Yu-Gi-Oh! Invasion of the Clear Brigade; Co-Hosted by Rainbow Dash [IC/Started/Not Accepting]

Dementuo

"Souta... what's he talking about?" Aki wasn't as scared by the words as she was confused, looking back to Kyo worriedly.

"I dunno." Souta looked back from his sister to Kyo. His friend had always been a at least a bit of doom and gloom from time to time, but this was pushing it. Besides that, it didn't even make any sense. This town, in the time they'd known it, had been very peaceful and serene, there wasn't anything that would make Souta thing that there was an imminent threat to their lives. "Mind explaining, Kyo?"

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Celes raised her arm, shielding herself from the icy gale as it cut through her monster, her Life Points depleting by a fair amount. "Not bad," she admitted. She extended her hand and picked a card from the top of her Deck. "It's my turn, draw!"

She glanced at the drawn card and her eyes widened in surprise. She quickly surmised the situation and grinned. "I really should thank you...for everything you've done this duel has done nothing but prepare the way for your defeat."

"I Normal Summon Swap Frog!" she said, the eternally familiar frog appearing on the field. "I activate its effect, sending Ronintoadin to the Graveyard...from the Field!"

The blue toad on the field croaked in surprise as Swap Frog's croak forced it off the field. Celes smirked, knowing how strange the move had looked. "Now, I activate Swap Frog's effect, bouncing itself to the hand, and this turn I can Normal Summon another Frog monster. However, first..."

She brandished her bladed disk. "I banish Poison Draw Frog from my Graveyard to Special Summon Ronintoadin from my Graveyard!" A rift appeared above her field, dragging a monster from her Graveyard inside before the blue toad appeared back on her Field. (Lvl 2->Lvl 1, 100/2000->300/2200)

"Quick Play Spell! Inferno Reckless Summon!" Celes announced gleefully, a Spell appearing on her side of the field, the art depicting a number of skeletal beings emerging from a cemetary. "This card can be activated when a monster with 1500 ATK or less is Special Summoned to my field. It lets me Special Summon as many monsters as possible with the same name from my hand, Deck, or Graveyard in ATK Position. However, in exchange, you choose one of your faceup monsters and Special Summon as many monsters as possible with the same name from your hand, Deck, or Graveyard!"

She grinned. "So...what'll it be? If you have other copies of Mobius, that would be a good choice to Special Summon, or you can choose your Rabca...not sure what good that might do you. Of course, you might not have additional copies of Mobius and will just choose it for the sake of not Special Summoning the Rabca in your Graveyard..."

(Turn's not over, just figuring out your character's decision)

LP: 2400
H: 2
M: Ronintoadin (DEF: 2200), 1 f/d, Black Mist (ATK: 1600)
S/T: Inferno Reckless Summon (Resolving)

[color=#000000]Kira literally [i]screamed[/i] at what she was seeing. Was it another hallucination? It must have been, surely there weren't three Ronintoadins on the field... yet. And yet, here she was seeing three cyan-skinned toads, all with purple tattoos and green leaves for hats and straws in their mouths and quite peculiar flutes. The sight of the three toads was [i]enough[/i] for her to attempt to deal with. But what she was hearing... that was [i]beyond[/i] unbearable. They seemed to be croaking, as if they mocking Kira, and all that was coming out of those flutes was the most atrocious screeching that would come to her ears in her entire life.[/color]

[color=#800080]"STOOOOOOOOOOOOOOP!!"[/color][color=#000000] [/color][color=#000000]All of a sudden, Kira snapped back into reality. Even her hearing was normal. Well, she could hear herself balling her eyes out, but apart from that, everything was normal. And yet something was wrong. Kira was [i]far[/i] from the pumped up mood she was in just a few seconds ago. Very far from it indeed.[/color]

[color=#800080]"I [i]know[/i] what Inferno Reckless Summon does,"[/color][color=#000000] Kira spat, trying to fight back her tears, [/color][color=#800080]"What [i]you[/i] don't seem to understand is what this duel [i]means[/i] to me. If I lose this duel, I'll be letting a lot of people down. My family... my friends... my [i]self[/i]! And it's all because you have some [i]evil[/i] obsession with Number Monsters... and winning of course, so you can actually [i]get[/i] those Number Monsters. You and your twisted mindset. That just makes me sick!"[/color]

[color=#000000]Kira highly doubted that her speech would make any difference. She could literally foresee her defeat, and that thought would [i]always[/i] be in the back of her mind. The only thing now was that she wasn't kept waiting.[/color]

[color=#800080]"Well, it doesn't matter any more, I'll just summon Friller Rabca through your effect,"[/color][color=#000000] she said sorrowfully, as a familiar eel... shark thing hit the field, twining in with its partner for what could be the last time, [/color][color=#800080][i]'I'm sorry, guys,'[/i][/color]

[color=#000000][b]Fish-type/WATER/Level 3/700 ATK/1500 DEF[/b][/color]
[color=#000000][b]Friller Rabca's Level: 3 --> 2[/b][/color]
[color=#000000][b]Friller Rabca's ATK/DEF: 700/1500 --> 900/1700[/b][/color]

[color=#008000]"How about I see what the docters can do for me?" [/color]Maiko was just staling because he didn't want give up his newest number. He was hoping Toron could do something, he knew the docters couldn't do anything when he found that he was in hospis care. [color=#40e0d0]"Maiko do not hand over that number I have a plan and even if it doesn't work I my be able to heal you. Remember that deck you got from the stranger? Take one of the Xyzs out of there and I'll take care of the rest." [/color]Maiko did what he was told and took out from his trading 'Thunder End Dragon' but made sure X couldn't see it only that he knew it was an Xyz. There was a safe and a machine that told how much life was in Maiko. Toron got to work and hooked up the safe to the Life Machine so that when Maiko's health was good the safe would open. Toron that of that project as making a children's toy because he was very smart. [color=#40e0d0]"Maiko place the card in the safe and then shut the safe. Make sure he can not see it." [/color]Maiko placed the card in the safe and then slamed it shut. [color=#008000]"When you have healed me that life-meter will go up and then the safe door will pop open and you can take the card." [/color]Maiko made sure that it looked like he had thrown Utopia in there.

X watched as the boy did his movements but didn't trust any of them, but he also found it weird this was far to clever for him and without seeing the card himself there was no way he'd go with the boys deal he new more then most that a Number Holder will do almost anything in order to keep there Number. [b][color="#0000ff"]"Sorry but I'm not buying your deal if you don't hand me your Number first then Orbital won't fix that battered body of yours, trust me you can't handle the Numbers eventually they will consume you so it is better that you get rid of them now before it's to late."[/color][/b]

Charlotte flipped up her face-down monster, a green iguana-like creature with black spikes along its back and an odd tail that had markings which resembled DNA. [color=#ff0000]"Say hello to Evoltile Westlo!" [/color]Just before Slasher was to slice through the critter, Westlo croaked out what had to be a cry for help, but he was silenced by the robotic warrior. However, a fiery portal with strange cybernetic designs within formed, and a dinosaur roared out from within. A few seconds later, an orange tyrannosaur-like beast with black armor plating and small draconic wings charged through and roared once more. (1900 ATK|LV4) [color=#ff0000]"Evoltile Westlo can Special Summon any Evolsaur monster from my Deck when he is flipped up, such as Evolsaur Cerato here." [/color]Cerato roared a third time as a red aura surrounded him. (1900 ATK -> 2100 ATK) [color=#ff0000]"Plus, his own effects activate! Whenever he is summoned by the effect of an Evoltile, he gains 200 ATK, and, whenever he destroys a monster by battle, I get to add an Evoltile to my hand from my Deck!"[/color]

Celes laughed. It wasn't a mocking laugh, but one of mirth. "Evil obsession with Numbers?" she repeated, shaking her head. "My twisted mindset? You are raving, you know that?" she grinned. "Numbers are a fascination. Not even close to an obsession. It does not consume my life, nor do I care enough to pursue every individual with one. I do aspire to collect them all, of course, but I don't feel that's the only thing worth dueling for. Let's not forget, you challenged me."

"Back to the duel: While on the Field, Ronintoadin's name is treated as Des Frog. Inferno Reckless then Summon Summons as many copies of that monster as I can. I only have 2 slots open, however. Come forth, 2 real Des Frogs!"

Beside the blue toad, 2 large green Frogs appeared, looking over towards Ronintoadin as if expecting to see a brother. Instead, they exchanged blank looks. (Lvl 5->Lvl 4. 1900/0->2100/200)

"Your Legendary Ocean is so useful," Celes taunted, raising an arm over her field. "I Overlay my two Level 4 Des Frog!"

Both green frogs croaked once and glowed, becoming a pair of energy spheres. They flew up, twining around one another dramatically. In front of Celes, another Xyz portal opened, a galaxy visible within the gap. The spheres flew into the hole, and the portal exploded.

"Xyz Summon!" Celes declared. "Come forth, Number 88: Eternal Rex!" A large, feathered dinosaur began to materialize, the colors of the feathers giving it the appearance of flames. A pair of wings flapped from the dino's back and it roared once before facing the opposing monsters, a red number 88 appearing upon its snout and two lights orbited its body. (Rank 4, 2300/250, OL 2)

[spoiler=Number 88: Eternal Rex]
FIRE/Dinosaur/Xyz/Rank 4/ATK 2300/DEF 250
2 Level 4 monsters
Once per turn: Detach one Xyz Material from this card and target 1 other monster you control; Decrease the ATK of this card by any amount, in multiples of 100, and increase the ATK of the target by the same amount, until the End Phase.
[/spoiler]

"Now, I Normal Summon Unifrog, thanks to Swap Frog's effect," Celes continued. A purple frog with a distinct horn on its forehead appeared on the field. (Lvl 2->Lvl 1, 400/400->600/600). "As you may know, Unifrog can attack you directly."

"Eternal Rex's effect!" Celes announced. One of the glowing spheres burst apart, showering Unifrog with sparkling light. "I remove one Overlay Unit and target my Unifrog, then I reduce its ATK by 2300 for this turn, and give Unifrog the same amount of ATK!"

(Eternal Rex: ATK 2300 ->0)
(Unifrog ATK 600-> 2900)

"Unifrog, direct attack!" Celes commanded. The purple unicorn-like frog charged forward, plowing its horn into Kira. "Unifrog's effect! When it successfully attacks directly while I control another Frog besides a Unifrog, such as the Ronintoadin whose name is treated as Des Frog, it destroys one Spell or Trap on my opponent's field, such as your Legendary Ocean!"

She gestured towards her Ronintoadin, which croaked, surrounding Unifrog with a pale purple aura. Unifrog withdrew from Kira and a burst of magical energy shot from its horn, shattering the Ocean Field Spell and dispelling the illusionary field from around them.

"Without the Ocean, all monsters regain their Levels and their stats are reduced by 200," Celes explained with a chuckle. "Black Mist, attack a Rabca!" The fiendish Number slashed its claws, tearing the fish apart.

"But don't count me out yet," Celes said, flipping up her monster. "I go to Main Phase 2 and Flip Summon my Crystal Seer!" Her horizontal flipped up, revealing itself to be a humanoid fortune teller sitting at a table, peering into a crystal ball. (Lvl 1, 100/100). "Crystal Seer's Flip Effect allows me to see the top 2 cards of my Deck, and then add 1 to my hand, and the other to the bottom of my Deck," she explained.

Crystal Seer waved its arms dramatically over the crystal ball and the image of two cards appeared in front of Celes, the backs to Kira. Celes studied the two cards, frowning to herself, and then pointed to one of them. The fortune teller merely nodded solemnly, handing Celes a card and tossing the other under its table, looking around shiftily as it did so.

"Now that your Ocean is gone, I Overlay my Level 2 Ronintoadin and Unifrog!" Celes announced. The two monsters shimmered, dissolving into spheres of light and sucking themselves into a red vortex. "Xyz Summon! Come forth, Gachi Gachi Gantetsu!" The portal exploded and a golem monster appeared, kneeling to take a defensive stance, two yellow orbs of light revolving around it. (Rank 2, 500/1800, OL 2)

"While Gachi Gachi is faceup, all my monsters gain 200 ATK and DEF for each of its Overlay Units," Celes explained. She then slid her new card into a backrow slot. "I'll play this card facedown and end my turn! During the End Phase, Eternal Rex's effect wears off."

(Rex ATK: 400->2700)

"Do your worst," Celes challenged.

H: 1
M: Number 88: Eternal Rex (ATK: 2700, OL 1), Number 96: Black Mist (ATK: 2000, OL 0), Gachi Gachi Gantetsu (DEF: 2200, OL 2), Crystal Seer (ATK: 500)
S/T: 1 f/d

[color=#40e0d0]"Oh, I was talking about a book I thought you would be interested, sorry about not mentioning that. I think I have the book in my back if you would like to look at it." [/color]Kyokari hastily replied, hoping that this would be a good cover up story for what he was getting carried away with. He gave too much information, more than what was needed. Kyokari went into his bag to look at some papers to see if he had anything that would help him in this situation, but nothing came up just yet. [color=#40e0d0]"Well, Aki, you were talking about something earlier. I really just came over to hang out with you guys, like the old times. Hopefully this wasn't a bad time." [/color]He happily mentioned, even if it wasn't the complete truth.

[color=#40e0d0]"Do not give him that card! I know he knows that we were trying to trick him." [/color]Maiko could see that Toron was building something. [color=#40e0d0]"I was an inventer at my home world. The best of the best. Until..." [/color]He really didn't want to say anything about that event. It would either freak Maiko out or it would freak him out again. Maiko thought of his own plan and thought of a great one.[color=#40e0d0] [/color][color=#008000]"Okay I'll give you the card if you can get me my thunder end dragon by correctly opening the safe." [/color]Maiko knew X hade a robot dude so thats why he said 'correctly' because if he did get it out with his robot Maiko wouldn't give the card and even if he did open the safe correctly he still wouldn't give. If he went by force how ever Maiko knew he would he'd let Toron take over because he knew he could take them. His plan was almost fool proof.

X sighed and decided to give the boy some information that would hopefully convince him to hand over the card because if the boy didn't he would most likely die from his injuries. [b][color="#0000ff"]"Listen to me, you can't handle the numbers when you first got them it appears to have damaged your mind creating a second personality, the longer and the more numbers you get the more damage you will take why do you think you took so much damage with our duel it's because your body is almost addicted to the numbers. I have a Barrier stone which allows me to handle the power of the numbers without ill effect but they've already ravished your body so much that your on deaths door."[/color][/b]

[color=#40e0d0]"Don't believe him! This man lies! I know more then he ever would! I'm building a life support machine that will keep you alive until I'm done building the healing system. He was right about one thing though. The reason you got hurt was because you couldn't handle it but, I'm fixing that.You may think your crazy but your not. I chose you for a reason because you looked like you could handle and you can. Mainly. This new card could get us back in the number game because there is a chaos numbe I know of of that card. I'm almost finisheed....Done." [/color]Toron building looked like ghosts moving things. People could sort of see him but he was unreconizable. The more and more Toron thought of X calling Maiko crazy mad Toron angry. He kind of bonded with the kid and was having the feeling that he should make himselve known. He decided to do it. He started to glow so every one could see him and soon every one could. He floated straght over to X. "[color=#40e0d0]This kid I snot crazy. You are."[/color] He then pluged in the life support machine and went to get more parts.

X watched as the machine was being built which was ridiculous because even the best inventor would need tools and supplies that were not available there, this could only mean 1 thing and it was even more dangerous then what he had first thought. [b][color="#0000ff"]"It looks like I was wrong your not crazy but you have something for worse a parasite, it looks like it is trying to reconstruct your body to serve it's purpose which most likely means that it will eventually faze you out even if that is not its purpose so here is my warning get out of the numbers game and go back to a normal life, oh and it looks like your machine will explode soon you really shouldn't build stuff out of medical equipment you find lying around."[/color][/b]

Maiko looked at it and didn't believe him at first but he was right. The thing was going to explode. Maiko took quick actions and pulled the plugs out of his body and pushed it owards the window but it didn't go over. He found a stone in his pocket and threw it at the machine just in time too. It fell to storys and then exploded. It took out half of two storys under Maiko and half of another house to the side of the building. Maiko didn't expect it but it was a mighty explosion. Meanwhile Toron had just finished the heal system he built inside an old duel disk when he heard the explosion. His ear drums started to ring. He went outside and saw the top half of the hospital leaning and about to fall. The half that Maiko was on.

[color=#000000]As the small frog impaled Kira in the chest with all its might, the poor girl screamed in pain as loudly and drawn out as she could, before falling to her knees. The last thing she saw in the real world were the structures crumbling into ruin, and the ocean draining away, as if it were absorbed in its entirety by the grass beneath their feet. After that point… everything went white in mere seconds.

[b]Kira’s LP: 3900 --> 1000[/b]
[b]Friller Rabca’s Level: 2 --> 3[/b]
[b]Friller Rabca’s ATK/DEF: 900/1700 --> 700/1500[/b]
[b]Mobius the Frost Monarch’s Level; 5 --> 6[/b]
[b]Mobius the Frost Monarch’s ATK/DEF: 2600/1200 --> 2400/1000[/b]

Kira gulped. Now where was she? Was this the same hallucination world as before? What the hell was she doing here, when she could be out there trying to figure out how to get out of this mess? Perhaps this was the mess, as illustrated by the three familiar frogs and their croaking and flute playing. But then, there was a new face, that of Kira’s actual opponent in Celes, challenging Kira to do her worst. The mere sight of this woman had enraged Kira, who pulled her towards her and stared into her seemingly blank eyes with a look of pure venom.[/color]

[color=#800080]“You don’t even know my worst, do you?”[/color] [color=#000000]Kira asked spitefully

A jolt of reality, and paranoia was settling inside Kira. She only had one turn before it was all over, and only a single card in her hand which was currently useless to her. It was down to the last draw. Kira hesitantly reached for her deck, and literally peeled the top card in her deck, if only to see the name: Lost Blue Breaker.

It was a start. At least now she could dispose of the card that maybe getting in the way, and it would also put the Pot of Avarice to good use. Perhaps she could draw a powerful Gishki monster that would lay waste to her opponent’s remaining Life Points. Kira had to try… she needed this duel to be in her victory, or Itsu would probably never forgive her for all she knew.[/color]

[color=#800080]“I… I summon Lost Blue Breaker in Attack,”[/color][color=#000000] Kira stated nervously. A blue, two-headed serpent arose from the ground, eyeing up its prey over the side of the field, behind all the monsters.

[b]Sea Serpent-type/WATER/Level 3/1400 ATK/0 DEF[/b][/color]

[color=#800080]“And I’ll sacrifice it to destroy that face-down, I guess,”[/color] [color=#000000]Lost Blue Breaker hurled itself into the air, with a boost from a conveniently nearby monarch, and pierced straight through the ground, destroying the card instantly and rendering it into nothing but pixels.[/color]

[color=#000000][spoiler=Kira's Status]Life Points: 1000[/color]
[color=#000000]Cards in Deck: 26[/color]
[color=#000000]Cards in Hand: 1[/color]
[color=#000000]Cards on Field: Friller Rabca, Mobius the Frost Monarch[/color]
[color=#000000]Cards in Graveyard: Soul Exchange, Gishki Aquamirror, Ocean's Keeper, Contact with the Aquamirror, Superancient Deepsea King Coelacanth, Thousand-Eyes Jellyfish, Fish Depth Charge, Friller Rabca, A Legendary Ocean, Lost Blue Breaker (in use)[/color]
[color=#000000]Banished Cards: Friller Rabca[/spoiler][/color]

As Lost Blue Breaker struck the card, a whistle blew, followed by a deafening explosion. On Celes' field, Crystal Seer shattered apart. On Kira's, Mobius did likewise. The girl chuckled quietly, shaking her head.

"You activated my Trap: Attention! This should seize yours. I target 1 Level 5 or lower monster on your field, and all monsters on the field with a different Level than that monster are destroyed. I chose your Rabca, and so all monsters that aren't Level 3 are destroyed," Celes explained smoothly. "Xyz Monsters do not have Levels, so they are immune, but otherwise, your Mobius and my Crystal Seer are Level 6 and 1, respectively. So they went boom."

The Numbers on her field seemed to glare at Kira with piercing gazes.

M: Black Mist (ATK: 2000), Eternal Rex (ATK: 2700, OL 1), Gachi (DEF: 2200, OL 2)
S/T: Attention! (destroying non-Level 3s)

[i][color=#800080]'No... I lost!'[/color][/i][color=#000000] Kira convinced herself, [/color][color=#800080][i]'There's no way I can beat her any more, unless I get... no, I can't do it. I've never had a lucky break in my entire life! Surely I can't get one now. But... I can't just give up on that woman... can I?'[/i][/color]

[color=#000000]She gulped. At least she could actually use Pot of Avarice now, but could she draw the right card? That was the question she had to ask herself. Superancient Deepsea King Coelacanth would likely be her best ally right about now, but that was already sent to the Graveyard just after the first turn she summoned it. There was only one way to get it back.[/color]

[color=#800080]"Well, the last thing I can do at the moment is play Pot of Avarice, returning Ocean's Keeper, Thousand-Eyes Jellyfish, Friller Rabca, Lost Blue Breaker and Mobuis the Frost Monarch back in my Deck to draw 2 cards,"[/color][color=#000000] she declared. This was the moment of truth. Could Kira draw the card she needed to win this duel once and for all?[/color]

[color="#000000"]The first card was none too helpful. Well, it could've been if Kira could even get it out on the field. But that wasn't important right now, what mattered was that she'd drew the right card. She prayed a little, pleading for forgiveness before slowly peeling the second card from the deck, as she did with Lost Blue Breaker earlier. She needed a miracle... and that's exactly what she got.[/color]

[color=#800080]"I can't thank Lady Luck enough,"[/color][color=#000000] Kira told her opponent, [/color][color=#800080]"I activate Monster Reborn to resurrect Superancient Deepsea King Coelacanth from the Graveyard in Attack! It's about time I kicked some ass with him."[/color]

[color=#000000]The behemoth fish was back, and with his return, Kira suddenly gained a whole lot more confidence. Even if this thing couldn't wipe out Celes' Life Points, she was certain that it would be more than capable of finishing her off next turn.[/color]

[color=#000000][b]Fish-type/WATER/Level 7/2800 ATK/2200 DEF[/b][/color]

[color=#800080]"I then discard Evigishki Soul Ogre to swarm the field with all 3 of my Gishki Abyss, which I'll also place in Attack,"[/color][color=#000000] she declared. Three humanoid beings, who seemed to have entire shark bodies for heads, lunged themselves onto the field. None of these monsters were very strong, and they couldn't attack anyway because of Coelacanth's effect. But that wasn't why they were summoned onto the field in the first place.[/color]

[color=#000000][b]Fish-type/WATER/Level 2/800 ATK/500 DEF[/b][/color]

[color=#000000][spoiler=Kira's Status]Life Points: 1000[/color]
[color=#000000]Cards in Deck: 26[/color]
[color=#000000]Cards in Hand: 0[/color]
[color=#000000]Cards on Field: Friller Rabca, Superancient Deepsea King Coelacanth, Gishki Abyss x3[/color]
[color=#000000]Cards in Graveyard: Soul Exchange, Gishki Aquamirror, Contact with the Aquamirror, Fish Depth Charge, A Legendary Ocean, Pot of Avarice, Monster Reborn, Evigishki Soul Ogre[/color]
[color=#000000]Cards Banished: Friller Rabca[/spoiler][/color]

"Such a fortunate draw," Celes mused, more amused than worried. Certainly the opposing Coelacanth was imposing, outmatching all 3 of her Xyz Monsters in battle, but that probably wouldn't matter. Indeed, she took note of something else...which was mildly more worrisome.

"With only 1000 Life Points remaining, placing Gishki Abyss in Attack Position would be nothing short of foolish when facing down my monsters," she noted, although her voice was lacking the characteristic smugness. "You have 3 Level 2 monsters, so you must be planning to use them to Xyz Summon, since they cannot attack and their effects are negated. You have no further cards in your hand and no further options on the field, and you don't have any little surprises in your Graveyard after returning the Friller Rabca in your Graveyard back to your Deck."

She cocked her head to the side almost curiously. The traditional Rank 2 Xyz that came to mind were no use in this situation, so her opponent must be about to Summon a Number. That would be worth seeing, to say the least.

"Don't leave me in suspense," she said, gesturing dismissively. "Finish up or end your turn."

M: Black Mist (ATK: 2000), Eternal Rex (ATK: 2700, OL 1), Gachi Gachi (DEF: 2200, OL 2)
S/T: 0

[color=#800080]"HEY!!"[/color][color=#000000] Kira shouted at the girl, [/color][color=#800080]"It's [i]my[/i] turn, [i]I[/i] decide how long it takes! [i]You[/i] don't get a say in the matter!"[/color]

[color=#000000]She then pouted a little, only to stall for time as she was complimenting whether or not to even [i]bother[/i] utilizing Gishki Aquamirror's effect. She could've done this any time, but if she did so, it might very well constrict with her draw. The only way it would be worth it would be if she'd be able to summon Evigishki Soul Ogre right off the bat next turn... and that would be impossible at the moment. Minutes passed before Kira made up her mind on the matter, if only to build up the suspense.[/color]

[color=#800080]"Oh, and FYI, you should've kept your mouth shut!"[/color][color=#000000] she goaded, [/color][color=#800080]"I completely forgot I had one of those until you stupidly reminded me. Oh well, at least I don't get to lose any more. Now... where was I? Oh yeah, I overlay all 3 of my Gishki Abyss to summon my own Number Monster. Let's see how you like this lady!"[/color]

[color=#800080][i]"Seductions from the succubus leave to the ultimate demise of the man, whose sin of lust confuses him to be unaware of the great peril that lays before his eyes,"[/i][/color][color=#000000] Kira chanted, [/color][i][color=#800080]"Xyz Summon! No. 33: Anguis Incantator!"[/color][/i]

[color=#000000]A blue-skinned tribeswoman had emerged from a black hole, and landed on the ground on both hands and feet. She glared and hissed at the enemy monsters, her eyes glowing deep red and her fangs and serpentine tongue extended, before crossing her arms across her chest and closing her eyes. The number 33 shone on the tribeswoman's left thigh.[/color]

[color=#000000][b]Zombie-type/WATER/Rank 2/1900 ATK/1400 DEF[/b][/color]
[color=#000000][b]No. 33: Anguis Incantator's Overlay Units: 0 --> 3[/b][/color]

[color=#800080]"Now... you've been taking advantage of my Legendary Ocean for too long, so now, I think I'll take advantage of one of [i]your[/i] cards,"[/color][color=#000000] Kira stated, [/color][color=#800080]"I detach one Gishki Abyss from Angius Incantator so she can take control of Eternal Rex! Of course, neither of the two can attack during the Battle Phase, but hey; Anguis is in Defense anyway. It's a shame that Rex'll lose 400 Attack Points when it comes into my control, but what can I do?"[/color]

[color=#000000]Anguis Incantator chanted in a strange tongue. It was only a matter of time before the targeted creature would succumb to the chanting and, in its hypnotized state, cruised over to join its new master in Kira.

[b]No. 33: Anguis Incantator's Overlay Units: 3 --> 2[/b]
[b]No. 88: Eternal Rex's ATK: 2700 --> 2300[/b][/color]

[color=#800080]"And finally, I'll detach the last monster from Eternal Rex to increase Superancient Deepsea King Coelacanth's attack power," [/color][color=#000000]Kira declared, [/color][color=#800080]"Suppose I might as well use all of it since Rex can't attack anyway."[/color]

[color=#000000]A surge of strength enveloped the colossal fish, as the hypnotized Eternal Rex had fused all its powers with Coelacanth. This called for some serious damage to the opponent's Life Points, leaving her with only a fraction.

[b]No. 88: Eternal Rex[/b][b]'s Overlay Units: 1 --> 0[/b]
[b]No. 88: Eternal Rex's ATK: 2300 --> 0[/b]
[b]Superancient Deepsea King Coelacanth's ATK: 2800 --> 5100[/b][/color]

[color=#800080]"Let's do this. Superancient Deepsea King Coelacanth, attack Black Mist! FINISH THIS!!"[/color][color=#000000] That one last command from Kira was all it took. The behemoth fish in Coelacanth blasted a full torrent of sea-water, aiming straight for the monstrosity ahead of it. The Number Monster sprawled across the ground from the impact of such an attack. It was over.[/color]

[color=#000000][b]Celes' LP: 2400 --> 0[/b][/color]

[color=#000000][spoiler=Custom Cards Used][/color][img]http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/nn112/Admiral_Stalfos19/No33AnguisIncantator.png[/img][/spoiler]

Souta and Aki exchanged a confused glance when Kyokari seemed to dodge the question by talking about a book. They didn't find it particularly strange, after all, Kyo'd always been like that, even if this seemed a bit more off than usual. The two simply attributed it to not seeing him in so long. The second question was much easier to answer.

"No, not at all. It's great to see you, you really should stop by more often."

"And as to what we were talking about, well, you know my Dad, he was gonna send me some cards he got in the Americas. They were [i]scheduled[/i] to arrive today, but you know those international shipping companies. Never gonna get here when they say they will." Souta laughed. "So anyway, how've you been? We haven't seen you in so long, can't say we never got a bit worried you'd just up and vanished."

[spoiler=OOC]Personal pet peeve- Don't calculate my stats for me. It's really annoying to see, even if I don't have responses. You should have just ended your post with the declaration of the winning attack, and let me handle the rest involving victory/defeat. Technically, you have no right to modify my LP without my input, and if I had a twist or response, your post becomes invalid in some way. I tend to draw upon the anime when RPing, and often, characters could end up taking less damage than the other character expected, and if the RPer controlling the latter character is making LP calculations for the former, it looks stupid when these sort of twists show up.

Anime example: Kaito vs Astral. Chaos Number 39 used its effect once (ATK: 3000) and weakened Photon Circler by 1000 (ATK: 0). Kaito has 2800 LP left, and is visibly shaken. But when the attack goes through and seems like Astral's win, it's revealed Photon Circler halves the damage it takes, and Kaito has 1300 LP left. In an RPer scenario, if Astral's RPer attacked and marked Kaito's LP as 0, I imagine Kaito's RPer would be quite peeved by how that ruins the scene.
[/spoiler]

Celes ignored Kira's little tantrum, instead watching with interest as the three monsters were Overlaid. While analyzing an opponent aloud did indeed come to bite her every so often, she didn't believe for an instant that her opponent had "forgotten" she had a Number, nor that she had no intention of performing the Xyz Summon from the very beginning. If she hadn't, the 3 Abyss would have been in defense.

When she heard the effect, her amused interest vanished, replacing by alarm as her monster was moved to her opponent's field. As Eternal Rex showered Coelacanth with power, her eye twitched. "I-Impossible," she could only whisper. The giant fish, now at 5100, blasted her remaining number with a massive blast of water.

[i]Numbers can only be defeated in battle by other Numbers...but I still take Battle Damage[/i]...Celes stared straight ahead in silence, the water striking Black Mist spraying out from around it and hitting her, throwing her backwards with a thump as she hit the ground. She stared at her LP counter, watching with a sinking heart as the numbers went down until they hit 0 with a loud, resounding beep-like click.

LP: 0

"I-Impossible," Celes stammered again, knowing her protests made no difference. The holograms of the duel disappeared around her, leaving her on the ground with next to nil context. Number 88: Eternal Rex was still on her opponent's Duel Disk, and she knew that by the terms of their Duel, the card was no longer hers.

Relief flooded her as she noticed the translucent form of the fiendish Number had remained at her side, but she closed her eyes in pain, fighting the tears threatening to well up in her eyes. How could she have lost? She hadn't made any mistakes, and she never blamed luck for results. The duel had been in her hands almost the entire time!

Slowly, the girl picked herself up, wiping her eyes with her arm and glaring at Kira with eyes that showed none of the pain that she felt inside. "So you won, and all those idiots who are counting on you won't be let down," she said, in a hollow version of her usual condescending tone. "Take that Number, then. It's the only one I took from someone else, as agreed. Only the Numbers I [i]stole[/i] were up for grabs."

As if to confirm the claim, a pale purple [b]96[/b] appeared upon her hand, and the appearance of the number filled Celes with a sort of warm feeling. Her Number wasn't abandoning her. The number only lingered for a few moments before disappearing again.

Celes turned to walk away. She had nothing more to say to this girl that wouldn't turn into a hate-filled rant or tearful rage, neither of which she could trust herself to keep inside for long.

Maiko realised that the building was about to fall so he grabed a metal bar over his head with one hand and another to the side with the other hand. He saw that X was about to fall out the open window. At first he didn't care if he fell because he'd been so mean to him but then he realised he could fix him. He swung and grabed X by the coller. Toron was running to Maiko when he tripped and dropped the healing system. It shattered. [color=#40e0d0]"No, no, no , no! This is fixable but it will be hard. Come on come on. Shoot!" [/color]He was trying to put the pieces back together but it wouldn't go. Meanwhile Maiko was thinking that X's robot could save X so he wraped his arm around the bar and took out a stick from his pocket then threw it at the robot. It hit him head on. It tryed to get away but slid into the corner of the room and the cabinet files almost crushed it. Maiko looped his foot into one of the handles of the cabinet files and could crush the robot at any second. [color=#008000]"Listen X. Heal me or you and your robot get it."[/color]

X chuckled as the boy grabbed him not realizing that he didn't have the strength to do any damage but as the robot began to slide away it changed form and began to hover in the air and flew over towards X, then it released a pulse of energy and time around them seemed to have stopped. [b][color=#0000ff]"Your already on your last leg because of the numbers and your 'partner' this isn't your fight and you can't handle it even if I save your you'll probably end up in worse shape latter so give me your numbers I doing this so you won't get hurt again the reason I'm hunting the numbers is so that no one gets hurt by them again, it's time to stop the game and go back to your life I'm sure there is someone who cares about you so how do you think they'll feel when you die huh stop being a selfish brat and actually listen to what I'm telling you!!!" [/color][/b]After that X took a deep breath he grabbed the boys hand around his throat and removed it, [b][color="#0000ff"]"And on a side note my robot has a battle mode so if you hit him again I can't guarantee that he wont rip you to shreds." [/color][/b]By X's tone this was obviously a joke.

Maiko knew he was right. He should just give up but then he saw Toron with the machine. It looked beat up but if Toron knew it would work it would work. [color=#008000]"You no what? There is nobody who cares for me! My parents had just died today! I found this card in the building they died in! Nobody loves me!" [/color]Tears ran down Maiko's cheek. Toron was floating up the building and finally reached Maiko. He pulled out the machine and attached it to Maiko. [color=#40e0d0]"I dropped it once but soon fixed it. Believe me when I said it was hard." [/color]It was strange but Maiko felt so much better. After a few minutes Maiko began to loose grasp of the bar and looked like he was about to fall but then he grabed on with both hands and flung himself to safety. He almost didn't make it but he climbed up from the ledge ont to the leveled part of the building. He took of the machine, he felt entirely better. [color="#40e0d0"]"Maiko there is so much tools and gadgets I could make something out of in the basement. " [/color]Maiko sprinted to the basement.

[color=#800080]"You're the idiot!"[/color][color=#000000] Kira spat at Celes as she walked away, intent on seeing if she couldn't 'rub some salt into her wounds' as the saying went, [/color][color=#800080]"Making such a big deal out of a loss, pleeease no-one does [i]that[/i]..."[/color]

[color="#000000"]Suddenly, she heard an applaud from behind her. This turned out to be from her own grandfather, who was watching the duel unfold the whole time. Although he was unhappy that Kira was unable to obtain Black Mist, at least she had gotten one Number.[/color]

[color=#800000]"You've done well,"[/color][color=#000000] Kira's grandfather told her, [/color][color=#800000]"I suppose you have something to show me?"[/color]

[color=#800080]"Well... I [i]do[/i] have this,"[/color][color=#000000] Kira showed the No. 88 card that she'd just won to her grandfather, [/color][color=#800080]"...and, well, I befriended its original owner. She said she'd get No. 17 for me in exchange for this one. I just hope she can manage it."[/color]

[color=#800000]"We'll see about that,"[/color][color=#000000] the grandfather chuckled slightly after saying this, [/color][color=#800000]"The real question is... can we trust her?"[/color]

X sighed yet again and decided to cut his loses the school would be informed if the student dies and he could collect the Number then now his priority was getting out of the hospital which wasn't to tough all he had to do was have Orbital fly him out and then return to normal time.
-20 minutes later-
[b][color=#0000ff]"I suppose I could check on Celes and try and get a hold of whatever Numbers she's collected but I need to be careful unlike the other people I've hunted she's one of my students."[/color][/b]

Archived