Official Zexal Dub Discussion and Complaint Thread

Astro Dude

Duel Tech  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Which Duel Tech would you prefer?

• Hologram Projectors
    • Virtual Reality
    • Augmented Reality
  2. 2. Do you think parents would approve of a 13 year old girl wearing a very short skirt?

• Yes
    • No

[quote name='Legend Zero' timestamp='1325084423' post='5734323']
If you feel a shows sucks then there is little changing the words around will do, because the images still portray most of the story.
[/quote]

You've never seen a good Gag Dub, have you? Some shows change from "meh" or "sucks" to "amazing" with a good Gag Dub.

Examples of how awesome gag dubbing can be are Ghost Stories dubbed and Duel Masters dubbed, and a few of the episodes in the English dub episodes of Yugioh GX.

• Replies 714
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[quote name='Mysty' timestamp='1325170841' post='5736662']
You've never seen a good Gag Dub, have you? Some shows change from "meh" or "sucks" to "amazing" with a good Gag Dub.

Examples of how awesome gag dubbing can be are Ghost Stories dubbed and Duel Masters dubbed, and a few of the episodes in the English dub episodes of Yugioh GX.
[/quote]

Bobobo had the most gags by far.

Thank you for your support.

For those who have suffered Fangasms:

Doctor preps the fribulators.

Doctor: Clear.

Doctor zaps you with the fribulators.

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Astro Dude' timestamp='1326497029' post='5762922']
True, but I think they'll remove the leather collars on Cathy's arms in her formal clothes.

And if I could vote again I'd say it's not appropriate for seven year old boys to see a girls panties, yet.
[/quote]
Tori's skirt being made longer is probably the ONLY 4kids edit I can agree with.

[quote name='Astro Dude' timestamp='1328111523' post='5793656']
bump: I saw the promo at 4kids.tv. You're gonna find this freaky but they never edited Tori's skirt in the promo of episode 9.
[/quote]
freaky? i don't find that freaky at all, they must've used japanese footage for the preview [s](which is good imo as a watcher of the sub)[/s]

And dubbed it in english. Speaking of, I heard Cathy's voice and I don't think it sounded anything like a Veronica Taylor sounding character. Think they'll change it like they did Winx Club season 2 episode 13. The promo for that episode had a chain and a broken bottle, but when it aired: a tie and nothing.

[spoiler='What happened in Episode 9']Yuma and Tori have a fashion competiton. They have an hour to find something and put it on Spacenook. There's such a thing as "Spacenook"? Uhh...

Cats like invisible space ghosts.

Cathy [b]Catherine[/b] is crazy about cats, obviously.

Cat puns galore during the duel.

X-23 in a cat suit was amazing when it was summoned it in HD.

Acorno and Pinecorno's dub names are known.

Baby Tiragon summon is amazing in HD.

Cathy being constantly cut off every time she wants to say something was kinda funny.

Observation #11: It seems that Yuma is completely ignorant of the feelings of his species.[/spoiler]

4kids are worse dicks than before lengthening the skirts again

as for the voice, i stopped reading at "was not the voice" so i don't know who voices Cathy (seriously, i did stop reading so i wouldn't spoil myself), it seemed some n00b edited the wikia to make people think it was Veronica Taylor

[s][size=3]expect my next post ot be a +1 so i can share my thoughts of the episode[/size][/s]

Archived