The Video Game Music Station ~ UNDER NEW MANAGEMENT! AGAIN! MODS LOCK! 82 SONGS!

---------------

VIDEO GAME MUSIC STATION

[logo coming soon]

Welcome to the Fourth Edition of the Video Game Music Station. With permission from no one! :D

Sorry if you were planning to reincarnate this station. I didn't bother asking permission from Clair, since she pretty much let anyone have it. But, that's not important! :3

Mods, go ahead and and unpin the third station. I'll link to it and the other two stations HERE1, HERE2, and HERE3.

Alright, so, just as the previous station, this station will consist of contributions from members like you! Not to say that I won't post a song occasionally. To contribute a song, all you need to do is post the link via Youtube or otherwise, add the appropriate section tag, and your done! If your song is awesome enough, I'll add it to the station. If I explode from the smecksyness, you can get a rep/Like! :D

[spoiler=Station Guide]This Station is divided into section for your organizational needs. All sections from the previous station are here plus two more from me! :3

Featured

Updated periodically, a game, composer, or series will be featured up on the very top of the station! (Will be empty for the moment)

Editor's Picks

This station is for me to share my music with you. This is also the only station that users cannot contribute towards.

General Music [GM]

This station is for all your modern, non-battle or -sad music, be it an overworld theme or a character theme.

Tune Nostalgia [TN]

This station is reserved for all sorts of retro goodness. (NES era-SNES era)

Warning! Challenger Approaching! [WCA]

For every bit of your battle VGM goodness, the WCA station is here for you!

Remix Revamp [RR]

This station is for all of the awesome VGM remixes you may find. Oh, and you can also post 8-bit versions of your favorite songs, too!

Burst Into Tears [bIT] - New!

From love to death, this station is waiting for all those tear jerkers out there.

Vivacious Vocals [VV] - New!

Songs with lyrics that just need to be heard? Bring them here to show them off. Songs with vocals can be applied to other sections, too, but if you feel that the vocals are what makes your song amazing, apply it here. Songs with only choral Ahs don't count.

Different Voices [DV]

Let your voice be heard as you describe your favorite track. To get your track into this station, all you need to do is give a 4+ line description as to why you like your selection. DV track selections always garner reps.

Featured

Editor's Picks

[spoiler=I]

[spoiler=II]

General Music

[spoiler=I]

[spoiler=II]Metroid Prime - Underwater Frigate - Contributed by Zerochill

[spoiler=III]

[spoiler=IV]

[spoiler=V]

[spoiler=VI]

[spoiler=VII]

[spoiler=VIII]Pokemon Diamond/Pearl/Platinum - Route 228 (Night) - Contributed by Dт. Михаи́л Ботви́нник PчD

[spoiler=IX]

[spoiler=X]Megaman X5 - Mattrex/Burn Dinorex Stage - Contributed by ZeroChill

[spoiler=XI]

[spoiler=XII]

[spoiler=XIII]Beatmaster IIDX - Anti-Ares - Contributed by Sage of Dreams

[spoiler=XIV]Elsword - Hamel 7 - Contributed by DSS

[spoiler=XV]Odin Sphere - A Fate Accepted - Contributed by DSS +Rep Worthy

[spoiler=XVI]

[spoiler=XVII]

[spoiler=XVIII]

+Rep Worthy

[spoiler=XIX]

[spoiler=XX]

[spoiler=XXI]7th Dragon 2020 - The Story is Over - Contributed by DSS

[spoiler=XXII]

[spoiler=XXIII]

Tune Nostalgia

[spoiler=I]Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask - Deku Palace - Contributed by Black Knight

[spoiler=II]

[spoiler=III]

+Rep Worthy

[spoiler=IV]

[spoiler=V]

+Rep Worthy

[spoiler=VI]

Warning! Challenger Approaching!

[spoiler=I]

[spoiler=II]

[spoiler=III]

[spoiler=IV]

[spoiler=V]

[spoiler=VI]

[spoiler=VII]

[spoiler=VIII]

[spoiler=IX]

[spoiler=X]

[spoiler=XI]Trauma Team - Pandemic - Contributed by Clear Vice Dragon

[spoiler=XII]

[spoiler=XIII]Eternal Sonata - Scrap and Build Ourselves -From Revolution- - Contributed by Clear Vice Dragon +Rep Worthy

[spoiler=XIV]

+Rep Worthy

[spoiler=XV]

[spoiler=XVI]Final Fantasy IV - The Final Battle - Contributed by ~ GMK ~

GMK knows my weakness. :o

[spoiler=XVII]

[spoiler=XVIII]

[spoiler=XIX]

[spoiler=XX]

+Rep Worthy

[spoiler=XXI]

[spoiler=XXII]BlazBlue - Bullet Dance - Contributed by Train Heartnet

[spoiler=XXIII]

[spoiler=XXIV]

Remix Revamp

[spoiler=I]

[spoiler=II]

[spoiler=III]

[spoiler=IV]Kirby 64 - Zero Two - Contributed by ~ GMK ~

[spoiler=V]

[spoiler=VI]

Burst Into Tears

[spoiler=I]

[spoiler=II]999: 9 Hours, 9 Persons, 9 Doors - Morphogenetic Sorrow - Contributed by DSS +Rep Worthy

[spoiler=III]

[spoiler=IV]

+Rep Worthy

[spoiler=V]

[spoiler=VI]Black Rock Shooter - Lost Memory - Contributed by DSS

Vivacious Vocals

[spoiler=I]

[spoiler=II]

[spoiler=III]

[spoiler=IV]

[spoiler=V]Dragon Nest - Calderrock VIllage - Contributed by DDS

[spoiler=VI]

[spoiler=VII]Xenogears - Small Two of Pieces - Contributed by Xenogears

[spoiler=VIII]

[spoiler=IX]

+Rep Worthy

Different Voices

[spoiler=I]Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn - Unstoppable Destiny - Contributed by Black Knight

This is my favorite VGM of all time and in my opinion one of the best boss battle songs around. Right off the bat it starts blaring with the brass and trumpets, and continues into an awesome trumpet fanfare. About a third into the song, it leads into a smooth, flowing part of the song with the violins and what sounds like xylaphones or something complementing them in the background, and then it's back to the awesome fanfare. I also can't help but appreciate the simple yet pumping percussion throughout the whole thing. It seems like this song instills a spirited feeling that definitely suits the boss. It's a shame it's so short, but then again all Fire Emblem battle songs are.

I don't know if this is a boss battle theme or a special battle theme or the final battle theme but whatever it is it's amazing. The brass, violins, and percussion come together to form a brilliant, intense theme that will make your heart pump during the fight. It's a shame it's so short, though. I truly think this would have benefited from an extension. Nonetheless, it's still amazing.

[spoiler=II]

This VGM is just amazing. I wouldn't hesitate much in calling this the best boss theme I've ever heard. It's so long and complicated, divided into 4 sections for each tier of Kefka's tower. Not to mention it's all symbolic of Kefka's life, or Dante's divine comedy(I think both actually). Throughout the piece, I am amazed by the organs, backed up by the catchy beat. Each part is seeping with a different emotion and musical tone. The first part is dark and forboding, the second part almost... giddy... in some way, the third part is just beautiful, and the fourth part brings it to a just-plain-awesome conclusion. But in all honesty, my words don't do it justice. You have to listen to this piece to really appreciate it. But I guarantee it will be worth it - all 17 minutes.

Screw symbolism, this song is amazing. Period.

Fortunately I was able to save some time listening since I've already heard it. The organs really do bring out the best of this piece. Honestly, it was probably only a matter of time before this song made it here. Good going for contributing this, GMK. ;3

[spoiler=III]Advance Wars Dual Strike - Sasha's Theme - Contributed by Kanbei

I have to say, I love this track. Sasha in-game is the rich sister of the equally rich little brother. She's the heir to a vast fortune, and this track really does give that air of nobility you would expect from her. If it gets the song any points, Nintendo was sneaky and threw in something else to add in nobility. They added the first few seconds of Zelda's Lullaby, and I can't even begin to say how much I love it. This track is beautiful.

I can feel that nobility you were talking about, although, I can also feel a certain... um.... happy-go-luckyness, for lack of a better term, to it.

Also, I think that Zelda's Lullaby thing is unintentional. XD

[spoiler=IV]

This music is the alpha and omega piece of music in the game. For the first part of the game, it starts with a beautiful solo on a harp and then just goes to pwnzorx you with the epic orchestra. It truly is an opening suitable for a game of such high caliber, as it vividly encompasses the adventure that Link (and the player) is going to have. It is truly a masterpiece. At the ending, this is the last song to play. It doesn't have the epic orchestra, but it has the solo harp played, signifying the end of the adventure. No other music (except maybe Tales of Symphonia) has given me goosebumps at the ending. It truly is a masterpiece. Thank you Nintendo, for reversing Zelda's Lullaby and engineering this work.

While I don't normally approve of Zelda music here, just because of the fact that people post THE WHOLE FUCKIN' PLAYLIST, I must say that if any song is deserving of a spot on this station, it's this one. Great contribution, Koloktos (and I'm keeping my eye on you about that posting-every-frikkin-song thing. >_>).

[spoiler=V]Okami - Twin Devils Moshirechik and Kotanechik's Extermination - Contributed by .Rai

Sexy, dramatic boss theme? yespls. Howls, wind and random clockwork sounds set along to the sound of a rich and deep eastern orchestral movement gives real emotive drama to the fight you are fighting. Which is against some random owls. Owls are always scary. Anyway, one of the best fights in the whole game surely deserves one of the best soundtracks too? Syncopated, accented noise and simple eastern percussion with flutes piping out their tunes; dulcimer-like instruments tapping out their melodies in time with the flutes. Shamisens pinging their notes out. Every so often is that classic whirly breath sound made on a flute which is heard in most of the Okami tracks. Not to mention the random strings kicking in to give you a proper slap on the back. It's a track with crazy split-personality disorder. It makes the most climatic of music soft and beautiful while making gentle xylophones and flutes sounds like slightly psychotic murderers. Yes, that was a metaphor there. Only true musical geniuses could make such beauty out of...very exotic chaos basically.

....I think you've just about summed it up. XD

[spoiler=VI]Shadow of the Colossus - Demise of the Ritual - Contributed by Xenogears and Lazaruz

Words cannot properly describe how spectacular the soundtrack of SotC is, in particular this piece,

though I will attempt to do so for the purpose of this thread and forgive me if this becomes incredibly long.

We have all heard and almost come to expect the high energy themes for the final boss fights in games by now that more or less are meant to empower you, to pump you for the final showdown of the game.

This is not the case with Shadow of the Colossus as the music instead takes this opportunity to make you question why you are doing this and the will to go through with it comes from an genius emotional build up that won't be mentioned here in detail since it is not the right section.

Starting out with, and keeping, a very calm and almost tragic theme through the song due to a perfect mix of what I think are violins, a choir, organ, and what I would say sound like a church bell, along with several instruments I currently fail at naming or at least recognizing, Demise of the Ritual almost seems like a lament for the monster Wander has become on his quest to resurrect the girl Mono, only being driven forward by the mysterious Dormin that if you kill 16 colossi (pardon me if it's the incorrect noun as my native language is not English) that roams the area, he will bring her back from the dead.

This track makes you question him, this track makes you question all that you have done to this point as the fight and song grows to it's climax.

The 16 colossi that you have to defeat have done nothing wrong and, even while you try to kill them, only one of them tries to actually kill you,

along with Wander appearing more and more twisted along the way.

The colossi of this land do not deserve, nor should they, to be put down, and as you begin the final fight against Malus, the most human looking and sounding of the colossi, they lament what is about to happen in this song.

Dormin is not someone to trust.

Wow.

That's really descriptive...

And accurate. While I was listening, I could see how it would make you, quote "question all that you have done". It's one of those eerie "oh god what" kind of themes, which is unorthodox for a battle theme. Which kind of makes it even more amazing. Good find, you two.

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[DV] Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn - Unstoppable Destiny

This is my favorite VGM of all time and in my opinion one of the best boss battle songs around. Right off the bat it starts blaring with the brass and trumpets, and continues into an awesome trumpet fanfare. About a third into the song, it leads into a smooth, flowing part of the song with the violins and what sounds like xylaphones or something complementing them in the background, and then it's back to the awesome fanfare. I also can't help but appreciate the simple yet pumping percussion throughout the whole thing. It seems like this song instills a spirited feeling that definitely suits the boss. It's a shame it's so short, but then again all Fire Emblem battle songs are.

Note: All tracks listed are from Cthulhu Saves the World.

[GEN]

I dare you to say that 3 times fast. You can't.

[WCA]

Yes, before you ask, that IS the whole soundtrack. Bold indicates my favorites. All I ask of you is to listen to every track all the way trough.

Dragged this up from the last thread.

FUU-

I need to put a fecking limit on the amount of songs you can contribute per post.

I probably won't tho. );

Alright, I'll check out DSS's list after I update, which will be soon.

yeah you are right , next time i'll post 3 per section

Archived