Jigen Bakudan

[center][img]http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20061106070306/yugioh/images/thumb/3/32/JigenBakudanMRL-NA-C-UE.jpg/300px-JigenBakudanMRL-NA-C-UE.jpg[/img][/center]

[spoiler=lore]FLIP: After this card is flipped, offer it as a Tribute during your Standby Phase to destroy all monsters on your side of the field and inflict Direct Damage equal to half of the total ATK of the destroyed cards (excluding this monster) to your opponent's Life Points.[/spoiler]

I have the strangest urge to make a deck with this card as the focus. Anyways, discuss.

It'll be without the damage part, but you have more chances of causing a similar effect by reviving a Scrap Searcher to your opponent's field with Give and Take. Also even more chances of doing a Norleras with Phantom of Chaos... or Neo Daedalus if you want...

The best I can think of Jigen Bakudan is:

Set it > Book of Taiyou > Creature Swap > Nightmare Archfiend Tokens
800x3 Tokens (by their effects) and 2000x3 for this card = 8400. Pretty hard I guess. Not to mention I don't even know if it'll actually perform a legit explosion during your opponent's Standby Phase if I give it with Creature Swap or not.

[quote name='sleepy' timestamp='1300767388' post='5088923']
The best I can think of Jigen Bakudan is:

Set it > Book of Taiyou > Creature Swap > Nightmare Archfiend Tokens
800x3 Tokens (by their effects) and 2000x3 for this card = 8400. Pretty hard I guess. Not to mention I don't even know if it'll actually perform a legit explosion during your opponent's Standby Phase if I give it with Creature Swap or not.
[/quote]

Things to mention about Jigen Bakudan:

1) The successful resolution of the FLIP effect only give it the MANDATORY Trigger Effect that's printed on the card. The Mandatory Trigger Effect activates during the Standby Phase of the player who is controlling Jigen Bakudan at the time as their effect.

2) The Mandatory Trigger Effect is Chainable, so cards like Barrel Behind the Door and Stardust Dragon can be used.

3) It is only half true what the wikia says about My Body As a Shield and Prime Material Dragon. You cannot activate My Body as a Shield or Prime Material Dragon, but this only applies to when the FLIP effect activates. You CAN use My Body as a Shield or Prime Material Dragon when the Mandatory Trigger Effect activates during the Standby Phase.

Doing what you posted here, giving your opponent Jigen Bakudan will only force them to destroy all those tokens and inflict damage to YOU for Jigen Bakudan's effect. Also, notice that Jigen Bakudan inflicts damage equal to "half the ATK" of the destroyed monsters, not the full ATK. So doing your combo would Inflict 800x3 damage to your opponent (due to Nightmare Tokens being destroyed), but 1000x3 Damage to YOU through Jigen Bakudan's effect (as it is their effect inflicting damage to you).

[quote name='Ghostmyth' timestamp='1300850119' post='5090913']
Random little "notice" tidbit.

Notice: It does not say the total original attack.
[/quote] I know what the card does, if you have more than three monsters with high ATK on your side of the Field and you flip summon Jigen Bakudan and your Opponent is at I dunno maybe around 4500 Life Points, even with half of the original ATK of the three or more high ATK monsters with the effect of Jigen could inflict a decent chunk of damage to your Opponent.

Archived