Pirates Reborn! [IC/Started/Always Accepting]

Kyng's Old Account

Kress was amused by the man, he didn't know what he was doing or where he was going. It was like someone he could relate to...no it wasn't. He seemed disorganized and all over the place, and Kress...well, his attention span insulted squirrels, nothing more needed to be said on that remark. As Jericho walked behind him, he turned and said [font=georgia,serif]"Jericho! Hi! How are you! I didn't catch you at the bar at all, I hope you're feeling dandy as always...wait a minute." [/font]Then he blushed as he realised what he had just done. [font=georgia,serif]"I'm sorry, guy, I just have a very distractable nature about me! In fact, I need a pet squirrel! Hey Maria! After the Citadel, can we go find a squirrel! I bet Sharn could pick up the scent of one easy peasy...I'm doing it again."[/font] He slapped himself as he tried to remain focused.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He stood up, striking a rather superheroic pose. "Why from the sky miss." He said, pointing up towards the clouds. He chuckled as he took off his glasses, drying them, and also exposing very light blue, almost wolf like eyes as he looked between the three who had addressed him. "Generally when one falls, it's from a high place. Then again high is a very relative term considering the diverse range of any being's height from the ground. By comparison an eight foot tall man, has a longer way to fall than perhaps a man who's stature is that only of four feet. By comparison, the man who stands four feet has only half the distance to fall if tripped." He looked around, blinking a bit, expecting very confused faces. "But regardless. I fell from the sky."

Maria let out a small sigh to herself. At this rate, she'll most likely become captain. She wasn't sure whether she could man a ship where half the people in were... not as sane as her. Sure, Kress was sane, but he had a very short attention span and a major issue with the word kid. And now, this man who fell out of the sky, was.. well.. everywhere like Kress, but more focused. He atleast stuck with one subject to ramble on about. As Maria noticed Greed's eyes, Sharn came back aboard after finishing with matters with his bladder. [color=#008080]"Hey boy."[/color] She rubbed Sharn's head just before he walked up to Greed and sniffed him.

Greed dropped down and sniffed the animal, then himself, then the animal again before standing up and sniffed his own shirt. "Oh...ok I get it now. He smells the brimstone. Kinda sticks to you when you dangle inside a volcano for about a day." He chuckled. "Wait wait...it's other things too....brimstone....salt...and...oh wait i know this one." He said as he sniffed again and again. "Smells familiar....oh I know this...Don't help me..." He stopped for a second before looking at the animal sniffing him. "You know it too huh? Yep no doubt in my mind, definitely chronotons! Yup yup, must have picked some up as I dropped."

[color=#008080]"Chronotons? What, pray tell, is that?"[/color] Both Maria and Sharn looked at the man funny. [color=#008080]"I know chrono means time.. But I've never heard of a chronoton.."[/color] As she awaited for an answer from Greed, she went over to his maps and looked at them. [color=#008080]"I've never heard of half of these places!"[/color] She picked up one of the maps, carefully, and examined it. [color=#008080]"The... Empire State Building?!"[/color] She set it down carefully and picked up another. [color=#008080]"Twin Towers? Located in... New York, New York? Greed, what is all of this?!"[/color]

"Chronotons are the small tingling you feel when you leap from time." He watched as she looked over the maps. "Well, those are of New York City in the Year 1999. How can you have never heard of the city that never sleeps? Or is that las vegas..." He shrugged a bit. "Be that as it may. ....wait...oh right right chronotons. They are sub atomic particles that keep time and space bound together, and even the slightest rip in sub atomic space..." And with this he snapped his fingers, appearing on the other side of the ship in the blink of an eye. "Allow for faster than light travel, which in turn makes it so...." And again he snapped his fingers, appearing behind her with the map. "Allows me to travel to any given point in time. Have I lost anyone yet?"

Jericho blinked, utterly confused by Greed's answer to what had been more of a joke than a question, leading Jericho to become utterly confused by not only his long winded answer but by how he actually took it seriously. By the time he was finished all Jericho could do was smile and nod and pretend she knew what he was talking about.

[b]"Oh...Okay then,"[/b] She said cheerfully, still completely baffled by him.

Her eyes then trained on the maps that Maria had picked up and was now examening and she leant over to get a better look at them. They where soaked through but still legible...At least fairly legible considering Jericho had no idea how to read a map, let-alone a map for a place that didn't actually exist yet. Greed had, of course, launched into another mini-lecture that Jericho couldn't even begin to follow and soon looked as if her brain had just blown a fuse. She snapped out of it when Greed suddenly teleported from one end of the boat to another and back again. Unable to comprehend anything of what he just said or did Jericho simply raised a hand and asked.

[b]"If there's a New York then what happened to the Old York?"[/b] She asked [b]"And do they sell guns that can hold more than one bullet at a time?"[/b]

[color=#008080]"The year 1999!? That's atleast 100 years from now!"[/color] She watched as he instantly appeared at one end of the ship. [color=#008080]"Wh-What!?"[/color] [color=#40e0d0]'Time travel! No... He must be using some type of magic... Has the Devil possessed this man and given him nonhuman powers?!'[/color] She then jumped and let out a yelp as Greed appeared right behind her. Sharn, being protective of Maria and hearing her yelp, rushed to Greed and attempted to bit into his right calf, thinking that he brought some type of harm to Maria. (Btw, for those who don't know... Sharn is part wolf and part Shiba. Pure white fur)

Greed watched as the animal bit into his calf, only to release a stream of shadows from the wound. "Well that'll learn ya pup." He smiled and patted the animals head before turning his attention to the two studying his maps. "Actually, 1999 is about 110 years from now if i remember correctly. Then again, my memory isn't what it used to be. Nothing happens in quite the right order for me, which makes it interesting at weddings....specially my own." He trailed off, then shook his head, rolling up the maps, which were dryer than before and tucked them into his seemingly endless pockets, almost looking like he wound vanish into it. "And to answer your question, yes...they have alot of guns in that year....nasty little buggers they are in my eyes."

Lark used some of his many hard earned skills to slip unnoticed into the back of the shop. He was a bit concerned over Mia-something's sudden obsession to shop. He was certain they came with the intention to steal. And it was her command that they do so. Well, it provided him a a more than adequate cover, so he took it. His cloak not only provide him a good cover, but it was filled with pockets, secreted an not. As a companion and guard, he was expected to have things his mistress might need, but they also came in handy for slipping away appropriated goods.And there were more than enough sacks laying to store things in, so he helped himself to those too.

The blacksmith had a good stock of gunpowder, much higher quality than he could normally afford, so he took a good deal of that, enough to last him for dozens, scores even, of bombs. Metal shavings were always good, that length of twine would make good fuses, and wire! Nice. He sniffed some of the powders and took what smelled interesting or familiar, for color and effects. A few pieces of metal. He spotted a nice sword short to go with his uniform on the wall and added that to his bag. There was a small living space in the back, and Lark found a pair of pants and two tunics that would fit him with a but of tailoring, so those too when into his assorted bags. His appropriation spree more or less finished, he slipped out the back window into an alley, and double around to where Mai-something could see him. Now, all he needed was some pepper and sugar, and he would be good for a long time.

Maidowyn was to engulfed in her new bow to notice that Lark was ready to go... after she had spent another 5 minutes staring at the bow she finally returned to reality and nodded at Lark and turned and walked toward the ship. [color=#0000ff][i]So this is the day, we're finaly going to the Pirate Citadel.[/i][/color]

After she had made sure that the blacksmiths was long gone she turned and asked Lark [color=#0000ff]'You get some?'[/color] she turned her head forward [color=#0000ff]'Well guess we better get back to the boat we do set sail today, after all.'[/color]

She was excited about the journey ahead but at the moment the only thing she wanted to do is shoot stuff with her special bow. After another 10 minutes or so she arrived back at the boat and boarded it. Said hi to a few of the crew then she continued below decks to her room. When she got there she sat down and took off her bow from around her shoulder and stared at it, taking in any detail she could, from the ruby's to the cavings of dragons and other mythical creatures. [color=#0000ff]'luckily I got you before anyone else did'[/color] she spoke as if the bow was human [color=#0000ff]'You know what it almost feels like destiny that I found you, the day on which we set sail.'[/color]

She shouldered her bow again and headed above deck and went to her favourite spot on the boat, the crow's nest, she stood shooting at her makeshift target filled with the anticipation of what is to come. But part of her also remained scared as the Citadel was the place her father headed before he went crazy. She took a break and looked down and saw Rafael [color=#0000ff]'Hey Raf, can i talk to you for a bit?'[/color]

Raphael was just looking out at sea, when he heard Maidowyn's voice behind him. [color=#0000FF]"Hm, oh Maidowyn." [/color]he said with a smile, as he took his hand and fixed his hair before putting his hand in his pocket. [color=#0000FF]"So, what may I help you with today miss?" [/color]Right now she looked like she had something really wrong and big on her mind. Though Raphael was a little happy that he was chosen to have Maidowyn talk to him, must've been his great personality. [color=#0000FF][i]Now, let's not lay the charm on her too much... [/i][/color]he thought.

Jericho looked slightly hurt when Greed mentioned his dislike of guns and almost immediately turned away dissaprovingly, walking off to the other side of the ship to lean on the railing and look out over the ocean. She tried to distract herself by thinking of what they might find at the Pirate Citadel again, ignoring her nagging notion to shoot Greed's kneecaps off. Soon enough she was lost in a fantasy of fighting undead-lizard-men in a room with a descending spike ceiling, a smile crossing her face as she imagined their faces being blown in by her beloved weapons.

(OoC: Due to a HUGE ASS operating system malfunction and a low quality rebooting, I can't access editting mode, so I will be changing the way I write to this (what I do from now on) as my default mannerism)

Kress wanted to pay attention to Greed's story of the future, which was only a century ahead of them, but he was caught up on the idea of a pet squirrel so badly. Not only are they hard to find on Carribean Islands, they are also notoriously hard to find and catch period. It's not like throwing a net ovr a butterfly, they are cunning, fast as lightning, and lethal biters. But oddly enough, that only got Kress even more excited about getting one.

[b]"That's it! I've decided I'm getting a squirrel when we come back!"[/b] He cheered energetically, leaping and punching the air triumphantly and...freeze framing...landing gently as he smiled confidently. His spirit, as fiery as it was, would not be quenched easily.

[b]"Okay all, let's go! I want to set sail today! I kno exatly where we are going!"[/b] Kress said full with spirit and energy, taking out an old compas with the letter McG engraved on the lid, it pointed towards the western coast. He was rallyed up and ready to go, but realised Maria would be sailing the ship, so he took out a wooden block and began to carve in it with his ruby bladed knife Maidowyn gave him, the statuette was a squirrel with an eyepatch.

[color=#0000ff]'Yeah Raphael, you know last night? You said you were out there because you were thinking of your mother, Why?'[/color] She asked still distracted by the bow she was holding [color=#0000ff]'You don't have to answer if you don't want to'[/color] she finally looked up and took notice of Rapheal, then looked back at the bow running her fingers up the carvings, searching for a word or something that will prove that this bow was her mothers.

Her head flicked toward Kress after hearing they were setting sail [color=#0000ff]'How long should it take Captain?'[/color] she asked down from the Crow's nest[color=#0000ff] 'Also this is my post, okay?'[/color] sending her last words to everyone in earshot. [color=#0000ff][i]Here we go...[/i][/color]

Rafael looked at Maidowyn and sighed. [color=#0000FF]"Why? Mainly cause...I missed her. When I see the sunset I usually think of her, mainly because my father tried to make me feel better when the sunset." [/color]he chuckled a little and then smiled. [color=#0000FF]"To be honest, my father told me that she is watching me...that if I watch the sunset and play the ocarina...that I'd make her spirit happy. I always do this, to honor my mother and make her spirit happy. Just wish I could see here again."[/color]

Lark found a nice perch on the railing and made himself comfortable. He piled the four bulging sacks of his shopping on the ground beneath him and tugged the clothing from it. fetching his sewing kit form his bag, he stuck a couple pins in his mouth and unreeled his measuring string and started making marking on his new set of clothes, pin folds in place as he did. That done, he started hemming, trimming and sewing, quietly watching his crewmates has they went around. He was learning not to take anything Kress said too seriously. Otherwise, nothing would get done.

[size=3][color=#0000ff]'I know how you feel Raf, i truly do.'[/color] Maidowyn said [color=#0000ff]'For me i do wish i could see her again but the main reason, is i was there i saw her death, i stood round and did nothing...I should have done something...[size=2]I could have done something[/size]...' [/color]She noticed that she was crying again, she turned away from Raphael to avoid making eye contact. She put her hands on the crow's nest's sides and lent over staring at the see... thinking of the citadel...[/size]

[size=3][color=#0000ff]'And now i've got these Friggin' ... emotions of which i don't understand'[/color] she said more with anger than sorrow now. She decided to jump over the side and grab onto the rope hanging below to swing across to another mast...the one that only she could get to. She had decided if she was angry or felt some sort of emotion she would come over to this mast to think about it. She'd started coming over here a lot so she decided to make a make-shift tent on the thickest part of the mast [color=#0000ff]'Good Night, Raf'[/color] she said before disappearing into the tent.[/size]

[size=3]Now inside the tent she sat down on the so called stool, taking out her note book, writing down what had just happened [color=#0000ff][i]Felt a new emotion...Anger i think. [/i][/color]She sat there for a few minutes more before pulling out her necklace from her top. Maidowyn flicked it open [color=#00ff00][i]Hang on there dear [/i][/color]It said below the picture of her mother, smiling and holding her new born. [color=#0000ff]'I will mother..' [/color]she said crying[color=#0000ff] 'I will..'[/color][/size]

[color=#0000FF]"G-Good night Maidowyn..." [/color]Rafael said sighing. Seemed telling her about his mother and why he was doing what he was doing caused her to be upset. He quickly climbed down and then looked out at the sea again. [color=#0000FF][i]Wish there was a way I could make her feel better... [/i][/color]he thought as he fixed his hair and then pulling out his ocarina. [color=#0000FF][i]Well...I could give her this...but I want to get that legendary ocarina first...then I'll give her this. [/i][/color]Rafael thought smiling as he thought about the ocarina he was told about in his father's stories.

Kress, tapping his feet vigorously at the floor, was eager and rearing to go. And so he leaped dowbn from the helm, cleared his throat and bellowed "OKAY! I'm done waiting, let's get moving! Maria, get to the wheel, head eastwards and don't stop! We're going to the Citadel to find me my destiny!"

He was getting a little impatient actually, especially since he could navigate a ship for all the money in the world. In fact, a squirrel would do better.

Slowly walking into the captain's quarters, forgetting to close the door, he looked over at McGraw's journal and sighed, trying to get some sort of grasp on the Citadel, but nothing. No notes, no guidelines, nothing. "Hmm, well he sure liked to pee people off."

Maria was about to head up to the steering wheel, when she noticed Kress went under board. [color=#008080]"KRESS! Get back here! How are you suppose to learn how to navigate a ship if you're in your room! Now get up here!"[/color] Now she went up to the steering wheel, looking around, getting a feel for the terrain and try to spot any hidden dangers in the water.[color=#008080] "OH! Before I forget..."[/color] Maria went back down to the poop deck and began to hoist up the flag she made with Port Corona's flag being seen. [color=#008080]"Never reveal your true flag till you see the whites of your enemy's eyes.."[/color]

[i]It seemed the captain actually has the right idea for once[/i], Lark thought as he hastily stashed his away. He hated the actual sailing of a ship. He was curious about how it worked, but he wanted nothing to do with the actual act of sailing, so he slipped off below deck after Kress before Maria could grab him instead, his four bags held close to his chest. Wit nothing better to do, and not ready to head back to his room, he went to see what Kress was up to. He stuck his head into the room, looked around before heading in. "Hi captain. What are you doing?"

Kress, startled by Lark's lurking around, jolted and yelped as he looked left and right for the person behind him, his head a screw loose in surprised situations. "Umm...hello?" He genuinely thought ghosts were in the room. He locked the dorr, right? Well, Kress turned to see he was very wrong, McGraw's journal now on the floor.

"Oh! It's you Lark! You sure gave me a fright there!" Kress said as he chuckled filled with cheery spirit. "Well, in answer to your question, I'm reading up entries to my hero's journal, looking for clues on the Citadel."

Then Kress turned away from Lark and planted the book onto his desk, a puzzled look on his face. "So far, the only special thing I know is that there will be a book called "Piratas goberna para siempre" in there. So I'm guessing that book has what I'm looking for!"

"Oh," Lark offered a bit lamely. If Kress was what all captains were like, crews most have had a very hard time. Now that he thought about it, the reason they were still in port was more or less Kress' fault. He stifled his sigh and instead focused on what his captain was saying. Journal, citadel, books... For all he cared, Kress was talking gibberish. Piratas what now? And stuff from books... reading wasn't in his training. Nor writing. And he didn't care to learn either. But some of that was kind of interesting.

"What citadel are you looking for?" Lark asked curiously. The only citadels he could think of was the huge one whose roof he could see from some parts of master's estate, but that was months journey away. So it wasn't likely to be the one Kress was talking about. But, this was Kress.

"Which Cit-Which Citadel!?!" Kress asked as h turned to Lark with a look of complete bemusement. He couldn't believe he didn't know what he was talking about which in itself was ironic. Nobody rarely knew a word left his mouth because it was all random.

Kress then cleared his throat as he said "Well, according to late pre-Heart War history and early post-Heart War history, many pirates from the globe gathered to a single site, a place where all pirates would share their tales in the libraries, and where rum was a daily right. That was the Pirate's Citadel, and ironically the most famous pirate, in my opinion, one Frederick McGraw was not the head of the Citadel. It was some random bloke, but bottom line is that is where we are heading."

Then he walked out and back up to the ship's helm and said "OI! Maria! Come on! Let's get a move on! We're getting there by daylight! Head east!"

Archived