Need Help, Please Reply

Nah, because they are never activated, and they aren't treated As Continuous Spells until they hit the S/T zone so their effects as Spell cards couldn't be negated til afterward, and then it wouldn't matter.

When a Crystal Beast is destroyed, you can place it in a S/T zone and treat it as a Continuous Spell. It never has a point of activation to be negated. And like I said before, it becomes a Continuous Spell due to its effect as a Monster card, it doesn't have any effects as a Continuous Spell that could be negated.

If stopping your opponent getting Crystal Beasts into the s/t zones is your concern, Skill Drain handily negates that.

If you're that terrified of them, side deck Spell Purification.

If you do not want your opponent summoning them from there, Royal Oppression is a nice card to have.

If stopping your opponent getting Crystal Beasts into the s/t zones is your concern' date=' Skill Drain handily negates that.

If you're that terrified of them, side deck Spell Purification.

If you do not want your opponent summoning them from there, Royal Oppression is a nice card to have.[/quote']

While that would help, I like to think that I can stockpile enough Crystal beasts in the early game, to be able to use cards like Crystal Raigeki to prevent those cards from being played. I've also recently added Dust tornado to help against that. also I've added 2 copies of both legendary Jujitsu Master, and drop off, to slow my opponent's strategy down, and basically send em back a turn (If I had Raiza, I'd add that as well)

Of course, there's always counters to a strategy, and then theres' always counters to that counter (Shaco's thoughts) and the like.

Spell Purification is the card I'd suggest. Wipes all face-up Continuous Spells. Skill Drain also stops them from getting there in the first place.

Shaco, if you Dust Tornado Spell Purification, I'd just chain to it.

I myself run a Diamond Dude Crystal deck (Decks section) and I know that it's very hard to stop with the lack of s/t removal we have this format. GIMME BREAKER BACK :-(.

And even if you manage to destroy them, there's always that... I THINK it's Crystal Promise, that places two back in the zones anyway. Unless we get more spell-trap removal Crystal Beasts WILL become dangerous, as their entire strategy revolves on getting wiped and basically when they hit the s/t row you don't have any cards you can spare to use on them (I mean, who'd want to MST Ruby Carbuncle?).

Archived