Yu-Gi-Oh! Invasion of the Clear Brigade; Co-Hosted by Rainbow Dash [IC/Started/Not Accepting]

Dementuo

As Celes finished her turn. Itsu prepared to flip up one of her face-down Trap Cards. [color=#ff0000]"Well, since it seems you are going on the defensive, I guess I will have to make my own counter-attack! I activate my Trap Card, Offering to the Snake Deity!"[/color] A ghostly apparition of a man with a serpentine head, golden snake-themed armor, and a tattered purple cloak rose up from behind Evoltile Odonto. [color=#ff0000]"This Trap Card allows me to destroy a Reptile-Type monster on my side of the field, in this case, Odonto, to destroy two of your cards, like your Dupe Frogs!" [/color]The specter unleashed a torrent of blue snakes, which consumed the orange turtle, before diverging to attack the Dupe Frogs.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"I activate Aegis of the Ocean Dragon Lord!" Celes countered, one of her facedowns flipping up in response to Itsu's Trap. A shiny film surrounded her monsters, protecting them from the snake assault. "Level 3 or lower Water monsters cannot be destroyed by battle or by card effects during this turn!"

She smirked. "So not only will your card destroy your Odonto, but it will fail to break my lock. What will you do then, I wonder?" Of course, she already had a good idea what the answer would be.

(Response?)

LP: 4000
H: 2
M: Dupe Frog x2 (DEF: 2000), 1 f/d, Poison Draw Frog (DEF: 100)
S/T: 1 f/d, Aegis activated.

Itsu was about to declare. [color=#ff0000]"I ac-"[/color] When she stopped, and realized that she was being baited into using her Laggia's effect. Instead, she let her snakes be deflected by the gooey film. [color=#ff0000]"Well, now, it's my turn, and I draw!" [/color]She drew her card, skipping to her Main Phase 1. [color=#ff0000]"Now, I will Flip Summon Evoltile Westlo!"[/color] A iguana-like creature with green skin, black spikes along its back, and the signature Evol DNA tail. (700 ATK|LV3) [color=#ff0000]"Now that he is flipped up, I can activate his effect, Special Summoning an Evolsaur from my Deck, and I choose Evolsaur Terias!"[/color] Westlo croaked, forming a fiery portal, out of which a monstrous roar could be heard. A huge dinosaur with black armor, draconic wings, red fins, and a huge tail with DNA patterns charged onto the field, and roared triumphantly once more. (2400 ATK|LV6) [color=#ff0000]"Because Terias was Special Summoned by the effect of an Evolsaur, I get to draw a card due to Evo-Benefits, but Terias also gains 500 ATK!" [/color]The mutant tyrannosaurus roared for a third time, and was surrounded by a red aura. (2400 ATK -> 2900 ATK) [color=#ff0000]"I set a card, then end my turn." [/color]Itsu simply declared.

[color=#ff0000]Itsu[/color]: 4000 LP
Hand: 3
Monsters: Laggia (2400 ATK|RNK4|2 XM), Terias (2900 ATK|LV6), Westlo (700 ATK|LV3)
Spells/Traps: Evo-Benefits, 2 FD
Graveyard: Odonto, Offering, Foolish

Celes scowled subtly, her Aegis successfully deflecting the blast, but as Itsu ended her round, her smirk was back. [i]Perfect, you've done exactly what I've wanted so far...[/i]

"It's my turn!" she announced, slicing a card from the top of her deck. She moved to her Disk and flipped her facedown monster. From the field, a grey frog-like creature appeared, but it seemed...odd. Flipped around...upside down...mutated, even. "I Flip Summon my Flip Flop Frog!" she announced with a grin. (Lvl 2, 500/200)

"When Flip Flop Frog is flipped up, I can return monsters from your Field to the hand up to the number of Frogs I control," Celes explained smugly. "At this exact moment, I control 4, and I suppose a roll call is in order."

(Response? As a note: This effect does not target, as it verifies the number of frogs at resolution)

H: 3
M: Dupe Frog x2 (DEF: 2000), Poison Draw (DEF: 100), Flip Flop, effect activating (ATK: 500)
S/T: 1 f/d

Itsu blinked a few times before trying to figure out something. She seemed to sketch out her strategy in thin air, desperately looking for a solution, when she stared at Flip Flop Frog for a few seconds, and started chuckling softly. The chuckle was slow and low, but her laughter increased in volume and pace, until she was in a total guffaw. [color=#ff0000]"Very good! Very good, indeed!"[/color] She chuckled, finally getting to her feet. [color=#ff0000]"You almost had me there, but you made one fatal error! That wasn't just any flipping up, that was a Flip Summon! And guess what I can do to Flip Summons, kid?!?"[/color] After a short, silent pause, she proclaimed. [color=#ff0000]"I CAN NEGATE THEM!!!"[/color] Laggia grabbed its Xyz Materials, and plunged them into his chest gem, causing it to glow brightly. [color=#ff0000]"Evolzar Laggia, negate that effect! Deflagration Declaration!"[/color] The dragon roared as it shot out a red beam of energy at the frog.

X had been watching Celes' duel closely he could tell that her opponent was a skilled duelist but all the same had fallen into Celes' trapbut while he was watching another student came up to him and challenged him to a duel so X looked over to the boy and agreed.

Student: [b][color="#ff0000"]"I'll start by summoning my Doppler Ogre and by sending 1 card from my hand to the graveyard I can summon another monster from my hand so I'll summon Grouchy Ogre, and with my Zombie Ogre sent to my graveyard by a card effect I get to bring him to the field and now with my 3 monsters I'll construct the Overlay Network Xyz Summon! Number 16: Ruler of Color - Shock Ruler and then I'll use 1 of its overlay units to stop you from using spells and I'll end my turn, so ready to give up?"[/color][/b]
Life: 4000
Mon: Number 16 (ATK 2300) (OU 2)
S/T: 0
Grave: 1
X drew his cards and looked at his hand, [b][color="#0000ff"]"I'll start by summoning my Watt Pheasant, and with his effect I'll be bypassing your monster and going straight at your life points for 1000 points of damage, but that's not the best part now your Number monster will be removed from play and will be returned at the end of the battle phase of course without its Overlay untis then I'll set 2 cards and end my turn."[/color][/b]

Mon: Watt Pheasant (ATK 1000)
S/T: 2
Grave: 0

Celes laughed, not just a chuckle as before, but a genuine laugh, discernible as such despite being layered with a mocking tone. "You think Laggia can negate Flip Summons? You will find the case to be the opposite if you read your card," she taunted. "Evolzar Laggia can only activate to the activation of a Spell or Trap Card, or the attempt to Normal or Special Summon monsters. Flip Summons are out of its range, I'm afraid."

Her eyes glinted and she gestured towards Itsu's field of monsters. "So, do you have any REAL counters, or should I just bid adieu to all your monsters?"

Itsu reread her card, until she discovered the errata in question, at which point she looked horrified. [color=#ff0000]"NO!!! That's not true!!! That's impossible!!! I could've sworn it just said 'Summon' in general! Aww, man! This sucks, and I just made this deck recently too!"[/color] She wept as her monsters were cleared off of the field, leaving her more or less wide-open to attack, though judging by the Frogs, she wouldn't be hit with very much. Her Dragon's Xyz Materials went to the Graveyard, while her other monsters were returned to her hand, Laggia, being an Xyz Monster, going back into the Extra Deck. [color=#ff0000]"Well, hit me with your best shot."[/color]

[b][color=#ff0000]"Raw you wont Get away with that now I'll have my Shock Ruler attack your stupid Pheasant!" [/color][color=#0000ff]"Not so fast I'll activate my face down Lumenize and with it my 'Stupid Pheasant' [/color][/b][color="#0000ff"][b]gains your monsters ATK and the battle is stopped." [/b][/color][b][color=#ff0000]Fine I'll set 3 cards and end my turn.[/color][/b]

Life: 3000
Hand 1
Mon: Number 16 (ATK 2300)
S?T: 3 FD
Grave 3

[b][color=#0000ff]Now I'll activate my Face down Trap Stun and have my Watt Pheasant attack you directly with 3300 points of damage, thanks to you of course.[/color][/b]

hAND: 4
Mon: Watt Pheasant (ATK 3300)
S/T: Trap Stun
Grave: 1

After the duel X walked over and took the student's Number, [b][color=#0000ff]"You really shouldn't play ante if you aren't very good."[/color][/b]

"That explains a lot," Celes murmured, continuing the turn. "I Normal Summon Swap Frog!" The red and yellow frog appeared on the field beside the others, croaking deftly. (Lvl 2, 1000/500) "When this card is successfully Summoned, I send one Level 2 or lower Aqua from my field or Deck to the Graveyard, and I choose to send another Poison Draw Frog," she said, slipping the card into her Graveyard.

"These have served their purpose," she continued, gesturing to her closest frogs. "I Overlay my Level 2 Poison Draw Frog and Flip Flop Frog!" The two monsters disappeared into individual spheres of light, entwining before becoming absorbed into a red vortex in front of her. "Xyz Summon! Gachi Gachi Gantetsu!"

The portal exploded and a golem-like monster appeared, taking a defensive stance. (Rank 2, 500/1800, OL 2) "Gachi's effect gives all monsters I control 200 ATK and DEF per Overlay Unit," Celes explained in a dismissive tone.

All her monsters shone with a light aura. "Swap Frog, direct attack!" Celes commanded. The yellow frog lashed out its tongue towards Itsu.

M: Dupe Frog x2 (DEF: 2400), Gachi Gachi (DEF: 2200, OL 2), Swap Frog (ATK: 1400, attacking directly)
Grave: Ronintoadin, Poison Draw

Itsu could do nothing but take the attack, the frog smacking her on the cheek. She wiped the slime off of her cheek as her Life Points dropped. (Itsu: 2600 LP)

As Delilah made final preparations, she recounted another recent memory, this one just as unpleasant.

[i]Delilah ran through the streets and back alleys as she called out. [color=#a9a9a9]"Natalie?!? Natalie!!!" [/color]Eventually, she found her friend, her black hair all messy and unkempt as she lay in the street in a puddle of blood, cards all around her. A note with the Clear Brigade insignia was waiting for her. [color=#a9a9a9]"Natalie!!!" [/color]Delilah grieved, picking up the young woman's body and cradling her. [color=#a9a9a9]"NATALIE!!!"[/color][/i]

Celes smirked, seeing the attack had been successful. With her opponent almost half beaten, her next move was clear. "In Main Phase 2, I'll activate Swap Frog's effect to return it to my hand. However, I will not Summon another Frog this turn. I end my turn," she stated with a smirk, her monster returning to her hand. Even though Swap Frog wasn't vulnerable due to her pair of Dupe Frogs still in play, she had big plays intended for next turn, and they could be better brought to fruition with more options.

H: 3
M: Dupe Frog x2 (DEF: 2400), Gachi (DEF: 2200)

The two arrived at home after a brief walk. Aki remained quiet the whole way, uneasy with what she expected was to be a dinner conversation she was sure she wouldn't enjoy. As the two took off their shoes and headed inside, they found their grandmother sipping tea in front of the television set to the local news.

"Grandma," Souta said as he set his backpack on the couch opposite her, "Just so you know, I think Kyo was gonna be showing up sometime this afternoon."

"Oh, really? What for?"

"Oh, you know him, always interested to see the new things."

"He here to see what your father sent you?"

"Pretty much."

"Ah, alright, but I expect you to still help me with dinner."

"Of course." Souta looked behind him to see Aki sitting uneasily against the wall. [i]Looks like she's still got those boys on her mind.[/i] Souta smiled, a move that seemed to irritate Aki a bit more, who walked into the kitchen to get away from the conversation.

"Oh, by the way Souta. I heard the mailman come by a little while ago, could you go get it for me?"

"No problem." She'd obviously said it in jest, knowing it wasn't going to be a hassle for him, since he was just as eager to get the mail as she was. Probably more. Swiftly, he walked out the front door, where he subsequently heard a knock.

Itsu quickly tried to come up with a strategy as she drew her card. [color=#ff0000][i]<Crap!>[/i][/color] She thought to herself. [color=#ff0000][i]<How do I get myself out of this one? She's got a monster that not only powers her monsters up, but will take 3 destruction methods to kill it! Ugh...how do I pull a victory out of this?!?>[/i][/color] She did a quick assessment of the field and her own hand before reluctantly deciding. [color=#ff0000][i]<Hmm...I guess I will have to go on the defensive...I HATE going on the defensive!>[/i][/color] She declared to Celes. [color=#ff0000]"I set a face-down monster, then I will end my turn!" [/color]She expected the best, but was now planning for the worse.

[color=#ff0000]Itsu[/color]: 2600 LP
Hand: 5
Monsters: 1 FD
Spells/Traps: Evo-Benefits, 1 FD
Graveyard: Odonto, Offering, Foolish, Diplo, Vulcano

(LP is 2600, remember)

Celes smirked. [i]Excellent, now she's on the defensive, even though my field is also defensive. Or so it seems...[/i]

"Terias and Westlo were returned to your hand, so you logically set Westlo. Its effect will let you Special Summon an Evolsaur from your Deck when flipped up, being a Flip Effect," Celes noted, drawing a card and glancing at it. Her eyes widened at the sight of the card. "Of course, that only applies if you manage to Flip it! I banish the Poison Draw Frog from my Graveyard to Special Summon Ronintoadin from the Graveyard!"

A rip in space appeared above the field and a small frog emerged from the ground, sucked into the rip, and a blue toad appeared beside her monsters. (Lvl 2, 100/2000). Like the other monsters, it glowed with the same aura provided by Gachi, raising both stats by 400 apiece.

"Now, I activate the Spell Card, Des Croaking!" Celes announced, turning her most recent draw around to show Itsu before sliding it into her Disk's backslots with dramatic flourish. The image of the card appeared behind her monsters, the art depicting a chorus of green frogs.

"This card can only be activated if I have 3 'Des Frog' on the field, and it destroys every card on my opponent's field!"

She grinned. "You may be asking yourself, 'how can she activate that card when she doesn't have any Des Frog?'. I'm glad you asked. While Ronintoadin and Dupe Frog are on the field, their names are treated as 'Des Frog'. So with one Ronintoadin and 2 Dupe Frog, that gives me a total of 3 Des Frog monsters for Croaking's activation condition!"

The cap-wearing frog croaked loudly. The second joined in, beginning a duet. The blue toad turned to them and let out its own croak, more gravelly than theirs, but matching the 'melody'. Soon, they were croaking in unison, but it sounded horrible, a odd tremor surrounding Itsu's field.

(Response?)

M: Dupe Frog x2 (DEF: 2400), Ronintoadin (ATK: 500), Gachi (DEF: 2200)
S/T: 1 f/d, Des Croaking activating

Itsu grinned as she flipped up her Trap Card. [color=#ff0000]"This was the moment I was waiting for! I activate my face-down Trap Card!"[/color] A pillar of bright light consumed the field, reaching up into the skies, as the cry of a dragon could be heard within. When Celes could see again, her effect had apparently been negated, and a beautiful silver and blue dragon with tattered wings, a purple breastplate, three horns reaching back, and a sharp snout. One of its golden eyes was closed due to a scar, and, in fact, its body was littered with various battle scars, and the card Itsu now had on the field was equally worn and well-used, but there was no mistake. It was the signature dragon of the legendary Turbo Duelist Yusei Fudo, proving that Itsu's own hair-fins may not be just an homage to him.
[color=#ff0000]"My Trap Card was Starlight Road, which I can activate if you try to destroy 2 or more cards with a card effect! I can negate the effect, and Special Summon a very good friend of mine, a card that has saved my hide through thick and thin, the ace card of my father, Stardust Dragon!!!"[/color]
The battle-scarred Stardust Dragon roared triumphantly once more as it floated over Gachi Gachi Gantetsu and the frogs it was protecting. (2500 ATK|LV8)

"What's this?!" Celes gasped, her composure shattered by the appearance of the sparkling dragon. Her hand trembled for a moment, but she scowled. "So what if you've got something like that?" she snapped, brandishing her Disk like a scythe blade. A faint dark aura surrounded her, the power surge within her awakened by her anger.

"I Normal Summon Swap Frog!" she hissed, the familiar frog reappearing. (Lvl 2, 1000/500). "I activate its effect, sending my third Poison Draw Frog to the Graveyard," she continued, slipping the card from her Deck to the Graveyard. "And now you've gone and done it..." she whispered.

"I Overlay my Level 2 Swap Frog, Ronintoadin, and a Dupe Frog!"

As she raised her arm over her field, the selected frogs glowed and formed into spheres of light, noticeably dark purple. These three monsters rose into the air, entwining into three threads of energy. A swirling vortex appeared on her field. Unlike the previous two Xyz Summons, this one was not red, but dark, with stars visible within the gaps, like a portal to a new galaxy entirely. The three threads darted into the portal, which exploded outwards.

"Xyz Summon!" Celes announced. "Appear now, the strongest monster! Number 96: Black Mist!"

A purplish blob appeared from the vortex, three spheres of dark light orbitting it. Slowly, the shape expanded, starting with a pair of arms with razor claws at each hand, then a pair of legs and tail, and lastly a head. The torso expanded until a demonic face seemed to emerge, huge flames at its breast to indicate eyes and fangs at its stomach. At its head, a purple number formed, written with an odd style of a dot and blocky lines, forming the number [b]96[/b]. (Rank 2, 100/1000, OL 3)

Celes giggled, her body relaxed and eyes glinting with delight. "Gachi Gachi grants my monster an additional 400 points, for 500 total," she said softly. She then thrust her hand forward. "Black Mist, attack Stardust Dragon!"

The demonic creature lashed a claw forward with the flexibility of rubber. Celes smirked. "Black Mist's effect! By using up one Xyz Material, Black Mist halves the attack of the monster it battles, and gains the same amount of ATK!" She detached Ronintoadin, and Black Mist devoured one of the spheres of light, exhaling a cloud of mist around Stardust. Its ATK dropped to 1250, and Black Mist gained 1250 ATK, giving it a total of 1750.

The demon slashed the sparkling dragon in two, then retreated to its owner's field.

"So much for your friend," Celes taunted. With a fluid motion of her hand, a new card appeared in her backrow. "Turn End."

H: 0
M: Dupe Frog (DEF: 2400), Gachi (DEF: 2200, OL 2), Black Mist (ATK: 1750, OL 2)
S/T: 2 f/d

Itsu could do nothing but stare in horror as a card close to her heart was rent in two by this monstrosity. Even as it hit her turn, her hand was shaking as she tried to draw her card. She had managed to get WAY over her head, hoping her new Deck would be strong enough to help her win, but Xyzs were clearly not her forte. [color=#ff0000]"I...I..."[/color] She tried to hold back the choking feeling in her throat as she attempted to draw, but she instead placed her hand on her Deck. [color=#ff0000]"I...I concede..."[/color] Itsu's Life Points immediately dropped to zero as she bowed her head while her quivering knees buckled and sent her to the ground. She held the ancient card in her hand, looking at the image of Stardust as she knelt there, ashamed.

Celes flinched, as if the opponent surrendering was a stab to her arm. "You concede?" she repeated, sounding too stunned to be condescending. Sure, a win was a win, but it didn't have the same satisfaction as fully defeating the woman, forcing her LP to 0 with her superior card playing. Granted, it was pretty much a given victory, even with so many ways the duel could shift...well, aside from Number 96. That was virtually unbeatable, even if Itsu did have a Number.

Celes clicked her Disk's power button once able to: Most Duel Disks were programmed to only deactivate after an ongoing Duel had been settled, to prevent the phenomenon known as "ragequitting" and then blaming "faulty Disks". If a player wanted to cancel the Duel, both players had to confirm the action. The holograms of her monsters vanished, but Black Mist lingered, its fiery eyes glowing. In a motion that startled Celes, the fiendish creature lashed out an arm, striking what seemed to be Itsu's Extra Deck, the arm phazing through the box as if the barrier didn't exist.

Itsu grimaced as the monster suddenly grabbed her Deck. [color=#ff0000]"Hey! What the- Kid! Get your monster under control here!"[/color] Suddenly, the arm started to retract, pulling out a strange feathered tyrannosaur out of the deck. The dinosaur had a colorful plumage ranging from a deep crimson to a brilliant yellow, the arrangement making it look like it was on fire. Two feathery wings were on the back of the phoenix-dinosaur and flapped against Black Mist's grip, and on the snout of the beast, a red "88" could be seen. [color=#ff0000]"No! Eternal Rex! Give him back!"[/color] She tried to grab the tail of her dino companion, only for her arms to pass through it, causing her to lose her balance, stumble and fall. She looked up from the ground in horror as the struggling monster was drawn closer and closer to the fiend ensnaring it...

Number 88: Eternal Rex
FIRE/Dinosaur/Xyz/Rank 4/2300 ATK/250 DEF
2 Level 4 monsters
Once per turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card to target 1 other monster you control; Decrease this card's ATK by any amount in multiples of 100, up to it's total ATK, until the End Phase, and increase the ATK of that target by the same amount.

Celes blinked several times, about as bewildered as Itsu. Black Mist had evidently just seized...another monster? However, as the monster reached Black Mist, the semi-transparent form of the snatched monster dissolved into the solid shape of a card hovering in the fiendish Number's claw. With a snicker, Black Mist withdrew nearer to Celes' side, and then vanished like all holograms did after a duel. Celes caught the card as it fell and examined it carefully. Her eyes lit up as she read the card's name.

"Another Number?" she mused. "Interesting..." she glanced at Itsu thoughtfully. She had hoped that the strange woman had possessed one of these special cards, and now it seemed she had. What she hadn't expected was that Black Mist was evidently capable of physically taking Numbers from a defeated opponent, even if she herself had no idea whether they had one.

THAT was going to be quite the asset in the future, as she continued to locate these cards. Whether they played one or not, Black Mist would be able to claim the Numbers when she won. Other duelists she had faced and defeated since finding this card hadn't been mugged in this fashion, so that was a good sign she was making progress.

However, Black Mist shot its arm into Itsu's deck once more to extract another Number, but after a few seconds, something roared from Itsu's deck, and started to pull back! Black Mist struggled as it was dragged towards Itsu by...something...The fiend was finally forced to sever its own arm to prevent itself from becoming the meal of the monster, which was obviously a Number, lurking deeper within Itsu's deck. Fortunately, the arm quickly regenerated, forming out of black wisps of smoke emanating from the wound. Itsu got up, putting her cards back. [color=#ff0000]"So, you took one of my two Numbers. What now?"[/color]

Celes stared at the scene. "You have more than 1?" she wondered aloud. She considered the situation, then shrugged. Whatever that second Number was, it was clearly not going to be as easy to claim. Someone with more than one Number was almost sure to be collecting more, and that could present an interesting situation in the future. Celes was never one to truly press her luck, and knowing she could locate Numbers with Black Mist and collect them, she didn't have to pin down EVERY person with a Number the moment she saw them. That was overly ambitious.

Composure regained, she merely smirked. "That'll do for now, I think. Perhaps another time we'll do this again, and I'll get your other Number then."

With this, she slipped Number 88 into her Extra Deck. Black Mist wasn't satisfied with this decision, but she didn't really care. A rematch on the spot was risky. Even though Itsu had been overwhelmed this time around, she was clearly a good duelist, possibly better than Celes.

X watched the events that transpired after the duel and thought to himself, [b][color="#0000ff"]'It looks like neither of them noticed my duel well it did only last 4 turns and they were preoccupied and I now know where 3 numbers are located so I shouldn't do anything yet.'[/color][/b] With that X began to leave, he looked up as he considered his options and felt that getting a hold of Number 16 was good enough for right now but that he would need to start being more aggressive in his hunting from now on.

Maiko was counting his new cards when he saw the strange dude walking by. [color=#008000]"He's one of them." [/color][color=#40e0d0]"one of who?"[/color][color=#006400] " a number holder I and want numbers" [/color] [color=#40e0d0]"I propose we stalk him to see how good he is. Do you agree?" [/color][color=#008000]"plus he's a grown up. what does he want with a number?" [/color]Toron explained the whole number concept to Maiko and how an eleven month child could get a number but as he explained the forgot about stalking that man. [color=#40e0d0]"I didn't find him but I did find another one." [/color][color=#008000]"Yes he is one and he has the letter X on his shirt. Maybe thats his name." [/color][color=#40e0d0]"Nobody has a name as silly as 'X'." [/color][color=#008000]"[/color][color=#008000]Your name is Toron. That's not a normal name." [/color][color=#40e0d0]"Touche"[/color] They continued to follow him until he turned and stared them in the eyes. [color=#40e0d0]"I sense the next thing he says will not be nice."[/color]

Archived