[Vanguard] Stand Up! The Vanguard!

[quote name='DeathSDelano' timestamp='1316378210' post='5523875'] only problem is playing around Pale moons is extremely easy o.o. as they only have 8 10k shields as half of their triggers are draw triggers. making you use up more resources if you don't have prefect shield in hand.

Plus stopping alice and mirror demon is not that hard[/quote]

The draw Trigger is actually more helpful than harmful, as it replaces the materials you had to use if your OTK didn't go as planned. The shield thing does tend to be an issue, but Hypnotist does help, and if you do the OTK quickly, you should be able to win without blocking anyway.

I agree with you about Alice and Mirror plays, but if they really only serve as last backups to win if the pure OTK doesn't work out.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[quote name='NumberCruncher' timestamp='1316380099' post='5523985']

The draw Trigger is actually more helpful than harmful, as it replaces the materials you had to use if your OTK didn't go as planned. The shield thing does tend to be an issue, but Hypnotist does help, and if you do the OTK quickly, you should be able to win without blocking anyway.

I agree with you about Alice and Mirror plays, but if they really only serve as last backups to win if the pure OTK doesn't work out.
[/quote]

only problem with draw triggers is they don't always give you helpful stuff o.o. Though imo Stand triggers would have been more benefitical for Pale moons as your opponent is gonna try and top alice/mirror demon. but that just my opinion

[quote name='DeathSDelano' timestamp='1316381521' post='5524079'] only problem with draw triggers is they don't always give you helpful stuff o.o. Though imo Stand triggers would have been more benefitical for Pale moons as your opponent is gonna try and top alice/mirror demon. but that just my opinion[/quote]

Yeah, Pale Moons would be significantly better if Dynamite Juggler were a Stand Trigger as opposed to a Critical Trigger, but you make do with what you have. It's still not a bad alternative to Irregulars. It depends on prefered playing style.

[quote name='NumberCruncher' timestamp='1316382189' post='5524107']

Yeah, Pale Moons would be significantly better if Dynamite Juggler were a Stand Trigger as opposed to a Critical Trigger, but you make do with what you have. It's still not a bad alternative to Irregulars. It depends on prefered playing style.
[/quote]

I like playing Dark irregulars and Tachikaze over the other stuff but thats just me. though I find Grand blue fun to play as well

[quote name='DeathSDelano' timestamp='1316382658' post='5524141'] I like playing Dark irregulars and Tachikaze over the other stuff but thats just me. though I find Grand blue fun to play as well[/quote]

Dude, Tachikaze is the bomb. Definitely one of the better decks in the game. I also like a good Nova Grappler deck, but that's more as a fun deck.

[quote name='NumberCruncher' timestamp='1316400317' post='5525245']

Dude, Tachikaze is the bomb. Definitely one of the better decks in the game. I also like a good Nova Grappler deck, but that's more as a fun deck.
[/quote]

I'm waiting to see a card that uses the soul for Tachikaze as they have cards that are for soul charging for some strange reason, but no cards that can use it for them.

anyways Card of the day:

[img]http://i56.tinypic.com/2ijg3ko.jpg[/img]
[b][color=green]Auto[/color]:[/b] When you Ride a 「[url="http://cf-vanguard.wikidot.com/blaster-javelin"][color="#0000aa"]Blaster Javelin[/color][/url]」
on this Unit, Search for up to 1「[url="http://cf-vanguard.wikidot.com/blaster-dark"][color="#0000aa"]Blaster Dark[/color][/url]」
from your Deck, Reveal it to your Opponent,
and Send it to Hand.

[quote name='NumberCruncher' timestamp='1316583850' post='5530397']
Interesting. I wonder how these Shadow Paladins are going to play out. They seem to be a search oriented deck from the cards we currently know, but I wonder what Phantom Dragon Blaster is all about. Should be a nice deck at any rate.
[/quote]

Fullbac - Ride Javelin -> search blaster dark -.> depending on what grade 3(s) are in hand -> discard current on for Phantom dragon blaster

but that depends on what its skills are

And the card we all be waiting for:

[img]http://i54.tinypic.com/34nsg90.jpg[/img]
[b][color=red]Continuous[/color]【V】:[/b] When you have「[url="http://cf-vanguard.wikidot.com/blaster-javelin"][color="#0000aa"]Blaster Javelin[/color][/url]」
in your Soul, this Unit gains +1000 Power.
[b][color=green]Auto[/color]: [Counterblast (2)][/b] When this Unit is called to
the Vanguard Circle, you may pay the cost. If paid,
retire 1 of your Opponent's Rearguards.

[quote name='NumberCruncher' timestamp='1316760052' post='5534309']
Wait, so this is a downgraded Buster Blade, instead of an upgraded one? That's a mite disappointing. If Phantom Booster Dragon isn't incredible though, I will be extremely disappointed.
[/quote]

with javelin in Soul he his 10k attacker. and it doesn't say during your turn either O.o

and to your answer on PBD. here it is:
[img]http://i52.tinypic.com/a1scc2.jpg[/img]
[b][color=red]Continuous[/color]【V】:[/b] When you have「[url="http://cf-vanguard.wikidot.com/blaster-dark"][color=#0000AA]Blaster Dark[/color][/url]」
in your Soul, this Unit gains +1000 Power.
[b][color=blue]Startup[/color]【V】: [Counterblast (2), Retire 3 of your[/b]
[b]«Shadow Paladin»'s][/b]
During this turn, this Unit
gains +10000 Power and +1 Critical.

or in otherwords give up 3 other Shadow paladins (probably grade 3s if you have to many) and make this a 21k attacker without boost and does 2 damage.

[quote name='IceDorago' timestamp='1316824201' post='5535692']
So basically Shadow Paladins right now are W/e the dog is called > Javelin > Blaster Dark > PBD? Doesn't seem like there are any <R>/<V/R> skills in this, instead swapping effects that could be that for If you have <> in your Soul, +1000.
[/quote]
they also have a promo
[img]http://i54.tinypic.com/29v1fo0.jpg[/img]
[b][color=green]Auto[/color]【V/R】:[/b] When this Unit attack hits a
Vanguard and you have a «Shadow Paladin»
Vanguard, you may unflip 1 from your
Damage Zone

I stand corrected. That could be nice, lets you restock unflipped damage for Phantom, though you probably won't get an opportunity for that much cause of the retire 3.

Anyway, going to watch the latest ep. now, anyone want to play in like, 20-30 minutes, cause I think there's a game up and I need the practice.

[quote name='IceDorago' timestamp='1316828393' post='5535831']
I stand corrected. That could be nice, lets you restock unflipped damage for Phantom, though you probably won't get an opportunity for that much cause of the retire 3.

Anyway, going to watch the latest ep. now, anyone want to play in like, 20-30 minutes, cause I think there's a game up and I need the practice.
[/quote]

can't say as the other SPs are unknown. So who knowns maybe they will have skills where is doesnt matter.

Anyways im on whenever you wanna play

[quote name='IceDorago' timestamp='1316829964' post='5535890']
Finished. As usual, Morikawa is bad and Kamui screws up during something important again and leaves everything to fall toAichi.

I'll get on now, then. You're Delthor, right? I'm under the name Lunice.
[/quote]

yes just finished game it lasted so long we both had no cards left in deck. i won though (neither of us has grand blue)

Had two games, each had an anime-ish moment.
Game 1: Kind of like Kamui v. Nagisa, I got a heal, which saved me but the lost anyway, just I got an extra turn in. (It was Irregulars vs. Tachikaze.)
Game 2: Aichi vs. that FFAL4 Irregulars dude. DSD Stiyl'ed my Soul Saver into Llew, and I couldn't use my Isolde to guard. -_-

Anyway, I think I'll place the Irregulars decklist that I'm currently running up.

[quote name='IceDorago' timestamp='1316835116' post='5536038'] Game 2: Aichi vs. that FFAL4 Irregulars dude. DSD Stiyl'ed my Soul Saver into Llew, and I couldn't use my Isolde to guard. -_- [/quote]

Ouch! Though you have to admit, that is pretty cool.

Phantom Dragon's effect is nice, albiet a bit too expensive. It seems the promo doesn't help the Shadow Paladins currently released, as Dragon only uses Counterblast 2.

[quote name='NumberCruncher' timestamp='1316841919' post='5536238']
Ouch! Though you have to admit, that is pretty cool.[/quote]
Yeah. I actually scraped through the turn, barely, due to only having two/three damage at the time, so I took the hit from both VG and RG. :P Then next turn I guarded with two Isolde's to make up for it. xD

Oh yeah, I need to swap my Llews in Galahads for Alabasters, cause the deck never ran a Barcgal in the first place, plus I could use the extra +1000, I think it was, for boosts.

I also put up the Irregulars list.

[quote name='IceDorago' timestamp='1316866924' post='5536636']
Yeah. I actually scraped through the turn, barely, due to only having two/three damage at the time, so I took the hit from both VG and RG. :P Then next turn I guarded with two Isolde's to make up for it. xD

Oh yeah, I need to swap my Llews in Galahads for Alabasters, cause the deck never ran a Barcgal in the first place, plus I could use the extra +1000, I think it was, for boosts.

I also put up the Irregulars list.
[/quote]

grade 0s are best to keep in hand and not on the field. unless they have skill that can bounce them back to deck or hand

[quote name='IceDorago' timestamp='1316871657' post='5536752']
Yeah, but sometimes I need a boosting unit.
[/quote]

Not early game when you start playing them out. And even late game i don't use grade 0s unless I am gonna try and go for game. But ever so i only play ones that have skills that i can use (either go to soul to do X, can bounce back to deck, or its my tachikaze where dragon egg is gonna go back to my hand anyways).

Also you don't need a boosting unit all the time.

Archived