Pirates Reborn! [IC/Started/Always Accepting]

Kyng's Old Account

She growled a little, about to grab Kress' neck and slam into the ground when his attention span kicked in or well.. ran out. She let out a sigh. [color=#008080]"Anyone else regretting a crew that has a captain with a hooooooorible attention span? I better keep an eye on him. C'mon Sharn.."[/color] Maria chugged down her current mug, which was number three, and walked out of the bar, waving a little to the others. As she approached the ship, she seen the shady character and walked up to him. [color=#008080]"Hello.. Can I help you," [/color]she asked rather impatiently, [color=#008080]"Or are you just sight-seeing?"[/color]

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[i]"Aye, I be a sight seer." [/i]he said shortly as he looked over at the ship.[i] "It's legendary. Then again, it's old too. I cannae believe this lad got his ship. Then again, McGraw has a siliar quality in this lad, thirst for adventure. I only wish I could've seen the Mary Anne take her maiden voyage...and yet I don't." [/i]The shady man looked over at Maria and her dog as he explained. [i]"This ship i-" [/i][font=georgia, serif]"HEY MARIA! COME ON! I WANT TO SHOW YOU SOMETHING!"[/font] Kress yelled as he identified her voice, dashing off the ship and yanking her onboard. "Here! Look what I made! it's a squirrel!" he said, presenting the wooden figure, with incredible likingness of a squirel, to Sharn as he said [font=georgia, serif]"You can have fun with that!"[/font]

[color=#008080]"K-Kress! You shouldn't interrupt when two people are talking! That guy was about to tell me something about the ship.."[/color] She was about to go down the ramp when she noticed the guy was gone. [color=#40e0d0]'H-He's gone!?'[/color] [color=#008080]"...."[/color] She turned around to watch Sharn sniff at the squirrel. He was puzzled. It looked like a squirrel, but didn't smell like it. [color=#008080]"Silly boy.. Its not real. Its made out of wood."[/color] She went to Sharn and patted his head before turning her attention to Kress. [color=#008080]"Now about this issue ya have with being called a kid... And before ya can even think about it, I'll slam you into the ground if you get hotheaded with me... Anyways.. This is becoming an issue.. Ya could heard someone say kid in the crowd and you'll get pissed, even though it wasn't directed towards you.."[/color]

Kress looked at Maria seriosuly, he knew he needed to cool his jets. So instead of going hot headed, he took out his knife and bit it, his teeth pressing very very hard on the metal as he face remained smiling and jolly. He was doing his best not to literally erupt like a volcano, as he didn't want to be beaten to a pulp. [font=georgia, serif]"Go on." [/font]He said, his voice trembling a little as he tried to sounds as calm as he looked, which unfortunately wasn't that calm at all. His mouth said enough, his teeth tearing into the steel as he waited for Maria to continue.

[color=#008080]"This is what I mean.. I haven't called you a kid, just spoke the word and you're getting pissed off. Look at you. You have to bit your knife for kryminies' sake.. Why do you have such an issue with the word kid anyways? You're still young and older people are going to be calling you kid. Mostly because you're inexperienced, innocent and young."[/color] Maria crossed her arms. This was a serious issue. Just like his attention span, but that was something that could always be worked on later. He seemed to have a long attention span when it called for it. "[color=#008080]Me? Yeah, they still call me a kid once and a while, but not very often. The reason for why they don't call me kid as much as compared to you is because I'm what? 5 years older than you? And I've been sailing the seas and fighting for 3 years non-stop.."[/color]

Kress' teeth suddenly loosed it's grasp on the knife and he took it out of his mouth, seeing the dents his teeth caused. In fact, his canine teeth almost pierced the knife. [font=georgia, serif]"You're right. But the reason why I hate the word..." [/font]Then he walked up to the front of the ship overlooking the sea. [font=georgia, serif]"...is because it makes me feel like I'm unimportant, useless. And the whole reason I'm doing this whole pirate scheme? I want to be remembered for something other than a couple of people saying "Oh, look, it's that cooky carver ki-" I'm not even going to say it."[/font] he took a deep breath as he said[font=georgia, serif] "I just want to be recognized as something more than just a kid, which is why I look up to McGraw more than anyone. Sure, he's a perverted, abusive, violent and rude alcoholic with a lust for bloodshed with an inner heart of gold, but...well, no-one ever called him a nobody, everyone had to respect him. I mean, he slayed the Leviathan! It's eye is still in the museum as we speak!"[/font] Then he let out a sigh as he said [font=georgia, serif]"I dunno, I just don't want to feel like a nobody, is all."[/font]

She listened to Kress, walking with him to the side of the ship. [color=#40e0d0]'I know how he feels..'[/color] With her traveling so much and only staying in a spot for less that 24 hours, the only place she was known was at home. And there, her parents have probably long forgotten her, leaving only her brother to remember her, if he even did after all these years. Then there was the Duke's son, but he probably killed some look-a-like just to clear his name and has probably long forgotten her. [color=#008080]"Nobody wants to disappear into the sands of time.. No one.. Not even me.. But I don't want to be remembered for something bad either.. I'm sure you don't want to be remembered as the person that would always beat someone up because they said ki- the K word... Especially if it wasn't directed at you.."[/color] She looked at his knife and then at him. [color=#008080]"C'mon.. Lets get ya a real knife. A real knife would beat teeth, not lose to them. I'll buy."[/color]

Kress smiled at Maria when she comforted him. Then he laughed a little as she finished her sentace. [font=georgia, serif]"A really knife? What does a really knife do Maria?!"[/font] He teased as he bolted off the boat in hopes she wouldn't catch him, dashing through the streets untill coming to a direct halt when he spotted a wonderful knife, encrusted with diamonds embedded within a pure golden hilt, just trimmed with black leather to perfection, the blade itself a ruby glow, yet the metal was adamant. [font=georgia, serif]"Wow...how much?" [/font][i]"1 million." [/i]Kress' face dropped as he said [font=georgia, serif]"WHAT!?" [/font]The shopkeeper then suggested he'd buy something from the more adequet range, and the knives weren't to bad.[font=georgia, serif] "It needs to be good at carving too...hmm..."[/font]

Wyn decided it would be smart to head back to the boat, until something caught her eye. It was one of the sailors. [color=#b22222]'Sir, i assure it's her there are two people alive with that wrist knife thing, an Elf named Maidowyn and her mother.'[/color] he said [color=#b22222]'They're both on this islands most wanted list.'[/color]

[color=#ff0000]'Listen Steven, if she is the one we seek it doesn't matter'[/color] The more important one said [color=#ff0000]'She got away thanks to you lot!'[/color]

Maidowyn was very tempted to follow them but she didn't want to get in any more trouble. She turned and walked ti the end of the roof and jumped down. And there he was Kress marveling at a dagger. She went over to the stand hidden in the crowd she looked at the price tag [color=#0000ff][i]1 Million!.[/i][/color] She then felt in her pocket and found a round contraption, one of the things that guy hit and then they exploded, she stole it at the bar, [color=#0000ff][i]wrong? yup Useless? nope. [/i][/color] She throw it at the ground and it exploded releasing a cloud of dark smoke, there were screams all around her in the mayhem she quickly ziped toward the knife and picked it up and no one noticed. She waited for the smoke to clear then went and joined Kress

[color=#0000ff]'I got something for you, show you at the boat'[/color] She smiled

[b][color=#000000]'Where's the knife? the ruby knife it's gone'[/color][/b] she heard the merchant shouting she smiled again and headed back toward the ship.

She had completely forgot about what the sailors had said

Kress was still entranced by the amazing knife that was so out of his reach. But all of a sudden POOF! Out of nowhere smoke fills the area and Kress is left there, after hearing Maidowyn, with an agry merchant demaning to know the wherabouts of his extremelly valueable and rare knife. After pleaing innocent, being seen as guilty and check over and over to be prved innocent, Kress walked towards the ship as Maidowyn instructed. [font=georgia, serif]"I wonder why she wants me go to the ship? To give me som-!" [/font]Then he got it and ran as fast as he could, thinking he knew what Maidowyn had for him, the Ruby tinted dagger.

Jericho didn't bother listening to the old man's story, neither did she really notice the exchange between Kress and Maria. She had finally made a start on her own drink when Issun had begun telling them his own history and once she'd downed the whole glass she was already pretty drunk and became prone to several giggle fits as she watched Kress' antics when he ran out to chase a squirrel. She stood up and made to follow him before tripping over her own feet, 2 or 3 of her guns falling off her belt and onto the floor as she leant on the table for support.

[b]"I feel weird,"[/b] she said, still giggling slightly as she picked up her guns [b]"H-hey guys...You wanna go shoot a cow or something?"[/b]

As if in response she immediately grabbed one of the guns and pulled the trigger, thankfully the weapon was still unloaded and thus nobody got hurt but that didn't stop Jericho from trying.

[b]"Huh...Maybe if I run it a genie'll come out,"[/b] she giggle [b]"A bullet genie that gives me infinite bullets and stuffs."[/b]

She proceeded to start rubbing the gun with no results, completely oblivious to what was going on outside.

Raphael looked at Jericho and stood up, sighing. [color=#0000FF]"Alright lass, I do believe that is enough for you." [/color]he said putting her arm over his neck, helping her up. [color=#0000FF]"I'll meet you back at the ship." [/color]With that, Raphael helped Jericho back towards the ship....thought she was still seeing if a "bullet genie" would give her more bullets. [color=#0000FF]"Give it a rest, love. The bullet genie is working and won't be coming here today..." [/color]he smirked, playing around with the already drunken Jericho. [color=#0000FF]"Maybe you'll get bullets back at the ship."[/color]

Maria simply shook her head at Kress, especially when he started to run away. [color=#008080]"Atleast he learns fast! I wouldn't hit him for that comment, though."[/color] She was gonna go after Kress but figured she'd see him as she went out shopping for a collar for Sharn. Before she disembarked, she picked up her bag of supplies from earlier and went into the ship. [color=#008080]"So many rooms.. Hmm..."[/color] She decided on a room was second closest to the stairs. That way, if they were invaded at night, she'd hear the people go down the stairs and have enough time to grab her sword for a counter attack. As she put the bag down, she realized all her possessions burnt with her boat. [color=#008080]"*Sigh* I'm going to have to get a crap load more than just a collar..."[/color] With that, she disembarked the boat with her gold, aiming to get what she'll need for the journey.

As soon as she had told Kress where to see her she broke of into a sprint, not a lot worse than being caught. When she arrived in the docks she started to walk again. She walked up the ramp and headed below deck to go to her room, she opened the door and headed toward her bed, then from her robe she drew the ruby knife and hid it under her pillow.

She headed above deck to wait for Kress, to tell him where it was, but he's been seeming to take his time so she headed to the nest again and just sat there looking around. Then she remembered what the sailors where talking about. How she and her mother were among the most wanted on the island. [color=#0000ff][i]Why? [/i][/color]she asked herself [color=#0000ff]'Why?'[/color] she said aloud [color=#0000ff][i]what a day this has become [/i][/color] she giggled [color=#0000ff][i]to beleive i've only been here for about a day, i've killed about six men. What a journey this will be.[/i][/color]

But she refused to let that bother her, so she decided to look in at the horizon, the sun was setting,[color=#0000ff] [i]i Forgot how pretty sunsets are[/i] [/color]

Jericho made no objections to Refael helping her up still giggling and rubbing the barrel of her gun, she showed a some genuine dissapointment when Rafael mentioned he didn't think the 'Bullet Genie' was coming.

[b]"Aaaw, why noooot?"[/b] Jericho moaned [b]"Tha's n-no...not fair."[/b]

She let out a little hiccup and let Rafael half drag her back to the boat. Once back on deck she fell to her knees again, her head beginning to spin and her vision swimming before her.

[b]"Maybe...Maybe he'll come tomorrows,"[/b] she mumbled to herself before toppling over and passing out on the deck.

Unfortunately while Maidowyn was waiting for Kress, the lad was helping an old woman across the street. "Oh why thank you deary, you're a good kid!" She said in her kind spirits. The poor blind woman, couldn't see how mad Kress was getting. But he calmed down, he was getting better at managing it. [font=georgia, serif]"Okay, okay, okay. She's an old woman. New rule: Never an old woman or a little girl. Everyone else, it's fair game."[/font] So then he sprinted down to the ship and saw Maidowyn, his face beaming with joy. [font=georgia, serif]"MAIDOWYN! WHERE'S MY GIFT!"[/font] he said, running up to the elf like a kid on Christmas Morning, hisjoyous face beaming with innocence.

OOC: Love how you put so much emphasis on Kress getting mad when someone thinks he's like 3 years younger, yet Issun commonly gets mistaken for about 22 years younger until they see him close up... Yeah, Kress TOTALLY has it bad.

IC: Issun yelped in pain as Maria smashed her beer glass on his head, and then again as her dog bit his ankle, [color=#008000]"God damnit that hurt!" [/color]Issun grumbled, [color=#008000]"Damn girl and her damn dog" [/color]he grumbled low enough so they didn't hear him, and then turned back to the rest of the table, and decided to forget what was happening around him, including what was happening with Kress and Maria and some of the others. Issun started to down a few beers, but after his second one, noticed Jericho had gotten drunk already, [color=#008000]"Woah, you okay Babe with the gu- er, Jericho?" [/color]Issun asked her, but shrugged it off when Rapheal brought her back to the boat. He went up to the bar tender, [color=#008000]"Sorry about all the commotion, here's some money for the money the one chick broke on my head," [/color]He told the man, tossing a few coins his way, then went back to the table, and decided it was probably best not to drink five more beers, as he'd probably get drunk after one more sip because of his stature. He exited the bar, and went back on to the ship, where he found Jericho passed out on deck, [color=#008000]"Hey, Babe with the guns? You alright there?" [/color]he asked, then knelt down, [color=#008000]"Nope, looks like she's passed out" [/color]Issun shrugged, and stood back up, and looked around at the crewmates still above deck, [color=#008000]"You guys know where the rooms are? I'm getting a little tired and my head hurts after [b]SOMEONE[/b] broke a beer mug over my head that [b]I[/b] had to pay for!"[/color]

Maidowyn was pulled away from looking at the sunset. She turned and made a motherly smile, [color=#0000ff]'Calm down'[/color] She giggled [color=#0000ff]'It's in my room. Come on then follow me.'[/color] She walked down below deck and entered her room, leaving the door open for Kress to follow, she removed the pillow from the bed and picked up the blade.

[color=#0000ff]'Consider this my thanks for letting me join your crew'[/color] She said over her shoulder [color=#0000ff]'And by the way i must apologies for my behavior . It's just i'm new to this emotion stuff. Can you tell me about them?'[/color] Maidowyn new that it sounded pitiful and childlike but she didn't care.

[color=#0000ff]'I also over heard those sailors say something...'[/color] She said looking down at the floor. [color=#0000ff]'They said that my motehr and I were on this place's most wanted list. I don't think I've done anything that major' [/color]She started to feel sad, at least that's what she thought it was and then she burst into tears so she went to sit on her bed. She put her head in her hands ignoring the knife she was holding

[color=#008000]"You guys know where the rooms are? I'm getting a little tired and my head hurts after [b]SOMEONE[/b] broke a beer mug over my head that [b]I[/b] had to pay for!" [/color]was what Maria heard as she got on the ship once more, with a bag full of clothes and needed items. [color=#008080]"Well if you were respectful with me, non of that would have happened."[/color] Sharn, who wore a simple black leather collar, barked, as if agreeing with Maria. She opened the door and walked in, [color=#008080]"Rooms are down here, by the way."[/color] She slipped into her room and set it with her newly bought items. One of the new items was another sword she bought, just in case she lost her current one. She also got a good, brand new knife for Kress. The simple design to it allowed it to do a variety of things.

Issun glared at Maria as she responded to him, [color=#008000]"I said it only [b]LOOKED[/b] like I was staring at your melons! I suffer from dwarfism! It's hard to look at normal people eye level!" [/color]Issun reasoned with her, but just shook his head, [color=#008000]"Gah, never mind!" [/color]he grumbled, then sighed, [color=#008000]"Well someone should probably bring this babe down to her own room, the deck of a ship isn't a good resting place" [/color]Issun told the crew, that may have still been above deck, [color=#008000]"Meh, I'll just do it" [/color]Issun shrugged, at slowly struggled to pick Jericho up and carry her down, [color=#008000]"Tougher... then... first... presumed" [/color]he managed to get out as he carried her, opened one of the doors near the end of the row, and carefully hoisted her onto the bed, and laid her guns that she had on her at the foot of her bed, [color=#008000]"Well... that was... exhausting" [/color]he panted, then dragged himself to the room across from the one he was just in, and lifted himself up to the bed and almost immediately started sleeping.

Kress pursued Maidowyn into her room and when she removed the pillow his eyes were little stars gleeming at the sight of the marvelous knife. He was about to drool in marvel until Maidowyn apologized for her behaviour. Kress, wanting the blade so badly, said [font=georgia,serif]"It's fine Maidowyn, besides I understand, I'd never let anyone insult my mama. I'd have them on the edge of extinction. You're apology isn't accepted, since there isn't anything to forgive!"[/font] Then he sat down on her bed as he said [font=georgia,serif]"Well, emotions make us who we are inside. It makes us happy, sad, angry, bored...and, well, as you've seen in me, absolutely furious!" [/font]He said with an innocent chuckle, moving his hand slowly towards her's for the knife.

It soon retreated as Maidowyn spoke of her and her mother being on the most wanted list. Kress was taken a little of guard when she told him this, who exaclty did he have on his ship? Was he going to be safe?[font=georgia,serif] "Erm, well, from what I've seen you're a really nice woman, so I can't see why..." [/font]Then he slowly took the nife and held it in his hands in marvel, tears forming in his eyes. "It's amazing!" He said, but looking back at Maidowyn he felt a little sad. He gave her a hug and said [font=georgia,serif]"Hey there, it's okay. After all, I bet your mama will be proud of you. Especially for getting me this amazing knife! Cheer up, besides, tomorrow we set sail for the Citadel!". [/font]Kress spoke in a exciteable manner, the electricity in the air flickering as his smile grew. [font=georgia,serif]"I CAN'T WAIT!" [/font]He cheered aloud before running to the door. Before he left he said [font=georgia,serif]"Goodnight Maidowyn, sweet dreams!" [/font]and he closed the door softly before heading to his quarters.

'Good night to you too' she said quietly despite the door being closed. She decided to lie on her bed and try to get some sleep, She kept drifting in and out of sleep. 'Ah, Screw this i'm never going to be able to go to sleep' She got up and opened her door as quietly as she could as to avoid awaking anyone. She headed back above deck to her favorite spot, the crow's nest. Over her time on this boat she had made a target on a mast opposite from her.

She unsheathed her throwing knives and throw them at the target she didn't miss a single throw. When she ran out of knives she cleared the target and used her bow for a bit. After about an hour she just sat in the crow's nest, just listening to the swish swash of the waves and the howling of the wind. [i]Why, Why, Why? [/i]she asked herself [i]What have i ever done in my life to get me on the most wanted?[/i] she just sat there thinking and thinking the same question over and over again.

In his quarters, Kress let out a sigh.[font=georgia, serif] "Wow. I can't believe it. First day and I've gotten me a reliable crew." He walked over to McGraw's old desk as he sat in his chair contemplating what had happened. "I met Rafael, heck, he's a hell of a guy. I bet he'll be my best mate here. I know, one day, his casanova attitude will land him the right girl. And then Jericho. I saw her in the bar, when I was skidding across the bench running for my skin! Wow, she sure is cute...and quite funny too. Heck, when I say funny though, Issun is definately the king. I suppose his upsetting illness just adds to the charm...ah, then we have Maria, and her dog Skarn. She's well hot! Aren't I lucky to have a crew filled with such cute girls! Even Maidowyn, and the knife...well, I need to thank her properly for it. Lark...I don't know that much about him actually. That's what I'll do then! Tomorrow I'll find out a little more about Lark!"[/font]

After this thought, he smiled and looked at the [url="http://www.iaza.com/work/110914C/iaza15504611355600.jpg"]portrait[/url] that hung behind his head and thought aloud again. [font=georgia, serif]"McGraw, sure you were a devil of a man, but you stand out. One day, I'll get your treasure and I'll stand out just like yo-" [/font]Suddenly Kress stopped all of a sudden, as if he said something wrong. The young pirate then scanned through McGraw's Diary and found why he felt differently, and why he stopped.

[font=georgia, serif]"Y-you are a hero." [/font]Kress finished as he nodded to the Piarte's portrait, closing the book and taking a deep breath.[font=georgia, serif] "Well, I suppo-" [/font]Suddenly he head a sticking noise, as if something got stuck in the ship. He left his quarters and walked out to check it out, it was Maidowyn.

Kress watched the elf in the moonlight and smiled before walking up to her. [font=georgia, serif]"Can't sleep?" [/font]He said friendly as he looked at what she was doing. [font=georgia, serif]"Good aim, may I say."[/font]

Then he looked out to the sea, the tranquility of the moonlight on the water was amazing. [font=georgia, serif]"Maidowyn, I think you should stop worrying. Afterall, we are all here for you, you know that, right? Even though we are a crew, I like to call us more of a family." [/font]He smiled as he said that to the elf. [font=georgia, serif]"Yeah! Me and Rafa are the troublesome bros, Jericho is the happy-go-lucky sis, Issun is the grumpy grandad, Maria is the cool aunt, and you are the loving mom! We all work as a family!" [/font]He smiled at the elf as he gave her a hug.[font=georgia, serif] "Try get some sleep, you'll need it." [/font]he said as he ran back indoor and hopped into his bed.

Rafael was laying on his bed and sighed as he looked at the ceiling of his room. He couldn't sleep, right now he was thinking of his mother...and it was hurting him terribly. [color=#0000FF]"I hope I won't wake anyone up...but just to be on the safe side." [/color]Raphael said as he grabbed the ocarina from his pocket and left his room. He snuck out to the main deck of the ship and then climbed up to the crow's nest and then sat up there...alone and away from everyone. [color=#0000FF]"G-Good...." [/color]he said slowly. Raphael sighed and looked at the night sky as he sat in the crow's nest, bringing the ocarina towards his mouth...finally beginning to play it.

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0SrC7Vzw4fw]Naruto - Sadness & Sorrow (Ocarina)[/url]

Maidowyn thought about what Kress said, she was about to head back into her cabin until she heard some music. She looked up at the crow's nest and saw someone up there playing an instrument. She climbed up to the crow's nest silently [color=#0000ff]'Hey, couldn't sleep either?'[/color] She asked [color=#0000ff]'Please keep playing i like the sound of it'[/color] she pointed at the instrument. she swung her legs into the crow's nest and sat down next to Rafael. [color=#0000ff]'When you finish that song i have a challenge for you. I bet you can't hit that target'[/color] she smiled pointing at the home made target. [color=#0000ff]'And if i win you teach me how to play that thing, and if you win...well...that's upto you'[/color]

[color=#0000ff]She stood up 'I do like having the wind in my face'[/color] she said [color=#0000ff]'it kinda calms me down'[/color] She jumped of the edge of the crow's nest and caught a rope and swung over to where the target was. She gestured at it

Archived