─Realm Of Beasts TCG─Set 4 In progress─

[quote name='The blazing MARS' timestamp='1308088984' post='5283502']
"When this card is Play[b]ed[/b]" refers to the fact that if the play is blocked, the card never reaches the field, hence not being "Played"

"When you play this card" is when you officially go to place it on the board, the effect activates before the foe can respond. Similar to Priority.
[/quote]

Ah! That's what I was figuring, thanks.

Is there anything else similar to that?
  • Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yo, I got a card in mind you can put in your notes, you can add this card idea if you want to any of the sets:

♦Raising Essence
♦Response
♦Card's Effect: Target Creature you control gains "Long Range - Magical" and get its Power increased by 5 and its Block decreased by 5 until the end of the Attack Phase.

Its basically a support card for creatures in this game, it could be a staple for your TCG kinda like MST is to YGO, and is the phase where you designate an attack call the Attack Phase or Battle Phase?
[quote name='AsterikcAde' timestamp='1308167912' post='5285632']
Its basically a support card for creatures in this game, it could be a staple for your TCG kinda like MST is to YGO, and is the phase where you designate an attack call the Attack Phase or Battle Phase?
[/quote]

There is no phase for it.

Monsters attack, Move and perform effects etc unless mentioned during the Play Phase.
Perfect time to update as I just bumped some of my other topics. I've been refining the rules over the last couple of days, and you'll be seeing a new card format from Infernal Steamstorm.

●Block Removed from game mechanics. I felt it was clumsy and unneeded. I also like the game simple. currently, any effect that refers to Block will be changed to only refer to a monster's Power.

●Activation and Response cards are seeing a brand new update: QuickTrigger and Reaction Break cards. A QuickTrigger can be set off immediately once it's trigger is met, and no cards can be activated in response to it. Reaction Break cards will punish a foe while they are face up, deliberately Breaking Certian actions for a set number of turns. A QuickTrigger is wrote as "Activation/QT" and a Reaction Break is written as "Response/ReactBreak" This is currently experimental, and may be scrapped, depending on how well it tests.

●New Update to card zone names:

Pre-Infernal Steamstorm -> Post-Infernal Steamstorm

Card Stack -> Deck
Board -> Play Field

This is once again, experimental, so do tell me what you think.

●Infernal Steamstorm will also clarify wordings of cards, creating less rulings.

Old:
"When this card is played"
New:
"When this card reaches the Play Field Successfully"

●Infernal Steamstorm will be the first pack to feature cards that effect the whole board. Called "Enviroments"

●Infernal Steamstorm will feature 100 Cards.

●Infernal Steamstorm introduces our first mana rare. These are [___M000] and are unplayable until released conventionally in a Booster Pack. Mana rare will be revealed at roughly 6PM(London/GMT) time. Check the thread.

Infernal Steamstorm is my most ambitious project yet, and a Gamechanging pack. Of course, all of this is to change, so please do tell me what you think :D
[b][color="#0000FF"]Mana Surge[/color][/b]

Mana Surge is a new mechanic being implimented from Infernal Steamstorm. Once during each of your turns, you can send 1 card in your hand to the Surge Zone. When there are 5 or more cards in the Surge Zone, you can send 5 of them back to the deck to enter Mana Surge. There are 3 things you can do while In Mana Surge:

[list]
[*]Play 1 Extra Creature Per Turn
[*]Draw 1 Card.
[*]Play 1 Mana World Creature from your Deck or Hand.
[/list]

You can enter Mana Surge as many times as you want during a turn, so long as you have the required cards.

[quote name='Insanious' timestamp='1308596977' post='5298068']
Just looked at the first card of Infernal Streamstorm
Wow.
[/quote]

It's a Mana Rare, and it won't be reprinted in a set, hence, can't be played.
[quote]
What's to stop infinite stall? :huh:

game is cool tho *reps*[/quote]

:o
I never thought of that... I might add a rule to stop that.

[quote]by the way, how are you testing this game?[/quote]

Card Proxies.

[quote name='The blazing MARS' timestamp='1308660490' post='5300061']
:o
I never thought of that... I might add a rule to stop that.[/quote]

add direct attacking ;)

♦AquFiar, Master of the Elements[IFSSM000]
♦Race: Divine Being
♦Power:14
♦You can discard 1 card from your Hand to destroy half of the cards in your Opponent's Protection Barrier. You can only activate this effect twice. This card cannot be destroyed by Card Triggers. This card is unaffected by the effects of creatures on the Play Field. You can send this card to the Discard Pile to draw 5 Cards.

wtf is this

[quote name='The blazing MARS' timestamp='1308660490' post='5300061']
Card Proxies.
[/quote]

who with

[quote name='marcher boyz' timestamp='1308661881' post='5300117']
♦AquFiar, Master of the Elements[IFSSM000]
♦Race: Divine Being
♦Power:14
♦You can discard 1 card from your Hand to destroy half of the cards in your Opponent's Protection Barrier. You can only activate this effect twice. This card cannot be destroyed by Card Triggers. This card is unaffected by the effects of creatures on the Play Field. You can send this card to the Discard Pile to draw 5 Cards.

wtf is this
[/quote]

It's unplayable. Maybe I should add that to the card.

Archived