YCM's Set Design Club!

shelds9

[center][font="Tahoma"]
I know you were curious to click here, so why not check it out?

[spoiler=What we do here]
Well, what we do here is not exactly complicated. We do a few things:
• The main thing we do is: We discuss ideas for possible Sets, then, with each member pitching in to help, we create a 40+ card Set!
• We can post our Created Cards here to get Rated, Comments and Fix'd.
• We can discuss anything Yu-Gi-Oh! related!
• This club is also designed to get into Card Making and to improve Card Making Skills! That is what the site was made for anyways!
[/spoiler]

[spoiler=The Circle of Sages]
These are the highest level members of the Club. They can accept cards for Sets, they can be turned to for aid in OCG, Balancing, or anything you need or want. They are the active, skilled members of the Club.

The Circle:
• shelds9

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Members]
• trinitySOUL
• Monkey Master
• Flame Dragon
• Alexis Rhodes (5D's)
• Lexadin
• Evolution Emperor
• Prince of Legends
• SNASHU
• WinteKirby
• Okami - Shiranui

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Complete Sets:]

None yet.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Sets in the Making]

[spoiler=The Boss Set - The YCMembers and YCMinions]
Here, each person makes 5 cards. 1 YCMember which are the Boss cards of the Set, 2 YCMinion, the monster support, and 2 YCMunition, the Spell/Trap Support!

No cards yet.
[/spoiler]

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Rules/Notes]
• YCM Rules Apply.
• Anyone can use the cards as long as you partook in the creation of them, just give credit to the Club.
• No [u]Flaming[/u]! I say this because someone will get upset that some newbs made cards that do not go well with the set.
• My and the Circle of Sages' word are law.
• Any breaking of the Rules will result in discipline based on the severity and common-hood of the offence
• If for some reason I cannot be on, any active member of the Club can accept members and cards
• Any cards that are not approved by members of the Circle of Sages will not be a part of the Set
• The more Active you are in the thread, or the more skilled in Card Making you are, I just might admit you to the Circle of Sages
• I am considering allowing Dueling with the Sets. This card be done on YVD (which I do not currently have) or DN (replacing cards i.e. Baby Dragon becomes Ragnarok Demon)
• I would like a Banner/Logo if anyone would make one for us
• If I have forgotten anything, please let me know
[/spoiler]

[spoiler=App]
Username:
Why you want to join:
Do you want to make Sets or learn more:
What kind of Set do you suggest (besides Archetypes, the Sets will be Archetypes):
Would you want to have Set Duels:
What do you specialize in (creativity, card ideas, Card Edits etc.):
Anything you would recommend for this club (aside from more members):
[/spoiler]

[spoiler=App for Sets]
Use this to suggest Sets:

Name of Cards (i.e. Naturia/Lightsworn):
What they do (i.e: Stall/Mill):
Example card(s):
[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Suggested Sets]
These are Sets that other members have suggested. You can vote Yes or No to these Sets. A Set needs 5 "Yes" Votes to be admitted to the "Sets in the Making" Section. This way, there are not 100 Sets going on at once.

• None yet
[/spoiler]
[/font][/center]

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Username: trinitySOUL
Why you want to join: Because I'm Invited and I am inspired on what you want here.
What kind of Set would you suggest: New Archetypes
Would you want to have Set Duels: Sure. Why not!?
What do you specialize in : Card ideas and espcially OCG
Anything you would recommend for this club : Become Active!!

Username: Monkey Master
Why you want to join: Because I like card making, and it will be fun with more than one person giving ideas on a set
What kind of Set would you suggest: Archetypes? I'm kind of out of ides right now
Would you want to have Set Duels: I don't see why not
What do you specialize in (creativity, card ideas, Card Edits etc.): I'm guess creativity and card ideas( if you want proof, check my sig to for created sets)
Anything you would recommend for this club (aside from more members): To make this last

Accepted!

OMFG, I just came up with the best idea! We should make a Trump Set! Each member makes a Member Card of themselves, then a monster that supports all of the other members, then a Spell/Trap that supports them specifically! We can call them YCMembers and YCMinion.

E.G.

YCMember - shelds9
Blah Blah Blah

YCMinion - shelds9 Ogre
Blah Blah Blah

shelds9's Sceptre
Blah Blah Blah

I edited the Idea into Set's in the making!

Username: Prince of Legends/PrinceNiro
Why you want to join: I need a reason? I want to make cards. there
What kind of Set would you suggest: New Archetypes
Would you want to have Set Duels: Sure. Sure
What do you specialize in : Card ideas, Pics..Mabye, effects and/or judging
Anything you would recommend for this club : Activeness and card making

Username: Flame Dragon

Why you want to join: Read a lot of MTG design articles so I want to try my hand at design again. It's also been a while since I really made cards.

What kind of Set would you suggest: One built on attributes. I even have a card. http://i55.tinypic.com/2qmqarr.jpg

Would you want to have Set Duels: Sure, why not

What do you specialize in (creativity, card ideas, Card Edits etc.): I like ideas and top down designs. Like the Dragon I posted, or designing pop culture cards (my claim to fame was my Pokemon and Smash set from over 3 years ago).

Anything you would recommend for this club (aside from more members): Um.....read MTG Making Magic articles? While it's a different game a lot of the principles carry over to other game design. Also, to really flesh out a set 40 cards is to low. I'd say 60 would be the lowest with 100 being near the top. Also, I'm interested in this but I know myself so I'm not sure how active I'll be here. I'll try, but no promises ;)

Username: WinterKirby
Why you want to join: Because you told me to.
What kind of Set do you suggest: I'm working on a small set right now that can be expanded upon.
Would you want to have Set Duels: If I could get YVD to work, yes.
What do you specialize in: Card editing, Ideas, Creativity. Generally, I'm a jack of all trades.
Anything you would recommend for this club:[s] MOAR MEMBERZZ[/s] Card templates, Booster packs, etc.

[quote name='Monkey Master' timestamp='1311741984' post='5390771']
@ Flame
I saw the card you posted and I think cards like that would go well with a set I made. It can be found in my sig. The very bottom, it's a written card. They are fusion monsters that consist of the 15 different combination you can pair up the attributes.
[/quote]
That would actually be the kind of card that would work in a set with him. When ever you build a set you should pick a central mechanic (here the attributes) and find was to make it matter and those cards do it. I also like the flavor of combining two attributes and creating a new creature. It's been done irl, but something I really feel can be more in depths.

[quote name='trinitySOUL' timestamp='1311742312' post='5390786']
What about a set that supports some of the Big Guys(DAD, Judgment Dragon and etc.)?
[/quote]
Depends on how they are done. If it's stuff like DAD and JD it will be broken as all hell. However if it Monarchs and what not then that would be a fun set to build around.

Hell, beast king barbaros would be a great example of the kind of card you could print in the set. Have a few options on how to summon him. Also, because your building around tribute summoning you would need to have cards that allow for easy tribute generation.

[quote name='WinterKirby' timestamp='1311741869' post='5390763']
Username: WinterKirby
Why you want to join: [b]Because you told me to.[/b]
What kind of Set do you suggest: I'm working on a small set right now that can be expanded upon.
Would you want to have Set Duels: If I could get YVD to work, yes.
What do you specialize in: Card editing, Ideas, Creativity. Generally, I'm a jack of all trades.
Anything you would recommend for this club:[s] MOAR MEMBERZZ[/s] Card templates, Booster packs, etc.
[/quote]

All Accepted.

SOUL: Maybe, but maybe some big, unsupported guys such as Gate Guardian or BEWD.

Flame: I haven't heard of MTG Making Magic Articles and I am not sure what they would bring here, but I will look at them. As for the number of cards in a Set, I can increase it, I wasn't sure if I would get many members TBH. Your card, balance aside, is good. I think we have our first Set idea!

@Flame's :ph34r: : Yes, I agree. And I say absolutely to Beast King Barbaros! He is a great card, and easy to build around. But instead of just support, we could make cards that are like BKB.

Username: SNASHU
Why you want to join: Because i want to learn more about how to make cards
What kind of Set do you suggest: Elemental Set and Warlord Set
Would you want to have Set Duels: Sure
What do you specialize in: Creativity
Anything you would recommend for this club: Help new people to YCM get started on awsome cards

The Elemental Set i thought cold be filled with the all the different elements (for example fire) in the form of golems like ice golem!!!

The Warlord set i would think could be made up of warrior type monsters that are different races (for example orc) so something like Orc Warlord as one of the monsters or Undead Warlord!!!

Username: Okami Shiranui
Why you want to join: I've recently regained my Card Making touch, and I want to keep it.
What kind of Set do you suggest (besides Archetypes, the Sets will be Archetypes): None as of right now.
Would you want to have Set Duels: Yes.
What do you specialize in (creativity, card ideas, Card Edits etc.): Card Edits/Ideas
Anything you would recommend for this club (aside from more members): Nothing, as of right now.

Username:Alexis Rhodes
Why you want to join:Clubs set sounds awsome.
What kind of Set do you suggest (besides Archetypes, the Sets will be Archetypes):I'll think on that one.
Would you want to have Set Duels:Nope.
What do you specialize in (creativity, card ideas, Card Edits etc.):I'd say card idea's.
Anything you would recommend for this club (aside from more members):Banner/logo.

Username: Evolution Emperor
Why you want to join: Because I want to perfect my card making skills and take over Konami.
What kind of Set do you suggest: LIGHT spellcasters, I don't see any good decks you can build around them.
Would you want to have Set Duels: Sure, but I can only use DN.
What do you specialize in: random card ideas, balance and a bit of OCG.
Anything you would recommend for this club: Build sets around stuff Konami hasn't bothered to do, like certain attribute and type combinations.

Archived