New Law Passed By Congress

Masochistic Joker

Currently there is a bill on Obama's desk that somehow got through while violating the constitution. Due to the Tea Party Republicans being majority now. We have bible thumpers preaching god without knowing a damn thing. The bill would allow schools to post "In God we Trust" around the school. This violates Separation of Church which is apart of the US constitution and the bible itself. Matthew 22:21 Now I will be protesting along with many other people but I'm curious on your thoughts on this subject and please no discussion on religion or I'll have this locked. Purely politics people.

It allows them, you say? Then that is not unconstitutional. It is not mandatory.

Prayer is not banned from schools, it is banned from being mandatory.

If the school chooses to put them up, so be it.

Is it something that is prudent? Probably not, but the school chooses to do it or not.

Also, I fail to see what Matthew 22:21 has to do with this

I agree wit Larxene, and all the other posters in this thread for that matter. If anything, isn't this going WITH the first ammendment? Both freedom of speech AND freedom of religion. Although I may be completley wrong, to tell the truth, I don't know an awful lot about the constitution, or the amendments.

[quote name='Wahrheit' timestamp='1300943773' post='5092997']
If my school includes it I will rip them a new one.

atheist power etc
[/quote]

I'd love your school if they made recite The Pledge of Allegiance.

Separation of Church and State which is apart of the US constitution (that was put in and the whole reason why people came to america in the first place to have religious freedom away form the goverment)

its in the US constitution (so people can do what they want)

so it can not slide because its in the US constitution but if some sanfu happens and they allow it then that bull "turd"

im strongly agaist it we should keep Church and State Separate

The Constitution states that there can be no law respecting or restricting of the practice of religion. So, technically, [b]not allowing[/b] a school to post a religious banner or some crap like that is in violation of the Constitution.

Seriously though, get your head out of your ass. If seeing "In God We Trust" offends you, you really need to expand your mind a little. What you're saying is that you're offended by someone having a different opinion than you and having to be reminded about that opinion.

Unless of course this law would force schools to do this, which would in fact be unconstitutional, but you said [b]allow.[/b]

[quote name='Tsukasa Hiiragi' timestamp='1300978563' post='5093414']
So we can't restrict the ways you can express how you're athiest, but you can restrict how we show we're Christian? Expain please.
[/quote]

<3 You for that.

Allow me to make this simple.

1: A law stating that putting in god we trust is allowed in unneeded and unnecessary. It clearly states freedom of speech in the first amendment of the constitution, which by the way, is one of the most important, if not THE most important part of the constitution.

2: Schools can do whatever they want, and everyone is allowed to express themselves the way they want. If an atheist tells me what they think of my religion, or don't think of it, then fine. I'll be irritated, but won't try being all oppressive to them about it. However the moment an atheist tries telling ME what to do and how to think and saying what I can and count do where religion or anything else is concerned, then insofar as their doing so violates the first amendment, I will reply with a hearty f*** you, go to hell, and don't you DARE try telling me when I wouldn't do the same to you.

3: Nobody is being forced to do anything. It's unneeded, but it states that it's allowed. So while it is unnecessary, it is in a way reaffirming a part of what the first amendment is all about. So in a way, protesting against that is like protesting against the first amendment, which is something that I find very hard to believe that anyone would do, and anyone who would do that immediately loses my respect.

In short Masochisitic Joker, shut up and go home. There's nothing to protest about and no need to incite unrest.

Also, where do I go to lodge complaints.

[quote name='Tsukasa Hiiragi' timestamp='1300978563' post='5093414']
So we can't restrict the ways you can express how you're athiest, but you can restrict how we show we're Christian? Expain please.
[/quote]

It must be noted that practically no one has been killed in the name of Atheism or Anti-Theism, though millions have gone to their graves in the name of God. Think of the massacres and gang-rapes of the Old Testament, the Crusades, the Evangelicals who murder abortion doctors and bomb clinics. Think of the countless numbers of children who have been molested and raped by Catholic priests. Think of the Salem Witch Trials, the innocent old women who were scapegoated. Stalin was an atheist, but he didn't kill forty million of his countrymen in the name of atheism. He did it for power. The crusaders killed in the name of God, and died for a non-existent entity filled with lies and false hope.

That little rant actually had little to do with the weeaboo's post, strangely. I think that faith schools are wrong and I don't think children should be told what to believe, but "In God We Trust" has long been a patriotic expression. It's religious connotations are often ignored. So deal with it, go and protest about something worse, like religious charities telling Africans not to use condoms or the US Government still preventing anyone in Africa undergoing charity HIV treatment from using prostitutes. The First Amendment means that the government should have never had to pass this law. Separation of Church and State means that religion should not be forced down children's throats in school, not that things that are famous for representing patriotism should be censored.

[quote name='Mikhail Tal' timestamp='1300984852' post='5093530']
It must be noted that practically no one has been killed in the name of Atheism or Anti-Theism, though millions have gone to their graves in the name of God. Think of the massacres and gang-rapes of the Old Testament, the Crusades, the Evangelicals who murder abortion doctors and bomb clinics. Think of the countless numbers of children who have been molested and raped by Catholic priests. Think of the Salem Witch Trials, the innocent old women who were scapegoated. Stalin was an atheist, but he didn't kill forty million of his countrymen in the name of atheism. He did it for power. The crusaders killed in the name of God, and died for a non-existent entity filled with lies and false hope.

That little rant actually had little to do with the weeaboo's post, strangely. I think that faith schools are wrong and I don't think children should be told what to believe, but "In God We Trust" has long been a patriotic expression. It's religious connotations are often ignored. So deal with it, go and protest about something worse, like religious charities telling Africans not to use condoms or the US Government still preventing anyone in Africa undergoing charity HIV treatment from using prostitutes. The First Amendment means that the government should have never had to pass this law. Separation of Church and State means that religion should not be forced down children's throats in school, not that things that are famous for representing patriotism should be censored.
[/quote]

Your second paragraph is spot-on, but the first... eh...

Why should I care that people that shared the same Religion as me are murderers? They were murderers, I'm not. It's not my problem.

[quote name='Mikhail Tal' timestamp='1300984852' post='5093530']

[/quote]

I would agree COMPLETLY on this, except that, while there may be no recorder history of it, there may have been many murders of christians, jews, catholics etc. commited by aethiests.
And that I belive in God, but thats irelivant to the actuall logic of your post. Either way, the bottom has an amazing point

[quote name='Wang Fire' timestamp='1301004555' post='5094236']
I would agree COMPLETLY on this, except that, while there may be no recorder history of it, there may have been many murders of christians, jews, catholics etc. commited by aethiests.
[/quote]

I don't know how to respond this to this without sounding too blunt, but I think I'll go with an old YCM saying: "Lies and retarded". What next, the Freemasons are secretly spiking Doritos with Rohypnol so they can take over the world?

[quote name='Shadow Zero' timestamp='1300983405' post='5093496']
Allow me to make this simple.

1: A law stating that putting in god we trust is allowed in unneeded and unnecessary. It clearly states freedom of speech in the first amendment of the constitution, which by the way, is one of the most important, if not THE most important part of the constitution.

2: Schools can do whatever they want, and everyone is allowed to express themselves the way they want. If an atheist tells me what they think of my religion, or don't think of it, then fine. I'll be irritated, but won't try being all oppressive to them about it. However the moment an atheist tries telling ME what to do and how to think and saying what I can and count do where religion or anything else is concerned, then insofar as their doing so violates the first amendment, I will reply with a hearty f*** you, go to hell, and don't you DARE try telling me when I wouldn't do the same to you.

3: Nobody is being forced to do anything. It's unneeded, but it states that it's allowed. So while it is unnecessary, it is in a way reaffirming a part of what the first amendment is all about. So in a way, protesting against that is like protesting against the first amendment, which is something that I find very hard to believe that anyone would do, and anyone who would do that immediately loses my respect.

In short Masochisitic Joker, shut up and go home. There's nothing to protest about and no need to incite unrest.

Also, where do I go to lodge complaints.
[/quote]
Actually there is a Judicial court ruling on this as well. Open prayers and such aren't allowed until after hours. I could probably find the ruling and it doesn't offend me. Purely the fact that Tea Party Republicans claim to know the bible when they didn't bother to read Matthew 22:21 much like the guy above that is wondering what that verse has to do with this.

[quote name='Masochistic Joker' timestamp='1301011390' post='5094597']
Actually there is a Judicial court ruling on this as well. Open prayers and such aren't allowed until after hours. I could probably find the ruling and it doesn't offend me. Purely the fact that Tea Party Republicans claim to know the bible when they didn't bother to read Matthew 22:21 much like the guy above that is wondering what that verse has to do with this.
[/quote]
Matthew 22:21 says give to Caesar what is Caesar's and to God what is God's =/ That has nothing to do with this.

Also, BANNING open prayer in school is illegal.

Archived