Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Agro

[quote name='Brushfire' timestamp='1321195791' post='5637308']
Me too, it's so stupid, they might as well have just not included Snipers. I hate how sniping properly has been difficult since World at War, and hasn't been decent since COD4. And like you said, none of the maps support Sniper Rifles in the slightest. A Wasteland-esque map can f*** off, but I'd quite like to see a remake of Crossfire in a different area (thus, same map layout, different name) as that map is awesome for sniping.
[/quote]I think that Quarry in MW2 did it well enough. You couldn't hit the whole map, but the lines where great.

[quote name='Brushfire' timestamp='1321195791' post='5637308']
Erm, they are actually quite poor though. UAV fair enough, but aside from that they are pretty average. Lets be honest, anyone using a Support killstreak is probably not going to be getting more than 18 kills a game, giving them just enough time to become a Juggernaut before the game ends, not really doing much damage and they get the chance to enjoy themselves.

On the other, giving them a Stealth Bomber for an 8 pointstreak is ridiculous.
[/quote]Here's why it's ridiculous:
1. It doesn't reset if you die
2. If you get through all the killstreaks in one life, you can do it again without having to die
3. EMP's every game
4. I get at least 20 kills a game because I always have a UAV to aid me. At all times.
[quote name='Angeloid Beta' timestamp='1321211589' post='5637921']
Ah the gametypes, I forgot about those.
A couple of my friends only play something called 'Kill Confirmed' [i]I think[/i]
Kill someone he drops a tag. Score isn't counted unless you pick up the tag. Teammates can recover the tag to deny the kill. Sounds fun.
Aside from that I haven't heard anything on new gametypes.
[/quote]
I HATE KILL CONFIRMED. Don't get me wrong. I've only lost once while playing it, but it came up randomly once and I had no idea what's going on. It's a cool idea, but I don't want it in my mercenary tdm. Other gametype changes: if you remember those point betting ones from Black Ops; since there's no cod points, they just have those gametypes to just play.
[quote name='Angeloid Beta' timestamp='1321211589' post='5637921']
On a better note, I've heard there was no more Commando.
And being one of the people who despises the knife, I'm really hoping that it's fact.
[/quote]No more Commando. I could go through all of the perks, but the most interesting I found was one that allows you 2 primary weapons, instead of getting a secondary one. I've yet to learn if they have a 'Bling' perk. (I also haven't played in 3 days)

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From what I've heard, the Bling part is unlocked for a weapon by using the weapon you want it for. Apparently your weapons level up?
And they brought back Overkill? (I think that's what it's called anyway.) Sounds like a blast, although I use my pistol more than anything, so none of that for me.

Oh, yeah. I didn't realize no one mentioned that.

Along with yourself leveling up. You're gun levels up too. I think the highest on each gun is like 31-32? Highest level unlocks gold paintjob. (as noted by my gold UMP)

And every gun has proficiencies, which vary from increased range, decreased recoil, to increased damage. They unlock as your weapon's level increases, just as attachments do.

BTW, I hate shotguns, they suck. I need to check out the model 1887's and Spas w/ increased damage, but for now, they're horrible.

[quote name='Angeloid Beta' timestamp='1321215413' post='5638203']
K so, shotguns OPed? Or just really really annoying?
And the level of the gun unlocks camos? Makes me sad, I liked getting headshots to unlock them...

Last thing, can you name all the things you can unlock for your gun? I'd like to know ahead of time, just because.
[/quote]No, when I said shotguns suck. I mean they SUCK. THEY ARE HORRIBLE I CAN'T GET A KILL OFF OF THEM. Point. Shoot. Realize you need to hit them twice. DIE.

Headshots increases amount of Weapon XP gained in a game.

Proficiencies: http://www.themodernwarfare3.com/mw3/weapons-list/weapon-proficiencies/

The rest of the unlocks are attachments and paint. BTW, n00btubes are like the 4th thing people unlock, after 3 good attachments, so no one uses them :D

I've also heard that the Noobtubes were nerfed really bad, so you literally need to hit the guy in the chest to kill with them.
And as for the shotguns: GOOD, I HATED THEM IN MW2.
Still though, I liked the headshotsforcamo thing alot more than just using it. Gives me a reason to hold my breath with Snipers. l:

[quote name='Angeloid Beta' timestamp='1321215900' post='5638244']
I've also heard that the Noobtubes were nerfed really bad, so you literally need to hit the guy in the chest to kill with them.
And as for the shotguns: GOOD, I HATED THEM IN MW2.
Still though, I liked the headshotsforcamo thing alot more than just using it. Gives me a reason to hold my breath with Snipers. l:
[/quote]1. Meaning they're no longer noobtubes
2. NO I LOVED MY SPAS. Though the 1887's for the start were just ridiculous. BUT MY SPAS WAS THE ONLY REASON I COULD KEEP GOING.
3. There's still a reason for headshots, though I don't remember what the exact prize of it was.

[quote name='AggroDrago' timestamp='1321213554' post='5638055']
I think that Quarry in MW2 did it well enough. You couldn't hit the whole map, but the lines where great.

Here's why it's ridiculous:
1. It doesn't reset if you die
2. If you get through all the killstreaks in one life, you can do it again without having to die
3. EMP's every game
4. I get at least 20 kills a game because I always have a UAV to aid me. At all times.

I HATE KILL CONFIRMED. Don't get me wrong. I've only lost once while playing it, but it came up randomly once and I had no idea what's going on. It's a cool idea, but I don't want it in my mercenary tdm. Other gametype changes: if you remember those point betting ones from Black Ops; since there's no cod points, they just have those gametypes to just play.
No more Commando. I could go through all of the perks, but the most interesting I found was one that allows you 2 primary weapons, instead of getting a secondary one. I've yet to learn if they have a 'Bling' perk. (I also haven't played in 3 days)
[/quote]

Quarry wasn't bad for sniping either. COD4 still had the best maps for sniping. No one would ever make the 'choice' to snipe on MW3, the maps don't offer it.

1. Well yeah, but that's the whole point. If they didn't everyone would just use Assault.
2. They should change this.
3. EMP's are s*** anyway.
4. Like I said, 'UAV aside'. It's absolutely shocking how often the UAV aids you.

Kill Confirmed is just stupid, almost every kill you make- you WILL be killed when collecting the dogtags and then someone else will collect it and it won't count as you having a kill.
Glad they brought back Overkill from COD4, was always a good perk. There is no Bling perk, it's been replaced by a weapon proficiency named 'Attachment'.

[quote name='Brushfire' timestamp='1321218337' post='5638423']
Kill Confirmed is just stupid, almost every kill you make- you WILL be killed when collecting the dogtags and then someone else will collect it and it won't count as you having a kill.
[/quote]

I haven't played it yet so this may change, but...
I think it sounds fun. From what I [i]think[/i], you would need to hug walls more and keep moving always. Never grab a tag out in the open (obvious if you ask me), puppy-guard it if you have to, for the lolz.
Not to mention, since you have to run to the body for the kill, sounds like it demotes camping, to some extent at least. And I would assume that there's few things more satisfying that mowing down half a team trying to jump on one tag. Who knows, right?

[quote name='Brushfire' timestamp='1321218337' post='5638423']
No one would ever make the 'choice' to snipe on MW3, the maps don't offer it.
[/quote]

This can be argued by alot of people, considering there are those that think they are amazing and can snipe at all times, before getting gunned down by someone with a pistol from 4 feet away.
I've heard that the way sniping plays out is much different, ie: you run slower, takes longer to bring the scope up, etc.
I'll be sniping alot, simply because I love being able to shoot one bullet from wherever I am and kill someone. Unless of course I rage, which doesn't happen [i]too [/i]often, but when it happens, G36 will save me.

[quote name='Angeloid Beta' timestamp='1321219091' post='5638470']
This can be argued by alot of people, considering there are those that think they are amazing and can snipe at all times, before getting gunned down by someone with a pistol from 4 feet away.
I've heard that the way sniping plays out is much different, ie: you run slower, takes longer to bring the scope up, etc.
I'll be sniping alot, simply because I love being able to shoot one bullet from wherever I am and kill someone. Unless of course I rage, which doesn't happen [i]too [/i]often, but when it happens, G36 will save me.
[/quote]My main argument: 3 Sub-Automatic Snipers that can quick-scope.

Yes, there will always be quick-scopers. There's nothing more fun than losing to an M21 when you have an AA12... and are only 2 feet apart. Simply fascinating.
But like I said, I've heard that the mechanics (Dunno if that's the right word for this...) for sniper rifles have been altered, making it take longer to bring the scope up.
Basically, if you're good enough and you actually see the guy w/ the rifle, you should be able to kill him before he even manages to bring up the scope.
Mere speculation based off of what I've heard, nothing solid yet as my copy hasn't shown up at my house.

[quote name='Angeloid Beta' timestamp='1321219518' post='5638512']
Yes, there will always be quick-scopers. There's nothing more fun than losing to an M21 when you have an AA12... and are only 2 feet apart. Simply fascinating.
But like I said, I've heard that the mechanics (Dunno if that's the right word for this...) for sniper rifles have been altered, making it take longer to bring the scope up.
Basically, if you're good enough and you actually see the guy w/ the rifle, you should be able to kill him before he even manages to bring up the scope.
Mere speculation based off of what I've heard, nothing solid yet as my copy hasn't shown up at my house.
[/quote]I haven't seen a difference. I feel like it's definitely easier than in Black Ops. Actually, with the semi-auto, I've had an easier time no scoping than quick-scoping.

Ah, but the semi-autos aren't even fair. Close range against those without a shotgun, you're finished. Unless you drop-shot buuuuut... Who does that anymore?
And I don't even wanna bring up Black Ops. Barely played it. Hit detection was AMAZING /sarcasm
That's what everyone says though, right?

Anyway, I'll say more on the sniping once I get it and try it out for myself.
But, question: There is a perk that increase ADS speed, yes? and if so then does it apply to snipers as well or did they take it away from them again?

[quote name='Angeloid Beta' timestamp='1321219812' post='5638542']
Ah, but the semi-autos aren't even fair. Close range against those without a shotgun, you're finished. Unless you drop-shot buuuuut... Who does that anymore?
And I don't even wanna bring up Black Ops. Barely played it. Hit detection was AMAZING /sarcasm
That's what everyone says though, right?

Anyway, I'll say more on the sniping once I get it and try it out for myself.
But, question: There is a perk that increase ADS speed, yes? and if so then does it apply to snipers as well or did they take it away from them again?
[/quote]It's there for snipers. That's how you quick-scope.

Meh, you can do it without it. [b][i]It just takes more skill herp f*cking derpity derp.[/i][/b]
I never liked quick scoping. The opposite of it is Hard-Scoping? Meaning it's harder to do?
Since they're opposites, wouldn't that make quick-scoping... Easy-Scoping? Like... for noobalerts? /Justsaiyan

ANYWAY. How are all the other weapons? The ARs in particular. Said earlier, I've heard that the first triple burst (Don't know what it's called or if there's more than one) Is OPed?
Have you noticed anything about it? I'd love to put this to shame because I adore tri-bursts but... Can't say for myself just yet.

[quote name='Angeloid Beta' timestamp='1321220139' post='5638572']
Meh, you can do it without it. [b][i]It just takes more skill herp f*cking derpity derp.[/i][/b]
I never liked quick scoping. The opposite of it is Hard-Scoping? Meaning it's harder to do?
Since they're opposites, wouldn't that make quick-scoping... Easy-Scoping? Like... for noobalerts? /Justsaiyan

ANYWAY. How are all the other weapons? The ARs in particular. Said earlier, I've heard that the first triple burst (Don't know what it's called or if there's more than one) Is OPed?
Have you noticed anything about it? I'd love to put this to shame because I adore tri-bursts but... Can't say for myself just yet.
[/quote]Hard-scoping means hardcore scoping. Which in essence means keeping your scope up for long periods of time. It doesn't mean it's easier.

ACR is back. M16A4 is available from the beginning. There are 2 automatic shotguns. Model 1887's are back, are the only akimbo shotguns. All them sub machine guns. P90 is available by Level 40. Lots of stuff.

[quote name='Brushfire' timestamp='1321220599' post='5638604']
The M16A1 is the most awful gun in the world on this game. Long gone are the days it was one of the best weapons in COD4... it now takes two to three bursts to kill one person, while they put 4 SCAR bullets into you and kill you. Sounds legit.
[/quote]Works fine for me. *philosoraptor* what must that mean?

Welp, those are my views on hard/quick-scoping. I only say it like that because it irritates me when people think they're amazing at the game because they can quick-scope.

Is the M16 still tri or is it automatic now? I'm assuming tri, but I have to ask.
Auto shotguns don't scare me much, since I stay away from tight spaces whenever I can anyway. And about the models: can you hit people from 200 yards away again? [i]/sarcasm[/i] or did they keep them nerfed?
AUGH, I feel like an idiot asking so many questions. Is the ACR still ungodly accurate? *hates that gun*
And I have heard absolutely NOTHING on the LMGs, from anyone.......

[quote name='Horus' timestamp='1321221460' post='5638651']
It's amazing though.

They should use it rather than b**** about it.
[/quote]

They don't use it because it's a 'cheap gun' and all that hype.
I personally don't see what the deal is, I've put it to shame with a P90 plenty of times.
Maybe everyone I know just sucks? Q-Q Kind of explains my barely positive win:loss ratio in MW2....

Archived