Let's Try This Again...[Immortal Calligraphist Haruka]

Not-so-Radiant Arin

[img]http://i1119.photobucket.com/albums/k640/akasudds/ImmortalCalligraphistHaruka-1.jpg[/img]

Lore: 2 Level 4 Monsters. When this card attacks: Your opponent cannot activate Spell or Trap Cards until after the Damage Step. At the end of the Battle Phase in which this card declared an attack: Detach 1 Xyz Material from this card. If this card has no Xyz Material: It cannot attack your opponent directly.

So, Ancient Gear clause that can be used twice. Plus, it's Psychic (don't ask me why, I just felt like it).

Rate, hate, CnC.

[quote name='ragnarok1945' timestamp='1321303749' post='5641498']
The Ancient Gear monsters can do that WITHOUT the detaching, you know
[/quote]

Because obviously Ancient Gear monsters are located in the Extra Deck and do not take up your Normal Summon of the turn. And you're not always going to have a Geartown handy to SS Dragon. So it doesn't matter if this is the only effect the card has, since it's good, and that's all that matters (This is the RC section, learn what it means).

Twilight already mentioned the most critical flaw.

I like this card being Pyschic: if it were made, it would be the only Pyschic Xyz Monster so far.

Now, to make this card actually useful, without warping its original effect, I suggest:
[b]At the start of either player's Battle Phase[/b]; You can Detach 1 Xyz Material [s]Monster[/s] (because there is now a Trap Card that can become an Xyz Material: "Xyz Reborn") from this card: Your opponent cannot activate Spell or Trap Cards [b]until the End Phase[/b].

[quote name='Frex' timestamp='1321507458' post='5648103']
Your opponent cannot activate Spell or Trap Cards [b]until the End Phase[/b].
[/quote]
Now your just changing the effect completely :I It's the Ancient Gear Clause, not a partial Cold Wave.

My version:

When this card attacks, your opponent cannot activate Trap Cards until the Damage Step. At the end of the Battle Phase in which this card declared an attack: Detach 1 Xyz Material from this card.

[quote name='Twilight Sparkle' timestamp='1321511151' post='5648179']
When this card attacks, your opponent cannot activate Trap Cards until the Damage Step. At the end of the Battle Phase in which this card declared an attack: Detach 1 Xyz Material from this card.
[/quote]
This, because as is I think you can chain a trap to it's effect. Do that and it's a solid card. Say until after the Damage Step though, not until the Damage Step.

[quote name='Twilight Sparkle' timestamp='1321511151' post='5648179']
Now your just changing the effect completely :I It's the Ancient Gear Clause, not a partial Cold Wave.
[/quote]

True. But I think the card deserves it, considering it can only activate the effect twice.

On the other hand, limiting her effect to Ancient Gear Clause (that only affects her), it would be underpowered if compared with other Rank 4 Xyz, which have far more powerful effects.

[quote name='Dante v. Nero' timestamp='1321721079' post='5652649']
EDIT: Upped the ATK to 2300, added Twilight's fix, and also gave it a Leviathan Dragon clause (because once it runs out of Materials, nothing really happens).

Thanks to everyone for your comments and feedback.
[/quote]

Alot of Xyz monsters run out of materials and suffer no draw backs. It's compltelty unnecessary on this card.

Archived