Official Zexal Dub Discussion and Complaint Thread

Astro Dude

Duel Tech  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Which Duel Tech would you prefer?

• Hologram Projectors
    • Virtual Reality
    • Augmented Reality
  2. 2. Do you think parents would approve of a 13 year old girl wearing a very short skirt?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 714
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[quote name='Icemare Moon' timestamp='1322319695' post='5666764']
Most likely was changed from Robin cause of Batman's Robin. Or they just don't want anything to be Japanese.

The fact that "I'll make sure you never duel in this town again" counts as a threat makes me more worried about the dub than I was when they called Tokunosuke Flip.
[/quote]

Now even though Flip is somewhat a bad name, it's justified because 1) He isn't around the whole time. 2) That's pretty much what's he obsessed with. The threat isn't really needed, though at least it explains how tough Nelson's mom is on him.

He's still pretty much a secondary main, and I'm of the opinion that naming even semi-important people with some stupid name that relates to their personality isn't a good thing.

Fuya's mom threatened to [i]sue [/i]iirc in the original. I expected Dead Max and all to be changed, becuase they always do that, but do they really feel the concept of a lawsuit being mentioned once is bad for kids?

[s](+1 post time)[/s]
i just watchd Episode 7, and here are my thoughts:
Sparrow sounded like Syrus Truesdale, meaning he was voiced by Wayne Grayson, and you can't have a YGO series without Grayson or Dan Green. Explanation on Tribute Summon *yawn* but i guess it had to be done. my favourite lines of the episode were "What's this? you never told me you could fly..." and "you just summoned your mom"

imo Greg Abbey needs to voice a Character in Zexal (because like Grayson he has also voiced a character in the other 3 series) and Dan Green is too awesome to not be in Zexal

[quote name='~Burning Soul~' timestamp='1322349690' post='5667959']
Sparrow sounded like Syrus Truesdale, meaning he was voiced by Wayne Grayson, and you can't have a YGO series without Grayson or Dan Green. Explanation on Tribute Summon *yawn* but i guess it had to be done. my favourite lines of the episode were "What's this? you never told me you could fly..." and "you just summoned your mom"
[/quote]

[quote name='Astro Dude' timestamp='1322342254' post='5667645']
Plus his dub name is Sparrow a.k.a Nelson Andrews.
[/quote]

You guys did read my spoiler right?

As for voice actors, a little birdie told me that Dan Green will be voicing Dr. Faker, but I'm not sure if that's just a rumor. It sounds legit to me.

[quote name='ケニヨン • ボリンガー' timestamp='1322373886' post='5669033']
You guys did read my spoiler right?

As for voice actors, a little birdie told me that Dan Green will be voicing Dr. Faker, but I'm not sure if that's just a rumor. It sounds legit to me.
[/quote]

That would be perfect for him.

Wouldn't it be cool if Amy Birnbaum joined the Zexal Cast?

Good idea: Dan Green: The man, the legend. Here's some characters for it: Kyo from Samurai Deeper Kyo, Yugi from Yugioh, Trudge from 5d's, Sky from Winx Club, every character he voiced in Pokemon up till now, This guy who was a half angel from Legend of Himiko, Knuckles the Echidna from Sonic, I'm sure you guys can come up with more. Just remember not to add the male lead from Mystery of the Necronomicon.

[spoiler='What happened in Episode 8']
Episode Recap like always.

Again, not much so far is different, except for obvious changes. All of the stuff in the duel and in the dialogue literally remained the same. I couldn't spot any real difference.

OH WAIT OH MY F***ING GOD HE ATE A RICEBALL!!! HE ATE A F***ING RICEBALL!!! I LOVE YOU 4KIDS!! I LOVE YOOOOOUUUUUU!!!

Observation #10: The relations between a human mother and her child are strong...very strong.[/spoiler]

I have bad news for you guys. Zexal will be taking a break and will be doing reruns of the first 8 episodes until February 2012. So we won't be seeing Cathy or Kaito just yet.

Archived