The Penultimate Minecraft Topic

Wahrheit

logo_pps.png

Minecraft. The game you've likely heard about, but not on television advertisements or annoying popups. This game has over one million copies sold... and it's only in beta. Its advertising is completely through its userbase and viral media.. the developers make no real effort towards advertising the game because of the consistently spreading rate of sales.

But why is it so awesome?

Well... it really has no limits. You are placed in a world, and from there it's yours to control. Ravage the landscape or build a jungle. Rule a castle or pilot a pirate ship. The possibilities really are essentially endless. And that's even before you bring in Multiplayer to the equation.

If you haven't heard of it, [url="http://minecraft.net"]I suggest looking it up[/url]. Immediately. Youtube, facebook, twitter, whatever. It's everywhere. It's awesome.

And my neighborhood has a brothel. ;D

So, who all plays this magnificent game? What kind of things have you made? Do you play any multiplayer servers?

Also, check this out: http://imgur.com/a/aaP7C#0

Don't forget to check out my server, mc.summaxr.com; click it to see our map!

• Replies 854
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I absolutely HATE this crappy game, I'd rather gouge my eyeballs out than play this crapfest.[/obviouslyjoking]
In all seriousness, what little I have, I am addicted to this game. In case you were wondering, my avatar is Giratina with Notch's head, and My name comes from the Zombie Pigman mob in the Nether.

When I was playing on a server, I found....
[spoiler=This][IMG]http://i51.tinypic.com/adeuiq.png[/IMG][/spoiler]
It's safe to say this is my new home.

[quote name='Wahrheit' timestamp='1298604358' post='5032748']
MORE TORCHES SON
[/quote]
That's what I thought the problem was, cause my house is 4 stories with a big field of grass surrounding it then a 30 block high wall all the way around. And then a moat, just in case. I think I used around 300 torches and it still keeps happening. I even put doors on all my mines.

Minecraft is one of the most simplest yet coolest games I've ever played.

It's so damn addicting, but it gets really boring once you've gotten over the joy of finding Diamonds for the first time. I wish Minecraft would come with mods, because I feel like Minecraft wants to be more of a sandbox game than an actual "game" with restrictions and limitations.

[quote name='Fenrir' timestamp='1298690972' post='5035020']
Dark,

Go to the Minecraft forum.

Section: Mods/Texture Packs/Maps

Sincerely,

Fenrir
[/quote]

Yeah, I think I'm sane enough to realize that exists.

I meant that Minecraft should come with options of pre-installed mods. As in, you might have the option to be able to fly instead of being required to download a mod and required to update it everytime Minecraft undergoes an update. Or you might have an option for infinite health instead of having to mod your way through those limitations.

Because Minecraft is mainly a sandbox-type game, I see no reason why members should be required to download and constantly update mods for things that really should be in a finished product anyways. :/

[quote name='Dark' timestamp='1298691523' post='5035054']
Yeah, I think I'm sane enough to realize that exists.

I meant that Minecraft should come with options of pre-installed mods. As in, you might have the option to be able to fly instead of being required to download a mod and required to update it everytime Minecraft undergoes an update. Or you might have an option for infinite health instead of having to mod your way through those limitations.

Because Minecraft is mainly a sandbox-type game, I see no reason why members should be required to download and constantly update mods for things that really should be in a finished product anyways. :/
[/quote]

Eh. A lot of mods don't really 'fit' the theme of the game, and Notch is arguably quite [s]lazy[/s] slow at updating, so a lot of things that are planned for the game just don't come out fast enough. Then there's player suggestions. :/

There are however, custom clients that allow you to put mods/texture packs you want in a folder and allows you to mix/match when you're in the starting screen.

Also, not sure if you were just using the infinite health as a specific example or just a general one, but it's called peaceful mode. XD

Infinite health implies that enemies still spawn, or at least I hope it implies that. Peaceful mode is cool and all, but if I can't fight enemies without losing health, that sucks.

I don't particularly want to fight enemies without losing health, but some people do, and it was a general example at best.

Archived