My First Set - Freezecore Dragons [9/???]

Zextra

10 members have voted

1. 1. How would this archtype do in competition?

Delta Freeze added!

@Kito - the whole point of this archetype is lockdown; However, I'll see what I can do about the Frigid Zone counters. However, I can't change the wording of Icicle Void to "This card cannot be Tributed" because of several reasons, the most prominent being Synchro and Exceed Summons, since they don't require "Tributing", but rather just "sending to the Graveyard".

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dude, you got some good card making skills. You should go get hired at Konami. jk. But anyhow, I like how you decided to use counters for things, but had it so it was all Ice Themed and Dragons.

Decent Pics, Ive seen a few before, but not bad. To top it all of, great work and if you were thinking about it, I'd like to see some cards that fight these so you could utilize a card that deals with fire and water cards. You don't have to obviously, but great work.

P.S I like your template, where did you get it and how did you add all the wordings and etc.

Great cards! Though, they seem sort of...op'd. For one, Neo Sapphire lets you summon the almighty Neo Blizzard, as well as the Neo Glacier. Also, this might be OCG, because I don't think you can put counters on card zones themselves, but you have to say, "That Spell andTrap card zone cannot be used" (getting this from Phantom Dragon/Ground Collapse). Also - Frigid Linker being able to nab any Freezecore from your Deck (including Neo Blizzard) seems a bit OP'd too, to me. But altogether, a great set. I'll give it a 10/10, simply because I love WATER dragons, and the artwork is amazing.

Thank you both very much for your detailed analysis. I will try to improve them based off of your suggestions. :D

@General White - The template is by Touma, which can be found in the Tutorials forum (I would post the link, but I'm on an iPod, so it's a bit hard...)

Sapphire: A little OP'ed

Glacier: A little OP'ed. Lower ATK.

Blizzard: Great, but last effect makes it OP'ed

Crystal: Great, but make it so that it can only destroy a monster with an Icicle Void Counter on it instead of any Counter

Colossus: Nice effect!

Engine: Either remove the first or last effect to balance it out.

Linker: I think it should be that when he is destroyed in order to add a a card to your hand, just not to get too many bonuses by synchroing.

Rain: Just awesome!

Wyrm: Good

Delta Freeze: :blink: :o

I like how they can lockdown, but still leave good opportunities to make a good play (if that makes sense). I would use them if they were real.

Where, may I ask, did you get the artwork for the New Synchro?

Thanks!

Sapphire has good ATK, can stall, and can Special Summon any Freezcore from the hand, making it OP.

Blizzard is already insane, and making it replace itself when it is gone, (i think it would do plenty of damage by then) makes it too good.

Glacier has just a little too much ATK, cause it can stall and search and pierce.

Engine can SS itself, had high ATK, can stall, and can bring out any Freezecore to take the place of it and another.

Great pics, great ocg, great effects. What can I say? Well, 9.9/10.

Next time can u please make the cards a little smaller, i had a little trouble reading it.

The other flaw? There needs to be more. (Sorry, I couldn't resist that rhyme.) These were real, I would get it SOON!

Ciao

Great cards! Although the second card's picture (in my opinion) looks like it came from google and the third card is kinda OP'ed ._.

In total 8/10

I wonder how well these would do against my "Metal" cards

EDIT: Oh and, please make them smaller, it makes it harder to read cause they're too big, just post the lores under them

it's good to see you again, Zextra

Time I returned to rating your cards

because so many of them allow you to summon other freezecore dragons to the field, there might be some you'd consider changing the max number of counters from 1 to 2, and that the effect requires BOTH counters removed, otherwise it can get abusive

9.1/10

Posted · Hidden by Zextra, April 13, 2011 - No reason given
Hidden by Zextra, April 13, 2011 - No reason given

Thanks, Rah! Great to see you too!

Also, it may just be because I'm tired right now, by which card are you referring to when you say "removing" the counters?

Archived