Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Agro

[quote name='Angeloid Beta' timestamp='1321221669' post='5638662']
They don't use it because it's a 'cheap gun' and all that hype.
I personally don't see what the deal is, I've put it to shame with a P90 plenty of times.
Maybe everyone I know just sucks? Q-Q Kind of explains my barely positive win:loss ratio in MW2....
[/quote]I see.

I never understood the "weapon x is cheap, I hate it" mentality. If it's good and the game gives you an opportunity to be good, use it.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[quote name='Horus' timestamp='1321222089' post='5638678']
I see.

I never understood the "weapon x is cheap, I hate it" mentality. If it's good and the game gives you an opportunity to be good, use it.
[/quote]

In their mind it's 'I don't need a good gun to be good! *proceeds to get -12 K/D followed by me gloating at my PUTTHETEAMONMYBACK status*' ......
Happens alot more often than not, surprisingly enough.

I personally wouldn't even say it's one of the 'best guns'
Maybe it's just the easiest to use? Therefore you see it more often, get killed by it more often. The guns becomes over used. People RAEG. ??? Profit.

'If a gun is good, use it'.

Or maybe Infinity Ward and Sledgehammer games should just learn the meaning of the word 'balance'. Treyarch understand it well enough, but their games are regarded as poor by the community, usually for the sole reason that they are not Modern Warfare, and can't be Modern Warfare.

Yes, well... It all depends on the mentality of the person playing.
Some people: Over-Used Gun=OPed Gun=Bad Gun.
Others: Over-Used Gun=Amazing Gun=Put it on all classes.
Myself: Over-Used Gun=GTFO I have a P90.

I actually know people who will use a gun based off of looks as well.
One in particular, WILL NOT, use anything that resembles an AK in any way.

So yeah, I'd say better guns and what-not depend on the view points...
Feel free to crush my dreams now.

[quote name='Brushfire' timestamp='1321222891' post='5638721']
'If a gun is good, use it'.

Or maybe Infinity Ward and Sledgehammer games should just learn the meaning of the word 'balance'. Treyarch understand it well enough, but their games are regarded as poor by the community, usually for the sole reason that they are not Modern Warfare, and can't be Modern Warfare.
[/quote]
While Black Ops was good, it had nothing on MW2/3 in terms of polish (not Polish ;D). The hit detection situation was just awful. Honestly, it kinda defeats the purpose. Also, that "Migrating Host" problem. I still enjoyed Black Ops a lot, though.

[i]"Treyarch understand it (balance) well enough"[/i]

Ak74u, and contrary to popular belief, Strela 3.
[quote name='Angeloid Beta' timestamp='1321223202' post='5638733']
Yes, well... It all depends on the mentality of the person playing.
Some people: Over-Used Gun=OPed Gun=Bad Gun.
Others: Over-Used Gun=Amazing Gun=Put it on all classes.
Myself: Over-Used Gun=GTFO I have a P90.

I actually know people who will use a gun based off of looks as well.
One in particular, WILL NOT, use anything that resembles an AK in any way.

So yeah, I'd say better guns and what-not depend on the view points...
Feel free to crush my dreams now.
[/quote]
Well each to his own I guess.

Shouldn't it be common logic to use one gun because it's better than the other or it suits your playstyle more? They should be the only two factors.

I can't really make a call on the UMP. I only ever used it on new prestiges until I unlocked Create-A-Class, which normally doesn't take more than a game or 2, then it was the M4A1 from there until the end of time.
Personal favorite though would be the P90. Reason some people think it's OPed, or 'cheap' : Massive clip.
So it'll be the M4A1, the G36C and the P90 for me. :3

[quote name='Angeloid Beta' timestamp='1321225001' post='5638796']
First 2 lines from me was MW2
3rd was my plans for MW3.
And the ACR never works for me l:
Dunno what it is, I can't kill in 2 or 3 bullets like everyone else.
[/quote]ACR isn't a 3-shot. It's a better M1A4.

[quote name='Horus' timestamp='1321225282' post='5638811']
MW3.

I never liked the ACR. Maybe it didn't suit my playstyle. My favorite Assault Rifle was the Tar. I loved it <3

I haven't unlocked much ARs in MW3 yet, but the Scar-L seems good. I love it's Iron Sights. I'm still using the M4A1.
[/quote]Oh, how I love how there's no recoil on the ACR.

Scar is always good, it's ammo is just low. I remember unlocking it in MW2 and having my friends complain on how overpowered it was compared to the other guns we had at that point.

[quote name='AggroDrago' timestamp='1321225735' post='5638838']
Oh, how I love how there's no recoil on the ACR.

Scar is always good, it's ammo is just low. I remember unlocking it in MW2 and having my friends complain on how overpowered it was compared to the other guns we had at that point.
[/quote]It's definitely one of the best early guns. tbh I can't remember some of the other early ones in MW2. FAMAS was good if you had good connection :P

What are the best ARs in MW3?

[quote name='Horus' timestamp='1321225898' post='5638846']
It's definitely one of the best early guns. tbh I can't remember some of the other early ones in MW2. FAMAS was good if you had good connection :P

What are the best ARs in MW3?
[/quote]I wouldn't know. I hardly use AR's. If you check my sig, about 2/3 of the way through the gameplay I have there I pick up an Opponent's silenced M1A4. It worked pretty well I'd say.

Low recoil on the ACR bothered me for whatever reason. I can't hit moving targets with it...? /iBad

And the Scar is awesome, other than it never having ammo when you need it. Extended Mags + Scavenger on that is just mean. Stopping Power was overkill. I hope it's just as good in MW3

[quote name='AggroDrago' timestamp='1321226179' post='5638857']
I wouldn't know. I hardly use AR's. If you check my sig, about 2/3 of the way through the gameplay I have there I pick up an Opponent's silenced M1A4. It worked pretty well I'd say.
[/quote]I see.

I think I'll stick with the Sub Machine guns myself.

I was getting raped by the Type85(?) earlier :o

[quote name='AggroDrago' timestamp='1321226278' post='5638868']
AK-47 in MW and Blops was amazing. I want it. (though I didn't check, do we still have it?)
[/quote]

You should find this out now. One of my favorite guns to use, even if it was only for 5-ish games. Be a shame if it was gone Q~Q

Archived