Yu-Gi-Oh! Invasion of the Clear Brigade; Co-Hosted by Rainbow Dash [IC/Started/Not Accepting]

Dementuo

[color=#800080]"You [/color][color=#800080][i]know[/i]​[/color][color=#800080] what it was that you stole from her, you lying, thieving SLUT!!"[/color][color=#000000] Kira scolded at the girl, adamant that [i]she[/i] was the person that she was after, [/color][color=#800080]"What, you think that I'm too stupid to know that you're lying through your teeth?! I'll accept your stupid duel, but if I win this, I want every single card that you've stolen thus far! And that includes that No. 88!"[/color]

[color=#000000]Kira drew 5 cards for her opening hand, and examined the cards. They didn't look to be ideal for her to take the first turn, so instead, she thought she'd give the first turn to her opponent, unaware of which exact deck the duelist was running.[/color]

[color=#800080]"I suppose you want the first turn as well?"[/color][color=#000000] Kira asked spitefully, [/color][color=#800080]"Then go right ahead! It'll make no difference in the long run!"[/color]

[color=#000000]Meanwhile, a fair distance away from the duel, Kira's grandfather watched onwards as his own flesh and blood was preparing to duel what he sensed was another Number Holder, or perhaps even an enemy Number Hunter.[/color]

[color=#800000][i]'Let's just hope she knows what she's doing,'[/i][/color][color=#000000] he thought to himself.[/color]

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Both Itsu and Delilah's irises gained translucent circuitry in them as augmented reality kicked in, though once it did, it seemed that both women had strange sets of cybernetic silver and gold rings orbiting them, as well as Itsu gaining a strange black mark along her left eye that was similar to Yusei Fudo's criminal mark, while Delilah acquired curving black markings around her eyes that complimented her glasses. The words [font=courier new,courier,monospace]"C.A.G.E. System Active"[/font] appeared in front of both women.
Both Itsu and Delilah drew 5 cards, but Itsu drew a sixth. [color=#ff0000]"I will go first, and I draw! I now activate the Continuous Spell Card Primordial Soup!"[/color] A strange spherical device with something floating within the orange goop it contained plopped down on Itsu's field. [color=#ff0000]"Primordial Soup allows me to shuffle up to 2 Evolsaurs, like my 2 Evolsaur Eliases, into my deck so I can draw 2 cards!"[/color] Itsu inserted the two cards into the machine, and two brachiosaur-like monsters emerged from the goo, struggling as they dissolved and turned into slime themselves. Two cards subsequently emerged from the machine, which Itsu picked up. [color=#ff0000]"Next, I will set 1 face-down monster and 2 face-down cards, then end my turn!"[/color]

[color=#ff0000]Itsu[/color]: 4000 LP
Hand: 2
Monsters: 1 FD
Spells/Traps: Soup, 2 FD
Graveyard: None
Banished: None

Celes' eyes narrowed at the insult and she glared daggers at her opponent. "Every card I've stolen?" she repeated coldly. "So be it. I hope you realize what you're getting into..." She then smirked. "Actually, I hope you don't. It'll be that much more satisfying when you're in over your head!"

She activated her Duel Disk, the field slots folding into the scythe blade shape. She flicked her Deck into the appropriate slot, and paused only to let it shuffle. Then she practically ripped 5 cards from the top. "Then I'll start," she said, having regained her composure. She flicked a sixth card to her hand and considered her options.

"I discard Ronintoadin to my Graveyard to Special Summon Swap Frog," she stated curtly, sliding the monster into her Graveyard, and a yellow frog with red stripes materialized. (Lvl 2, 1000/500) "Swap Frog's effect lets me send one Level 2 or lower Aqua Type monster from my Deck to my Graveyard," she continued, extracting a card from her Deck. "I choose to send Poison Draw Frog to the Graveyard."

"I banish Poison Draw Frog to Special Summon my Ronintoadin," Celes continued, a rift appearing and sucking a frog inside before a blue, easygoing toad appeared. (Lvl 2, 100/2000)

"Don't blink or you'll miss it," Celes said condescendingly. "I Normal Summon Deep Sea Diva!" A fish-like creature appeared, giving off an eerie wail. (Lvl 2 Tuner, 200/400) "When Diva is Normal Summoned, I can Special Summon another copy of it from my Deck!" An exact duplicate of the first monster appeared, its wail becoming a duet with the first.

"I Overlay my two Level 2 Diva with my Ronintoadin!" she announced. The three monsters shimmered and became streams of light, rising into the air and entwining themselves before diving into a galaxy portal that opened in the ground. "Xyz Summon! Appear now, the strongest monster! Number 96: Black Mist!"

The portal exploded outwards, and a black blob formed, expanding into a fiendish biped with flames on its chest and a torso of fangs. The number [b]96[/b] formed on its head, three black spheres of light orbitting its body. (Rank 2, 100/1000, OL 3)

Celes smirked. "And all in my first turn," she mused. "Swap Frog's effect! I return it to my hand and can Normal Summon a Frog monster this turn in addition to my Normal Summon. I'll set 2 cards and end my turn!"

She looked back at Kira, crossing her arms indifferently. "Your move, and better make it count."

LP: 4000
H: 2
M: Number 96: Black Mist (ATK: 100, OL 3)
S/T: 2 f/d
Grave: Nothing
Banished: Poison Draw

[i]"Interesting."[/i] Kai thought. "My turn." Kai began, drawing for his turn. "Since I don't control any other monsters, I can Special Summon Photon Slasher from my hand." he said. In front of him appeared a humanoid, life-size being that was glowing a faint blue. Instead of a right hand, it had a large blade. (ATK: 2100)
(Response? If not...)
"Next, I Normal Summon Reverse Buster." Kai continued, as another humanoid creature with a large, scythe-like hammer appeared. (ATK: 1500)
[(OOC: Quick note. I'll be using Reverse Buster's "Gain 500 ATK" effect, even though this effect was removed upon its release in Order of Chaos)]
(Response? If not...)
"Since I control another monster, Photon Slasher cannot attack. But even so, I attack your face-down monster with Reverse Buster." Kai declared.
(Response time)

Souta wasn't all too surprised to find Kyokari on the other side of the door the second he opened it, he'd always had a knack for showing up at the right moment.

"Kyo! I knew you'd stop by. Head on in, I've just gotta go get the mail. Be right back." Souta stepped around Kyokari and walked down to the end of the pathway.

"Is that Kyo?" Aki's voice could be heard from the other room, and a moment later, she appeared at the threshold. "Good to see you! C'mon in, it's been a while."

Aki frowned as she saw Souta smirking from the mailbox. For about four to five years, Aki had had a crush on Kyo, one that she'd gotten over fairly recently, but not enough for Souta not to poke fun at her from time to time still.

Itsu flipped up one of her Trap Cards. [color=#ff0000]"I activate Compulsory Evacuation Device!"[/color] Reverse Buster suddenly fell into a hole as he prepared to pulverize the face-down, and a strange machine with a cannon-like attachment rose up from the ground. The device move the barrel of the cannon slightly, then fired, sending the fiend flying into the air, and the blast conveniently knocked the Reverse Buster card on Kai's Duel Disk platform back into his hand. [color=#ff0000]"If you haven't run into this Trap, I will be surprised! This sucker catapults one monster on the field back to its owner's hand, and it has so many wonderful uses, too! But for now, I will use this simple Trap to defend my-"[/color]
[color=#a9a9a9]"You do realize that he can now attack with Photon Slasher, correct?"[/color] Delilah pointed out.
[color=#ff0000]"Oh...umm...so he can..."[/color] Itsu realized.

Simply looking passed Souta, he took Aki on her offer by replying, [color=#40e0d0]"Hey there Aki, thanks and I do realize that."[/color] with a hesitant breathe while entering the room behind Aki, [color=#40e0d0]"I have been quite busy with things lately."[/color] He took his scabbard from his belt, laid it down against the wall gently so that nothing would happen to it. When getting back into an upright position, relaxed, he asked Aki is a warm and welcoming smile, [color=#40e0d0]"How have you been lately, since I haven't spoke to you for sometime?"[/color] With saying that, he now waited for two things; One was going to be a reply from Aki and the other one would be for Souta to come back into the house so that he could talk to him about something serious, which is why he came here in the first place.

"Um, I've been good." Ever since she'd gotten over her crush for him, Aki'd found it easier and easier to talk to him by herself. Still, she'd always felt herself a bit awkward in it all. "Well, we just started school, I've already met a few new people in my class."

"Oh, who'd that be?" Souta had just walked back in through the door and closed it behind him, motioning for them to all sit down. Aki made sure to bump into him on the way, she knew [i]exactly[/i] what he'd meant, and thankfully for her, Kyo hadn't.

"Ah, dammit." Souta sighed and sat down on the couch next to his sister.

"I take it Dad's mail didn't get here yet?"

Souta gave Aki a quieting stare before turning back to Kyo. "So then. What was it you wanted to talk about? You seemed kinda urgent over the phone yesterday."

Kyokari, still smiling like always, took his seat in the chair that was closest to the door when needing the quick ability to leave. He wasn't sure what completely was going on here when they were talking about mail, but that was besides the point. Kyokari had to get right to his point before he got a call from the higher ups. "Well, I have been great as well, just tired. I am glad that school is going well for you Aki. Let's talk about that later, I need to get to a point here." Kyokari went into his pocket to take out a piece of paper. "Things around the town are about to get really bad, dangerous and harsh. I suggest you either stay away from it or enter it yourself. I don't know exactly what is going on, but since you are my friend, I had to tell you." he stated seriously and left out major details so that no questions would be asked.

[color=#800080]"Don't care... I don't care at all,"[/color][color=#000000] [/color][color=#000000]Kira told Celes curtly, [/color][color=#800080]"That thing's gonna be wiped of the field, starting from now! DRAW!!"[/color]

[color=#000000]Kira slashed the sixth card for the turn from her deck. She might've not had a hand worthy of going for the first turn, but what she [i]did[/i] have was everything she needed to dispose of that cursed Black Mist, and much more.[/color]

[color=#800080]"I'll start by activating A Legendary Ocean, and then I'll use Soul Exchange!"[/color][color=#000000] Kira declared, [/color][color=#800080]"This allows me to sacrifice your stupid Number Monster to summon a Medium Level monster in my hand, and I choose Superancient Deepsea King Coelacanth!"[/color]

[color=#000000]A multitude of structures had risen from the ground from out of nowhere, and the whole area seemed to be flooded with water in an instant, resulting in the Number Monster struggling to breath. As if to put it out of its misery, a bright white aura surrounded the monster. It then vanished. In its place was a gargantuan whale-like monster, that swam to Kira's side of the field and stared down at its pray. Mercifully, Soul Exchange would stop Kira from dishing out some massive damage with this creature, but perhaps the facedowns could make her regret attacking anyway. There was only one way to find out.[/color]

[color=#000000][b]Fish-type/WATER/Level 7/2800 ATK/2200 DEF[/b][/color]
[color=#000000][b]Superancient Deepsea King Coelacanth's Level: 7 --> 6[/b][/color]
[color=#000000][b]Superancient Deepsea King Coelacanth's ATK/DEF: 2800/2200 --> 3000/2400[/b][/color]

[color=#800080]"Now tell me... if you could've had one more Normal Summon, then why didn't you summon anything?"[/color][color=#000000] Kira asked mockingly, intent on nagging her opponent, [/color][color=#800080]"Why didn't you summon anything? Why didn't you summon anything?"[/color]

[color=#000000][spoiler=Kira's Status]Life Points: 4000
Cards in Deck: 34
Cards in Hand: 3
Cards on Field: A Legendary Ocean, Superancient Deepsea King Coelacanth
Cards in Graveyard: Soul Exchange
Banished Cards: N/A[/spoiler][/color]

To say that Celes was stunned by the move would have been a tremendous understatement. She could do nothing about Soul Exchange except watch as her most powerful monster was Tributed by her opponent's card. With a glare, she slid Black Mist and its Xyz Materials into the Graveyard and observed the new monster.

This was...not going to be good. While A Legendary Ocean would increase the ATK of her WATER monsters, it also lowered their Levels, meaning she wouldn't be Xyz Summon her monsters. Although after a moment's consideration, Black Mist really was her main Xyz, and it was already in her Graveyard. "Impressive monster," Celes said idly.

"I can see that you can discard a card to swarm the Field with Fish monsters, but if you do, they're nearly useless as they can't attack, and your Ocean will make any Synchro Summons difficult. The same with Xyz Summons really..."

A glint of interest appeared in Celes' eyes. Was her opponent about to Summon a Number?

She waved a hand dismissively in response to the 'nagging'. "Simple strategy, of course. Swap Frog can't Summon another Swap Frog, and Normal Summoning is optional. Swap Frog has a reusable effect each turn, so getting it off the field is ideal. So it's up to debate whether I had a Frog monster at all, or if I just wanted to conserve my resources."

M: None
S/T: 2 f/d
Graveyard: Ronintoadin, Diva x2, Black Mist
Banished: Poison Draw

[color=#800080]"Why didn't you...?"[/color][color=#000000] Kira stopped the nagging, but only because she had the decency to hear out Celes' explanation, [/color][color=#800080]"Oooooh, right. Y'know, I [i]still[/i] think you should've summoned something. Who knows? If you summoned another Poison Draw Frog, you could've gotten a free card when you activate Torrential Tribute, and that [i]could[/i] make the difference. And even if I [i]didn't[/i] use Soul Exchange and instead moved in for an attack, you could well have Staunch Defender right there and then. But enough about what I'd do with [i]your[/i] deck, let's talk about what I'm doing with [i]my[/i] deck."[/color]

[color=#000000]Kira took some to think on getting, well, any of her Ritual Monsters out there on the open. Well, Celes was right about one thing: A Legendary Ocean [i]was[/i] making it harder. But it was still possible. And as long there was even an iota of possibility, Kira would [i]always[/i] remain defiant, no matter what. It was only a matter of time before she'd get the information she wanted.[/color]

[color=#800080]"It's still possible... y'know, to Synchro and stuff,"[/color][color=#000000] Kira mentioned, [/color][color=#800080]"And you forget that I can swarm the field with [i]any[/i] kind of Fish I want, so on that basis... I think I [i]will[/i] swarm the field. I discard Gishki Aquamirror so I summon Ocean's Keeper in Attack, and all 3 of my Friller Rabcas in Defense. Like it makes a difference,"[/color]

[color=#000000]Kira shrugged as she slid Gishki Aquamirror into the Graveyard Slot of her Duel Disk. All of a sudden, 3 eel-like creatures with blades around their bodies had swam in front of Superancient Deepsea King Coelacanth to assume defensive positions. The remaining three-eyed fish, however, moved in front of the pack, its spear at the ready.[/color]

[color=#000000][b]Fish-type/WATER/Level 3/700 ATK/1500 DEF[/b][/color]
[color=#000000][b]Friller Rabca's Level: 3 --> 2[/b][/color]
[color=#000000][b]Friller Rabca's ATK/DEF: 700/1500 --> 900/1700[/b][/color]

[color=#000000][b]Fish-type/WATER/Level 3/1500 ATK/1200 DEF[/b][/color]
[color=#000000][b]Ocean Keeper's Level: 3 --> 2[/b][/color]
[color=#000000][b]Ocean Keeper[/b][b]'s ATK/DEF: 1500/1200 --> 1700/1400[/b][/color]

[color=#800080]"And now, starting from this turn, I'll know every card in your Deck!"[/color][color=#000000] Kira threatened, [/color][color=#800080]"First, I sacrifice Ocean's Keeper so I can Special Summon Thousand-Eyes Jellyfish in Defense via its effect, and then I activate Contact with the Aquamirror! Now, show me the two face-downs you have over there, as well as everything in your hand!"[/color]

[color=#000000]The three-eyed fish had evolved. Now, it had become nothing more than a vast mass of eyes, which seemed to be darting all over the place. This... monstrosity had the looks to get on [i]anyone's[/i] nerves.[/color]

[color=#000000][b]Fish-type/WATER/Level 5/300 ATK/2100 DEF[/b][/color]
[color=#000000][b]Thousand-Eyes Jellyfish's Level: 5 --> 4[/b][/color]
[color=#000000][b]Thousand-Eyes Jellyfish's ATK/DEF: 300/2100 --> 500/2300[/b][/color]

[color=#800080]"That's everything I guess... your move,"[/color][color=#000000] Kira declared.[/color]

[color=#000000][spoiler=Kira's Status]Life Points: 4000[/color]
[color=#000000]Cards in Deck: 30[/color]
[color=#000000]Cards in Hand: 0[/color]
[color=#000000]Cards on Field: A Legendary Ocean, Superancient Deepsea King Coelacanth, Friller Rabca x3, Thousand-Eyes Jellyfish[/color]
[color=#000000]Cards in Graveyard: Soul Exchange, Gishki Aquamirror, Ocean's Keeper, Contact with the Aquamirror (in use)[/color]
[color=#000000]Banished Cards: N/A[/spoiler][/color]

(Just curious, what's Gishki Aquamirror? I can't seem to find anything about that card)

Celes winced a little upon seeing Thousand-Eyes Jellyfish. Granted, the card wasn't really a [i]threat[/i], but it was definitely going to be a nuisance in terms of concealing her strategy. As the creature's eyes glowed, two transparent images appeared before Kira: the contents of Celes' hand. One card was easily recognized as Swap Frog, whereas the other was a Level 5 WATER monster: Sea Lancer.

Celes gritted her teeth as Kira activated her Spell card, and her Set cards flipped up, revealing themselves to be Xyz Reborn and Safe Zone.

"Now then, my turn," Celes announced, drawing a new card. Thousand-Eyes Jellyfish glared at the new card, and the image appeared before Kira: Salvage.

"I activate Salvage," Celes stated without hesitation. "This card allows me to retrieve 2 WATER monsters from my Graveyard with 1500 ATK or less, and I choose a Deep Sea Diva and Ronintoadin," she mused, retrieving the cards. The images in front of Kira switched Salvage for the two monsters.

"Now, I discard Ronintoadin to Special Summon Swap Frog," she continued smugly. (Lvl 2-> Lvl 1, 1000/500->1200/700). "When Swap Frog is successfully Summoned, I can send one Level 2 or lower WATER Aqua from my Deck to the Graveyard, and I choose Dupe Frog," she said, sliding the card into the Grave.

"Now, I banish Dupe Frog to Special Summon Ronintoadin from the Graveyard," Celes continued, the rift from before reappearing and dragging a frog with a graduation cap inside, the toad appearing (Lvl 2-> Lv1, 100/2000-> 300/2200)

"Now I activate Swap Frog's effect, returning it to my hand. But I'll simply discard Deep Sea Diva to Special Summon it again!" Celes continued with a smirk. She had a plan in motion now. "I'll send Treeborn Frog to the Graveyard for its effect."

"Lastly, thanks to your Ocean, I Normal Summon Sea Lancer!"

A strange, fish-like monster appeared, brandishing a wicked lance. It twirled the pike in its hand dramatically and glared at Kira. (Lvl 5->Lvl 4, 1300/1000-> 1500/1200).

Celes grinned, brandishing her Disk dramatically. "Sea Lancer's effect! Once, while it's face-up, I can choose any number of my banished Aqua, Fish, or Sea Serpent-Type monsters, and equip them to Sea Lancer! While it's equipped with at least one monster, its ATK rises by 1000!"

Sea Lancer slashed its lance, cutting open a rift. It then stabbed the spear into the rift and withdrew it with what seemed to be a manic grin. Skewered upon its spear was a frog with a grad cap, and a poisonous-looking frog. The monster twirled its lance once more, a brief aura surrounding its body. (ATK: 2500).

"Sea Lancer, attack Thousand-Eyes Jellyfish!" Celes commanded. The fish lunged forward and drove its weapon into Kira's monster, tearing out several eyeballs until it disintegrated into pixels. "Trap, activate!" Celes continued, thrusting an arm forward. "Xyz Reborn! This card Special Summons an Xyz monster from my Graveyard, and then becomes an Overlay Unit!"

The girl giggled softly. "Return now, Number 96: Black Mist!"

The Trap glowed and then dissolved into a black sphere of light, launching into the air and orbiting empty space. From within that empty space, the fiendish Number reappeared, growling with destructive lust. (Rank 2, 100/1000, OL 1)

"Black Mist, attack Coelacanth!" Celes ordered. "I activate Black Mist's effect! When it battles, by giving up one Overlay Unit, I can halve the ATK of the monster it battles, and it gains the same amount of ATK! Shadow Drain!"

Black Mist spewed a wave of mist over Kira's large monster, which growled feebly, its ATK dropping by 1500, and Black Mist's ATK increasing. (ATK: 1600). The Number lashed out its claw, cleaving the monster in two.

Celes snickered. "Turn End."

H: 0
M: Swap Frog (ATK: 1200), Ronintoadin (DEF: 2200), Sea Lancer (ATK: 2500, destroyed Thousand-Eyes Jellyfish), Black Mist (ATK: 1600, 0 OL, destroyed Coelacanth)
S/T: 1 f/d, Dupe Frog + Poison Draw Frog (both equipped to Sea Lancer)
Graveyard: Treeborn Frog, Diva x2, Salvage, Xyz Reborn
Banished: None

[color=#000000]As Superancient Deepsea King Coelacanth and Thousand-Eyes Jellyfish were both slain, Kira couldn't help but cringe. True, she didn't lose too many Life Points out of the ordeal, but she [i]did[/i] lose two valuable monsters, and there was nothing she could do able to do about it... yet. Perhaps the next card she drew could make her pay for it.[/color]

[color=#000000][b]Kira's LP: 4000 --> 3900[/b][/color]

[i][color=#800080]'Here's hoping,'[/color][/i][color=#000000] Kira slowly drew the top card of her deck and examined it, [/color][i][color=#800080]'O...K, could be worse'[/color][/i]

[color=#800080]"I'll just place a face-down. Turn end,"[/color][color=#000000] Kira declared in a defeatist tone, as the back of a card was projected behind her swarm of monsters, [/color][color=#800080][i]'Let's just hope this field holds out... after all that trouble.'[/i][/color]

[color=#000000][spoiler=Kira's Status]Life Points: 3900[/color]
[color=#000000]Cards in Deck: 29
Cards in Hand: 0
Cards on Field: A Legendary Ocean, Friller Rabca x3, 1S/T
Cards in Graveyard: Soul Exchange, Gishki Aquamirror, Ocean's Keeper, Contact with the Aquamirror, Superancient Deepsea King Coelacanth, Thousand-Eyes Jellyfish
Banished Cards: N/A[/spoiler][/color]

Toron felt a chill go through him. As he was controling Maiko's body he forgot about Maiko. He checked on Maiko and hated what he saw. He was curled up into a ball and had the new card he got in his hand. He had barely any pulse and was begining to bleed. [color=#40e0d0]"Don't worry I'll get your body back to you once we get to the hospital." [/color]Toron grabed the board and skated all the way to the hospital. On their way something got Maiko's eye but he was pretty sure he was dreaming. Once they reached there destination Toron used Maiko's body to get back to the hospital bed and then he gave full control to Maiko again and returned to spirit form. [color=#008000]"Why? Why am I getting these th-th-things?" [/color][color=#40e0d0]"That is something yet to be discovered by me." [/color]Maiko just lay there while the docters treated them. Hours passed by an Maiko didn't get any better. Toron began to worry.

"Is that all?" Celes mocked, examining Kira's field thoughtfully. "You downplay the significance, but your Frilled Rabca are excellent stallers. For each one I defeat, you can negate an attack and weaken the attacker by 500 ATK," she noted aloud. "So I'll have to neutralize that problem, won't I? Trap activate! Safe Zone!"

Her remaining facedown card flipped up, surrounding Sea Lancer with a protective shield. "This card is quite the investment," Celes explained, smirking. "The affected monster cannot be destroyed by battle or by my opponent's card effects. It also cannot be targeted by your effects, and the only downside is that it also cannot my opponent directly. If Safe Zone is removed from the field, the affected monster is destroyed. Let's see how that plays out, why don't we?"

With a grin, she tore a card from her Deck. "My turn! Draw!" She cast a glance at the card and merely nodded. "First, I'll return Swap Frog to my hand to allow me an additional Normal Summon for a Frog this turn." As she spoke, she returned the yellow frog to her hand, but did not replace it.

"Sea Lancer, attack one of his Rabca!" she ordered. The fish spun its lance and stabbed it towards one of Kira's fish.

(Response?)

M: Ronintoadin (DEF: 2200), Black Mist (ATK: 1600), Sea Lancer (ATK: 2500, attacking Rabca)
S/T: Safe Zone (on Lancer), Dupe Frog + Poison Draw (equipped to Lancer).

[color=#800080]"His?!"[/color][color=#000000] Kira asked angrily, [/color][color=#800080]"HIS??!! I'M A CHICK, YOU DUMB BROAD!!"[/color]

[color="#000000"]She obviously didn't like being referred to as a male, but she had to remain focused. That Sea Lancer creature had already just thrusted its trident and skewered one of Kira's cute little fish. It also stabbed something else...[/color]

[color=#800080]"Fish Depth Charge, ACTIVATE!!"[/color][color=#000000] shouted Kira, [/color][color=#800080]"I tribute that one Rabca that was just attacked to destroy that so called 'Safe Zone'. Doesn't look so safe to me, but whatever. Also, I get to draw a new card. Yay for me."[/color]

[color=#000000]The depth charge, which was cleverly designed to look like a fish, had exploded within seconds, taking the skewered Friller Rabca with it. A strange barrier had projected Sea Lancer from harm, but it wasn't long until that barrier were to dissipate[/color].

Safe Zone shattered apart, the barrier around Sea Lancer collapsing inwards, clearly about to take the monster with it...but as the energy field faded away, Celes' monster was still there. Celes chuckled.

"A nice move, I can admit that. Sea Lancer's effect, however, comes into play. When it would be destroyed, I can destroy one of its Equips instead, such as the equipped Poison Draw Frog," she said. Sea Lancer slashed its lance and one of the skewered frogs disappeared. "Now, Poison Draw Frog's effect activates! When that card is destroyed and sent from the Field to the Graveyard, I can draw 1 card," Celes stated, flicking a new card to her hand with only the slightest glance at the result.

"But on to business. Because the number of monsters on your field changed before Damage Calculation, thanks to your Depth Charge, I can replay my attack. Sea Lancer, attack [b]her[/b] second Rabca!" Celes ordered. Sea Lancer twirled its lance and stabbed it towards the second fish.

(Response?)

H: 3
M: Ronintoadin (DEF: 2200), Black Mist (ATK: 1600), Sea Lancer (ATK: 2500, attacking Rabca 2)
S/T: Dupe Frog (equipped to Sea Lancer).

[color=#000000]Kira was just about to insert the Friller Rabca in her Graveyard Slot when all of a sudden, her opponent decided to attack again... quite stupidly according to her anyway. At least the hastened attack saved Kira some time.[/color]

[color=#800080]"That'll cost you 499 US Attack Points,"[/color][color=#000000] she said, before rolling her eyes in response, waving the card in her hand before she inserted it into the Banished Slot instead. This time, the Sea Lancer would be stopped cold for good.[/color]

[color=#000000]Several blades from the previous Friller Rabca before Sea Lancer had rained down in between the two combatants. Comically, once of those blades had hit the Sea Lancer in the face, causing it to drop its trident.[/color]

[color=#000000][b]Sea Lancer's ATK: 2500 --> 2000[/b][/color]

After leaving the bar where X had only found 1 number, the absolutely useless Number 56: Goldrat Orbital picked up a strange energy spike so X followed it only to find the boy he had dueled earlier heading to the hospital surprisingly carrying a new number but he couldn't tell which he could only see part of the text. After watching for a time X found out that the doctors could do nothing for him so he waited until the left to get the results back from there tests and entered the room. [b][color=#0000ff]"I[/color][/b][b][color=#0000ff]f you want to get out of here and back to dueling with your life I can do that, my medical technology far surpasses what they have here and all you'll have to do is hand over that number you got before coming here not so bad to trade for your life."[/color][/b]

Celes showed no surprise, or even concern, at the move. It was better, really, to force the activation of the Rabca as soon as possible, before Kira could bring out something more dangerous that would NEED to be attacked at earliest possibility, yet have a Rabca all set in the Graveyard. She considered the cards in her hand, then nodded.

"During Main Phase 2, I Set a monster," she said, slapping a card onto her Disk. A horizontal card appeared alongside her other monsters. With a casual flick of her wrist, she slid a card into a back slot. "And I'll end with one card facedown," she said calmly.

H: 1
M: Sea Lancer (ATK: 2000), Ronintoadin (DEF: 2200), Black Mist (ATK: 1600, OL 0), 1 f/d
S/T: 1 f/d, Dupe Frog (equipped to Lancer).
Graveyard: Poison Draw x2, Treeborn, Diva x2, Salvage, Xyz Reborn, Safe Zone

[color=#800080][i]'Alright, deck, come on!'[/i][/color][color=#000000] Kira prayed as she drew her next card, only to grow ecstatic, [/color][color=#800080]"Wahoo! Let's get this party started! I sacrifice one of my Friller Rabcas to summon Mobius, the Frost Monarch! Come on out!"[/color]

[color=#000000]A humanoid creature had taken the stand, towering over what looked to be more eyesores on Celes' said of the field. As soon as this being was summoned, a huge blizzard was careening straight for the opposing field.[/color]

[color=#000000][b]Aqua-type/WATER/Level 6/2400 ATK/1000 DEF[/b][/color]
[color=#000000][b]Mobius the Frost Monarch's Level: 6 --> 5[/b][/color]
[color=#000000][b]Mobius the Frost Monarch's ATK/DEF: 2400/1000 --> 2600/1200[/b][/color]

[color=#800080]"Now for the fun bit,"[/color][color=#000000] Kira stated, [/color][color=#800080]"When Mobius is summoned, he gets to destroy 2 Spell or Trap Cards on the field. So say goodbye to that face-down, and I'll get rid of that Dupe Frog too,"[/color]

[color=#000000][spoiler=Kira's Status]Life Points: 3900[/color]
[color=#000000]Cards in Deck: 27
Cards in Hand: 1
Cards on Field: A Legendary Ocean, Friller Rabca, Mobius the Frost Monarch (in use)
Cards in Graveyard: Soul Exchange, Gishki Aquamirror, Ocean's Keeper, Contact with the Aquamirror, Superancient Deepsea King Coelacanth, Thousand-Eyes Jellyfish, Fish Depth Charge, Friller Rabca
Banished Cards: Friller Rabca[/spoiler][/color]

Kai sighed. [i]"Well, there goes that plan..."[/i] He thought, looking at the face-down monster hologram in front of him. [i]"Either I risk triggering a flip-effect with my Slasher, or I let it slide this turn and hope that Kenta can take care of it along with whatever the other one has planned."[/i] Kai spent a few moments assessing his options. "Alright... I choose to attack your face-down with my Photon Slasher, now that he's the only monster on my field." Kai declared.

The appearance of the icy monarch drew an unimpressed sniff from Celes, even as icy winds ripped around her Sea Lancer and her facedown card. After a moment's uncertainty, both cards shattered apart, and the aura surrounding Sea Lancer faded away, its ATK dropping by 1000. The image of Celes' Trap card appeared before Kira, confirming its identity as "Poseidon Wave".

"Dupe Frog's effect activates, as it was destroyed while on the field and sent to the Graveyard," she said, a card sliding from her Deck. "I add one Frog monster from my Deck to my hand, and I choose Unifrog," she flipped the card to face Kira before adding it to her hand.

"Any other surprises?" she asked condescendingly.

M: Ronintoadin (DEF: 2200), Sea Lancer (ATK: 1000), Black Mist (ATK: 1600), 1 f/d
S/T: 0

[color=#800080]"Nope, just the one,"[/color][color=#000000] Kira smirked as she said this, [/color][color=#800080]"Now... let's see how you like some damage done to your Life Points for once. Mobius, attack that weakened Sea Lancer on the other side of the field!"[/color]

[color=#000000]The Frost Monarch held out a hand, and froze the air around it, creating a spear of pure ice. It then lunged the ice spear at the targeted monster with all its might, skewering the monster within seconds before it became nothing more than pixels.[/color]

[color=#000000][b]Celes' LP: 4000 --> 2400[/b][/color]

[color=#800080]"Yeah!"[/color][color=#000000] Kira pumped a fist in the air, [/color][color=#800080]"Take that, enemy duelist! Whoo! I'm so pumped now, I could call that a turn!"[/color]

Archived