Drugs

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They shouldn't be illegal. While they should be allowed, a drug that would envelope a large area like the smoke of a smoked drug should be done in solitude as not to bother anybody who does not wish to be around those drugs. Allow opium dens like they used to have. If they wish to rot away, they'll rot away. Monetary responsibility is to the owner of any used finances. It isn't anybody's place to restrict anybody else if they're not harming anybody else.

[quote name='Brownstar' timestamp='1321946998' post='5658777']
You know regular cigaretts are way more dangerous than those drugs you mentioned, right?
[/quote]
Cigarettes are just as sick but that is not what the topics about...
It pains me to admit that making these drugs illegal would not help at all... Unfortunately they must be legal... I still hate all of them though...

I am on drugs. They're called Tvtropes and Crack(e*rimshot*
In all seriousness, I honest to god don't know much about drugs. Alcohol and cigarettes seem to be the bigger problem here.
(For reference, both are technically drugs. You might want to change the title a bit.)
Asbestos is not a drug. It can cause lung cancer, but for that matter, if we counted everything that could cause lung cancer...
*Almost feels obliged to post a part of Portal 2*
*Feels it would be bad taste*

[quote name='Avaritia' timestamp='1321945772' post='5658759']
They shouldn't be illegal. While they should be allowed, a drug that would envelope a large area like the smoke of a smoked drug should be done in solitude as not to bother anybody who does not wish to be around those drugs. Allow opium dens like they used to have. If they wish to rot away, they'll rot away. Monetary responsibility is to the owner of any used finances. It isn't anybody's place to restrict anybody else if they're not harming anybody else.
[/quote]

Taking drugs require money; the addict victim must earn a lot, but rarely do they actually even have a legal job. In those cases they rob, kill, etc. to earn that money to buy them. But still, in your words, they don't harm anybody else.

But in all honesty cigarattes should be illegal too.

[quote name='Darkplant - FEAR' timestamp='1321948447' post='5658802']
Taking drugs require money; the addict victim must earn a lot, but rarely do they actually even have a legal job. In those cases they rob, kill, etc. to earn that money to buy them. But still, in your words, they don't harm anybody else.

[/quote]
And so should alcohol but look what happens everytime we do?

[quote name='Darkplant - FEAR' timestamp='1321948447' post='5658802']

[/quote]

I didn't explain deeply enough. So sorry.

If they are legally sold, attaining them will cause less pressure on those addicted. If the means to the ends harm anybody but themselves, then the culprits should be taken away. If the ends themselves hurt anybody besides the culprit, stop them, as well. It's not the drugs the inherent problem, it's more of what is done to purchase them and where they kill themselves after.

I wouldn't mind if drugs were illegal, either. I live where they are illegal and everything is fine.

I'd never, ever, get close to anything like that. My dad drinks a "legal" drug called alcohol and until 4 years ago he smoked a lot, and I despise that. I never ever drinked beer, nor tried cigarretes, or anything like that.

Don't get me wrong, opportunity to start I had many. But modesty aside, I think I handled all of that pretty well.

I'll never try alcohol, cigarretes or any kind of drugs that aren't inside a medicine.

I have never done drugs, drank alcohol or smoked, and I don't intend to. I find all of them at least somewhat bad.

I believe that things like weed, alcohol and cigarettes aren't bad as long as the user doesn't overuse them. All the others I wouldn't advise taking at all, they are addictive and will probably mess you up.

But in the end, it's the user's choice. They can take as much crack, cocaine or heroin as they want, but it's addicting, illegal and can harm the user and others.

A crackhead I know broke into my house and stole a guitar from me and sold while I was on vacation with my family once. Needless to say, he's in jail atm. Not sure when he's getting out, luckily the guy had the decency to tell the police who he sold the guitar to, and I ended up getting it back. That stuff's way too dangerous to do.

HOWEVER: I think that marijuana should be legalized. There are far less harmful effects than cigarettes and alcohol. It's really rare to get lung cancer from smoking weed, and I've never heard of liver disease from it either. All weed is is a simple high that doesn't impair very much. It's more of a very simple sedative in a way, but it's not classified as that, so I won't really call it that. Plus, there are so many misconceptions about it. Everyone says it'll f*** up your vision or make you unable to walk straight or whatever, but it really doesn't. Honestly, the worst part of it is that it makes you really hungry, and that's not even a huge deal

Allow me to offer some insight, by the way, just so you don't think I'm bullshitting you. I smoke weed a few times a month with friends. It's a great stress reliever, and has actually helped me focus on some things. As long as you don't use it as a coping device, it really isn't harmful, and it quite fun. Actually, since I started smoking, I've done better in school. Now, I'm not saying "go smoke weed and you'll get straight A's!" because that's clearly not true. A lot of people abuse it, which can lead to a minor mental addiction, but nothing more. It really is the safest recreational drug there is.
I have also used cigarettes. THOSE, I regret. I was addicting for around four months, and I'm really glad I quit. I was never ridiculous about smoking them (I'd only smoke like 1 a day, 2 on a bad day), but after I quit I felt miraculously better about who I was. So I will say don't smoke regular cigarettes. I've also drank alcohol. I don't do it often. It's not really worth it. I mean, it's cool and all, but weed is easier not to get caught with, it's a lot harder to overdose, you won't get sick or anything, etc. Weed gives you an arguably better effect than alcohol, and is much safer. I've never tried any hardcore drugs though. Too bad for your health.

So final word: Smoke weed if you want to, drink on occasion. Stay away from cigarettes and the nasty stuff. And if you don't wanna, you don't have to. Peer pressure is bullshit, though. People rarely actually act like that because someone doesn't want to smoke.

[quote name='John A. Zoidberg' timestamp='1322003932' post='5659962']
A crackhead I know broke into my house and stole a guitar from me and sold while I was on vacation with my family once. Needless to say, he's in jail atm. Not sure when he's getting out, luckily the guy had the decency to tell the police who he sold the guitar to, and I ended up getting it back. That stuff's way too dangerous to do.

HOWEVER: I think that marijuana should be legalized. There are far less harmful effects than cigarettes and alcohol. It's really rare to get lung cancer from smoking weed, and I've never heard of liver disease from it either. All weed is is a simple high that doesn't impair very much. It's more of a very simple sedative in a way, but it's not classified as that, so I won't really call it that. Plus, there are so many misconceptions about it. Everyone says it'll f*** up your vision or make you unable to walk straight or whatever, but it really doesn't. Honestly, the worst part of it is that it makes you really hungry, and that's not even a huge deal

Allow me to offer some insight, by the way, just so you don't think I'm bullshitting you. I smoke weed a few times a month with friends. It's a great stress reliever, and has actually helped me focus on some things. As long as you don't use it as a coping device, it really isn't harmful, and it quite fun. Actually, since I started smoking, I've done better in school. Now, I'm not saying "go smoke weed and you'll get straight A's!" because that's clearly not true. A lot of people abuse it, which can lead to a minor mental addiction, but nothing more. It really is the safest recreational drug there is.
I have also used cigarettes. THOSE, I regret. I was addicting for around four months, and I'm really glad I quit. I was never ridiculous about smoking them (I'd only smoke like 1 a day, 2 on a bad day), but after I quit I felt miraculously better about who I was. So I will say don't smoke regular cigarettes. I've also drank alcohol. I don't do it often. It's not really worth it. I mean, it's cool and all, but weed is easier not to get caught with, it's a lot harder to overdose, you won't get sick or anything, etc. Weed gives you an arguably better effect than alcohol, and is much safer. I've never tried any hardcore drugs though. Too bad for your health.

So final word: Smoke weed if you want to, drink on occasion. Stay away from cigarettes and the nasty stuff. And if you don't wanna, you don't have to. Peer pressure is bullshit, though. People rarely actually act like that because someone doesn't want to smoke.
[/quote]
That's my plan.

Archived