Gagagigo + Gale Lizard Fusion

Snatcher

... I can't really tell if this is hideously broken or horribly situational. I'm definitely leaning towards broken, though. It's a field bounce, which, given most monsters on the field will be Synchros or Xyz, this is pretty much giving your opponent the middle finger. Consider Koalo-Koala requires sending 1 beast to destroy 1 monster, broken seems more likely. Consider making it a one for one bounce, instead of as is. Even if it isn't broken, it's bad card design.

Doesn't seem all that creative, as it just mirrors effects like Brionac.

OCG fix: Once per turn: You can discard 1 card: Return all other monsters on the field to their owner's hand.

Even though I love Gagagigo, I didn't have much hope when I saw that this thread would be for a fusion with Gale Lizard. This is basically a massively overpowered version of Gale Lizard. Granted, it could be killed like any other monster, but just summoning this card gives you a ridiculous advantage. At least this is a Fusion monster rather than a regular monster, but even then you could still use Instant Fusion to get this out. I think if this was a Synchro or an Xyz, it would make this card more balanced.

Well it certainly sets up really fast direct attacks, and the 1950 atk isn't really enough for a OTK.

Problem is it's a bit too easy to summon (don't forget fusion materials can work from the hand)

What I would have said is that you can summon this without polymerization.

However, the two fusion material monsters must both be on the field, that'll make it a bit harder to get out.

I highly doubt this card was designed with the intent of being used for OTKs. Making the summoning conditions more like XYZ Dragon Cannon's just brings me back to the point that this would be less broken if it was a Synchron or an Xyz. In fact, if it was an Xyz, then you could just make it so that this card can only activate its effect by detaching the Xyz materials, limiting the uses of the effect to two times. Since this is intended to be a Gagagigo + Gale Lizard fusion, I would recommend this a Rank 4 Xyz that requires Water monsters to keep the basic idea of this card intact.

[quote name='Phantom Roxas' timestamp='1321939401' post='5658665'] I highly doubt this card was designed with the intent of being used for OTKs. Making the summoning conditions more like XYZ Dragon Cannon's just brings me back to the point that this would be less broken if it was a Synchron or an Xyz. In fact, if it was an Xyz, then you could just make it so that this card can only activate its effect by detaching the Xyz materials, limiting the uses of the effect to two times. Since this is intended to be a Gagagigo + Gale Lizard fusion, I would recommend this a Rank 4 Xyz that requires Water monsters to keep the basic idea of this card intact. [/quote]

That's a good idea. Do you know where I can get an Xyz monster template though?

No, that is a bad idea. BAD IDEA.

Xyz are way too easy to summon, and it would only use its eff once then head into an OTK. Not sure how proficient it would be with WATER, but seeing as this requires Polymerization, which is pretty meh, Future Fusion, which this doesn't really benefit, or Instant Fusion.

Just bump the level up by 1 and make it a one for one bounce. Discard 1, Bounce 1...

The biggest point here is indeed Instant Fusion. For a mere 1000 LP and a discard (which in most cases should be a benefit for you), you get a full field wipe. Time the summon of this card correctly and you can pretty much win the game.

But if it was an Xyz, then it should be of an odd, high Rank, or maybe a Rank 1.

[quote name='-Noel-' timestamp='1321979681' post='5659165'] The biggest point here is indeed Instant Fusion. For a mere 1000 LP and a discard (which in most cases should be a benefit for you), you get a full field wipe. Time the summon of this card correctly and you can pretty much win the game. But if it was an Xyz, then it should be of an odd, high Rank, or maybe a Rank 1. [/quote]

Yes, it's a game winner if the opponent has less life points than 1950 (or whatever this card is buffed to), but I made sure it would return the cards of the player who summoned it too. That way OTK's will be nigh impossible to pull off. Not to mention this card doesn't return spell/traps. Most players will already have a counter to this card in their deck. Instant Fusion doesn't break this card.

[quote name='Snatcher' timestamp='1321982136' post='5659244']
Yes, it's a game winner if the opponent has less life points than 1950 (or whatever this card is buffed to), but I made sure it would return the cards of the player who summoned it too. That way OTK's will be nigh impossible to pull off. Not to mention this card doesn't return spell/traps. Most players will already have a counter to this card in their deck. Instant Fusion doesn't break this card.
[/quote]
[img]http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20111031025121/yugioh/images/thumb/b/b4/TheFabledCerburrelHA04-EN-ScR-1E.png/300px-TheFabledCerburrelHA04-EN-ScR-1E.png[/img]

And that's just one example.

Trust me, the OTK is, in no way whatsoever, hard to achieve. Instant Fusion breaks it wide open. If you had any idea of the current state of the metagame, you'd see how broken this could potentially be. You can even summon it before your normal summon or anything, when you have an empty field or something that likes to be in the hand.

This card is really broken with Instant Fusion =/

Still not the most wise card design. Then again, the Fusion Materials from this card are mediocre, so I guess it's not broken on itself, but Instant Fusion does it make it broken as above stated.

Obviously you would never want to summon it by a proper Fusion Summon anyway.

Plus, Instant Fusion doesn't let the monster attack.

[quote name='-Noel-' timestamp='1321982388' post='5659252'] Still not the most wise card design. Then again, the Fusion Materials from this card are mediocre, so I guess it's not broken on itself, but Instant Fusion does it make it broken as above stated. [/quote]

If only instant fusion wasn't considered a fusion summon. That way I could keep it at level 5. Oh, well... I suppose I'll bump it to level 6.

Archived