The Duel Portal Program - available now

.Leo

This is the Duel Portal, a virtually no-maintenance Dueling program presented to any and all YCM members. This program is a great for testing new cards and archetypes! Helps people in RC get a better grasp on how good their cards actually are.

Now before you guys jump to the conclusion, this is NOT an LCCG project. This was a project that was made by LCCG members to help better the experience in custom cards, mainly Realistic Cards, where most of the traffic is directed.

Now how is this working, you wonder? Simple! Here is a screen shot of the main screen:

thepic.jpg

RED: This is where you upload cards. You get a code creator which creates codes to be uploaded to the server. Once you have completed your card with all the necessary attributes and Tier associated with it (explained in the program) and you generate it, you can than upload to it to the server. The upload is virtually instantaneous. The cards you upload can be used by you and anybody else.

PURPLE: This is the duel feature. It is very likely you will need assistance from Hamachi or a similar program (see below explanation) to duel.

ORANGE: This is the list of cards uploaded to the server. You can add these cards to your deck. Pretty straight-forward.

GREEN: This shows the cards stats, effect (vanilla lore) and other important information.

YELLOW: This is your deck-list, pretty straightforward as well.

TURQUOISE: This is the warning list. You can add cards in the server that you want to be warned of if you duel them. If your opponent has that card, the program will immediately inform you. This is useful if you don't want to duel against insane cards.

There are already some cards in there to give you guys an idea of tiers, but these are mostly for example. We want you to upload everything else! =)

If you want to upload your own cards, say so in this thread and what username you will go by. Cards are occasionally checked by the name they are made by, and to prevent abusing the system, we need you to mention your name. Any cards whose usernames are not found here will be deleted!

We also highly recommend using Hamachi to duel because of its user-friendly interface. Hamachi gives you another IP address to work with. It is likely that a firewall could prevent you from dueling other people, so it is very possible you need to use a program like Hamachi. We’ve also made 2 networks, this is the one that isn't full:

Network Name: DuelPortal3

Password: DuelPortal3

Within the network you can find duelists who are online and chat with them to request a duel. Also note that sometimes firewalls can block a connection. It may be necessary for you to disable a firewall during a duel.

Have fun with it!

------EDIT: New version------

Duel Portal.zip

• Replies 551
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Dante v. Nero

So it's the same thing as YVD in essence without a ban-list?

I get why no one would want to run YVD anymore except for the creation of Custom Cards, but YVD's popularity basically shorted out when DN came out. Why should we use this over DN?

It does interesting, don't get me wrong, but I'm just wondering at this point because YVD is basically the same thing...

EDIT: It also needs a search button...

I get why no one would want to run YVD anymore except for the creation of Custom Cards, but YVD's popularity basically shorted out when DN came out. Why should we use this over DN?

It does interesting, don't get me wrong, but I'm just wondering at this point because YVD is basically the same thing...

The reason is that YVD requires you to have the same .set file which can be quite a bit of a hassle. With this program constantly updating itself there is no problem with making sure everybody is compatible with each other.

The difference between this and DN is that everyone uses cards that anyone uploads. YVD would require some sort of organizational community, but this doesn't require maitenance from anyone. Plus this pretty much fulfills all those other Comments and Suggestions where people ask "Put some dueling program in YCM, etc." Basically a testing environment for card creators.

Guest Dante v. Nero

The reason is that YVD requires you to have the same .set file which can be quite a bit of a hassle. With this program constantly updating itself there is no problem with making sure everybody is compatible with each other.

The difference between this and DN is that everyone uses cards that anyone uploads. YVD would require some sort of organizational community, but this doesn't require maitenance from anyone. Plus this pretty much fulfills all those other Comments and Suggestions where people ask "Put some dueling program in YCM, etc." Basically a testing environment for card creators.

I understand your reasoning. I support then. It would be interesting to see how this goes.

I already made my opinion known on LCCG forums, but i'll put it here too.

I appreciate the thought behind this program, it was made with good intention, however I feel that it was carried out in a bad way. The fact that there is no ban list opens the door to trolls to make nothing but auto-win cards and the likes, and there's nothing to stop them.

Another concern of mine is theft. I personally will have nothing to do with this program, however my cards could get on this program because someone comes along on one of my card topics and takes my ideas for themselves.

I like the feeling of freedom that people get with this, but it's too much freedom, IMO.

I already made my opinion known on LCCG forums, but i'll put it here too.

I appreciate the thought behind this program, it was made with good intention, however I feel that it was carried out in a bad way. The fact that there is no ban list opens the door to trolls to make nothing but auto-win cards and the likes, and there's nothing to stop them.

Another concern of mine is theft. I personally will have nothing to do with this program, however my cards could get on this program because someone comes along on one of my card topics and takes my ideas for themselves.

I like the feeling of freedom that people get with this, but it's too much freedom, IMO.

It is a lot of freedom, however it will serve its purpose as a testing environment for card creators, rather than a competitive card game. Tiers are there for some choices on what kinds of decks you want to fight, and the Warning List too.

Theft is a good concern, we will probably allow people to post or PM somewhere any complaints about plagarism, where it can be taken down from the card pool subsequently.

@ Dante - Search is at the top :)

-sigh-

My only problem is that YCM Mods will try to combind all CCG's and that will be a nightmare. Also I agree with ~OW~'s points. Sorry Sea & Leo but this is a good idea but I'm not too fond of this.

I do agree with the comment about combining CCGs. It would be a complete nightmare and through this project we don't support that at all.

Well, we won't know how the project will pan out until we see the reaction of ycm in general. The goal was to be more casual, not limiting people to much.

Plagarism is the only "big" problem I see here and it can be easily solved by deleting it from the server.

-sigh-

My only problem is that YCM Mods will try to combind all CCG's and that will be a nightmare. Also I agree with ~OW~'s points. Sorry Sea & Leo but this is a good idea but I'm not too fond of this.

I do agree with the comment about combining CCGs. It would be a complete nightmare and through this project we don't support that at all.

Well, we won't know how the project will pan out until we see the reaction of ycm in general. The goal was to be more casual, not limiting people to much.

Plagarism is the only "big" problem I see here and it can be easily solved by deleting it from the server.

yeah, we hope to correlate with the rest of YCM to get a general consensus and feedback. Though be sure that we would not agree to something like that.

Guest Cursed Reaction

This will only work as a more organized project really.

There will most likely have to be some sort of unified CCG for the whole of Custom Cards in order for this to work, otherwise I'm pretty sure this will flop pretty badly. My personal opinion really.

I mean, it'll be pretty confusing with a holy pile of batman on the server. Unless there's some sort of way you can organize them (such as being able to create folders for certain projects, such as LCCG, so that they are not confused).

This project in no way needs a unified ccg.

I do agree though. Organizing could be a problem. Card Folders would be a very interesting idea. We will take that into consideration.

I will let you know Ezio Auditore di Firenze when it is released to the public.

So, this is basically for people who want to verse others online with their own created cards from this site or other various places? If so, I'm definitely all for it.....If not exactly what I said, please explain.....

Yes that's exactly right :)

@ Cursed Reaction - If it helps, LCCG won't be using this project, we have our own. But I can see why organization could still be a problem. I don't really understand what you mean by "card folders" but we could include some sort of alternate set code for each card to be filtered by.

So, this is basically for people who want to verse others online with their own created cards from this site or other various places? If so, I'm definitely all for it.....If not exactly what I said, please explain.....

It is cards that the community of duellists creates. Anybody can upload cards to the server.

So basically yeah.

I highly doubt this will succeed without some sort of moderation. Simply letting the users report each other is not going to work, because users do not have the authority to actually do anything. Have you seen some of the disputes over "OP'd/UP'd" in RC? Now imagine it on an unregulated dueling system. Count me out until this has authoritative moderators and definitive rules.

Ah, in that case, hurry up and get it done, I would love to see this happen....I wish I could help, but I'm lacking script knowledge, time, and money.....

Anyhoo, will someone pm me when this is done, fully done, I'll give it a whirl.....

Well it's basically done, but we just want to get some more suggestions for some final changes before release. But will do =)

I highly doubt this will succeed without some sort of moderation. Simply letting the users report each other is not going to work, because users do not have the authority to actually do anything. Have you seen some of the disputes over "OP'd/UP'd" in RC? Now imagine it on an unregulated dueling system. Count me out until this has authoritative moderators and definitive rules.

Okay, since a lot of you have brought this up, we could start some sort of complaint thread for cards and players alike, but imposing any more than that would kind of defeat the purpose.

If the cards were moderated based on balance then usually a lot of cards would get rejected. I find that if players can test their cards in duels they will gain a better sense of balance than if other people just tell them “OP, UP” etc. Plus that would also turn this into basically a CCG which is not for this project.

If anyone wishes to create their own factions, their own Ban-Lists, or help others with balancing their cards, by all means you can do so, but we need to leave some room for new players and testers ;)

Archived