Inheritance Series

Astolfo

[quote name='Dwarven King' timestamp='1346626774' post='6018106']
So...someone has to die in order for a book to be good?
[/quote]

I didn't neccessarily say that.

The whole nation was at war, one that had claimed the lives of thousands (and even at times occassionally one or two people I actually cared about), then going into this final battle at the evil king's HQ, this suppossedly unbeatable enemy who controls everything. Eragon fights Murtagh, then defeats the king in a way some saw as anticlimactic, I thought was alright. Meanwhile his cousin [s]Mary Sue[/s] [s]Clarke Kent[/s] Roran does more ridiculously over the top stuff outside against the kings superpowered forces, to the point where you think he's somewhere down the line become like one of those laughing dead enemies who can't feel pain and keeps fighting even when you lop his head off. Arya lives, Nasuada despite everything lives, Katrina survives somehow, Angela lives, and Murtagh is spared and lives.

After the evil king is dead the story meanders along. Eragon and Arya's dragons get together and its all slow but lovely progress into a brave new world, but Eragon feels this burning calling to rebuild the riders, and exile himself (note: he chooses to do this himself). After a teary goodbye from Arya and his cousin he sets sail never to be seen again.

My problem is that the hero Eragon came away from all this battle and war, and apart from his non-existant realtionship with Arya that mercifully did not happen, could have said to himself "I came out of that final battle alright all in all. Everyone I cared about going in to it survived and I've not suffered any major loss."

Which sucks and is dull.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[quote name='Fusion X. Denver' timestamp='1348358214' post='6030009']
His uncle Garrow?
His father Brom?
His teacher Oromis?
[/quote]

Amended my post to make it clearer (not that it wasn't already) that I meant out of the characters who weren't already dead (and in two of those cases, had been for some time) going into the forth book.

• 1 month later...

Archived