Pokemon Black and White Extended Edition

Kuri

I'm a total n00b at ROM hacking I only know so much about emulating too (which seems pretty easy tho) so I'll need a decent number of staff members working to release the first ever ROM hack on YCM- Officially. Because apparently YCM has not released a ROM hack ever before (not surprising because the site is based on cards).

The reason I want to hack Pokemon BW is because I "beat" the game in only 4 days (which was basically my entire 4 day weekend) and fastest time ever and I was completely new to the Unova region at that time so I didn't know much. NO Walkthroughs, hacks, or anything just me playing. I beat SS slower than this and I played the original game before (1 weeks and just the main story).

And so here is how it goes....

I won't be changing anything much just extending the story. Making most of the Pokemon WI FI events a must do (Victini Event). Character sprites will be changed to look as if some time has gone by. I will also try to give back that HG/SS overworld walking a return to BW. There are a few big changes though.

-The main character's partner is Zorua
-You can get all 3 Unova Starters
-You have 3 rivals
-Some changes to Gyms
-End credits edited to have all of staff names (Username)

These are only ideas but I hope to make them possible with help of the many talented people of YCM.
[i][center]
Staff Positions[/center][/i]

[center][b]Storyline[/b]

Kuri

Ghostmyth

♫♪GoldenBoy♪♫
[b]
Spriters[/b]

IcyBlue

Lief

♫♪GoldenBoy♪♫

[b]Map Designers[/b]
ZombiePigman

.Kowalski
[b]Text Editors[/b]

[b]Character Designers[/b]

[/center]

Hope you can help me out. Anyways the game will not be called Pokemon Black and White extended edition or just the plain old name. The official name is still in process.

Hope you can help me out. Though this may take months I don't want you to be entirely committed to this project and not forget about irl problems.

Staff positions are always open just post below ideas also accepted.

Links
http://www.pokecommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37 (for tools)
-Reserved for White ROM hack download
-Reserved for Black ROM hack download

[b]To help sprout out ideas from the community here is a simple question:[/b] [i]What is Pokemon Black and White missing that you wanted to see?[/i]

[center]Each version will have the storyline + version exclusive Pokemon which is why we will be hacking both.
[ROM needs an official name]
Name list
-------[/center]

****Anyone can freely discuss reasonably here about the ROM.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ROM hacking? I don't think so. Owning a clean ROM without the actual game- yes.

A battle frontier? Maybe...let's just see if there are some decent tools to make it. By battle frontier you mean from the anime, emerald style, or D/P/PL/HG/SS style?

[quote name='Masochistic Joker' timestamp='1299817362' post='5066112']
Modifying a game in any way that it shouldn't be is illegal
[/quote]
Wrong. Notice how cheat devices are legal? Hacking is legal.

[quote name='Masochistic Joker' timestamp='1299817362' post='5066112']
as is the handing out of roms. You have to give out the patch that modifies the game for it to be legal.
[/quote]
This however, is correct.

[quote name='ADHD-Guitar' timestamp='1299818952' post='5066151']
No, it was always legal, Apple just tried to make people think it was illegal to save money.
[/quote]

you mean make people think it was illegal to make more money right? people saving money that will totally defeat the purpose of them getting rich lol

[quote name='Tomiix' timestamp='1300044169' post='5071654']
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVXCr6upWUo

dont get roms just wait for a guide or explore. Hacking ruins the fun.
[/quote]
You've just won the "Imissedthepoint Award", congrats. So, by your logic, ASMT and An SMWC Production arn't fun because it's a hack of Super Mario World. There is a difference between Hacking to noclip and hacking to add new content. And how does that first sentience have anything to do with the current topic?

I would help, but the last time I hacked a Pokemon rom was awhile ago, maybe I could be a mapper if anything.

[quote name='ZombiePigman' timestamp='1300050570' post='5071901']
You've just won the "Imissedthepoint Award", congrats. So, by your logic, ASMT and An SMWC Production arn't fun because it's a hack of Super Mario World. There is a difference between Hacking to noclip and hacking to add new content. And how does that first sentience have anything to do with the current topic?I would help, but the last time I hacked a Pokemon rom was awhile ago, maybe I could be a mapper if anything.
[/quote]
That's fine the more people we have the earlier and faster we can get this done. I'll add you.

[quote name='Icyblue' timestamp='1300055520' post='5072040']
I can sprite if you like =/... If you want an example, drop me a PM about a task you'd have in mind.
[/quote]
Cool. I'll be sending the pm.

Archived