Just so it gets its own topic, here are the changes to the list.

...ok?

Anyways' date=' I guess Monster Reborn won't be too bad. It'll change the Metagame, which is always a good thing. I like it when things are shaken up a bit. My main problem is the banning of Call of the Haunted. Is it really that bad to have an extra recursion card in the format?

I also think the banning of breaker was just pointless.

[/quote']

well MR is great and with no limitations at all. meanwhile CotH has a bit to many disadvantages so for us it's a good deal.

Banning decent cards and unbanning overpowered ones isn't good. Would you say banning Black Luster Soldier and unbanning Black Luster Soldier - Envoy of the Beginning would be a "good deal"?

Just because you get to use a better card doesn't mean the format gets better.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

guys the reason they banned call was that the main time call was ever used was durring your opponents turn, also how manny people were able to use monster reborn on the first turn when it first came out. sure overall monster reborn was a much better card but maybe the main advantages of of monster reborn arnt as important to a duelist as call was.

calls advantages

- activate durring your opponents turn ( when people most need it)

- able to use in chains

calls disadvantages

- monster is equipd to this card so vunrible to spell n trap removal ( only one i could think of )

monster reborn advantages

- can revive from either grave

- no equip

monster reborn disadvantages

- can't use durring your opponents turn

- can't use in chain.

guys the reason they banned call was that the main time call was ever used was durring your opponents turn' date=' also how manny people were able to use monster reborn on the first turn when it first came out. sure overall monster reborn was a much better card but maybe the main advantages of of monster reborn arnt as important to a duelist as call was.

calls advantages

- activate durring your opponents turn ( when people most need it)

- able to use in chains

calls disadvantages

- monster is equipd to this card so vunrible to spell n trap removal ( only one i could think of )

[b']-Is a trap card.[/b]

monster reborn advantages

- can revive from either grave

- no equip

monster reborn disadvantages

- can't use durring your opponents turn

- can't use in chain.

fix'd for accuracy

The other thing that kills me is the limiting of ARA. I'm not saying it wasn't pointless, but it won't even affect Demise THAT much. After all, 3 Sonic Birds and a3 Manjus still leaves plenty of chance for getting it. However, limiting it to 1 forces other non-OTK Ritual decks to run more support for their rituals. For example, even though it isn't exactly playable, I quite like the Lycanthrope deck. If you ARA it using 6 1 star monsters, every time it kills a monster you'll be doing 1200 damage to your opponent. Now it has no chance. I don't mind if a completely horrible deck theme is screwed a bit to balance a competitive one, but right here Konami is killing a whole genre of deck themes.

They banned COTH but Unbanned Reborn? Come on..... Reborn is way more Broken then Call! Call can only revive monsters from YOUR Graveyard. Monster Reborn can revive from Either.

You can also monster reborn your opponent's discy, and draw two cards :).

Damn it Kramer, you only knew that because I told you that. :/

They banned COTH but Unbanned Reborn? Come on..... Reborn is way more Broken then Call! Call can only revive monsters from YOUR Graveyard. Monster Reborn can revive from Either.

You can also monster reborn your opponent's discy' date=' and draw two cards :).

[/quote']

actually someone else posted it earlier. xD

You can also monster reborn your opponent's discy' date=' and draw two cards :).

[/quote']

actually someone else posted it earlier. xD

I haven't checked YCM since friday. :/ You know the second you told me the list that I knew what was up. Well, it doesn't matter who was first, only that people realize why things changed and get over it.

Did you edit the plant build to fit march 08 list?

Archived