[img]http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20090714013507/yugioh/images/thumb/e/ee/DustTornadoDTP1-EN-DCPR-DT.png/300px-DustTornadoDTP1-EN-DCPR-DT.png[/img]
"Destroy 1 Spell or Trap Card your opponent controls. You can then Set 1 Spell or Trap Card from your hand."

It's been gaining side and main deck attention a lot lately. Its second effect would make it superior to MST if it weren't for the simple fact that this can't be activated as soon as you draw it. I guess you can use it for a psyche-out card to your opponent's removal, then destroy 1 of their cards before setting another.

However, I'm curious about whether or not it's useful to use its other effect or not, the one that allows you to set another S/T from your hand. Are there any cards this would be useful for, being able to activate them as soon as it comes your turn? Only one that comes off the top of my mind is "Non-Aggression Area".

[quote name='Canadian' timestamp='1300221353' post='5075582']
It's secondary effect isn't that amazing since you can't activate the set card's effect that turn.
[/quote]

Its main use is for traps that can only be activated during your own turn. Y'know, the kind that usually gets tossed out as trash.

Wouldn't it also be good to set S/T that needs to be destroyed face down? use Dust Tornado to destroy one card then use its second effect to set a card thats gonna get destroyed by a spell or effect aka heavy storm and then be able to use the set cards effect when it is destroyed.

[quote name='slayer_supreme' timestamp='1300231073' post='5075854']
Heavy Storm is banned now. Also, since chain resolve backward, any Trap you set would still be destroyed by Heavy Storm.
[/quote]

Whaa? Heavy storm banned geez its a good job i don't really play it now except from computer variants as the y are killing the game with all these bans, granted a good handful on the ban list deserves the ban but getting rid of certain cards like this is seriously pushing it.
The way they are going sooner or later they'll just put a ban on all their cards, Heavy storm had always been a staple in my decks as it calls for either good timing or deciding if you wanna lose a few cards to help even out the field.

[quote name='riicky83' timestamp='1300314725' post='5077561']
Whaa? Heavy storm banned geez its a good job i don't really play it now except from computer variants as the y are killing the game with all these bans, granted a good handful on the ban list deserves the ban but getting rid of certain cards like this is seriously pushing it.
The way they are going sooner or later they'll just put a ban on all their cards, Heavy storm had always been a staple in my decks as it calls for either good timing or deciding if you wanna lose a few cards to help even out the field.
[/quote]
No shut the f*** up Heavy Storm [i]deserves[i] it.

Archived