Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Agro

[quote name='AggroDrago' timestamp='1320970345' post='5631705']
I hardly played at all, but I came out and got over 20 kills almost immediately. Apparently I don't rust. -_-
[/quote]

IT'S FUNNY BECAUSE RUST IS A MW2 MAP.

I'm able to hold my skill level, but I get a little rusty after a while.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[quote name='Horus' timestamp='1320970809' post='5631722']
Are most maps like huge now, or is it just my imagination |:
[/quote]Not really. I know what you mean. When I started Blops, I thought every map was gigantic. Obviously that isn't the case.

For me, I feel like every map is average, there just isn't a really small one like rust or nuketown.

[quote name='METALMAXIMAL' timestamp='1320980875' post='5632044']
One class i hate soo much f***ing SNIPERS!
[/quote]Quickscoping has made a return.

EBR is beastly, used it to top score on... forgot the level's name. It's in the jungle.

Something that I have noticed about games like MW3 and such, is that people get pissed off when somebody is using the Sniper...

...correctly...

You're not supposed to run towards somebody with it! You're supposed to lay back and provide suppressing fire for the rest of your team! However, people always get pissed off by the later.

I, personally, hate people who use the Sniper like a in-yo-face weapon. Sure, it's still frustrating when someone snipes me from a mile away, but they have my kudos for sniping the RIGHT way.

[quote name='Mako109' timestamp='1321037923' post='5632988']
Something that I have noticed about games like MW3 and such, is that people get pissed off when somebody is using the Sniper...

...correctly...

You're not supposed to run towards somebody with it! You're supposed to lay back and provide suppressing fire for the rest of your team! However, people always get pissed off by the later.

I, personally, hate people who use the Sniper like a in-yo-face weapon. Sure, it's still frustrating when someone snipes me from a mile away, but they have my kudos for sniping the RIGHT way.
[/quote]:3 Ur just mad you can't use it like that so well >:D

[quote name='Mako109' timestamp='1321038397' post='5633003']
On the contrary. I remember the first time I tried Quickscoping.

I did very well, and that was on Sensitivity 3. My cousin says he has NO idea how I'm able to do it on 3.

I was like :S
[/quote]
I have no idea how people can play at 10 on a PS3, I tried playing at a friend's house and I put it straight down to 1. Then again, big hitboxes and things...

[quote name='Mako109' timestamp='1321045410' post='5633240']
My cousin always plays on 10 on the 360, and I play on 3. I beat him most of the time. He gets so confused over it.

It's actually rather amusing.

And for those "360 no scopes", 3 is too low, but the highest I'll go is 5.

I still pull them off.
[/quote]360 no scoping isn't even fun, you fail half the time and then you feel like an idiot.

[quote name='Mako109' timestamp='1321037923' post='5632988']

...correctly...

[/quote]

Completely agree. This is one of the main reasons that COD4 remains to be the best Call of Duty game to date. Sure, not all the weapons were balanced, some of the perks were just stupid and the killstreaks were limited but that simplicity made it almost perfect. The maps were all amazing, with a great variety of sniping and close-combat maps (unlike MW3 which has one map good for sniping, if that).

For the record, at the moment I'm absolutely shocking at MW3. I'm quite surprised, considering if I go and play COD4 I'll be really good (without the shitty hacked lobbies that pop up everywhere near), or even Black Ops I'd be at least average... but on MW3 I get more deaths than kills every game. Quite annoying..

[quote name='Brushfire' timestamp='1321065280' post='5634042'] Completely agree. This is one of the main reasons that COD4 remains to be the best Call of Duty game to date. Sure, not all the weapons were balanced, some of the perks were just stupid and the killstreaks were limited but that simplicity made it almost perfect. The maps were all amazing, with a great variety of sniping and close-combat maps (unlike MW3 which has one map good for sniping, if that). For the record, at the moment I'm absolutely shocking at MW3. I'm quite surprised, considering if I go and play COD4 I'll be really good (without the shitty hacked lobbies that pop up everywhere near), or even Black Ops I'd be at least average... but on MW3 I get more deaths than kills every game. Quite annoying.. [/quote]I had the exact opposite problem. I was average at blops and suddenly I've been destroying on MW3.

I'm really hating how you can't snipe anywhere without quickscoping. I can't use the non-automatic snipers well enough without a place with range. I literally can't find one. Though I REALLY don't want them to make a wasteland-esque one

BTW, tip for people on new maps: stick to the edges, it'll help you learn the scale better.

[quote name='Lunar Origin' timestamp='1321049186' post='5633426']
All quick scoping is stupid.

Get a tac-nuke in MW2 with a Thermal Uzi (only).

Then, my friends, we will talk...

Anyways, quickscoping is back?

There goes my desire for this game.
[/quote]

Nuke = You got owned!! no really that's the best way to humiliate a gamer.

[quote name='AggroDrago' timestamp='1321082491' post='5634387']
I had the exact opposite problem. I was average at blops and suddenly I've been destroying on MW3.

I'm really hating how you can't snipe anywhere without quickscoping. I can't use the non-automatic snipers well enough without a place with range. I literally can't find one. Though I REALLY don't want them to make a wasteland-esque one

BTW, tip for people on new maps: stick to the edges, it'll help you learn the scale better.
[/quote]

How strange, haha.

Me too, it's so stupid, they might as well have just not included Snipers. I hate how sniping properly has been difficult since World at War, and hasn't been decent since COD4. And like you said, none of the maps support Sniper Rifles in the slightest. A Wasteland-esque map can f*** off, but I'd quite like to see a remake of Crossfire in a different area (thus, same map layout, different name) as that map is awesome for sniping.

[quote name='AggroDrago' timestamp='1321122676' post='5635171']
Does anyone else agree: the support killstreaks are ridiculous.
[/quote]

Erm, they are actually quite poor though. UAV fair enough, but aside from that they are pretty average. Lets be honest, anyone using a Support killstreak is probably not going to be getting more than 18 kills a game, giving them just enough time to become a Juggernaut before the game ends, not really doing much damage and they get the chance to enjoy themselves.

On the other, giving them a Stealth Bomber for an 8 pointstreak is ridiculous.

Ah the gametypes, I forgot about those.
A couple of my friends only play something called 'Kill Confirmed' [i]I think[/i]
Kill someone he drops a tag. Score isn't counted unless you pick up the tag. Teammates can recover the tag to deny the kill. Sounds fun.
Aside from that I haven't heard anything on new gametypes.

On a better note, I've heard there was no more Commando.
And being one of the people who despises the knife, I'm really hoping that it's fact.

Archived