Dark Armed Dragon

[quote name='Horus' timestamp='1321710679' post='5652410']
If they're gonna ban this they might as well ban the other 1000 cards that are breaking the meta more and have an infinitely larger impact on how we play.
[/quote]
Um... ok? As long as those cards are actually broken and not just appearing broken as a product of the meta they're being used in.

[quote name='Chaos Pudding' timestamp='1321711929' post='5652431']
Um... ok? As long as those cards are actually broken and not just appearing broken as a product of the meta they're being used in.
[/quote]BLS is a prime example.

Konami don't need to ban this now. It [i]is[/i] banworthy, but not in this format. Konami don't ban things based on potential, but rather impact, which is why Future Fusion, a 1 card FTK, is not banned, because it doesn't see enough play.

Cards don't appear broken, they are broken in that format. Give me an example of a card that "appears" broken.

What kind of format would make Brio acceptable? It was doing insane OTK shenanigans from its release.

[quote name='Evil Tristan' timestamp='1321730189' post='5653043']
Why does everyone b**** about the meta?

It's so much better than the giant pile of s*** we just moved away from in September...
[/quote]

I can agree with this. I'm just noting that some cards do deserve to be banned even though we're not in the March 2011 format anymore. Brio has all those loops, too.

[quote name='evilfusion' timestamp='1321730289' post='5653046']
I can agree with this. I'm just noting that some cards do deserve to be banned even though we're not in the March 2011 format anymore. Brio has all those loops, too.
[/quote]

Which will be banned in March 2012.

What I don't get is why people b**** so much about essentially 2 cards that should be banned.

[quote name='evilfusion' timestamp='1321730213' post='5653046']
What kind of format would make Brio acceptable? It was doing insane OTK shenanigans from its release.
[/quote]
A format where said OTK shenanigans are impossible and/or very difficult. Brionac on its own doesn't cause any problems, just accentuates problems that are already bad and should be dealt with before Brio himself.

also this card isn't used this format because there aren't many DARK decks with good Graveyard control aside from DWs, who need to cut back on potential dead draws regardless. DAD himself is still probably among the most broken monsters out there, it's just not his time.

I don't think DAD is really all that big a deal anymore, he's fine at 1, IMO. We no longer see things like TeleDAD or Return DAD and Twilight is hilariously inconsistent in most cases. He still is a great asset when summoned but he's more of a bonus than a goal/need for most decks that run him these days.

Remember back when we though DAD was as broken as Judgment Dragon? I always loved comparing those two, since JD has easier summoning conditions and less cost for a bigger destruction effect.

Anyways, DAD is definitely not broken. He's annoying, and would be more annoying at 2, but he's a dead draw late-game and is relatively easy to come back against early-game.

[quote name='Nightmare Zarkus' timestamp='1321729752' post='5653005']
brionac
[/quote]
nope.jpg

It's broken and deserves to be banned.
[quote name='Nightmare Zarkus' timestamp='1321730445' post='5653073']
A format where said OTK shenanigans are impossible and/or very difficult. Brionac on its own doesn't cause any problems, just accentuates problems that are already bad and should be dealt with before Brio himself.
[/quote]A format without OTKs is odd to say when Brionac exists.

Archived