Violation

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was once framed for this kind of theft' date='and i didn't steal. I would like less strict rules, 'cause you might accidentally frame someone who did not steal art.

(Note: LamborghiniMan was the one who framed me, as seen in my rep details)

[/quote']

Go to the clubs section, there is a thread there with a preview of the new rules that will be instated.

fair enough, i myself am a member of dA, but to be honest i would not mind if someone was to use my artwork, why else is it on the site? to show off and hopefully benefit other people. i see where your coming from but dA lets you put a copyright symbol on, most people choose not too and thats their choice, but if they choose not too, it is their own fault that people are using their images.

this has been a growing problem on this site, and if people started too pay attention, most of the decent card makers give credit to the artist

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

to be honest i would not mind if someone was to use my artwork' date=' why else is it on the site? to show off and hopefully benefit other people.

this has been a growing problem on this site, and if people started too pay attention, most of the decent card makers give credit to the artist

[/quote']

Some people don't mind, but some do, and it's also against the law. For instance, it IS against the law to steal someone's bike - some people might not care provided it's brought back (like friends borrowing it), and others might insist that friends tell them first - it is not an unreasonable demand.

Artwork is posted online for several reasons. It's not just to show off and benefit others. For some, it is to advertise their goods, as art is a career for some, and having people take your goods is obviously bad for business. For others, it's to share and enjoy, but not free for the taking.

Would it bother you if someone took your cards without asking, and posted them elsewhere, and then maybe made money off of them? Wouldn't you feel you deserved some of the money? You would. Same goes with artists - art takes work (just try to make a painting of your own, and you'll know), and so you should respect the work of others, and not just take without asking.

That's all. Nothing unreasonable. Respect and consideration isn't a lot to ask.

Also, yeah, I understand not everyone behaves the same, and as such, some people give credit and ask, and others don't. People are mostly upset with those that don't ask, and don't credit, or those that try to pass off the work as entirely their own.

Archived