Gainer Monster & Evolution Summoning

Ever since Exceed Monster come with new rulings now Underlaid monsters are added to YGO although it's not really "top of the line" new for underlaid monster since it was seen Duel Master (Duel Master heavily use monster overlaying a monster there for evolution monsters) but i'm not sure about MTG though.

this is idea of evolution monsters that an gainer monster evolve into a form that is relevant to its nature such as name or type. This is an opposition of Exceed Monster seemingly because Exceed monster use their own underlaid monsters for themselves while so Evolution monster protect the underlaid monster This point forms may be more simple to understand.

[b][u]Gainer Monster:[/u][/b]
- Type/Gainer (E.I. Dragon/Gainer)
- They are additional conditions to effect monsters and vanillas
- They are place in the main decks
- They gain a new type of counter called "Stage Counter" after they attack.
- They become Evolution Material Monsters when they are overlaid

[b][u]Stage Counter:[/u][/b]
- The Stage Counters are used to remove from a Gainer Monster to equal to the Stage of an Evolution Monster's to Evolution Summon.
- Its not affect by card effect that remove general counters except cards that specify "Stage Counter"
- The Stage Counters on a Gainer Monster when it was removed from the field has its Stage counters reset to 0
- When a Gainer monster Evolution Summoned, the leftover Counter its has moved to the Evolution monster.

[u][b]How to Evolution Summon: [/b][/u]
During in your Battle Phase, a Gainer monster must have attacked while having stage counters or after gaining it in order to Evolution Summon. When its does, place the Evolution Monster of the correct requirement of the Gainer Monster and place on the top of that card. The respective Battle position of the Evolution Material Monster must be face up and the same as the Evolution Monster’s battle position.

[u][b]Evolution Monster:[/b][/u]
-The colour of the card is Light blue
-They have Stage so cards that deal with Level and Rank don't apply to this
-The Stage are depicted by a row of yellow Stars in White Orbs (as apart from level and Rank) that extend onward in the middle side of the card (between where Rank and level would be depicted.)
- Evolution Monster are placed on the top of a Gainer Monster
- Evolution Monster's requirement of Gainer Monster are primarily in name or Type but level or attribute are secondary requirement that may varies on Evolution Monsters
- After its was Evolution Summoned, it cannot attack in the same turn it was Summoned unless it have a Stage Counter
- When Evolution Monster is destroyed by battle or card effect, remove from play, or returned, that monster returned to the Extra Deck and the Evoltuion Material Monster is not destroyed.
- Evolution Monster cannot be special summon in any circumstances other than Evolution Summon (meaning cards for example like Temple of the King doesn’t work on those cards!!!)
- Evolution Monster gain the effect of the Evolution Material Monster as primary addition to its effects

[u][b]Evolution Material Monster:[/b][/u]
-Evolution Material Monster is not destroyed while having an Evolution Monster overlaid.
-Evolution Material Monster is treated as if it was not on the field.
-If the Evolution Material Monster is destroyed, the Evolution Monster is destroyed as well and it is return to the Extra Deck

Name: Pyro Pulse Dragonoid
Level: 4
Attribute: Fire
Type: Dragon/Gainer
ATK:1700/DEF:1100
Effect: When this card battle with a monster, before damage calculation, inflicts 100 damage to both players times the level of that monster and reduces that monster’s ATK by that amount. When this card is used as an Evolution Material Monster for an Evolution Summon of a FIRE evolution Monster, select 1 monster your opponent control, that monster lose 300 ATKx and DEF

Name: Flame Pulse Dragoren
Stage: 1
Type: Dragon/Evolution
ATK: 2100/DEF:1500
Effect: “Pyro Pulse Dragonoid” + 1 or more Stage Counter
When this card is Evolution Summoned, All other Fire Monsters you control gain 100 ATK times their Level. When this card is destroyed by a Trap card, the Gainer Monster that was used as an Evolution Material Monster, can reduce its ATK to 0 until your next Standby Phase and inflict Damage to your opponent equal to half of its Original ATK.

Name: Volcanic Pulse Doragon
Stage: 3
Type: Dragon/Evolution
ATK: 2500/DEF: 1900
Effect: "Pyro Pulse Dragonoid" + 2 or more Stage Counter
Once per turn, Select 1 non-FIRE or WATER Monster your opponent control, reduce that monster’s ATK by half and inflict damage to your opponent equal to the amount that monster’s ATK lost. When this card is destroyed by a Spell or Trap Card, The Gainer Monster that was used as an Evolution Material Monster, its ATK become 0 until your Next Standby Phase then gains half of its Original ATK until the End Phase of that turn

Name: Bashful Ninja
Attribute: Earth
Level 3
Type: Warrior/Gainer
ATK: 1100/DEF: 800
Effect: When this card battle with a monster, pay 700 life points, before damage calculation, you can move this card to an unoccupied Monster Zone, neither this card or that monster can replay their attack. When this card is used as a Evolution Material Monster for Evolution Summon, your opponent must discard their next draw.

Name: Hurricane Shinobi
Attribute: Wind
Stage: 2
Type: Warrior/Evolution
ATK: 1900/DEF:1700
Effect: 1 "Ninja" monster + 2 or more Stage Counters
When this battle with a non-WIND monster, you can pay 500, to return that monster to the top of your opponent's Deck. When an effect of a Trap card that would destroy a monster(s) you can return this card to your Extra Deck and special Summon it at the End Phase. The Evolution Material Monster is flipped face-down in the Same battle Position as this card was while this card is returned to Extra Deck and flip it face-up when this card is Special Summoned. (Evolution Material Monster being flipped face-up does not cause an effect to activate in chain.)

Name: Evolution Advancement
Spell: Normal
Effect: Select 1 Evolution Monster you control, return that monster to your Extra Deck then Special Summon an Evolution Monster that a Gainer monster had an Evolution Monster returned this way, 1 Stage higher. This Special Summon is treated as Evolution Summon.

Name:Devolution blast
Trap: Normal
Effect: Return 1 Evolution Monster you control to destroy 1 monster your opponent can control, That Gainer Monster of the destroyed Evolution Monster cannot gain Stage Counter this turn.

Oh boy this is a lot of work just for giving people idea of this.
  • Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[quote name='Yusei & Akiza' timestamp='1301596633' post='5102695']
Well most summonIngs tend to be similar in a way or another but this is more about evolving, not exactly like pokemon's way, just digimon's evolution way cos it make sense to me somehow. This is a complete reversal of exceed since this protect the underpaid monster instead
[/quote]

I guess so...
well i guess i will try a bit more idea for this, although i dunno what to do next after i go on developing more O.o

Name: Silent Spearsman
Attribute: LIGHT
Level: 3
Type: Warrior/Gainer
ATK: 1100/DEF: 600
Effect: When this card attack a Defense Position monster, destroy it without applying damage calculation. Negate the effects of Effect Monsters destroy by this card. When this card is used as an Evolution Material Monster for an Evolution Summon, next time when your opponent would activate an effect of an Effect Monster from their Hand, negate that monster's effect.

Name: Silent Dragoon
Attribute: LIGHT
Stage: 2
Type: Warrior/Evolution
ATK: 2300/DEF:1600
Effect: "Silent Spearsman" + 2 or more Stage Counters
This card can attack twice in a row. Negate the effects of Effect Monsters destroy by this card. When this card would be destroyed by a card effect, destroy 1 card your opponent controls.

Name: Evolutionized Wave
Trap: Continuous
Effect: Each time you Evolution Summon an Evolution Monster, lower your opponent's monsters' ATKs by 100 times the Stage of the Evolution Monster.

Name: Experience Boost!
Spell: Normal
Effect: Discard any number of card, When a gainer Monster attack this turn, it gains a Stage Counter equal to the number of cards discard by this effect. Gainer Monsters cannot Evolution Summoned this turn.
[quote name='Horu' timestamp='1302152925' post='5119936']
So these are kinda a cross between Union and Exceed monsters?
[/quote]

well it can be looked at that way, although it's a reverse purpose for underlaid monster since exceed monsters remove EMMS from themselves to either protect themselves or activated effects. i wish i can play test them to see how well they can perform though :/

since now the rulings of underlaid monster that was announced recently, it mean it apply the same for this, because while been overlaid by evolution monster, it is treated as if it not on the field either.
[quote name='wiithepeople' timestamp='1301583845' post='5102433']
This also looks similar to the Reverse Summon mechanic I started. Good job on these cards!
[/quote]

you started ???

i made a reverse and reverser subtype and started a topic on it (it was quite a while ago)

now to this seem pretty complex

(make a video to demostrate ???)

i think visual add will help out alot

maybe use paper (you do not have to into great effort for this as long we know which card in the card you wrote on here it is)

but im VERY VERY INTERESTED IN THIS if i was not doing my own subtype i would consider a the new era in the game

maybe put this in the realistic card forum ??? (WHEN YOU MAKE THE CARDS I MEAN)

[quote name='judedudemude' timestamp='1302155577' post='5119983']
you started ???

i made a reverse and reverser subtype and started a topic on it (it was quite a while ago)

now to this seem pretty complex

(make a video to demostrate ???)

i think visual add will help out alot

maybe use paper (you do not have to into great effort for this as long we know which card in the card you wrote on here it is)

but im VERY VERY INTERESTED IN THIS if i was not doing my own subtype i would consider a the new era in the game

maybe put this in the realistic card forum ??? (WHEN YOU MAKE THE CARDS I MEAN)
[/quote]

i would love to make a template for since the colour is light blue and the colour of the star but the problem is in MSE that i tried to programmed the stars to be in the middle. and yes it's a good idea to make a video lol

look like i have to spend a little time in tutorial or graph section to learn how to alter the colour xD

i think i'll do a video demo as well and put it up in youtube lol

@Horu: that how exactly i get the idea from digimon as simply it was inspired lol

and guys, you are welcome to contribute idea of effect, spell or trap for this subtype :)

I would love to use the Evo monsters in YVD but it doesn't support Exceeds yet so I can't use them. :(

Maybe if I modify the effect just a tiny bit to make it SS the Gainer from the Grave when it gets destroyed! Then it would be playable 9.1! :D

[quote name='Horu' timestamp='1302157055' post='5120000']
I would love to use the Evo monsters in YVD but it doesn't support Exceeds yet so I can't use them. :(

Maybe if I modify the effect just a tiny bit to make it SS the Gainer from the Grave when it gets destroyed! Then it would be playable 9.1! :D
[/quote]
yes i know =_=

which effect? so far gainer monsters are underneath of evo monsters xD i realize as for exceed's mechanic treated the EMMs like counters waiting to be removed, and this treated as the evo monster's core as should i say core monster? lol

you know the method of evolution summoning is a bit easy but in the same time it is the most vulnerable move that can easily screw up unlike other summon because this trigger cards like D prison, mirror force, and many more =_=. for Evo, it's need support in the battle phase more than any other phase and summoning. Gainer monster, to destroy gainer & Evo monsters your opponent need to destroy twice to rid them lol. so destroying Evo monsters is trivial to the controller of it as long gainer monster is safe, so for the user of gainer & Evo monsters, the priority is gainer monster since Evo monsters cannot be sent to the graveyard nor removed unless the Extra deck is full, it is removed from play (this case: tag duel or the rules in WSGP) and they are reusable as well. another thing you don't really have to inflict battle damage to your opponent or destroy a monster by battle for its to Evo summon, like Bashful Ninja.

Nice

The mechanics of 9.1 doesn't support Exceeds. But maybe putting the Gainer in defense and putting the Evo over it in attack? Though I would put "Evolution Synchro" in the type so it goes to the extra deck.
[quote name='Horu' timestamp='1302186321' post='5120366']
Nice

The mechanics of 9.1 doesn't support Exceeds. But maybe putting the Gainer in defense and putting the Evo over it in attack? Though I would put "Evolution Synchro" in the type so it goes to the extra deck.
[/quote]

Why synchro? It suppose to completely differed from that subtype. The position of the gainer monster suppose to be at least in same position as Evoluton as it is the rulings for exceed now.

Hmm any thought to come up some new monster, spell or trap, I think just the idea of the subtype almost took all I have ATM xD

This is quite interesting.

First Fusion/Ritual Summoning.
Then Synchro Summons,
Now Exceed Summons.

And added to that "Reverse Summoning, Cosmic Summoning, and Exceed Synchro Summoning (yes I made an Exceed Synchro Monster - Click on the biggest letters in my sig), and now Evolution Summoning.

I think Yugioh is starting to become a far more diverse card game than Magic the Gathering is :blink:. I like the concept and the way these guys protect monsters. Pretty nice cards, balanced and unique.
9.3/10

[quote name='Cody Frost' timestamp='1302235708' post='5122241']
This is quite interesting.First Fusion/Ritual Summoning.Then Synchro Summons,Now Exceed Summons.And added to that "Reverse Summoning, Cosmic Summoning, and Exceed Synchro Summoning (yes I made an Exceed Synchro Monster - Click on the biggest letters in my sig), and now Evolution Summoning.I think Yugioh is starting to become a far more diverse card game than Magic the Gathering is :blink:. I like the concept and the way these guys protect monsters. Pretty nice cards, balanced and unique.9.3/10
[/quote]

lol but you gotta thank Digimon for it, it does turn out that their evolution form does save them from being destroyed completely, now if they were in rookie form, oi it's be "data deleted" lol

it true that yugioh become diverse as they worry about not making enough money if the show end and all that... MTG still kept going and making tons of money no matter what, cos it the cards they always come up with and there isn't a show base on it at all except books of course xD. Konami gotta learn how to relax like MTG does

[quote name='Horu' timestamp='1302235999' post='5122247']
I give the idea a perfect 10.
[/quote]

no mechanic would eventually come out as a perfect 10 lol, each mechanic must have flaws eventually :) even mine, though it quite fatal for Gainer more than Evolution, but the question is... for synchro summon, even though tuner is important asset to snychro summon but for countless times it mostly the synchro monsters that get destroy by effects more in number than tuners even though they're the key to synchro summoning.

Archived