[Vanguard] Stand Up! The Vanguard!

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know right :D

And here is today's card of the day:

Amber Dragon "Eclipse"
[img]http://i53.tinypic.com/11sldep.jpg[/img]
[b][color=red]Continuous[/color]【V】 :[/b] If you have「[url="http://cf-vanguard.wikidot.com/amber-dragon-dusk"][color=#993333]Amber Dragon "Dusk"[/color][/url]」
in your Soul, this Unit gains +1000.
[b][color=blue]Startup[/color]【V】: [Counterblast (2)][/b] During your turn, this
Unit gains the ability, 『[b][color=green]Auto[/color]【V】:[/b] When this Unit's
attack hits a Vanguard, Choose up to 2 of your Opponent's
Rearguards and Retire them.』

To sum it up:
activate counterblast during Main Phase either your opponent Guards against or lose 2 RG giving your RG Blazing flare dragons more power XD

[quote name='IceDorago' timestamp='1316308761' post='5521543']
I've been wanting to get into the game for a few days. I still need to get a Byond account, or whatever it's called, and make a deck. Unsure what to go with, though.
[/quote]

If you are new to Vanguard i would say start with one of the Big 4 1st.

Big 4 being Kagero, Royal Paladin, Oracle Think tank, and Nova grapplers

as they were the 1st 4 clans, and are relately easy to pick. But if you have idea on how to play than just make a deck for every clan and play them all to find what you like <-- i have like 1-2+ decks for each clan

[quote name='DeathSDelano' timestamp='1316309304' post='5521585']

If you are new to Vanguard i would say start with one of the Big 4 1st.

Big 4 being Kagero, Royal Paladin, Oracle Think tank, and Nova grapplers

as they were the 1st 4 clans, and are relately easy to pick. But if you have idea on how to play than just make a deck for every clan and play them all to find what you like <-- i have like 1-2+ decks for each clan
[/quote]

I was planning on RPs, possibly Kagero. I think I'm good on the rules, I just need to look over the various effect types again.

traditional section is not deck section for all other Cards games including CfV

but you can also post it here.

anyways:

Auto: Skills that always happen unless it states you May/can.
Soul charging is an Auto, but it is not opponent meaning you must do it.

Startup: skills you activate the effect during your Main Phase.
Continouos: Skill is always activate, but only during your turn. This skill mainly include Power boosting like skills.

[quote name='IceDorago' timestamp='1316312022' post='5521716']I don't mean specific skills, I mean like the Auto/whatever other categories. Btw, are Vanguard decks supposed to go in this thread or some other forum section, cause I'll probably want to post mine up when I make it.[/quote]

Once you've posted your deck,would you mind PMing me. I'd like to see what you came up with.

[quote name='IceDorago' timestamp='1316316530' post='5522019']
I just put it up. Went with Paladins. Kind of want to try Galahad Paladins in the future, but they just seem too inconsistent...
[/quote]

i took at look at it.

anyways if you are on than you can play me to test it out. Can't really be sure on the changes for it, unless i see it being played.

my SN is Delthor. I'm at Card capital top right table

[quote name='IceDorago' timestamp='1316316530' post='5522019']I just put it up. Went with Paladins. Kind of want to try Galahad Paladins in the future, but they just seem too inconsistent...[/quote]

I looked at what you have. I commented on what seemed most off to me, though I thinkthe direction you took with the deck was interesting.

My decklist is

Grade 0: 17
Guiding Zombie
Rough sea Banshee [C] x4
Licking Ghost[H] x4
Knight Spirit[C] x4
Skeleton Lookout[S] x4

Grade 1: 13
Evil Shade x4
Gust Jinn x4
King Seahorse x3
Samurai Spirit x2

Grade 2: 12
Captain Nightmist x4
Ruin Shade x4
Skeleton Swordsman x4

Grade 3: 8
Immortal Dragon Skull Dragon x4
King of the Demonic Sea, Basskirk x4

[quote name='NumberCruncher' timestamp='1316321978' post='5522254']
How does 4 Skull Dragon test?
[/quote]

only had 1 game which i got D/C'd.

But in the game i was it it did well. As the spares also act as Jinn fodder's. Or I don't want to waste Counterblasts. As before i got D/C'd i had 9 soul and 5 Damager with Basskirk in Vanguard slot.
and Immortal dragon skull dragon in drop zone plus some other stuff. with my opponent at 4 damage.

Also had like 3 Grade 0s + 1 Basskirk and Immortal Dragon + Gust Jinn in hand.

[quote name='NumberCruncher' timestamp='1316318301' post='5522142']

I looked at what you have. I commented on what seemed most off to me, though I thinkthe direction you took with the deck was interesting.
[/quote]
I just threw together what seemed to be the best RPs from looking at descriptions on Wikidot.

[quote name='DeathSDelano' timestamp='1316363954' post='5523158']
pulled a Kai with Grand blue. XD only had VG to attack. my VG attacked(12k) his VG. he guarded with only a 10k shield (20K) Twin drived 2 Crit triggers for game XD
[/quote]

It's funny cause he Twin Drived double crit [i]against[/i] Granblue. (Funny, I just rewatched that one.)

Also, I played both Paladin decks, think I'll main Galahads though, I just liked those. (I got all three Galahad units in my opening hand, so the luck factor didn't matter when checking 5. xD) Also made an Irregulars deck but I'll probably hold of on testing that.

[quote name='IceDorago' timestamp='1316377449' post='5523835'] It's funny cause he Twin Drived double crit [i]against[/i] Granblue. (Funny, I just rewatched that one.)

Also, I played both Paladin decks, think I'll main Galahads though, I just liked those. (I got all three Galahad units in my opening hand, so the luck factor didn't matter when checking 5. xD) Also made an Irregulars deck but I'll probably hold of on testing that.[/quote]

Personally, I prefer Pale Moons to Dark Irregulars just because Pale Moons are the only deck that can OTK at this point without setting up Counterblasts, but I'd like to see your Irregular build.

[quote name='NumberCruncher' timestamp='1316378073' post='5523867']

Personally, I prefer Pale Moons to Dark Irregulars just because Pale Moons are the only deck that can OTK at this point without setting up Counterblasts, but I'd like to see your Irregular build.
[/quote]

only problem is playing around Pale moons is extremely easy o.o. as they only have 8 10k shields as half of their triggers are draw triggers. making you use up more resources if you don't have prefect shield in hand.

Plus stopping alice and mirror demon is not that hard

Archived