Gainer Monster & Evolution Summoning

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[quote name='Horu' timestamp='1302238228' post='5122288']
The Evo monsters work slightly different fron Synchros. Instead of another monster, the need counters. This proves useful in a lot of ways. It can set up a 10 monster field that can be quite deadly.
[/quote]

ah good point, yes the Counter is important factor that without it the gainer monster will remain powerless as well.

something like a card would be an anti to Evolution monster or gainer specifically.

Name: Negative Gain
Spell Card: Continuous
Effect: Once per turn, a Gainer monster would gain a Stage Counter(s) by card effect, that monster lose a Stage Counter(s) instead.

Name: Backfire Destruction
Trap Card: Counter
Effect: If a Gainer monster your opponent control would Evolution Summon a Evolution Monster, Pay 800, negate the Summon of that monster and destroy that card.

Name; Imprison Wave Magician
Attribute: WIND
Level: 6
Type: Spellcaster
ATK:2400/DEF:1900
Effect: While this card is face-up all Gainer monster cannot gain Stage Counters. When this card is destroyed by battle, if the monster that destroy this card is a Gainer monster, that monster gain a Stage Counter times its level.
[color="#4169e1"]Well now, this is a very interesting thought... I quite like it.

It could fit quite well with my Storm Archtype.... who knows, I could make all the level four monsters Gainers, (Through the Light monster has like zero attack, so how will it gain the evolution counter?) the level eight monster Evolution Gainers, while the level 12 monsters would be Evoltion... Well, as they will require the level eight monsters, they will probably be call something fancy. [/color]
lol XD well you gotta thank Digimon show for it. although it does make sense to be an opposite of Exceed

the Counter is an important factor as it is something to "power up" from each fight, you can say it's a symbol of accession to evolution. hmm so now i need to make some evolution monster that make use of stage counters now *run to a black board*

[quote name='Yusei & Akiza' timestamp='1302307961' post='5123678']
right now I'm working on Shuragakou Archetype, which consist of monster who are "fighter" xD this is inspired by "Kenichi the mightiest Disciple" lol you should have seen it, hilariously awesome :) that truly based on "evolution of martial art" that passed down for thousands of years
[/quote]

LOL! I based my Bare Knuckle Monsters off most of those characters! XD

[quote name='Cody Frost' timestamp='1302309535' post='5123718']
LOL! I based my Bare Knuckle Monsters off most of those characters! XD
[/quote]

quite inspiring aren't they? lol

EDIT: i just realize, i dunno if anyone have read this list of mechanic of Evolution Monster completely

[quote][u][b]Evolution Monster:[/b][/u]
-The colour of the card is Light blue
-They have Stage so cards that deal with Level and Rank don't apply to this
-The Stage are depicted by a row of yellow Stars in White Orbs (as apart from level and Rank) that extend onward in the middle side of the card (between where Rank and level would be depicted.)
- Evolution Monster are placed on the top of a Gainer Monster
- Evolution Monster's requirement of Gainer Monster are primarily in name or Type but level or attribute are secondary requirement that may varies on Evolution Monsters
- After its was Evolution Summoned, it cannot attack in the same turn it was Summoned unless it have a Stage Counter
- When Evolution Monster is destroyed by battle or card effect, remove from play, or returned, that monster returned to the Extra Deck and the Evoltuion Material Monster is not destroyed.
- Evolution Monster cannot be special summon in any circumstances other than Evolution Summon (meaning cards for example like Temple of the King doesn’t work on those cards!!!)
[b]- Evolution Monster gain the effect of the Evolution Material Monster as primary addition to its effects [/b][/quote]

O.o with this, PPD might be a tad Oped, oh wait, i made their effect somewhat minor so it should be ok. O.o and i'd have to fix Silent Spearsman and Silent Dragoon xD
[quote name='Tempest of Reach' timestamp='1302341151' post='5124646']
[color="#4169e1"]Yeah, getting that effect and having its own is a tad to powerful.[/color]
[/quote]

Yea you are right, I has to remind my self to give evolution monsters effects that are secondary or somewhat minor at least like FPD and VPD's effects
[quote name='Horu' timestamp='1302364685' post='5125042']
awesome
[/quote]

Lol the mechanic is awesome or what? XD
[quote name='Horu' timestamp='1302377188' post='5125585']
The mechanic of the Evo monsters is awesome. Which led to an awesome discussion.
[/quote]

when you look at this mechanic and Exceed's Mechanic, doesn't it sort of treat Exceed a bit of a "bad guy"? as they send EMMs while this protect. for Exceed is like Revised Dragon "ok minions times to sacrifice yourself for my power!" =_= although they don't seem well-consistent as synchro does.

Archived