My spell card!

david ice

I'm not sure on teh OCG... but I can give it a shot

Activate 1 of the following effects
-Force the activation of 1 set Spell or Trap Card on the field.
-Target 1 face-down monster on the field. Flip that target.

I think it could probably used in mill decks for morphing jar or something... but eh...
and you need to fix teh 1st effect so it tells what happens if the timing of teh S/T it activates is correct or not.

[quote name='Sekiiro Ren' timestamp='1321620159' post='5650421']
I'm not sure on teh OCG... but I can give it a shot

Activate 1 of the following effects
-Force the activation of 1 set Spell or Trap Card on the field.
-Target 1 face-down monster on the field. Flip that target.

I think it could probably used in mill decks for morphing jar or something... but eh...
and you need to fix teh 1st effect so it tells what happens if the timing of teh S/T it activates is correct or not.
[/quote]
thx it would make spells quickplay

[quote name='ragnarok1945' timestamp='1321635730' post='5650715']
well the 2nd effect would actually work a lot better if you also said if that card has flip effect, it's not activated

but that's up to you
[/quote]

...it wouldn't work better. You would be stupid if you were to target your opponents monster with the 2nd effect, because monsters face-down usually is a Ryko.

[quote name='Sekiiro Ren' timestamp='1321637971' post='5650807']
What I mean is what if it flipped something like mirror force during your Main Phase... would it go back face-down or what?
[/quote]
It wouldn't work,but you could use it to activate a card like dark hole on your opponent's turn

[quote name='ragnarok1945' timestamp='1321635730' post='5650715']
well the 2nd effect would actually work a lot better if you also said if that card has flip effect, it's not activated

but that's up to you
[/quote]
I wanted it to help you activate cards such as trap or flip effect monsters the turn their set and spells on your opponents turn

[quote name='Sekiiro Ren' timestamp='1321637971' post='5650807']
What I mean is what if it flipped something like mirror force during your Main Phase... would it go back face-down or what?
[/quote]
It would resolve meaninglessly because the timing is wrong.

And the second card is a quckplay book of Taiyou.

And Empty Jar exists.

So you have 1 of 2 choices:
Keep it the way it is and have more of a flip effect engine for yourself
Make it stop flip effects and have it used against stuff like Ryko

Either way works really.

[quote name='ragnarok1945' timestamp='1321810094' post='5655089']
well it won't be as good as Light of Intervention, but it should work, so I like it
[/quote]

Not as good as Light of Intervention? Man, Light of Intervention doesn't even help you or your opponent activate the effects of FLIP monsters.

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Æther Royce' timestamp='1321816867' post='5655299']
Not as good as Light of Intervention? Man, Light of Intervention doesn't even help you or your opponent activate the effects of FLIP monsters.
[/quote]

Quit hatin'.

He's saying that Light of Intervention is Anti-FLIP, as you can't set them. I guess he hasn't realized that this card is meant to trigger FLIP effects, but going on his train of thought, if it DID negate FLIP effects, then they would both effectively combat FLIP monsters, just Light of Intervention doing it more effectively as it completely stops the setup as well as being continuous.

For the first effect, you should put something like "if the timing is off, the card is destroyed without effect" or something. I know theres a card like that, but I can't remember what it was or how its worded.

[quote name='Lord_Cow_Cow' timestamp='1322798271' post='5679958']
This could come in handy.
I do need clarification, if you flip a card that cannot activate (like the pre-mentioned Mirror Force) would it just fizzle and go to the graveyard?
And yes I realize that there's no real reason to use it on an opponents card.
[/quote]
Then it would go to the grave.I should make the card more specific

One thing to point out:
The card will flip the monster face-up without changing it's position because it doesn't state that it does.
Also, the monster must be face-down when targeted, but after that it doesn't specify "flip face-up", I'll guess that at resolution it'll "flip" from whatever state it is in. So if this targets a monster face-down, then another card is activated that flips it face-up before this card does, then this card probably would flip it again face-down (for the lulz) since it only says "flip".
Just in case you didn't mean it to do those like that. If you did, I see no flaws.

For people people that have questions on the other effect:
-Stuff with improper timing will fail, like Trap Hole when you are not Summoning, or Mirror Force when you are not attacking (like Twilight Sparkle said)
-Stuff that needs conditons it cannot fulfill will fail too, like Ojama Delta Hurricane when you have no monsters.

[quote name='~Applejack~' timestamp='1322929942' post='5682932']
Also, the monster must be face-down when targeted, but after that it doesn't specify "flip face-up", I'll guess that at resolution it'll "flip" from whatever state it is in. So if this targets a monster face-down, then another card is activated that flips it face-up before this card does, then this card probably would flip it again face-down (for the lulz) since it only says "flip".
[/quote]
Since it would no longer be an eligible target at that point (as it's no longer a "face-down monster") the effect disappears.

[quote name='~Applejack~' timestamp='1322929942' post='5682932']
For people people that have questions on the other effect:
-Stuff with improper timing will fail, like Trap Hole when you are not Summoning, or Mirror Force when you are not attacking (like Twilight Sparkle said)
-Stuff that needs conditons it cannot fulfill will fail too, like Ojama Delta Hurricane when you have no monsters.
[/quote]
That is the only logical conclusion but still needs to be specified because it's not a basic game mechanic.

All in all, this card strictly outclasses Bait Doll.

[quote name='newhat' timestamp='1322933869' post='5683085']
Since it would no longer be an eligible target at that point (as it's no longer a "face-down monster") the effect disappears.
[/quote]
Wrong. It requires a face-down target at activation. Once it's resolving it no longer cares if the monster is face-down or not.

Archived