Exceed Monsters & Summons

[b][u]Exceed Monsters[/u][/b][list]
[*]Exceed Monsters are black-colored, stylized with shooting stars around the card frame.
[*]They are placed in your Extra Deck
[*]Instead of Level, they have Ranks
[*]Rank is not treated as a Level, so cards like Gravity Bind don't affect Exceed Monsters[/list]

[u][b]Exceed Summon[/b][/u][list]
[*]Exceed Summon is a type of a Special Summon
[*]To Exceed Summon an Exceed Monster, you have to control the Exceed Material Monsters listed on an Exceed Monsters. So far, they are always monsters with the same Levels as Exceed's Rank, thought they wary in number of monsters needed
Then, you stack the materials together and place the Exceed Monster on the top of them
[*]Exceed Material Monsters are not sent to the Graveyard
[*]Various effects make use of Exceed Material Monsters. "Removing an Exceed Material Monster" is simply taking it from the bottom of an Exceed Monster and putting it in the Graveyard. This is not treated as sending that monster to the Graveyard, so effects like Sangan will not trigger
[*]Tokens cannot be used as Exceed Material Monsters
[*]If an Exceed Monster is flipped face-down, it's Exceed Material Monsters are not removed from it.[/list]

So now we have everything we have to know about Exceeds. So, discuss how will Exceeds impact the game, and are they spuerior or inferior to Synchros?

Well the fact that Tokens can't be used is pretty good, as we would've been seeing Tokens left and right.
Now, I'm Gonna buy the Generation Force Pack and Starter Deck and make an epic Exceed Deck thingy.

I'm pretty sure when we get more Exceeds, they are gonna be just as powerful, if not, almost as powerful as Synchros.

[quote name='.Kowalski' timestamp='1300313347' post='5077511']
At first, people were complaining on Synchros too. And now what?
[/quote]
*sigh*

Didn't we discuss this already? We got some of the most powerful Synchros in the first pack, the only problem was ease of summoning - if you didn't notice, we don't have that problem anymore. Exceeds can arrive ridiculously easily, but at best have decent effects. It doesn't matter what Rank Exceed it is, we can make it (on the first turn)...but would we want to? I mean, if you had Flamvell Firedog and Magician out, how long would it take you to pick between Stardust and Emperor Hope?

Now, on to the mechanics:
*The rules for Exceeds will have to SPECIFICALLY state that effects activated when the monster is sent to the Graveyard don't activate, otherwise 'removing an Exceed Material' would still be a form of sending to the Graveyard, just like Releasing.

* Tokens should be usable for Exceeds, just not be Overlaid.

[quote name='Dr. Cakey' timestamp='1300314714' post='5077560']
I mean, if you had Flamvell Firedog and Magician out, how long would it take you to pick between Stardust and Emperor Hope?[/quote]
You have Firedog and any level 4 monster in your deck besides Magician out. How long will it take you to decide between Stardust and Hope?

The point is, Exceeds don't require you to run Tuners. If you have 2 Non-tuners, or 1 tuner and 1 non-tuner, or 2 Tuners out of the same level, you can use them for an Exceed. It's that versatility that makes them in some ways better than Synchros.

basically Exceed monster's purpose was to send underlaid monsters to graveyard for effect activations. but there have not been any overlaid and underlaid terms in this game till now. I come across the overlaid and unlaid terms during Duel Master but not sure if MTG had before or after.

so exceed monsters send underlaid monsters to Graveyard and who know when they will make a mechanic to reverse the situation, have Overlaid monster destroyed to protect a underlaid monster xD. it just speculation, would this reverse situation break the game badly?

so far rank 3 and 4 monsters are not bad of course, Disigma is pretty good since it require 3 level 4 monsters so 3 underlaid monsters with a little to none drawback at all

this mechanic with Exceed material monsters is almost like they're are "battery" to keep their ability functional and get weaken after they're gone. that so far i seen with aspiring hope, revised dragon, but i doubt the same can be said to disigma and other rank 3 monster.

[quote name='Yusei & Akiza' timestamp='1300319271' post='5077723']
this mechanic with Exceed material monsters is almost like they're are "battery" to keep their ability functional and get weaken after they're gone. that so far i seen with aspiring hope, revised dragon, but i doubt the same can be said to disigma and other rank 3 monster.
[/quote]
Well seeing how that only applied to the "No." Exceeds, they maybe the only ones getting the drawbacks. But we will have to wait for the other Exceeds to be sure.

[quote name='Chihaya Kisaragi' timestamp='1300320063' post='5077755']
Well seeing how that only applied to the "No." Exceeds, they maybe the only ones getting the drawbacks. But we will have to wait for the other Exceeds to be sure.
[/quote]

yes you're right though it might be just mostly No. monsters but who know.

So far theres no way to give them more overlaid monsters, leaving them useless after a few turns. And on another not sense tokens cant be used, they can't be brought out and abused as much as people had hoped. For now Im going to say that Synchros are better, but I will say Exceeds will get more broken with time.

Archived