My First Set - Freezecore Dragons [9/???]

Zextra

10 members have voted

1. 1. How would this archtype do in competition?

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

it's not about the counters removed (sorry I'm just used to seeing cards with those effects)

What I'm saying is that it only takes ONE counter on a card to trigger the effect. That's a little too abusable. For some, you might want to change it to 2 counters instead

Oh, okay - Now I get what you mean.

I will definitely changes some of the Counters to have 2 - such as Frigid Zone; however, I feel that others (such as Icicle Void and Freeze Wrath) would become too slow when changed to 2, since it would normally require 2 cards to "freeze" just one monster.

). A monster with an Icicle Void Counter on it cannot be removed from the field except by battle and by your card effects is this the owner of the dragon or of the monster with the conter?

K Still Seam op to me and this is how.

Fisrt turn Neo-sapphaire summon 1 monster locked down. SS Freeze-colossus. SS Iceburg Engine 1spell/trap gone all game. Use colossus ability kill engine another spell/trap gone.

SS Linker Sincro linker Sincro linker and Neo-sapphaire for stardust(to further lockdown) bring another Iceburg Engine to hand. SS Iceburg Engine use abilty 3 spell/trap gone forever.

Attack, or wate to furter lockdown.

so end of turn 1. 3 monster on your field and 3 spell/trap gone for you opponet for the rest of the game.

Freaze core ar to fluint and have to much lockdown. for no real cost to themselves. u could esaly lock down every monster and spell and trap in just a few turns and then distry every monster and win in 1. they can search and special summon way to much and u can easly get 2-4 out a turn with no real cost to yoursel but permenetly stoping you opponent for the rest of the game. with cards like ojoma treo and ground colaps you can have them just sitting there all game wating for you to finish it. if/when u make support card that allow u to search for them and protect them they will grow far stronger far faster. i think they need Weekness to them like when it its removed form the field a conter goes with it or more conters to lockdown. or when you really stong monsters a summond u have to kill conter but use better ones and when they are distroyd they rmove all freaze conter on the field. or really any weekness to them at all as they are u can summon mass amounts of them and lockdown everything in just a turn or 2.

"your card effects" refers to the controller of the Freezecore Dragon.

I appreciate your input - However, your example is slightly misconcepted:

• First of all, it requires 2 Frigid Linker Counters in order to freeze 1 Spell/Trap Zone, so it would require twice the amount of cards that you listed to get rid of 3 of them.

• Second of all, it's highly unlikely that you will obtain all 5 cards that you mentioned (Neo Sapphire, Freeze Colossus, Iceberg Engine, Frigid Linker x2) at once, and if it gets past the first turn, your opponent will likely have counters.

• Third of all, they have a glaring weakness, as do all other usable archetypes: Special Summon Lockdowns - For example, Fossil Dyna Pachycephalo can single-handedly cripple the Freezecore's swarming ability, making them far too slow to do much damage.

it only said 1 when i was reading them a seccond agao

• Second of all, it's highly unlikely that you will obtain all 5 cards that you mentioned (Neo Sapphire, Freeze Colossus, Iceberg Engine, Frigid Linker x2) at once, and if it gets past the first turn, your opponent will likely have counters.

How so if u have 3x of each card in a 40 card deck you will deff start with at leat 1. throw soem draw power into deck and ull have 2 and make a freazcore search speell card for lvl 4 anf lower 3x that in a deck and u can get it or wors in a turn. but as i sad it only sed u need 1 conter a sec ago when i posted.

Fossil Dyna Pachycephalo is 1 card i dotn see it verry often to begin with and is weeker then all you dragons ATK point wise so kill it or distry it with a simpe tribte of the doomed. etc and your set to swarm aso if it is facedown and u freee conter it it can never flip unless attack and will be little to no threat.

I changed it 3 days ago when Rag suggested it:

Oh, okay - Now I get what you mean.

I will definitely changes some of the Counters to have 2 - such as Frigid Zone; however, I feel that others (such as Icicle Void and Freeze Wrath) would become too slow when changed to 2, since it would normally require 2 cards to "freeze" just one monster.

Also, I see your point so I will change it to make it more balanced.

EDIT: Alright, I changed the Frigid Linker Counters to be more balanced - I changed it to: A Spell or Trap Card Zone with 2 Frigid Zone Counters on it cannot be used while you control a "Freezecore Dragon" monster.

Collosus still seams kind op

While you control a Level 4 or higher "Freezecore Dragon" monster, you can Special Summon this card from your hand. While you control another "Freezecore Dragon" monster, this card cannot be selected as an attack target. Once per turn, you can Tribute a "Freezecore Dragon" monster you control (except this card) to place a number of Frigid Zone Counters (max. 2) on unoccupied Spell and Trap Card Zones equal or less than the number of "Freezecore Dragon" monsters you control. A Spell or Trap Card Zone with 2 Frigid Zone Counters on it cannot be used while you control a "Freezecore Dragon" monster.

i think it should be 1 no mater what and reason is because if you work mare on swarm and lock then you can esaly get 5 on the field and if 2-3 of the 5 are collosus then u have Locked all spell and trap card zones all game no matter what they do forever. that alone is op to me entirely because they are just tokens and come at no cost 2 u. all u need to do is summon the monsters. and lock down the spell and trap zones and then you opponents’ has to some hoe beat u with only monster cards. and I don’t think u can do it. the game is built for all 3 making a deck that can completely stop spell ad trap forever if you have the right hand or a few good cards is op. shure u might not be able to get it 1-3 turn every time but y bother dulling if i hade this deck i would Rush for the spell/trap lock because i know that when it is done there I cant loose. the other conters already stop every other threat i can think ove. u stop stardust from stopping you destruction with just 1 freeze counter he cant tribute himself so any level 4 in you deck stops stardust. and stops red archefed form attacking so he dies as well. can stop effect. and can summon a 2800 that can stop 2 monsters easy with no earl down side exspet he can only be SS by 1 of the 500 ways your freaze core dragons can bring him out.

I do love lockdown decks i ran 1 not to long ago with jinzo and horis lvl 8 and that was a lot harder to bring out and was a lot easer to counter with a lot of risk. this deck has almost no risk no real downside to you while u are locking down you opponent and no real way for them to stop u as there is no real anti contour cards u can use in mass.

I think u need to change a lot of thing in your cards such as an effect tin every or most freaze core dragons being if you have already ss a freazcor dragon this turn u can not ss another 1. that freazcore dragons of the same name cannot be on the field. That they cannot search for the cards of the same name as the 1 you a loosing. and when you more op dragons hit the field maybe they kill a few counters so it has some anti lock to its op lock.

just my thought on the matter. I can see plenty of places u can abuse this deck in many op ways. if u need help with anything or cant seam to see the op in the effects msg me ill help where i can. gl hf

Kito, it seems that the only thing that ticks you off are the Frigid Zone Counters. However, they only work while you have Freezecore Dragons out - if you waste them all on swarming, you won't have any left for the counters to work for. Also, there's a huge risk to swarming - you can get them all destroyed at once. Also, if these were real, cards that play a crucial role in permanently wrecking your opponent would probably be limited. My only aim to making this set was to make an archtype that is actually playable.

Plus, about swarming - your opponent would probably not let you get out more than 2-3 monsters at once. Trust me, I play at locals, and even when I use Blackwings, it's impossible to swarm more than 2 or 3 of them without getting them destroyed. Also, remember that Freeze Colossus actually requires a Tribute, and that in itself cuts a monster on your field, which lowers the number of Counters you can place. In addition, as I said, one card would kill the entire set: Fossil Dyna Pachycephalo...

I see that maybe one or two cards individually may be slightly OP'ed, but every archtype needs those to survive - you can't expect to win just by freezing your opponent's monsters, right? For example, Lightsworns have Judgment Dragon, Six Samurais have Shi En, the Dark Counterparts have Dark Armed Dragon. Therefore, the entire set would be nothing more than a joke if it were missing the ability to swarm and freeze.

Either way, I appreciate your thoughts, and I will be thinking of ways to make them more balanced yet still usable. Anyways, I will +1 rep you for your effort in trying to help.

e.g 2 Normal summon frozen wyrn, ss neo spear. ss coloses. ss iceberg engin. 1conter on 1 spell zone. tribute off engin 3 on field 3 conters 2 spell zones gone. ss coloses from deck using engin ability. "you control another "Freezecore Dragon" monster, this card cannot be selected as an attack target. " now can't be attack whiel 2 coloses on field. tribute off spear(with new coloses) id do not know id distryd conts as tribute im pritty shure it does not. 3 monster = 3 conters 3.5 spell/trap cards gone. only took 4 monsters in hand next trun can summon any freazcore dragon to remove a hole new spell/trap making it 4.5 only 1 conter till there all gone from there. also couls have ss Neo BLizzard if i wanted with engin throwing out a 2.9k monster and stoping a first turn judgement or stardust form ever geting it ability.

North-rain still make 2 spell/trap cards gone forever.

if i had linker i could have even more freazecor on field.

e.g with linker.

ns: Neo-spear ss: Coloses SS:engin ss: linker ss:Rain if any spell/or trap card face down they gone by rain. 1 conter from engin. coloses tribut engin 3=4 conters so far 2 gone.

ss engin 5 sincro link coloses and rain any combo not mater ill go with stardust again. use linker brin coloses to hand. ss:coloses. uses coloses ability tribute engin: 1 on field = 1conter +6 3 spell trap gone so far. with engin SS:coloses( to portect your coloses) another engin(to farther lock down spell and traps) Neo crysatal if u want to do soem burn.

another linker to farther sincro stardust for a accel sincro or w/e it is called. or nero Blizzard Dragon to Farther Beatstick you way in. if you oppoen had 1-2 facedown cards they are no locked for the rest fo the game becaus of Rain conters 2+3 =all 5. stardust now protects u in case of any outher mishaps.

sorry if 2 E.g seam so simaler but i only have like 6 card to work with so far But the point is they work so brokenly well togeather u can easly fill a field if u had double summon a few more draw cards or even when you do make freaze-core suport cards. they just seam to be to much lockdown at no real cost. even if they some how kill you hole field and then put down a trap card the second u get a dragon out they cant use the trap/spell card they set. blackwing is ok for swarm but Tele Dad was the major swarm, and when it was played right it was lockdown swarm and easly 3-4 monster with over 2.5k dmg in 1 turn. this is done rigth and with the right cards would be just as hard to stop.

Can't be asked to read though the whole thread, since I'm on my way to bed:

Neo Crystal's Summon from Graveyard effect can loop, and is too good in general anyway.

Neo Blizzard feels impractical.

You need to rule if the Counters behave like A-Counters, where their effects are made by monsters on the field, or if there's a special ruling for it (I believe that, so far, all counters do this, but you seem like you might want something different).

North Rain shuts down any 2 s/t for the cost of... getting field presence? I feel it's broken.

Frozen Wyrm is a madly searchable insta-synch. It's not much worse than Junk Synchron yet, but if it can ever insta-synch a good level 5 or lower Freezecore, then that draw could get broken.

Delta Freeze is almost entirely useless, unless it's used against a continuous trap, but those aren't all that common.

Alright. I reviewed you and Kito's comments. I will implement the "except (insert Freezecore here)" to all search and Special Summons to prevent looping.

I will make it so that North Rain's counters will require 2 counters to freeze a S/T.

Frozen Wyrm won't have many Lv. 5s if any, as all my planned Synchros range from Levels 6-10 (with Corona of course).

About the counters - they are supposed to be triggered while you have the Freezecores - the only ones I can see that are using a universal ruling are Freeze Wrath and Icicle Void.

Though it's not much, I'll give you both a +1 rep.

well how i think they can be fixed is this. first off iw would start all conters of with Freeze insted of all different. e.g (spell or magice freeze, freeze viod,

Neo-spher

When this card is Summoned, you can place an Icicle Void Counter on a monster on the field (max. 1). A monster with an Icicle Void Counter on it cannot be removed from the field except by battle and by your card effects. When this card is destroyed, you can Special Summon a "Freezecore Dragon" monster from your hand in face-up Attack Position

When this card is Summoned, you can place an Icicle Void Counter on a monster on the field (max. 1). A monster with an Icicle Void Counter on it cannot be removed from the field except by battle and by your card effects. When this card is destroyed By Battle and sent to the graveyard., you can Special Summon a "Freezecore Dragon" monster from your hand in face-up Attack Position.

Neo-glacer

When this card is Summoned, you can place an Icicle Void Counter on a monster on the field (max. 1). A monster with an Icicle Void Counter on it cannot be removed from the field except by battle and by your card effects. During battle between this attacking a card With a "Void"or "Freeze" Conter on it and a Defense Position monster whose DEF is lower than the ATK of this card, inflict the difference as Damage to your opponent. When this card is destroyed, you can add a Maby lvl 4 or lower? "Freezecore Dragon" monster from your Deck to your hand.

Neo-blizzard.

This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card cannot be Special Summoned except by the effect of a "Freezecore Dragon" monster. When this card is Summoned, you can place an Icicle Void Counter on a monster on the field (max. 1) and a Freeze Wrath Counter on a monster on the field (max. 1). A monster with an Icicle Void Counter on it cannot be removed from the field except by battle and by your card effects. A monster with a Freeze Wrath Counter on it cannot attack and its effects are negated. This card gains 300 ATK for each "Freezecore Dragon" monster in your Graveyard. When this card destroys a monster by battle, inflict damage to your opponent equal to the destroyed monster's ATK.

This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card cannot be Special Summoned except by the effect of a "Freezecore Dragon"monster.](as all monsters in your deck can ss this card with no real downside.) You can remove 4 "Freaze"Maby 6? conters on the field to special summon this card. When this card is Summoned, you can place an Icicle Void Counter on a monster on the field (max. 1) and a Freeze Wrath Counter on a monster on the field (max. 1). A monster with an Icicle Void Counter on it cannot be removed from the field except by battle and by your card effects. A monster with a Freeze Wrath Counter on it cannot attack and its effects are negated. This card gains 300 ATK for each "Freezecore Dragon" monster in your Graveyard. When this card destroys a monster by battle, inflict damage to your opponent equal to the destroyed monster's ATK.

and make his base ATK lower 2900 means with monste rin grave he is a 3100 maby 24-69 area and+200 ATK per freeze in grave.

neo-crystal

When this card is Summoned, you can place a Freeze Wrath Counter on a monster on the field (max. 1). A monster with a Freeze Wrath Counter on it cannot attack and its effects are negated. Once per turn, you can destroy a monster with a Counter on it and inflict damage to your opponent equal to the destroyed monster's Level x300. When this card is destroyed, you can Special Summon one "Freezecore Dragon" monster from your Graveyard(except a "Neo-crystal") in face-up Attack Position.

Colossus.

While you control a Level 4 or higher "Freezecore Dragon" monster, you can Special Summon this card from your hand. While you control another "Freezecore Dragon" monster, this card cannot be selected as an attack target. Once per turn, you can Tribute a "Freezecore Dragon" monster you control (except this card) to place a number of Frigid Zone Counters (max. 2) on unoccupied Spell and Trap Card Zones equal or less than the number of "Freezecore Dragon" monsters you control. A Spell or Trap Card Zone with 2 Frigid Zone Counters on it cannot be used while you control a "Freezecore Dragon" monster.

While you control a Level 4 or higher "Freezecore Dragon" monster, you can Special Summon this card from your hand. While you control another "Freezecore Dragon" monster, this card cannot be selected as an attack target. Once per turn, you can Tribute a "Freezecore Dragon" monster you control (except this card) to place a number of Frigid Zone Counters (max. 2) on unoccupied Spell and Trap Card Zones equal or less than the number of "Freezecore Dragon" monsters you control. A Spell or Trap Card Zone with 2 Frigid Zone Counters on it cannot be used while you control a "Freezecore Dragon" monster. You can only have 1 Colossus on the field at a time.

engine.

While you control another "Freezecore Dragon" monster, you can Special Summon this card from your hand. When this card is Summoned, you can place a Frigid Zone Counter on an unoccupied Spell or Trap Card Zone (max. 2). A Spell or Trap Card Zone with 2 Frigid Zone Counters on it cannot be used while you control a "Freezecore Dragon" monster. When this card is destroyed, you can Tribute a "Freezecore Dragon" monster you control to Special Summon a "Freezecore Dragon" monster in your Deck.

While you control another "Freezecore Dragon" monster, you can Special Summon this card from your hand.You can Special Summoned this card removing from play 2 "Freeze" conters on the field OR 1 Freeze monster from your Graveyard. When this card is Summoned, you can place a Frigid Zone Counter on an unoccupied Spell or Trap Card Zone (max. 2). A Spell or Trap Card Zone with 2 Frigid Zone Counters on it cannot be used while you control a "Freezecore Dragon" monster. When this card is destroyed,By battle and sent to the graveyard. This is only if the tribute thing is not there nice jobe adding it. you can Tribute a "Freezecore Dragon" monster you control to Special Summon a "Freezecore Dragon" monster in your Deck.

North rain

When this card is Normal Summoned, you can add a "Freezecore Dragon" Tuner monster from your Deck to your hand. While you control a face-up Tuner monster, you can Special Summon this card from your hand. When this card is Special Summoned by its own effect, you can place up to 2 Ice Force Counters on Spell or Trap Cards your opponent controls (max. 1). A face-up Spell or Trap Card that has an Ice Force Counter on it has its effect negated. A face-down Spell or Trap Card that has an Ice Force Counter on it cannot be activated

When this card is Normal Summoned, you can add a "Freezecore Dragon" Tuner monster from your Deck to your hand. While you control a face-up Tuner monster, you can Special Summon this card from your hand. When this card is Special Summoned by its own effect, you can place up to 2 Ice Force Counters on Spell or Trap Cards your opponent controls (max. 2). A face-up Spell or Trap Card that has an Ice Force Counter on it has its effect negated. A face-down Spell or Trap Card that has 2 Ice Force Counter on it cannot be activated

wyrn

When this card is Normal Summoned, you can Special Summon a Level 4 or lower "Freezecore Dragon" monster from your hand or Deck. A monster Summoned by this effect cannot attack and has its effect negated. Once per turn, you can Tribute a "Freezecore Dragon" monster you control (except this card) to place up to 2 Icicle Void Counters on monsters on the field (max. 1). A monster with an Icicle Void Counter on it cannot be removed from the field except by battle and by your card effects. When this card is used as a Synchro Material Monster for the Synchro Summon of a "Freezecore" Synchro monster, you can draw 1 card.

When this card is Normal Summoned, you can Special Summon a Level 4 or lower "Freezecore Dragon" monster from your hand or Deck. A monster Summoned by this effect cannot attack and has its effect negated. Once per turn, you can Tribute a "Freezecore Dragon" monster you control (except this card) to place up to 2 Icicle Void Counters on monsters on the field (max. 1). A monster with an Icicle Void Counter on it cannot be removed from the field except by battle and by your card effects. When this card is used as a Synchro Material Monster for the Synchro Summon of a "Freezecore" Synchro monster, you can draw 1 card.

this is wut it think it need to be more balansed. but this might all be mute if theas are like the top tear of the deck and the rest of your Freeze monsters ar vanelas and weeker freezemonsters.

still need to see spell and trap support 2 befor i can make a fully tru judgement on op or not clearly.

Archived