Pirates Reborn! [IC/Started/Always Accepting]

Kyng's Old Account

Rafael jumped a little when Maidowyn jumped into the crow's nest, making him stop the song. [color=#0000FF]"O-Oh its you Maidowyn..." [/color]he said with a smile. He heard what she has propose and he smiled a little. [color=#0000FF]"I think I'll accept the challenge, lass." [/color]He stood up and then put his ocarina away, taking the flintlock pistol from his side and twirling it around in his hand. [color=#0000FF]"Teach you how to play? It takes a while to learn...but only if you win." [/color]Rafael chuckled, before pointing his pistol at the target and shooting towards it. However...a slight breeze blew and blew the shot a little ways away from the target. [color=#0000FF]"Um...that was not supposed to happen..."[/color]

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maidowyn couldn't help but to giggle[color=#0000ff] 'what was that!!?'[/color] She said to Rafael [color=#0000ff]'i guess it's my turn'[/color] Maidowyn jumped on the rope again and swung back to the crow's nest. And without aiming spun and throw a knife which hit the target in the center. [color=#0000ff]'Sooooo how do you play that thing?'[/color] she said [color=#0000ff]'you know what i don't really care i'd rather just watch the sunset, you gain?'[/color] gesturing at the rising sun.

[color=#0000ff]'Just out of interest why were you out her Raf, may i call you that?'[/color] she asked looking at him with concern. She then rested her head on his shoulder staring at the horizon [color=#0000ff]'What do you think the citadel's going to be like?'[/color]

[color=#0000FF]"Well the ocarina is a hard instrument to master...I'll teach you if you want." [/color]Raphael said with a smile. Then he heard Maidowyn ask about why he was out here. Soon the smile was gone, and he looked a little depressed. [color=#0000FF]"I-I was thinking of my mother..." [/color]he said as he ran his hand through his hair. [color=#0000FF]"She died in cold blood and both me and my dad knew it was one of the Noblemen....but we couldn't prove it. I was taught to play the ocarina by my dad that day...a-and...everytime I play it...I can almost feel my mother here..."[/color]

Maidowyn looked back at him[color=#0000ff] 'You know what I was thinking about my mother too'[/color] She said, her eyes moved down [color=#0000ff]'You'll be the only person i'll ever tell this story to, so please keep it to yourself...My father he was a pirate, he set out to the citadel like we are except when he returned he went crazy, and one night..he...[i]he killed mother...[/i]' [/color]she felt a wet thing slide down her face, she was crying again. she laughed sadly [color=#0000ff]'Sorry this probably isn't attractive'[/color] she stood to leave and started climbing over the edge of the crow's nest...[color=#0000ff]'Sorry to hear about your mother..'[/color] she started to climb down.

Raphael heard Maidowyn's story and watched as she started leaving. He quickly grabbed her hand and smiled a little. [color=#0000FF]"It doesn't matter to me...Maidowyn. You lost your mother...crying is basically telling everyone that you miss her." [/color]he said, looking into her eyes. [color=#0000FF]"You should never just think of it as being a weakness, cause its not. I've learned that myself...and trust me...its better if you let it out. Cause if you keep it in...you may just end up like Issun, all grumpy and what not."[/color]

Maria woke up as Sharn barked loudly, wanting to go pee badly. [color=#008080]"Fine! Fine!"[/color] Maria got dressed and grabbed a few things off of the table next to her bed. As she opened her door, Sharn rushed outside and ran down the ramp, finding a spot to pee. Meanwhile, Maria went up the stairs and spotted Kress. [color=#008080]"Kress, I got some stuff for ya."[/color] She first took out a knife and handed it to Kress. [color=#008080]"Like I promised. And secondly.."[/color] She took the small thing of cloth she held and unfolded it. It was a black material, the size of a standard flag.[color=#008080] "Look what at I made. We are going to need a flag after all."[/color]

[spoiler=Flag]
[img]http://i382.photobucket.com/albums/oo261/AisuGhost/Flag.jpg[/img]
[/spoiler]
[color=#008080]"Well.. What do ya think of it?"[/color] she asked patiently, waiting for Kress' response.

Kress was beginning to strech when Maria came up to him with this huge mass of black material and a knife. [font=georgia, serif]"Thanks, this'll be an awesome battle knife."[/font] He said but inside he felt [i][font=georgia, serif]"Great, now if I use my ruby knife, Maria will get upset, and if I use this knife, Maidowyn will get upset!" [/font][/i]Then she proudly prsented the flag. And as it unravelled, Kress's eyes lit up with excitement. [font=georgia, serif]"That's...in...CREDIBLE! I CAN'T BE-Ouch!" [/font]He jumped to high and smacked his head on the ceiling, causing him to knock himself out. [font=georgia, serif]"Ai-yai-yai..." [/font]with stars circling his head, he fell asleep again.

She looked down at her hand then up at Rafael. 'Thanks you're really kind to me...Well i got to do...stuff now, see you around' She smiled and slowly slipped out her hand from his. 'Oh, By the way, the crow's nest is my station...' She smiled again.

She quickly climbed down from the crow's nest and headed toward the captains quarters, when she arrived she saw Kress on a chair fast asleep, and next to him sat Maria Maidowyn laughed 'What did you do this time...? or was it your dog?' She headed toward the Captain 'Wakey Wakey Cap'in got a new day ahead of us..' She shook him and after a while worked out that it was pointless so instead she throw him on the ground. She giggled at how he didn't seem to notice.

'Ah well i tried...Maria i'm of to the town for supplies want to come with?' she said as she was leaving

Lark didn't get much sleep in his room that night. He just wasn't used to sleeping on a ship anymore. Strange what sleeping on solid land for a couple days could do. When morning finally came, he wandered out to explore more of the ship, leaving his hood down this time. It really was a big place. Much bigger than he first thought. He still didn't know how it worked, but that didn't concern him anyway. What was of more interest to him was where he could lounge about on the ship. And where he could store his bomb making supplies. Speaking of which, he was low on gunpowder. He would have to spend some of his money on that too.

Raphael smiled and then got out of the crow's nest and climbed back down to the deck. [color=#0000FF][i]Maidowyn...she isn't all that bad of a person. Hopefully what I told her will make her see she doesn't have to hide under that mask of 'I'm a tough person'...just be who she is. [/i][/color]he thought as he put his hands behind his head, looking out at the sea. [color=#0000FF][i]Well, the sea has a nice look to it today...we might have a smooth sail today. I'm pretty sure the captain would be very happy about that.[/i][/color]

Jericho let out a low moan as she began to wake up which quickly became a groan of pain as she clutched her head. She sat up in bed, trying to shake the hangover out with little success, she even considered shooting it out but figured it would be a waste of ammunition. She quinted about the room, her eyes still getting used to the light filtering in from the window.

[b]"Huh...Pretty,"[/b] she muttered as she stifled a yawm.

She hopped out of bed and made her way out of her room and up to the deck, still rubbing her temple to try and ease her headache.

Issun woke up with a yawn, and sat up in bed, slightly dazed, [color=#008000]"Hmm? Oh that's right... that kid's pirate ship" [/color]Issun recalled, trying to remember where he was. Issun slowly climbed out of his bed, and went outside, back on to the deck, seeing multiple people already there. He first noticed Jericho, who seemed to be rubbing her temples, [color=#008000]"Hey there, drink a little to much yesterday ba- er, Jericho?" [/color]Issun asked her, with a bit of a smile forming on his lips, then noticed Raphael, and waved to him, [color=#008000]"Hey there. What're you doing up so early? You look like you're already accustomed to the day today, not like how I normally look when I wake up, tired and all"[/color]

Seeing that Maidowyn was leaving, Lark hurried after her. "Maid... Maida... Maido?" he realized he didn't remember her name, so he improvised; using the safest title he (as a former slave) knew. "Mistress, hold on! Are you going into town?" he asked, catching up to her. He held up his little pouch of gunpowder for her to see. "I am low on gunpowder, explosives and other supplies to make my bombs. Do you mind if I follow you." He stopped and thought it over. "Um, do you know where they sell gunpowder too? Maybe a fireworks store?"

Unaware at what had just occured, Kress woke up from his little moment, soon seeing many feet walk past him. [font=georgia, serif]"What the- Oh, is everyone up?" [/font]He then stumbled onto his two knees and shook his head, still a little dizzy from the smack. He then climbed up using Maria as a support, helping him get up.[font=georgia, serif] "Oh boy, I've got to calm down...oh yeah! What an awesome flag! I love it so much!"[/font] Kress finally finished as he ran outdoors and up to the helm. Looking over the sea he saw a wonderful day ahead. [font=georgia, serif]"Alright! let's get a move on! Last things get them now! We're heading out to the Citadel!"[/font]

Jericho wandered over to the side and leant of the railing, still trying to rub the hangover out of her head.

[b]"What was I even doing last night?"[/b] She asked herself, looking around and finally realizing she was on a ship [b]"Did I get drunk and join the navy or something?"[/b]

She was snapped out of this train of thought when Issun came up to her, no doubt still half-asleep himself, calling Jericho by name and jogging her memory a bit.

[b]"Hm...Oh right,"[/b] she piped up, her memory finally unclouding as she began to wake up properly [b]"You're that shouty guy...Er...Inshun or something, right?"[/b]

About a second later Kress came bounding out of the captain's quarters with as much energy as he always displayed, eagerly announcing that they'd be setting off the to citadel today. Jericho found herself silently wondering just what they'd find at such an infamous place and how many things there where for her to shoot. The train of thought reminded her that her guns still needed reloading and she quickly straightened up, streched, and then hopped below deck to open up her trunk. She sat cross legged in her room as she re-stocked each of her guns with gunpowder and bullets, humming happily to herself at the prospect of shooting three-headed-zombie-wereworlf-samurai or anything along those lines.

'OH, hey, Lark is it?' she said smiling as happily as she could 'Sure feel free to come along. However I don't know where to get gunpowder at a shop but I imagine the Blacksmiths could have some I could be stealthy and steal some or you could.'
She continued walking down the dock, toward on of the places she knew best the Blacksmith. When she arrived she started by browsing some weaponry, once the Blacksmith saw her he instantly tried to get her to buy. 'Ah, that you can't get anywhere else but here and it'll only cost you 20..' he said
'No,please stop bugging me i will buy something eventually' she replied and continued her browsing...' Hey, whats that?' she asked
'Ah, the rare bow, it was said to belong to an Elf who had a daughter named maid-wyn or something of the kind...but this isn't very popular so i'll take 10 for it'
'Deal!' she said not thinking about it.

Maria patiently waited for Kress to regain consciousness. [color=#008080]"Kress, I think two people have left.. That elf chick and beastman. Also, there's one more feature to the flag. Don't jump, this time, okay?"[/color] She took the flag and turned it inside out, revealing the flag of Port Corona. [color=#008080]"Its reversible... After all, we're going to be switching flags like crazy, so might as well make it a two in one flag.. Also, I've been meaning to ask this.. Do you even know how to sail a ship? Swerving back and forth cause you seen a dolphin or whatever doesn't count as sail.."[/color] She laughed a little at that as she waited for Kress' reply.

[font=georgia,serif]"Know how to sail a ship! Look who you are talking to!" [/font]Kress said as he laughed heartily...then it turned into a murmur as he pulled Maria close to him and whispered in her ear [font=georgia,serif]"I haven't got the faintest idea. I had someone sail me here."[/font] As he ran over to the other side of the helm, he looked over the railing, marveling at the clear water. [font=georgia,serif]"I can't wait! Finally I'll show my hero just how good a pirate I am, and I'll be remembered for all eternity!"[/font] He shouted at the top of his lungs as he span around and fell onto the floor laughing as he watched to clouds pass overhead.

There was a brilliant flash of light in the morning sky, much like lightning arcing but never making contact. Strange thing was there was no thunder, not immediately after, not even afew moments after. What did follow was more or less an earth rumbling boom, much like a sonic boom when a jet broke the sound barrier. After the boom died down, and the ringing in the ears of anyone who had heard it subsided, the sound of someone yelling could be heard on the air. Lastly was the sound of the splash, which seemed to be alot closer than any sound before seemed. In reality it was, he had splashed down almost right next to the ship in fact. Surfacing for air he gasped and coughed. "Whoo....what a refreshing dip if I do say so myself." He trailed off, soon shouting. "Oh no! MY MAPS! THEY'RE GETTING WET...." He looked to his wrist, looking over the many watches. "AND MY WATCHES HAVE ALL STOPPED!?!?! Oh wait...." He laughed. "They never ran to begin with." He turned his attention to the ship and blinked a bit before yelling up as he tred the water. "HEY! HEY UP THERE! LIL HELP PLEASE?"

And it was this call that stole Kress' limited attention span, Kress darting towards the side of the ship and spotting a man in the sea. [font=georgia,serif]"HEY! OVER HERE! WE CAN SEE YOU! HI!"[/font] Kress shouted, soon forgetting about the request and just shouting conversations [font=georgia,serif]"NICE WEATHER AIN'T IT! I HAVEN'T SEEN THE SUN SO BRIGHT OUT FOR A LONG TIME! MAKES A NICE CHANGE, DON'T IT! ANYWAY, MY NAME IS KRESS! WHAT'S YOUR'S!" [/font]Then he realized the man needed help out of the water, facepalming himself, and then tossing a rope overboard he said [font=georgia,serif]"Come on guys, give us a hand and heave this man aboard!"[/font] followed by him beckoning to the man [font=georgia,serif]"DON'T WORRY! I'LL HAVE YOU UP IN NO TIME, JUST GRAB THE ROPE!"[/font]

He grabbed the rope and more or less in the blink of an eye, sat on the railing of the ship. He shook his head, sending water over the deck of the ship as he started untying his shoes and poured the water out of them before putting them back on. "Oh much appreciated. My trajectory was off it seems. Or you put your ship in my damn flight path!" He pointed to the sail's mast as he shouted the last bit, then turned to the one who had shouted down to him. "Oh, there you are. Anyways, my name's Greed and....." He had to stop and shook his head again, a small fin popping out of his ear. "What in the world?" He asked as he tugged on it once. "Get outta my ear..." He tugged and tugged. "Ok, you are stubborn, persistent...and charming, but you have got to go!" He said with one final tug, pulling a whole trout from his ear. "Anyone up for breakfast?" He laughed, holding up the fish to the man who helped him up.

Maria face-palmed herself when Kress told her he had no idea how to sail a ship. [color=#40e0d0]'SON OF A BIT-'[/color] Her thought was cut off when a loud boom sounded. [color=#008080]"HOLY HELL! What was that!?"[/color] She then heard a man screaming in the water besides them. [color=#40e0d0]'What the hell is going on!?'[/color] She she got to the side, Kress put a rope over the side. [color=#008080]"This is just too strange..[/color][color=#008080]"[/color] It even got stranger when the man, Greed, pulled a trout out of his ear. [color=#008080]"Our boat has been stationary for at least a day... So I'd say your flight path was off... Not us.."[/color] She looked him up and down, there was something off about this guy. [color=#008080]"I'm guessing you're not from around here? And did I hear something about maps? We should probably spread them out to get them to dry before they get ruined..."[/color]

[OoC: He is onboard now Aisu]
Kress stared at the soaking wet men as he pulled a whole entire trout from his ear. Whereas many would find this strange, repulsive, and upsetting to the stomach, Kress found it as an amazing talent. [font=georgia,serif]"COOL! Can you store things in your ear! That'd be so awesome! But then again it could mess up your hearing wouldn't it? That would be weird." [/font]Then he touched the trout and said [font=georgia,serif]"Breakfast...hmm, sure, I could use a bite to eat, but the thing is I can't cook! Besides, we were just setting sail to the Grandest of the Grand, the Oldest Pre-War Pirate landmarks ever! The Pirate's Citadel! I CAN'T WAIT!" [/font]Then he quickly swivled to Maria and said [font=georgia,serif]"Thanks by the way! You're quite a tough customer!"[/font]

Greed puled his goggles off his eyes, letting a small amount of water spill out before he put them on his forehead. WHat was the surprising part was he was wearing a pair of sunglasses under the goggles. "Storing things in one's ear? Perish the thought....although, it does seem plausible. All one would have to do is expand the thermal intake of any given...." ANd with that he trailed off, seeming to doodle in the air with his hands, and occasionally punched numbers on an invisible calculator that seemed to float in front of him, and him alone. "Nope nope, won't work. Won't work at all. Wait? DId you say the Citadel? Oh You'll need a map of it wont you? Oh please oh please oh please let me make a map of it when we get there captain?" He seemed to jump up and down with excitement as he asked. He looked to Maria and nodded. "Oh crap on a hat, I forgot about the maps!" He rushed around like a chicken with his head cut off, spreading map after map out over the deck of the ship, but in a precise area, more so not in anyones way. "ANd no...last time I checked...I wasnt from here...and last time I checked was..." He looked at each broken watch on his wrists. "Oh wait...still broken."

Jericho hummed merrily as she finished reloading all of her firearms, storing each of them back on her belt and smiling enthusiastically as she spun the last one about on her finger. She was interrupted by the sounds of a loud boom coming from somewhere and for a moment thought she might have fired her gun off accidentally, however the lack of any immediately noticable bulletholes in the woodwork around her and the sudden yelling for help coming from outside quickly proved her wrong. She put the gun with the rest massing on the belt hiding under her skirt and quickly jogged from her room back up onto the deck in time to see a man pulling a trout from his ear.

Jericho cheerfully walked up to the Kress and the man as he began to wiggle his fingers about in mid-air, muttering something.
[b]"Hello,"[/b] she said cheerfully [b]"Where did you fall from?"[/b]

Archived