Violation

I least i use English and this is stupid who cares what they think give me an MSN or a chat room we can argue this there. This site has been around for how long? Someone comes in and throws a fit and we all just does what he wants? Do we have a backbone? 15 and if you would you brain what I say has everything to do with the problem.

Insulting Tkill? Not a smart move I'm stating my opinion and that what forums are for talking.

Did i ask you what language you spoke' date=' no, and also i clearly speak english also...

dont say he, most of the da ppl are females

yes, it does have stuff to do with the problem, but not the solution

and the solution is what this thread is for and about.

[/quote']

One you misspell a lot use "Firefox"(should I credit that too? it may be copyrighted)

Speak English not text.

Who are you to decide the popular gender? Show statistics (if you get them somewhere remember to credit them. I will spend the hours required to check.)

My solution ignore it they will leave us alone.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

DJ' date=' minimodding much? :/

[/quote']

Its called protecting and supporting the life of this forum, that Tkill, should be common knowledge to you, as its your Duty as a Mod to do so.

I've done so much more than you ever did. So, do NOT question me on my knowledge and my duty as a mod. You have no idea.

Remember, you are not a moderator. That being said, you dont have the right to tell people what to do, threaten them with punishment, tell them not to get involved, you do not make the rules, enforce them or anything else along those lines.

Discussing is fine, but you have to remember that.

Your solution fails lol

its in some of these DA threads

the DA members themselves even said most are female

and i know all the old DA Radicals accounts, and about 85 % of them are female

I use my own personal text speak language to give myself a unique image that ppl can familiarise with, its still english..., unless its french or german?? lol

And for spelling, as ive said, its personal text speak ie. urself, em, ppl etc.etc

Tkill i am aware of that thank you lol

^_^

Hold it! I did not see credit given to people said that! How dare you steal someone else's words! Anyway, If something gets copied from DA and posted somewhere else and they get it from a secondary source? We can't trace everything to the original owner. Just let them go, odds are its some bored member looking for a fight.

"How can you/they put images on the internet, unwatermarked, and expect people not to use them? Honestly, welcome to the internet. If you/these people really care so much about getting credit, watermark it heavily. if its on the internet, i guarantee people will use it."

I have said before that the website is not for the benefit of those who wish to use the art for their own means - it's for artists to comment and and help other artists improve their art. :)

Also - those without subscriptions cannot watermark their work on the website - they would have to watermark the artwork itself on a program like MS paint or photoshop - which would ruin the image, unfortunately, especially if the image is not traditionally made (ie: pencils, ink and colour before scanning). :(

I have tried to watermark my things before, without any luck.

Why are we still having these conversations? There has been at least 10 of these threads in the last week. We have come to an understanding with another DA member who brought this to our attention before. Please stop making these threads. We are doing the best we can to solve the problem by crediting the artists for their work, and asking them. I know you mean good, but I'm really getting tired of being accused of stealing someone else's work when I have been crediting the artists(as I now include an Artist Tag with all of my card posts). Deity Mitsu/Matskaga's rant of the day. :)

"How can you/they put images on the internet' date=' unwatermarked, and expect people not to use them? Honestly, welcome to the internet. If you/these people really care so much about getting credit, watermark it heavily. if its on the internet, i guarantee people will use it."

I have said before that the website is not for the benefit of those who wish to use the art for their own means - it's for artists to comment and and help other artists improve their art. :)

Also - those without subscriptions cannot watermark their work on the website - they would have to watermark the artwork itself on a program like MS paint or photoshop - which would ruin the image, unfortunately, especially if the image is not traditionally made (ie: pencils, ink and colour before scanning). :(

I have tried to watermark my things before, without any luck.

[/quote']

They can just lower the opacity on the text. And if they want credit THAT BADLY then instead of complaining, they should be watermarking

LAWLZ

Yea, this thread has gone too far :/ The issue has not been solved on the material side at least. And I don't know if people bothered to contact the artists themselves and apologize, but at the very least, I know admins on this site are working to resolve this issue.

For those who think they don't need to follow the rules and copyright laws....

Good luck o_o

*mutter*mademyfeverjumphigher*mutter*

Again, I must stess that I'm not attacking any one member here directly. If I have offended anyone, I am sorry. My only aim was to attract attention to this issue - and if it has been done to the point of overkill, then again, I'm sorry.

I guess if crediting the artist is the best that this forum can do for now, then we at DA will have to accept that - it's a compromise. Compromise being something that mature people who can keep a cool head during a debate can reach once both sides of the argument are presented and both parties can agree.

Perhaps new members can read the rules of the forum before posting? I know that this would be hard to enforce and to keep track of - but the admins and moderators know that in making a puplic forum, they are taking a considerable ammount of responsibility onto their shoulders. I myself have run a forum, and had to shut it down because it got to be too much - I can relate! :)

Or perhaps if anyone new happens to post stolen art, those of you who agree with my proposal can gently remind them that credit must be given to the actual artist. Perhaps even a link directing them to Deviants webpage? That way - we both profit! :)

The artist would get more pageviews, comments, critiques, and favs while you all here would be able to use the art?

Is that something that we can all work towards?

No, you're right, I can't. And myself being, I like to think, more levelheaded and mature than most of the people I know on DA - it's easy for myself to agree to this proposal.

Instead of getting the DA mods in on this - because I think they wouldn't really give a damn, pardon my language - why not message some of the more 'wronged' DA members? Jocarra, Kilara, etc. Say that you're sorry that this got so out of hand and that we all hope that we can reach an understanding.

I am trying to be a peacemaker here - and I've given the link to this thread so several artists on DA and they're reading this as we speak. :) I hope that they will agree with what's been said here, mostly, and work with us to fix this. :)

The compromise is a good idea, but a bit hard to follow because the use of DeviantArt as a source for graphics was heavily suggested upon many members. From what I've seen so far, the ppl here might not be interested in the art itself but just the card, which means that they did not intentionally "steal" the art. Another way would be for some YCM members to supply graphics for others, but it would take very long.

I have added jocarra and junemonster to MSN, but neither seem to be on as of yet

i also want to talk to Jocarra about her excellent taste in music ^_^

That aside

I feel things now will be better

and if the more looked up to members follow this proposal, then the others are soon to follow.

And there are so many ppl here that review cards, that if a member did not credit, we would soon inform them ^_^

thesilentpsychogirl has the right idea.

This isn't the issue of DA mods and admins. They have no power extending away from DA and therefore cannot actively enforce the rule of "don't flame other websites". That's not how the intranet works :B

Many of the flamers seem to be doing it because the member Kilara fell victim to this incident. If the card maker who used the AVIAN artworks by Kilara could go on DA and send her a note apologizing it would stop a good amount of the flaming.

Like thesilent said, apologizing would go a long way.

As for the disclaimer idea, it should be easy if you ARE taking art off DA. DA staff is very strict about their members stealing art, so if you find art on there, simply check the artist's name and put it somewhere even slightly visible on the work you're putting the picture on. God Kaze has a very good example of this.

Thank you again a million times over - I feel that this is slowly being resolved. Any step in the right direction is a good step indeed. :)

I understand the need for amazing art for an amazing card (I myself judge the card by its graphics, most of the time! I dislike having ugly cards in my deck :P haha) so a person who cannot draw making the graphic for the card is definately out of the question (they would get critiqued like no tomorrow! And what would that do to their self-esteem?).

Just give credit where credit is due, and link to their devart page :)

thesilentpsychogirl has the right idea.

This isn't the issue of DA mods and admins. They have no power extending away from DA and therefore cannot actively enforce the rule of "don't flame other websites". That's not how the intranet works :B

Many of the flamers seem to be doing it because the member Kilara fell victim to this incident. If the card maker who used the AVIAN artworks by Kilara could go on DA and send her a note apologizing it would stop a good amount of the flaming.

Like thesilent said' date=' apologizing would go a long way.

As for the disclaimer idea, it should be easy if you ARE taking art off DA. DA staff is very strict about their members stealing art, so if you find art on there, simply check the artist's name and put it somewhere even slightly visible on the work you're putting the picture on. God Kaze has a very good example of this.

[/quote']

Thank you <3

And yes - most of these 'flamers' are fans of the artists :( that's why they're so adamant about all this...

I came across this forum at a time when I was fully unimpressed with the site due to many complaints from someone on dA about art theft. Being childish myself, I was all set to start yelling, but reading the forum through, I've seen both sides. (Though please give me a break for my momentary irrationality, I'm still pretty young. ;) )

I'm very glad to know that this is being worked out so well, and so diplomatically~

I'm quite sure my own art isn't nearly good enough to be used by anyone on this website, so I suppose I shouldn't be bothering, but it really makes me happy to see misunderstandings like these to be worked out. :) Kudos to everyone who's made the effort to be respectful about this issue. <3

Unless I see goverment issued papers How Do i know you steal it from someone else. Internet common sense says and is stressed in schools DON"T PUT ANY (REPEAT) ANYTHING ON THE INTERNET YOU DON'T WANT ANYONE TO SEE AND OR COPY. I TAKE Art I LIKE AND IF SOMEONE WANTS ME TO STOP COME TO ME AND SAY "hey i made that can you give me credit?" sure i will but its the internet don't scream you stole (which is bull anyway) you made it for others to see. If someone takes a picture in an art gallery and puts in in a book or posts it and says hey this is neat no. Finally its the internet it anonymous try suing me. you get lost wages and as your not getting paid thats squat.

No. Just no. It's like me saying, "Neat, that kid has someone cool shoes. Well, since it's in the public, I can take it." You're saying the same thing. Many artists make a living out of their art, if you steal it, you're just stealing money out of their bank and making it harder for them to pay their bills. And even if they're not paid, you should still respect their art, just like I should respect your shoes and leave it alone. Think of how they feel by being them for one second. How would you honestly feel if someone just ripped off your art and then gave an excuse like that? You're not going to be happy, however flattering and insulting it is that someone did that. (Flattering in that your art is really good, insulting that someone would take it without asking). And no, some artists, like myself, do not like using watermarks. It mars the natural look of a drawing, thus I never use watermarks(seriously, it looks like someone splattered paint randomly on the page. Nasty). Okay...sorry, but I get kind of ruffled up when someone comments like that.

Archived