YCSトロント トーナメントデッキ

burnpsy

I have to agree with that logic on TT/MF.

Which just leaves the 3 Spells. I suppose the second Avarice isn't completely necessary, and neither is Book, but Mind Control allows for some nice plays when I draw a hand full of Tuners (it happens, and my only hope to get around the issue is by going for Levaiel/Gottoms, which isn't always possible).

Mind Control it is. I don't even have to go through extensive testing on it, since I already ran it before.

Another thing I wanted to try is adding a Rank 4 Exceed, since I get Radion and Boomboxen clogging my zones most of the time when doing triple Celfon (though having Lighton and a few revival spells handy alleviates the issue, I can't choose my opening hand). That said, I highly doubt there's room for it. Every Synchro is rather important, which makes me worry a little about after the tourney, when I try adding Galaxy Queen.

400th Reply, BTW. :P

• Replies 450
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I find that in decks where half the monsters are weak, No. 39 or Mainspring Meister are usually the best options for Rank 4. You could also try siding an Inverz Roach or Dissigma or something depending on the decks you'll be facing.

[quote name='GreigaBeastDS' timestamp='1305467329' post='5209958']
I find that in decks where half the monsters are weak, No. 39 or Mainspring Meister are usually the best options for Rank 4. You could also try siding an Inverz Roach or Dissigma or something depending on the decks you'll be facing.
[/quote]

Roach and Disigma basically don't exist for the purpose of this Deck. Try looking at what sets stuff gets printed in.

In any case, it's pointless to look at the Rank 4s unless someone find a space in the Extra, which I doubt exists.

[quote name='iHop' timestamp='1305479100' post='5210393']
If you want to make some seriously fast synchros, try a TG werewolf or 2?
[/quote]

A few issues with that:

Space is a precious commodity.
It becomes almost a necessity to run Decisive Armor if I do that (Scopen -> Boomboxen/Radion -> Warwolf = LV10).
I fill up my zones too fast as it is.

It always depends. If you really give it a look, Hope and Levaiel have COMPLETELY different applications.

Levaiel is useful for when I get 2 of my LV3 tuners out, but I don't have any non-tuners and can't summon Gottoms with what I have. With 7/8 of my LV3s being Tuners, this can happen rather easily.

I get to use Levaiel's effect ~50% of the time that I use it, and the stuff I summoned varied from Celfon -> Scopen -> Librarian to Scopen -> Radion -> Wyvern, etc. Sometimes, however, there actually isn't anything worth grabbing, aside from bringing out a Tuner to tun with something I already have out.

As such, Levaiel summoning anything useful depends on what's been RFP'd by Remoten/Birdman/opponent's cards. So it's generally useless unless I've had a chance to use Remoten or Birdman. Summoning it unlessI intend to bring something back is stupid, since it'll just get run over (lol, only 1800 ATK).

Hope is useful for when triple Celfon pulls out 2 useless LV4s, which is every situation that does not result in a Tuner except for when Boarden is pulled out, I pull out only 1 LV4, or when I get nothing (TBQH, I'd prefer one of the Rank 1s for that, but they won't be out by mid-September, most likely). It can also be summoned when I can get 2 LV4s out but can't do anything with them (e.g. Junk Box on Boomboxen when the only monster in hand is Boomboxen).

Hope's effect isn't dependent of whether or not I got to do certain things, and Hope isn't completely useless when its effect isn't used, since it's still a large beatstick. Hope's effect can also be used to protect my leftover Celfon from the situation I mentioned.

So this topic needs to be brought once again to light. Suspend me, ban me, kill me if you want, but I'm bumping this. It's too important to let die.

OT: The blackcards are pretty godly in this so I tried others. I tested Leviathan Dragon and it isn't any good. Did the same with Terabyte and again I either didn't need it or I instead synched for Trish.

[quote name='burnpsy' timestamp='1306036598' post='5224362']
Honestly, the only other Xyz that hasn't been tried by either of us and could work is Tyrus. It can be summoned with double Librarian (I sometimes can't summon formula after getting 2 Librarian out).
[/quote]

I personally think Tyrus shouldn't be in this deck. With those two Librarian you could Celfon roll into Lantron and synch for Formula, draw 3, and DELTA ACCEL into Halberd.

[quote name='wiithepeople' timestamp='1306068455' post='5224825']
I personally think Tyrus shouldn't be in this deck. With those two Librarian you could Celfon roll into Lantron and synch for Formula, draw 3, and DELTA ACCEL into Halberd.
[/quote]

I repeat.

"I sometimes can't summon formula after getting 2 Librarian out."

2 Librarian is a joke to pull off. 2 Librarian and a Formula, however, is a bit more effort...

[quote name='wiithepeople' timestamp='1306242710' post='5228812']
Testing this in DN. 4-1 right now. Only loss is to GKs.
[/quote]

GKs seem to be a 50/50 match-up for me if I play it out correctly.

Especially now that they're running Royal Tribute less and less.

• 4 weeks later...
I need to get past 1900+ ATK beatsticks.

While testing, I almost lost to [b][i]Vorse Raider and Luster Dragon[/i][/b]. Furthermore, GKs being a bad matchup for me, their main thing is to throw out cheap beaters.

I was thinking of Cyber Dragon to remedy this. I need 3 spaces for it, tho.

-Mind Control
-2 other cards

+3 Cyber Dragon

Help me find the "other cards".

Also, Utopia > Roach for the same reason.

I want to try Tengu for field presence. Anyone see space?

Removing a Dupe gives 1 slot. Any ideas for 2 more?

Incidentally, IDK how many Dupes to run. 3 can dead draw, but I actually draw it often. 2 is considerably less often, and thus less consistent, but it doesn't dead draw nearly as much.

Also, I'm thinking of siding Shadow-Imprisoning Mirror, as well as Malefic Cyber End Dragon and Chimeratech Fortress Dragon. Any ideas for fitting those into the side?

EDIT: Changes discussed through MSN. Deck updated.
EDIT2: Deck overhaul.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived