YCM's Set Design Club!

shelds9

Username: Lexadin (duh)
Why you want to join: I'm a card maker, and this sounds like an ok club.
What kind of Set do you suggest (besides Archetypes, the Sets will be Archetypes): For the club's set? Or one of my own? Or just one in general, it's kinda vague.
Would you want to have Set Duels: Personally, no. But I don't mind other having them.
What do you specialize in (creativity, card ideas, Card Edits etc.): I think card ideas & searching for card images.
Anything you would recommend for this club (aside from more members): Nothing atm.

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Accepted! For the Set Recommendation, I would just like to know what kind of Set you would enjoy collaborating to make with the other members.

5D's and Lex (Tom and Mr. Striker): You are the reason I started this club. 5D's and the Destiny Org. tried making a Club Set, but what brought idea back to me was the Set that Lex and Tom made together, through one of Mr. Striker's Threads! Crazy how that works...

Anyways, since nobody has Made any YCMember etc. Cards yet, I will change it so everyone can make 1 YCMember (Boss cards) 2 YCMinions (Monster Support) and 2 YCMunition (Spell/Trap Support).

Username: Inferno Knight LC
Why you want to join: Same reason as Kirby. XD
What kind of Set do you suggest (besides Archetypes, the Sets will be Archetypes): None ATM..
Would you want to have Set Duels: I don't have YVD so no ATM.
What do you specialize in (creativity, card ideas, Card Edits etc.): Creativity?
Anything you would recommend for this club (aside from more members): Nothing ATM.

[font=Tahoma]Username: ♣Toot♣
Why you want to join: I love card making, and I'd like to help with set ideas
What kind of Set do you suggest (besides Archetypes, the Sets will be Archetypes): I'm not pretty sure right now
Would you want to have Set Duels: If you mean on YVD I'd probably say no... Sorry to say, YVD sux
What do you specialize in (creativity, card ideas, Card Edits etc.): Mostly the creativity and ideas
Anything you would recommend for this club (aside from more members): I'm not entirely sure, but i think I can help an already created set. Like help make it more creative.[/font]

Accepted, both of you!

Good Questions... I know it doesn't sound very good, but we should have a common name, at least around the YCMembers, just so it's easy for support.

You can name it yourself, or some sort of nickname that you want.

5D's: Not entirely. The YCMembers are based on YOU. The support is just regular YGO support.

If you guys have any objections to anything, or any questions, just ask.

Mine is YCSDC-YCMBR (YGO Card Set Design Club - YCM Member)

You could but YCSDC - [insert abbreviation of Set here]

The moment of Truth. I think we need to decide on what our next, real YGO Set will be. I can Set up a Poll to keep track of the Votes. So far we have:
• Beast King Barbaros Support/Set
• Cards that change Attributes

Any other ideas?

[font=Tahoma]Username: D.A.
Why you want to join: TBeBrH, I just want to join cause i feel like it. :\
What kind of Set do you suggest (besides Archetypes, the Sets will be Archetypes): Banishing + Special Summon
Would you want to have Set Duels: Depends
What do you specialize in (creativity, card ideas, Card Edits etc.): Creativity/Cads Idea's
Anything you would recommend for this club (aside from more members): Member Level Tokens.[/font]

What about Turn Count ( ;) @ 5D's)

@DA: Accepted! What do you mean by Member Level Tokens? It sounds interesting.

You guys, I would like to add members to the Circle of Sages. I have not seen most of your work lately, so I cannot judge you. If you wish to be admitted into it, you can post a card for me to see your skills.

Lexadin is the only one who's work I have seen, and it is amazing, so I will admit him into the Circle. Congrats!

Well here is my YCMember card as of now.

[center][img]http://img685.imageshack.us/img685/2843/345295.jpg[/img]
Lore: Once per turn, while this card is in face-up Attack Postition, you can pay 1000 Life Points to Special Summon 1 "YCMember" Monster from your Graveyard in face-up Defense Position. The summoned monster's ATK is halved for the rest of the duel. This card cannot be targeted for an attack while there is another face-up "YCMember" Monster on the field. This card gains 100 ATK for each "YCMember" Monster in your Graveyard. Destroy this card if there are no other cards on your side of the field.

[size="1"][color="#C0C0C0"]IMG Credit to JazinKay[/color][/size][/center]

Username: Firetruck, probarly Umbreon or something like that when I can change name.
Why?: Seems like a good idea to make club sets, and it might make me start making cards again.
Set suggestion?: Not really, I get good ideas rarley, but I'm pretty sure you can find better ideas from other members.
Set dules?: Nope. Too much work, too bad at the game xD
Speacialize?: Nothing really, I'm kinda bad.
Recommend?: More random questions in the app. I liek random questions.

Here is mine
I hope it's good
[center][img]http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/9076/242084x.jpg[/img][/center][center]
[/center][center][quote][color="#8b0000"]This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card can only be Special Summoned while you have 4 or more DARK monsters in your Graveyard. This card gains 500 ATK and DEF for each DARK monster in your Graveyard. If a DARK monster you control is targeted for an attack: Banish 1 DARK monster in your Graveyard to negate the attack; destroy the attacking monster.[/color][/quote]
[/center][center]
[/center][center][size="1"][color="#c0c0c0"]IMG Credit Goes To HPDoom[/color][/size][/center]

Here's mine YCmember card. Also I would like to do the Attribute changing set.

[img]http://img38.imageshack.us/img38/3528/37656a.jpg[/img]
Lore: This card can attack you opponents directly. Once per turn you can send the top card of your deck to the graveyard to have this card gain 500 ATK. When this card is destroyed (either by battle or card effect) draw 1 card. This card counts as 2 tributes for a "YCMember" monster.

[quote name='♣Toot♣' timestamp='1311790600' post='5392298']
Here is mine
I hope it's good
[center][img]http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/9076/242084x.jpg[/img][/center][center]
[/center][center]
[/center][center]
[/center][center][size="1"][color="#c0c0c0"]IMG Credit Goes To HPDoom[/color][/size][/center]
[/quote]
OP'd. Since it needs you to have 4 DARK monsters in your Graveyard, you get a monster with 3000+ ATK without any kind of balancing effect like "When this monster is Special Summoned, remove all DARK Monsters in your Graveyard from play". Even without an effect like that, it would be [b]very[/b] powerful in a Synchro deck with an 8-star monster Special Summon.

Archived