes Map miss too much. :/

And Brionac's only $40. I have to pay $20 for Librarian, $30 for Burei and $35 for Scrap Dragon anyways. Having him isn't an issue, it's whether or not he sucks here.

EDIT: 1 Accelerator -> 1 Lighton

Second one causes too many dead draws.

EDIT2: Tossed Colossal for a second Librarian for previously-stated reasons. I actually get a LOT of openings to pull out the second. At the same time, I've never gotten Colossal Arm OTK in practice, and the ruling will probably come to the TCG by the time of the YCS. If not, I'll consider Colossal > RDA. Might want a second Formula with 2 Lighton in here now.
[/quote]
Umm...Burei is 12...
ANYWAY
I prefer RDA over Colossal, only because he can make the field go boom. Either they take damage or all of the defenses die. Only problem, all your monsters MUST attack.

Archived