Why does everyone say Internet Exploer is terrible

TOM 3.5

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[quote name='PatchBobo27' timestamp='1321813130' post='5655189']
Verz@ You are right it does depend on what sites you go to. IE is not very good because being linked to the OS system makes it slower
[/quote]

Thank you for putting my mind back at somewhat ease.

I'm noticing IE is slower than Firefox which unnerved me a little but if its just a natural thing thats ok, I don't require it to be lightning quick for my usage.

[quote name='Verz Bahamut' timestamp='1321810690' post='5655114']
Yeah my paranoid nerves about my computer going wrong again are fraught now.

When people say IE is less secure... how insecure is less secure...? :o
[/quote]

as in something along the lines like you can get up to 20 different trojans on it by using it just once

[quote name='J-Max' timestamp='1321847869' post='5656422']
Google Chrome is amazing but it can't do YCM properlly. So I often main Google Chrome and have my Firefox as Backup. IE is way too easily expoloitable by Hackers. Also Firefox loads most of the page BEFORE showing it. This reduces load times a lot.
[/quote]

So when was the last time you used IE AT ALL, J-max?

[quote name='burnpsy' timestamp='1321852737' post='5656522']
I alternate between Firefox and Chrome. As soon as i figure out how to use my current Chrome font on Firefox, I'll go back to Firefox full time.

Lies![/isonChrome]
[/quote]
It can't properlly lol. Editting Topics is near impossible. Also can't use my Yahoo Mail the way it should XD

[quote name='J-Max' timestamp='1321852824' post='5656525']
It can't properlly lol. Editting Topics is near impossible. Also can't use my Yahoo Mail the way it should XD
[/quote]

I assume you have the popup blocker on your Chrome?

The trick is to allow YCM and Yahoo Mail to bypass.

[quote name='J-Max' timestamp='1321852642' post='5656517']
Good question Rag. About 10 Years ago. Then my PC had a BSOD and someone recommended Firefox to me. Never looked back after that. The fact that IE is part of Windows has always bothered me.
[/quote]

Interesting

me, the only reason why I ever switched back to firefox to begin with was like 3 years ago when my computer's IE java got screwed up due to too much viruses, and could not be corrected without a complete OS reinstall, which I didn't have the original CD, so I had to switch to ff in the meantime to compensate, then I got used to it

[quote name='ragnarok1945' timestamp='1321824099' post='5655529']
as in something along the lines like you can get up to 20 different trojans on it by using it just once
[/quote]

Seriously?

Just by browsing a few select decent sites using that (default) browser instead of Firefox?

*Has just had the fear of several gods put in him*

I just really fear downloading anything at all at the moment. Especially given the opening post. Dammit. I just want a computer so I can write and share stories, why do people have to be so malicious and spiteful to make these damn things? :(

Archived