Reverse Buster

[url="http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-ih6FlDr7tns/TsJvIRASrwI/AAAAAAAAAiM/mL1ru70ce7I/s1600/DSC_8808.jpg"][img]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-ih6FlDr7tns/TsJvIRASrwI/AAAAAAAAAiM/mL1ru70ce7I/s320/DSC_8808.jpg[/img][/url]

Reverse Buster
Light/4/Fiend
1500/0
This card can only attack face down defense monster. When this card declares attack, opponent cannot activate spell or trap card until the end of damage step. When this card attacks a face down defense monster, destroy the monster without applying damage calculation.

yfw the nerf

[quote name='~Burning Soul~' timestamp='1321372511' post='5643715']
so we are getting this? awesome

Evilfusion's optimism FTW
[/quote]

Told you.

I got excited when I entered this thread.

So it can only attack face-down monsters? Why?
So it has an Ancient Gear effect, instead of just sealing 1? Yay!
So it does NOT gain 500 ATK when it kills a monster by this effect? WHY?!

If it gained the 500, the restriction of attacking facedowns would be fine. But it doesn't, so now it's stupid. Even if it only could gain 500 a limited number of times, that'd be better than what we got.

So it's official: All of Kaito's cards suck in RL. Except Galaxy-Eyes, which is better than in the anime.

[quote name='Yuzuru Otonashi' timestamp='1321373102' post='5643732']
But Twin/Lizard/Crusher/Slasher aren't too bad o,o
[/quote]

Twin is better, but we inexplicably need a ruling about whether Galaxy-Eyes is "Photon enough" to be a Fusion Material. Lizard got nerfed to "one Photon Lizard a turn" and its targets are meh. Crusher is a Photon version of Axe Dragunite. Slasher can't attack if you control other monsters.

So no, they're all bad.

[quote name='evilfusion' timestamp='1321373252' post='5643737']
Twin is better, but we inexplicably need a ruling about whether Galaxy-Eyes is "Photon enough" to be a Fusion Material. Lizard got nerfed to "one Photon Lizard a turn" and its targets are meh. Crusher is a Photon version of Axe Dragunite. Slasher can't attack if you control other monsters.

So no, they're all bad.
[/quote]
They're really not, though =/

Slasher had the same backlash in the Anime, it's IRL backlash is no normal summon. Lizard sorta solves this.

Crusher isn't because of Lizard/RotA

Lizard being once per turn isn't a hindrance in the slightest.

Sure, they're not Tier, but the deck runs fine and dandy.

[quote name='Yuzuru Otonashi' timestamp='1321373381' post='5643744']
They're really not, though =/

Slasher had the same backlash in the Anime, it's IRL backlash is no normal summon. Lizard sorta solves this.

Crusher isn't because of Lizard/RotA

Lizard being once per turn isn't a hindrance in the slightest.

Sure, they're not Tier, but the deck runs fine and dandy.
[/quote]

Then give me a decklist! My attempt at Photons sucked terribly.

[quote name='Evil Tristan' timestamp='1321373672' post='5643757']
Isn't it usually the awesome animé duelist's cards are actually bad irl?
[/quote]

It's mostly just an ironic trend. Probably nerf related.

I personally just use it as evidence that Kaito is the most badass character ever. He's so amazing that almost all his cards suck, yet he's acknowledged as being the best duelist in Zexal. By the OTHER best duelist in Zexal.

[quote name='evilfusion' timestamp='1321373875' post='5643768']
It's mostly just an ironic trend. Probably nerf related.

I personally just use it as evidence that [b]Kaito is the most badass character ever[/b]. He's so amazing that almost all his cards suck, yet he's acknowledged as being the best duelist in Zexal. By the OTHER best duelist in Zexal.
[/quote]

[img]http://lounge.moviecodec.com/images/attachment/jack-atlus-vs-seto-kaiba-9133.jpg[/img]

Even with the fact that Atem's my favourite character just because I like his cards more really, Kaiba's always gonna be the most badass, since he's generally the skeleton of the main rival's design, albeit I've seen like 6 episodes of ZeXal so I can't really form an opinion on Kaito, but considering I've found the series so far to be worse than GX, I think I'll pass on forming any opinion.

[quote name='Yuzuru Otonashi' timestamp='1321375090' post='5643824']
ZeXal started as worse than GX, but, around the time Black Ray Lancer appears it gets better.

.... Until those damned fillers before Charlie.
[/quote]

GX didn't have plot for approximately 30 episodes after it began. Zexal did not start worse than GX.

[quote name='Yuzuru Otonashi' timestamp='1321375090' post='5643824']
ZeXal started as worse than GX, but, around the time Black Ray Lancer appears it gets better.

.... Until those damned fillers before Charlie.
[/quote]

GX didn't have plot for approximately 30 episodes after it began. Zexal did not start worse than GX.

My exact physical reaction as I saw this thread: Jumped out of my seat a little with both fists in the air, smiling broadly...

My exact physical reaction as I opened the thread: Slowly sinking back into my seat, lowering fists, smile fading...

They killed it. Completely killed it.

Can't attack face-up monsters... how utterly stupid.

Although there is that Chouren Monk thingy, I guess I could use that instead... hmm...

Archived