It's official, our nation is the new definition of the word fail

Lt. Colonel Remo

[url="http://www.huffingtonpost.com/kristin-wartman/pizza-is-a-vegetable_b_1101433.html"]http://www.huffingtonpost.com/kristin-wartman/pizza-is-a-vegetable_b_1101433.html[/url]

[url="http://blogs.edweek.org/edweek/campaign-k-12/2011/11/pizza_would_be_a_vegetable_in.html"]http://blogs.edweek.org/edweek/campaign-k-12/2011/11/pizza_would_be_a_vegetable_in.html[/url]

So yeah, Pizza became a vegetable =/

They didn't do it because they're stupid (which they are, but that's not the point). They did it because Michelle Obama wants to increase the amount of vegetables in school lunches, but Congress is pretty much in bed with lobbyists who work for frozen pizza companies or whatever so they pushed to have pizza reclassified as a vegetable, so they don't have to change any school lunch menus while also complying with what the first lady said.

... But yeah, it just shows how much corporate control there is in America.

[quote name='PikaPerson01' timestamp='1321810967' post='5655123']
They didn't do it because they're stupid (which they are, but that's not the point). They did it because Michelle Obama wants to increase the amount of vegetables in school lunches, but Congress is pretty much in bed with lobbyists who work for frozen pizza companies or whatever so they pushed to have pizza reclassified as a vegetable, so they don't have to change any school lunch menus while also complying with what the first lady said.

... But yeah, it just shows how much corporate control there is in America.
[/quote]
Exactly

they are willing to go the extra mile to make the retardedly impossible, possible

Michelle Obama was trying to help and what do the conservatives do? The same thing they always do... F*ck up progress... COME ON! Stupid lobbying conservatives wanting to make pizza a vegetable... All we wanted to do was put more vegetables in school lunches to make it healthier for kids and WHAT DO THEY DO!? They try to keep pizza going by making it a vegetable...

Actually, I can understand why they wouldn't want to increase the amount of vegetables at school lunch. There are some kids whose only meal of the day is school lunch, and it would be best if they served something that they will eat. Plus, I put most of the blame on parents for having obese children, not schools.

Though the redefining pizza is pure silliness, and fries need to be eradicated from the school menu.

I saw this on SNL, and I was blown away at how stupid this is. Pizzas are made of Bread, Cheese, sometimes Pepperoni and Tomatoes. Tomatoes are a FRUIT, they have seeds, like Apples and Oranges.

Bread + Dairy + Meat + Fruit = Vegetable

I don't know why on Earth they would say something so outlandishly stupid, but they did...

[quote name='-Noel-' timestamp='1321823815' post='5655514']
Seriously, I thought this only happened in Brazil.

Really.

The world changed a lot.
[/quote]
I live in a city with the main export of meth, and there are places a lot worse. I don't like feeding children unhealthy foods either, but I'd rather do that then have them eat nothing at all. If only healthy food tasted good. =/

[quote name='Izaya Orihara' timestamp='1321825381' post='5655574']
The whole idea is pointless considering the fact that school lunches shouldn't even be considered food...
[/quote]
This :D

My mom packed my lunch through High School. Seems kiddish, but I got to sleep in at the cost of her putting "good" stuff in my lunch.

Then again I'm not that picky on anything outside of salad.

[quote name='Twilight Sparkle' timestamp='1321825704' post='5655578']
This :D

My mom packed my lunch through High School. Seems kiddish, but I got to sleep in at the cost of her putting "good" stuff in my lunch.

Then again I'm not that picky on anything outside of salad.
[/quote]
Same except Eva-Chan usually makes mine ^^

[size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]why did i know this was about america? well now people will be encouraged to eat this vegetable[/font][/size]

[size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]IMO pizza even without extra toppings cannot be placed under any food category, it is a mix of 3 types of food, sometimes 4 or 5. it is basically a hybrid.[/font][/size]

Archived